Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236582 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2835 on: June 22, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »
Duh.

It's called The Ytse Jam.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2836 on: June 22, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »
:lol

I hope my weekend isn't filled with wedding stuff. I was looking forward to doing some car shopping.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2837 on: June 23, 2018, 04:16:45 AM »

I hope my weekend isn't filled with wedding stuff. I was looking forward to doing some car shopping.

We just completed ours.  Sadly, Gregg was right, insurance company deemed our vehicle a total loss - though it was right on the edge of being fixable (financially speaking) - like $800 difference.  Insurance offered about 94% of the market value of the vehicle, but I'm still negotiating for the max settlement I can get.  I'm ok with it though now... between the auto-body manager explaining the damage and why he would never want his family in a car that took the damage ours did (the main support bar between the driver and rear seat was compromised), and the thought of getting a new vehicle, I'm cool.  So, with some pretty generous government incentives (that are about to be axed since we have a new Provincial government being sworn in on Friday), we're getting a Kia Optima Plug-in Hybrid/Electric for about 50% of the price of a new one (taking into account the settlement and 'green' rebate).  Should be picking it up on Thursday.

It's amazing how 'dated' a 7-year old vehicle gets in terms of technology and safety features.  That's the big appeal of a new car - the safety features.  Plus, the EV aspect of it means we'll break even and be saving money on gas in about 2-ish years.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2838 on: June 23, 2018, 06:33:55 AM »
The Kia is no joke. My girlfriend and I helped buy her parents a Kia Soul and while there I sat in a new Optima. So many features and at a great price. Before getting promoted I was actually going to grab something from Hyundai myself, the new Veloster N.

So update, no wedding stuff as one of the venues we were touring today cancelled.

What color are you getting? Are you going to installed a charging port in your house?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2839 on: June 23, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »
The Kia is no joke. My girlfriend and I helped buy her parents a Kia Soul and while there I sat in a new Optima. So many features and at a great price. Before getting promoted I was actually going to grab something from Hyundai myself, the new Veloster N.

So update, no wedding stuff as one of the venues we were touring today cancelled.

What color are you getting? Are you going to installed a charging port in your house?

Blue (that and white is all that was available).  Charging port - no... not in this house at least.  We're going to be moving within the next 12 months in all likelihood, so we can tolerate an over-night timeframe to charge it - or head to a charging station if need be.  In Canada, the EX version of the PHEV is jacked up... the only thing the Premium provides is the moonroof, air-cooled seats, and a 10-way passenger seat.  Don't need to drop $3k for those three features.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2840 on: June 23, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
Skynyrd was fuckin awesome last night.  My gf and I got VIP tickets after the show started on stubhub for a cheap price.  We went to the bar in the VIP lounge and ran into my brother's best friend's parents who have season VIP tickets for the venue (I know this because the friend has hooked me up with the tickets before) and he gave me his four VIP tickets and private parking spot pass for tonights Poison show (I already won lawn tickets).   I can't get a single person to come with me though, I guess I will have a VIP row to myself  :lol  Actually may try to give them away, like hey free upgrade to a lucky couple or something.  And probably just give away my lawn tickets if possible as well before the show starts.  Going to get there early for Pop Evil at 7  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2841 on: June 23, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
Going solo eh?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2842 on: June 23, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
No one I know likes going to concerts, let alone likes the music I like.  Well not totally, there's a couple, but pretty much if my GF isn't coming with me, I'm solo.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2843 on: June 23, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »
No one I know likes going to concerts, let alone likes the music I like.  Well not totally, there's a couple, but pretty much if my GF isn't coming with me, I'm solo.

I did many concerts solo back in the day.

Marc, just saw your Gimme Three Steps from last night. Showed up on my feed. ;D

I love Ricky Medlocke and was a huge Blackfoot fan way back when.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2844 on: June 23, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
Tim.  Feed?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2845 on: June 23, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »
Tim.  Feed?

YouTube feed. Get out of the dark ages old man. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2846 on: June 23, 2018, 07:39:29 PM »
Ah.  I gave him as well.  For a second I thought you broke down on other media.  Lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2847 on: June 23, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »
No one I know likes going to concerts, let alone likes the music I like.

This is me :lol. Usually my gf will come with me to spend time with me but I don't really force her to do that. I actually have a better time going solo and chatting up people at the venue.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2848 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:05 AM »
No one I know likes going to concerts, let alone likes the music I like.

This is me :lol. Usually my gf will come with me to spend time with me but I don't really force her to do that. I actually have a better time going solo and chatting up people at the venue.

90% of shows I go to I'm flying solo.  Rush was pretty much all that mrs.jingle could tolerate.  I've got one buddy who likes some traditional and classic rock/metal, so if it's a nostalgia band, I've got him.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2849 on: June 24, 2018, 06:03:13 AM »
Chad is so desperate for friends to go with, he flew to Montreal to go with me to Rush.

I have that much allure 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2850 on: June 24, 2018, 06:17:55 AM »
Morning my dudes

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2851 on: June 24, 2018, 06:18:49 AM »
Morning Reap!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2852 on: June 24, 2018, 06:25:33 AM »
What's good KIng?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2853 on: June 24, 2018, 06:28:05 AM »
Leaving at 10am with the wifey and heading to Portland ME to hit 3 breweries.   We'll bring a few cases home.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2854 on: June 24, 2018, 06:32:43 AM »
Nice :tup. I have nothing planned except seeing Jurassic Park later. Probably going to pick up some games on Steam and check them out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2855 on: June 24, 2018, 06:33:26 AM »
We want to see the new Incredibles movie.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2856 on: June 24, 2018, 06:33:46 AM »
What breweries are you hitting?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2857 on: June 24, 2018, 06:35:26 AM »
Battery Steel
Goodfire Brewing
Austin Street

And maybe Bissell Brothers if we have time.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2858 on: June 24, 2018, 06:36:33 AM »
Once it cools down here I'll do more brewery stops. It's way to fucking hot to be drinking outside.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2859 on: June 24, 2018, 06:38:38 AM »
I hate humidity.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2860 on: June 24, 2018, 06:40:12 AM »
Yea I know, I never thought I'd live in a place hotter than Florida but here I am. I took the dog out for a walk this morning and it already felt like it was 95.

Yet I'm going to order a black car this afternoon so clearly I'm the dumb one.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2861 on: June 24, 2018, 06:44:20 AM »

95 next Saturday up here so I'll be joining you soon. 1 1/2 and I'm buying a truck.  Brand new. I can't wait.  I just don't want 2 car payments.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2862 on: June 24, 2018, 06:48:44 AM »
Chad is so desperate for friends to go with, he flew to Montreal to go with me to Rush.

I have that much allure

And drove to Gettysburg!

We want to see the new Incredibles movie.

jingle.son and I are heading out tonight for that.  We just re-watched the original last night.  Fantastic movie.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2863 on: June 24, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »
That's one kid movie we never saw.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2864 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:08 AM »
Tim, I bet your family would love it. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2865 on: June 24, 2018, 06:57:45 AM »
King what are you getting?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2866 on: June 24, 2018, 06:58:46 AM »
Not sure.  You have to see what these breweries have left. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2867 on: June 24, 2018, 07:03:52 AM »
Oh I meant truck

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2868 on: June 24, 2018, 07:05:42 AM »

Well at this point, my kids wouldn't be interested.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2869 on: June 24, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »
Oh I meant truck

Toyota Tacoma.

Well at this point, my kids wouldn't be interested.

Tim, I still love watching the 1st film.  It works for grownups as well.