Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235415 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2765 on: June 19, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
Jay, don't get me started.  I have this conversation with my kids - except my oldest, who gets it - almost weekly.

If you want a paycheck, you do what you need to do to get it.   I was 42, with three degrees, and the job I was offered required me to be in Erie, PA.  Problem is, I lived in Philadelphia, PA.  So for a year, I drove up to Erie Sunday night, and drove back Friday night EVERY WEEK.  Away from my daughter, away from my family, away from my friends.   I did what I had to do.    I have zero empathy for Mr. Goatee, Asperger's or not. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2766 on: June 19, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
Also, I do need him more than he needs me, but I am willing to stand my ground and keep with the ovetime flowing. I won't hire someone just because I need them. That's what my old supervisor used to do, and it hurt us more than it would to just give out some overtime for another week and look for someone else.

Yea, I'd rather be generous with the people who are there and loyal, who want the OT (because that shows some drive) before rushing to hire someone just to fill a gap.  Hopefully management agrees with you there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2767 on: June 19, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »
Well I get to fire a kid for trying to steal Wal Mart property from the DC today. Fun times.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2768 on: June 19, 2018, 05:07:18 PM »
Well I get to fire a kid for trying to steal Wal Mart property from the DC today. Fun times.

Sounds deserving though, unless the guy was a good worker and it sucks to find out he wasn't as good as expected.

My 1am work maintenance got cancelled, so just got to do this minor job at 8pm then I can head out.  Was expecting a 20 hour work day so this is nice.

Also good news for me is I won tickets to see Poison, Cheap Trick, and Pop Evil on Saturday  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2769 on: June 19, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »
Good worker but dirt poor.  He fucked up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2770 on: June 19, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »

Also good news for me is I won tickets to see Poison,

Sounds like you lost!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2771 on: June 19, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »

Sounds like you lost!

Nah, I was never really into them, but they opened for Def Leppard last year and was very impressed with them.  They *almost* stole the show actually.  I wasn't going to go to this concert unless I could get a super cheap ticket (whcih is possible, it's not selling well) but free is better than super cheap.  Also Ive never seen cheap trick and pop evil is a newer band that may be worth checking out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2772 on: June 19, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »

Sounds like you lost!

Oh Tim. :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2773 on: June 19, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2774 on: June 19, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
Tim has his metal blinders on.  Lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2775 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
I'd go just for Cheap Trick.    The setlist they've been trotting out on this tour is pretty decent; not headliner, but extended from an opening slot.  A little variety, the expected hits... the only downside is that they INSIST on playing "I'm Waiting For The Man" with Tom Petersson on vocals.   I don't mind his singing, but that song just drags the whole thing down.  They should play "I Know What I Want" if they need to give Tom his moment in the sun. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2776 on: June 19, 2018, 08:34:06 PM »
Tim has his metal blinders on.  Lol

:lol

Yeah, that's me!  :lol

I'm so bad. How did I end up like this? When did it happen? I used to be a pop culture expert. Now I don't watch TV, go to the movies.....

Joe, 98.5 today on Zo and Bertrand were taking calls on binge watching suggestions. I was totally lost, like WTF are they talking about. I literally haven't watched a plotted TV show since House followed the first few seasons of American Idol.

I'm so critical about TV. Nothing is believeable. Everything comes accross so cheesy and fake. Like in every scene, no one would ever say that in real life. Is it even possible to have a TV show that is not about a doctor, lawyer, or policeman? Like who fucking cares??

Oh, and my apologies to Podaar. I fucking hate golf and all it stands for, and I was probably being a dick. He pointed that out to me. :lol

OK, ramble over.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2777 on: June 19, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Evening guys. Parents in law are leaving tomorrow thank fucking god, it's been a long few days.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2778 on: June 19, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »
Lol. Tim. You had a greater cause. Raising children.   A higher calling.

Still, you sound old you bastard! :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2779 on: June 20, 2018, 05:37:25 AM »
I'd suggest Netflix for Tim if he wants really good TV Series', but I'm not prepared for "What's Netflix?"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2780 on: June 20, 2018, 06:09:29 AM »
Isn’t that where you order DVDs and they mail them, and then after you watch the, you have to mail them back?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2781 on: June 20, 2018, 06:10:37 AM »
Don't forget to rewind the DVDs first.

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2782 on: June 20, 2018, 06:11:36 AM »
Oh shit. I always forget to do that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2783 on: June 20, 2018, 06:20:09 AM »
Isn’t that where you order DVDs and they mail them, and then after you watch the, you have to mail them back?

In the 90's yes.  That's how I got hooked on the TV show "24".  Now you stream everything.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2784 on: June 20, 2018, 07:25:29 AM »
I'm so critical about TV. Nothing is believeable. Everything comes accross so cheesy and fake. Like in every scene, no one would ever say that in real life. Is it even possible to have a TV show that is not about a doctor, lawyer, or policeman? Like who fucking cares??

I can't say I'm100% in agreement with all of TAC's rant (though close enough for government work) but this one really struck home.  My wife and I will be watching a show and we'll pause it sometimes four or five times to say "Wha?   How did they leap from A to C like that?  What about...".   I swear, I can imagine those douche-y Hollywood script-writers in a room somewhere thinking "Ah, fuck them, they're too stupid to follow this anyway, who cares?  As long as Eddie Sibrian looks hot they won't give a shit." 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2785 on: June 20, 2018, 07:32:32 AM »
I'm the opposite.  I watch TV to get away from reality.  No reality TV for this guy.  I can overlook some storylines because I just need to escape.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2786 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:10 AM »
Well, I stay away from reality TV too.  All those desperate people just looking for 15 minutes of fame... it's embarrassing.   Except for the Food Network.  I love that, partly because of the camaraderie and friendship you see; I recall one episode of Guy's Grocery Games, and in the finals was this young guy and this older - over 65 - chef.   The young guy was finishing up and the older guy was clearly struggling and the young guy plated, and went over and said "Chef, I'm all yours, what do you need me to do?"    The old guy ended up winning, and he in turn gave all the money to the young guy's charity, a cancer fund (he lost his little daughter to cancer at like 10 years old).    Not a dry eye in the house.   

Contrast that with Jersey Shore; I walked into the bedroom while my wife was watching that, and it was "BLEEP" for the entire time it took me to walk across the room (about 30 feet).  Ridiculous.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2787 on: June 20, 2018, 07:47:35 AM »
For loving GGG, I suspect you're dead to lonestar now, Bill.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2788 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:15 AM »
Contrast that with Jersey Shore; I walked into the bedroom while my wife was watching that, and it was "BLEEP" for the entire time it took me to walk across the room (about 30 feet).  Ridiculous.

I'm pretty much with you guys on reality TV.  I kind of think it makes you more dumb by watching it  :lol BUT I have been watching this season of Jersey Shore and I find it really dumb, but also I laugh my ass off.  Either way, the girl who is getting engaged to the Situation next week is a good family friend.  That's really the reason why I am watching it.  I expect to be invited to their wedding.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2789 on: June 20, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »

When and if I ever meet him, I'm going to make sure I pull a Portnoy, and wear a "Guy Fieri" shirt.   :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2790 on: June 20, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »

I'm pretty much with you guys on reality TV.  I kind of think it makes you more dumb by watching it  :lol BUT I have been watching this season of Jersey Shore and I find it really dumb, but also I laugh my ass off.  Either way, the girl who is getting engaged to the Situation next week is a good family friend.  That's really the reason why I am watching it.  I expect to be invited to their wedding.

Really?   Have you ever met him?  I can't stand him on JS, but he was at least sort of entertaining on "America's Worst Cooks - Celebrity Edition", even if I had to say "they're stretching it with 'Celebrity'" before every episode. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2791 on: June 20, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »

Really?   Have you ever met him?  I can't stand him on JS, but he was at least sort of entertaining on "America's Worst Cooks - Celebrity Edition", even if I had to say "they're stretching it with 'Celebrity'" before every episode.

I met him once, before he was on the JS and known.  He dated Lauren back then, they broke up, he went on the show was a deuche and then got clean and back together with Lauren.  I have only seen Lauren a couple times in the last bunch of years, our parents are still best friends though.  But when I met Mike, our family's spent the weekend in the Poconos during Christmas break and Lauren brought him for the weekend where we all boozed and chilled in a rental house.  It was a good time that weekend.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2792 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:54 AM »

When and if I ever meet him, I'm going to make sure I pull a Portnoy, and wear a "Guy Fieri" shirt.   :)

:rollin :rollin  :clap:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2793 on: June 20, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
So you're telling my I need a Fieri shirt for Oct Chad? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2794 on: June 20, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
So you're telling my I need a Fieri shirt for Oct Chad? :lol

No, I'm telling you that we should buy 7 of them for us all to troll him.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2795 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
Somebody needs to meet him at the airport with a "Welcome to Flavortown" sign :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2796 on: June 20, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »
So...

The kid came in today. Told me he was going to shave for the job.

Started filling out paperwork. Got to the point where I needed to verify his guard license...

AND he doesn't have one.

Back to square one..
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2797 on: June 20, 2018, 07:28:07 PM »
Somebody needs to meet him at the airport with a "Welcome to Flavortown" sign :lol

Challenge accepted!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2798 on: June 20, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »
 :lol

Jay, I had a guy come in for an interview who told me he needed a month to "get clean".

If you're looking for a job maybe you should stop smoking weed earlier?

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2799 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
That'd make too much sense King.

Just got my new PC case and it's amazing, I've had my old case for at least 6 years and it was time to back to full tower. I picked up the Corsa

Actually I should just go post in the PC thread lol.