Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233381 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2870 on: June 24, 2018, 07:35:23 AM »
Tim.  Feed?

YouTube feed. Get out of the dark ages old man. ;D

:lol

Poison show was awesome last night.  I had a feeling Bret Michaels was going to dedicate a song to Vinnie Paul so I had the camera ready and got it when he said it.  He dedicated the concert to him and played Ride the Wind.  Got it on video and blabbermouth was on top of it and saw they shared my video this morning:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/poison-dedicates-holmdel-concert-to-vinnie-paul-video/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2871 on: June 24, 2018, 12:04:55 PM »
Chad is so desperate for friends to go with, he flew to Montreal to go with me to Rush.

I have that much allure

And drove to Gettysburg!

We want to see the new Incredibles movie.

jingle.son and I are heading out tonight for that.  We just re-watched the original last night.  Fantastic movie.

I saw I2 with  my daughter and step son a couple days ago, and I LOVED it.  I thought it was awesome, one of the better movies - generally, not just "animated" or "family" - I've seen in recent years. Seriously; I thought it was that good.   

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2872 on: June 24, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
Welp guys I signed the paperwork this afternoon. Sometime in early November I will be the owner of a 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Can’t fucking wait!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2873 on: June 24, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
You'll be covered in pussy for a long time with that car.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2874 on: June 24, 2018, 12:44:04 PM »
Lol not sure if the gf will appreciate that. I’m so pumped, I’ve never owned a new car let alone ordered one.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2875 on: June 24, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »
Welp guys I signed the paperwork this afternoon. Sometime in early November I will be the owner of a 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Can’t fucking wait!

Fuck yeah.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2876 on: June 24, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »
What did you end up streaming blob?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2877 on: June 24, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
What did you end up streaming blob?

Nothing. :lol Couldn't think of anything worthwhile so I said fuck it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2878 on: June 24, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »

Cool and the Gang.  That's a long freakin wait though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2879 on: June 24, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »
The dealer said I could theorically get it as early as last week of August but truthfully customer orders get pushed back. Once ford generates my VIN number it’s about five weeks to build and I can track it on fords site. Then about a week delivery, but I have read horror stories about cars getting stuck in transport but I’ll cross that bridge when if I get there.

There is another alternative, say a mustang hits the dealer in August and it’s my build and spec (I don’t have a strange build, it’s just black with ever option except on) I can cancel my order and buy that one.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2880 on: June 24, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »
Lol not sure if the gf will appreciate that.

:lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2881 on: June 25, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »
Woke up to the news that the company I work for has been sold, the tech start up I've been working for the last 4+ years has all grown up and sold now for reported $1.6bn to a big company that's been in the news a lot lately for its acquisitions.  I don't know how I feel about all this.  It's not a total shock, there were rumors of something happening and last week the news broke of this happening.  It's just official today and now I have meetings all day.  But at least I get to work from home to do these meetings.  I feel like this could be very good for me or very bad.  I don't know yet.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2882 on: June 25, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
Woke up to the news that the company I work for has been sold, the tech start up I've been working for the last 4+ years has all grown up and sold now for reported $1.6bn to a big company that's been in the news a lot lately for its acquisitions.  I don't know how I feel about all this.  It's not a total shock, there were rumors of something happening and last week the news broke of this happening.  It's just official today and now I have meetings all day.  But at least I get to work from home to do these meetings.  I feel like this could be very good for me or very bad.  I don't know yet.

Change can present a tremendous opportunity..I've made much if my career from being able to leverage change and chaos.

So that scientist that was shot in California over the weekend while camping was a colleague that I had worked very closely with a couple of years ago.  "Fucked up" does not begin to describe this.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2883 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
I saw the headline but didn’t get read the story. I’m sorry millahh I can imagine thet hits very close to home.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2884 on: June 25, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
You've got to be kidding me.  I'm so sorry.  Such a senseless death.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2885 on: June 25, 2018, 09:21:22 AM »
thats crazy and sad, sorry man

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2886 on: June 25, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »
@cram don't suppose you're high enough up to see some of that sweet sweet acquisition money? A friend of mine was working at one of those startups that delivered gourmet meal ingredients to your door and then they got bought by a big supermarket chain and she got a pretty nice payout as a result.

@millahh damn, that's crazy dude, sorry to hear that.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2887 on: June 25, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
 :'(

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2888 on: June 25, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
@cram don't suppose you're high enough up to see some of that sweet sweet acquisition money? A friend of mine was working at one of those startups that delivered gourmet meal ingredients to your door and then they got bought by a big supermarket chain and she got a pretty nice payout as a result.

Just had our last meeting with our team and close management.  This actually sounds like great news after hearing about it all day.  It's not really a merger of any kind, they bought us for us so they need us.  In fact, the deal will be null if people leave, so there's incentives to stay.  Including a fat payout.  I'll get paid for all my vested stock options, and I have a lot.  Mostly because I threatened to quit after my first year and they enticed me with an insane amount of stock options, that 3 years later I haven't come close to getting a similar plan.  But once the deal is signed, I'm going to get paid for it all in one lump sum and the rest of my unvested stock options will continue to vest and be paid out quarterly.  My job and benefits safe until end of 2019, but we need to grow 10x so I think I'm fairly safe beyond that as well as they have no plans to close anything or lay anyone off.  I get to keep my 3 week sabatical next year (for working there for 5 years) so another huge plus as some might lose that, but I get it just in time.  I need to celebrate.  Everyone is boozing in the office now but I have a doctors appointment.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2889 on: June 25, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »
I saw the headline but didn’t get read the story. I’m sorry millahh I can imagine thet hits very close to home.

It's just horrifying.  Awful.  He had just had his last day on Wednesday, and he and his wife were taking new jobs (she'd just finished her residency, i think).  Killed in front of his daughters.

I can't claim to have been really close with him, but i tested the hell out of him, and we saw the world the same way.

I was talking with one of my colleagues today who was closer to him, and we had to change the subject so that neither of us would start crying (mostly thinking of his daughters).
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2890 on: June 25, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »

Just had our last meeting with our team and close management.  This actually sounds like great news after hearing about it all day.  It's not really a merger of any kind, they bought us for us so they need us.  In fact, the deal will be null if people leave, so there's incentives to stay.  Including a fat payout.  I'll get paid for all my vested stock options, and I have a lot.  Mostly because I threatened to quit after my first year and they enticed me with an insane amount of stock options, that 3 years later I haven't come close to getting a similar plan.  But once the deal is signed, I'm going to get paid for it all in one lump sum and the rest of my unvested stock options will continue to vest and be paid out quarterly.  My job and benefits safe until end of 2019, but we need to grow 10x so I think I'm fairly safe beyond that as well as they have no plans to close anything or lay anyone off.  I get to keep my 3 week sabatical next year (for working there for 5 years) so another huge plus as some might lose that, but I get it just in time.  I need to celebrate.  Everyone is boozing in the office now but I have a doctors appointment.

That's awesome... All of the benefits of getting bought, without your world getting turned upside-down!  And, if you have organizational aspirations, periods of rapid growth make for great opportunities.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2891 on: June 25, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »
Yea, I wanted something new as well to shake things up personally.  Job was getting stale and was feeling little room to grow.  But I had wanted to make it 5 years to get my 3 week vacation since I am so close to getting there.  My plan was to re-evaluate and look around after that, which may still happen, but I may not need to.  There may be a lot of opportunity within the next year to grow here now.  If I didn't have this appointment soon I'd be making myself a drink right now.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2892 on: June 25, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
So that scientist that was shot in California over the weekend while camping was a colleague that I had worked very closely with a couple of years ago.  "Fucked up" does not begin to describe this.

I read that the other day. Such terrible news. Was it some random guy in the woods? They don't really have any other info right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:14:09 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2893 on: June 25, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »
Buy-outs like that are chock full of opportunity, unless you are a one-trick pony with a product/software/license that someone covets.    My business was sold by GE to a French company lock stock and two smoking barrels, and save for a few who should  have been gone a long time ago, and a few that flocked back to the mother ship (GE) out of panic, it's been a good deal for the people that went.   They want us, they want us successful, and they want us happy.   It shows.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2894 on: June 25, 2018, 07:01:51 PM »

I read that the other day. Such terrible news. Was it some random guy in the woods? They don't really have any other info right?

That's what it looks like, some random psycho.

Buy-outs like that are chock full of opportunity, unless you are a one-trick pony with a product/software/license that someone covets.    My business was sold by GE to a French company lock stock and two smoking barrels, and save for a few who should  have been gone a long time ago, and a few that flocked back to the mother ship (GE) out of panic, it's been a good deal for the people that went.   They want us, they want us successful, and they want us happy.   It shows.

Yes...buy-outs are also good for getting rid of dead weight.  When we went though our first round, it was a bit Godfather-esque..."Today, all family business is settled"

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2895 on: June 26, 2018, 11:47:13 AM »
My company has bought out over a hundred smaller companies over the last few decades, all around the globe. Sadly it never ends well for those employees. We just need their customer base and their corresponding data. Once it's integrated into our systems, we don't need anyone from the company we acquired.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2896 on: June 26, 2018, 12:02:46 PM »
My company has bought out over a hundred smaller companies over the last few decades, all around the globe. Sadly it never ends well for those employees. We just need their customer base and their corresponding data. Once it's integrated into our systems, we don't need anyone from the company we acquired.

Yea, that's what it's like for banks in my past experience (my first job out of college was at Bear Stearns who was bought by JP Morgan Chase when the stock market crashed in 08).  And also from my experience of my current company buying others.  Which is why I was pretty worried.  But that's not the case here.  This company is creating a new company under the parent name and it's essentially going to be my company just rebranded and to compete, they need to grow about 5 to 10 times larger in the next years.  I actually liked everything our new CEO is saying and the way our management has spoken to us about it.  It's all really positive and nothing like what I've experienced in the past.  They don't want to change a single thing about us, just make us bigger.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2897 on: June 26, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »

Yea, that's what it's like for banks in my past experience (my first job out of college was at Bear Stearns who was bought by JP Morgan Chase when the stock market crashed in 08).  And also from my experience of my current company buying others.  Which is why I was pretty worried.  But that's not the case here.  This company is creating a new company under the parent name and it's essentially going to be my company just rebranded and to compete, they need to grow about 5 to 10 times larger in the next years.  I actually liked everything our new CEO is saying and the way our management has spoken to us about it.  It's all really positive and nothing like what I've experienced in the past.  They don't want to change a single thing about us, just make us bigger.

That's awesome. With that level of expansion, there'll probably be ample opportunity for upward and lateral movement throughout the new company.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:04:30 PM by Chino »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2898 on: June 26, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »
Yea, that's why I am so excited.  There's talk about hiring more people for our team which I am already senior level so I might have people coming in under me.  A lot of opportunity to come I think.  And if not, the experience of working at a start up and being apart of selling it off seems like the type of experience a future employer might want.  This is really the kick in the ass I needed in work to get motivated again.  I thought I'd have to leave to find that, and it seems it came right to me instead.  Our meeting today, the head of our department essentially said he felt the same way, place was getting stale and now there's new hope (on a personal level, the business was always strong).  Just got to wait the next 30-90 days for the deal to close, get a fat check, and then it's time to start the real work.  Until then, "business as usual" except don't spend any money since that will come out of all our shares.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2899 on: June 26, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
Howdy all. Just getting settled in my hotel in PDX for almost a full week of shenanigans.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2900 on: June 26, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
Nice, whats in Portland?  Spent a night there last year and enjoyed the food trucks and legal goods, but didn't have enough time to do anything else.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2901 on: June 26, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
Axe is this your first time in OR? My gf travels there a few times a year to work and she loves it, her pictures from Crater Lake are unbelievable.

Good morning lads.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2902 on: June 26, 2018, 08:26:06 PM »
Howdy all. Just getting settled in my hotel in PDX for almost a full week of shenanigans.

Post those beers you son of a.....

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2903 on: June 27, 2018, 01:00:46 AM »
Nice, whats in Portland?  Spent a night there last year and enjoyed the food trucks and legal goods, but didn't have enough time to do anything else.

Portland is the location for this year's National Homebrewer's Convention. The convention proper starts Thursday afternoon and runs through Saturday, but I like to come out early and check out some of the breweries while they're not too crowded and before the seminars and other convention stuff starts.

Axe is this your first time in OR? My gf travels there a few times a year to work and she loves it, her pictures from Crater Lake are unbelievable.

Good morning lads.

Yessir, first time in Oregon. Doubt anything outside of alcohol and food (aside from maybe some of the devil's lettuce) is in my future for this trip, but I met up tonight with some friends who are also in town for the convention but went hiking all day today and they had some fantastic pictures.

Post those beers you son of a.....

I'll probably get around to it tomorrow morning, but I've been up for almost 24 hours now so it's time for some sleep.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2904 on: June 27, 2018, 06:44:13 AM »
Nice, whats in Portland?

The dream of the 90s. It's where young people go to retire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc