Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235545 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2905 on: June 27, 2018, 07:09:59 AM »
Axe is this your first time in OR? My gf travels there a few times a year to work and she loves it, her pictures from Crater Lake are unbelievable.

Good morning lads.

Yea, this is why our stay in Portland was short, we were just making our way to Crater Lake.  Which is a good drive from Portland so yea, if you got the plans already it's probably not in the cards, but it really is unbelievable

Another fun fact about Oregon that makes it similar to NJ, you don't pump your own gas  :lol  Guy was really confused when I went to pump my own gas and then I was confused as I thought that was only a jersey thing

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2906 on: June 29, 2018, 09:36:59 AM »
Good Morning All.

So... my boss has an ad out on one of the big employment search websites and is forwarding me the resumes that come in. Some of these are really really bad. The job requires basic writing and computer skills, and if you can't put together a readable resume, how is someone supposed to confidently hire you?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2907 on: June 29, 2018, 12:56:10 PM »
People being people

Work let everyone out early today so I just got home and have all of next week off.  My little sister is being induced late tonight so I should wake up with a new niece that I'll visit in the morning then tomorrow night is the Foreigner, Whitesnake, Jason Bonham concert, then Monday I am getting a small surgery to remove a lump, but it's almost 100% benign and should be in and out so that'll be good to get that done.  Otherwise doing chores around the house and chilling with the gf next week until we head to Vermont next weekend for the Angry Orchards Rock the Roots festival.  I'm looking forward to the next 9 days  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2908 on: June 29, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
Still a lot going on there!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2909 on: June 29, 2018, 08:33:04 PM »
Evening dudes. Drinking some port, listening to some Pink Floyd and going boating tomorrow. Should be a good day.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2910 on: June 30, 2018, 12:49:24 AM »
Evening dudes. Drinking some port, listening to some Pink Floyd and going boating tomorrow. Should be a good day.

Did getting engaged just make you skip to being 60 years old already? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2911 on: June 30, 2018, 04:19:04 AM »
Yesterday was our company's year end, and now it's a long weekend (Canada Day tomorrow).  Temps in the mid 30s, feeling like 40s all week.  Gonna have to walk the dogs early every day - our 11 year old dog doesn't do heat very well.

Longer post coming later regarding car situation.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2912 on: June 30, 2018, 05:01:50 AM »
Blob you bastard.  :lol

Morning Chad.  Hanging out with my cousin and his wife today.  It's been decades since we've done this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2913 on: June 30, 2018, 03:15:24 PM »
Ugh, the heat is unbearable and I lost power about an hour ago now.  Not expected to be fixed for a few more hours.  I guess I am heading to the concert tonight sooner than later to get out of the house as it's starting to heat up.  Luckily the basement is still really chill.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2914 on: June 30, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
Ugh is right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2915 on: July 01, 2018, 05:08:12 AM »
Yeah, it's hot as shit up here too.  I was working in the garage yesterday for about an hour, and was dripping with sweat.  jingle.son was working the local farmer's market, and was dying by the end of his shift - 7 hours in the 34o weather.  It's gonna be that hot all week.

Gonna go out and wash the cars in a few minutes before the sun crests over the houses and it starts to get stupid hot.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2916 on: July 01, 2018, 05:11:18 AM »
34? That's only 2 degrees above freezing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2917 on: July 01, 2018, 05:18:12 AM »
34? That's only 2 degrees above freezing.

Answer your phone... it's the rest of the world calling to say come join us with USEFUL units of measurement.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2918 on: July 01, 2018, 05:50:07 AM »
The heatwave is here!

Morning.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2919 on: July 01, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »
Morning, it's already hot as hell here, somewhere around 30C and it's only 9am.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2920 on: July 02, 2018, 06:06:12 AM »
This heat can go to hell.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2921 on: July 02, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »
Yup, enjoying my winter* right now. :hat

*Australian Winter

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2922 on: July 02, 2018, 06:34:48 AM »
I’ll take Australian winter now.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2923 on: July 02, 2018, 06:36:31 AM »
Soooo hot. I just realized I left a fresh fire extinguisher in my back seat of my car. What are the chances it explodes back there? I imagine a fire extinguisher of all things is designed to withstand that kind of thing, no?

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2925 on: July 02, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »

I'll take Australia winter all year round. Australian summer can go fuck itself though. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2926 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:33 AM »

I'll take Australia winter all year round. Australian summer can go fuck itself though. :lol

No joke. :lol

I saw the Incredibles II yesterday.  It was awesome.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2927 on: July 02, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
Soooo hot. I just realized I left a fresh fire extinguisher in my back seat of my car. What are the chances it explodes back there? I imagine a fire extinguisher of all things is designed to withstand that kind of thing, no?

Hopefully in your Mini and not the new one....  Maybe you'll get lucky!!   "Farmer's... we know a few things, because we've seen a few things!"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2928 on: July 02, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »
Just got a lipoma (a fatty tissue) removed from my forehead.  Boy do I have a headache right now.  They did show me what they removed and it was really disgusting  :lol  It will be nice to no longer have a bump on my head though once it recovers.  But that was an odd feeling of someone ripping back your forehead skin and then forcibly removing something (I chose not to go under for this).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2929 on: July 02, 2018, 11:44:39 AM »
Ouch!  I've got 3 cysts on the inside heel of my right foot that burns.  I need to take care of that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2930 on: July 02, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
So my boss uses Zip Recruiter for hiring. I have half a dozen resumes people have submitted. I've called each one. Left voice mails when possible. 2 people actually picked up- One identified himself as the person I was looking for, and then told me I had the wrong number when I IDed myself and hung up

The other answered, and became angry with me for calling him. He didn't comprehend that I was responding to his resume he submitted. Cussed me out and told me never to call him again. The funny thing is, I've spoken with this guy before. He expressed interest in the job (he was recommended by a then employee ) a few months ago. I didn't hire him only because I filled the position before we could schedule an interview.

I don't get people. I really don't.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2931 on: July 02, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »
Have you tried Indeed? When I was hiring I used indeed and got pretty good responses.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2932 on: July 03, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »
I'm surrounded by dumb.  It's a disease that's spreading.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2933 on: July 03, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
Have you tried Indeed? When I was hiring I used indeed and got pretty good responses.

I think my company used to use Indeed. Why they use Zip Recruiter now? I have no idea.

---

In other news, one more day until I get to see how my entire crew works together when they are ALL together at once. Tomorrow is going to be nuts.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2934 on: July 04, 2018, 06:22:31 AM »

Posting for a friend.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2935 on: July 04, 2018, 06:34:35 AM »
I will buy tea bags and throw it in a lake today.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2936 on: July 04, 2018, 06:56:47 AM »
I will not buy any stamps today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2937 on: July 04, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »

Posting for a friend.

Came here to post this  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2938 on: July 05, 2018, 09:55:57 AM »
Man this minor surgery from Monday is really messing with me.  My eye below my forehead is so swollen.  My head isn't even swollen anymore and is otherwise fine besides having a lot of stitches across it, but my left eye below the incision is really bad.  Like I can almost hardly see out of it so swollen and it just started yesterday.  Since it got worse today, I called the doc and sent a pic which he said is all normal and fine.  Essentially the blood moves down from the forehead and that's what's happening.  But I look scary, really scary and disgusting.  If I was ugly before, I am an ugly crack head who's been beat up now.  I can't even set foot outside looking like this  :lol  My gf wanted nothing to do with my yesterday.  I hope it gets better before we go to Vermont Saturday.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2939 on: July 05, 2018, 10:48:25 AM »
Hope you feel better!  Where are you going in Vermont?