Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233389 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2730 on: June 09, 2018, 05:12:51 AM »
Hey jingle.

I think it's a long weekend here. Balls.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2731 on: June 09, 2018, 05:24:45 AM »
Hey jingle.

So... how is that different from any three consecutive days in BVD-land?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2732 on: June 09, 2018, 05:27:01 AM »
Hey jingle.

Having everyone else home from work messes up my important weekday schedule. Basically we all have a shit time when my dad is home.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2733 on: June 09, 2018, 05:30:04 AM »
Hey jingle.

Having everyone else home from work messes up my important weekday schedule. Basically we all have a shit time when my dad is home.

And yet, you still live there.  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2734 on: June 09, 2018, 06:29:35 AM »
Hey jingle.

And yet, you still live there.  :lol

I don't have any option there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2735 on: June 09, 2018, 07:13:13 AM »
Morning chumps.  We just got our new fridge & refrigerator delivered.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2736 on: June 09, 2018, 07:17:57 AM »

What is the difference between a fridge and a refrigerator? :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2737 on: June 09, 2018, 07:42:30 AM »
 :facepalm:

Stove and fridge.   Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2738 on: June 09, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
Blame the phone again, amirite?  :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2739 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »
I had food on the brain?

Yeah, I'll go with that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2740 on: June 09, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »
*cues the Tony Atlas laugh*

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2741 on: June 09, 2018, 08:47:58 AM »

And this afternoon you'll be getting your stove and oven?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: June 09, 2018, 09:13:34 AM »
No those were delivered as well!🤣

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2743 on: June 09, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »
Happy weekend everyone.  Plans??

Just going to try and chill the fuck out myself. 

No plans really. Drywall service was done at my house this morning, the crew did a phenomenal job. I'm going to spray the lawn for bugs later then I have to head into work at 830pm.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2744 on: June 09, 2018, 10:03:13 AM »
830pm on a Saturday night?! DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2745 on: June 09, 2018, 12:04:33 PM »
yea we are doing server patching and deploying a new feature to our content management system. It's when the investment bank is least busy.

I don't mind because now that I'm moved to hourly I get at 15% premium for shift diff, then that amount gets taken and I get time and a half for OT.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2746 on: June 09, 2018, 02:34:20 PM »
That is sick to get the differential plus OT

I've been scouring livenation and stubhub all afternoon for tickets for the Imagine Dragons concert near me.  Not really into them, but my gf likes them and figure they are an actual live band so it would I'd be cool seeing them for a decent price.  They've been releasing a ticket here and there every once in awhile as I've been refreshing and then it's a race to see if you can actually buy it.  Finally worked out where they released a row of the cheaper seats (but with a great view, my preferred seats for this venue) so I am pretty happy.  Got both our tickets for less than the combined price of two lawn tickets on the current second hand market.  :yarr

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2747 on: June 09, 2018, 02:44:19 PM »
That's awesome Cram. The show is tonight isn't it?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2748 on: June 09, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »
Yup just got back, sooo many kids there. So different than Slayer last Saturday  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2749 on: June 09, 2018, 09:28:16 PM »
Lol, well I’m hoping you had a good time.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2750 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56:38 AM »
Morning guys. Had a late night last night, banker ended up calling me because he thinks he lost an hour of work. Long story short, I was able to recover it and the precious cost of my sleep.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: June 13, 2018, 07:27:15 AM »
Wow that sucks, how long did it take to recover it?  More than an hour for the banker to just do it again?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2752 on: June 13, 2018, 07:39:34 AM »
Yea it would’ve been longer for him to re do the work. It took longer because the issue he had we’ve seen with our windows 10 rollout however we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue to test it. I used his machine to do some testing and I think I solved the problem, have to bring it up at our next meeting.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2753 on: June 13, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Journey and Def Leppard tonight  :yarr  Journey hits the stage at 7pm.  Going to be a fun night starting early, but I'm glad Journey is opening tonight (they've been rotating).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2754 on: June 13, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »
Journey and Def Leppard tonight  :yarr  Journey hits the stage at 7pm.  Going to be a fun night starting early, but I'm glad Journey is opening tonight (they've been rotating).

Definitely. You can beat the traffic out.. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2755 on: June 13, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »

Definitely. You can beat the traffic out.. ;D

boooo  :lol actually never seen Journey before and I'm sure its not the same with the singer but I am pretty excited to check them out.  But I am a bigger Def Leppard fan even though this will be the 4th time seeing them.  Also most reviews of this tour say you'd rather Def Leppard close, apparently theyve had the bigger fan base and the better set/reaction.  I could go again on Friday for the reversal  :\

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »
Evening my dudes.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2757 on: June 14, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
My good friend saw this in Hartford a week or so ago, I believe Def Leppard opened, and said it was amazing.   He's kind of a Steve Perry disciple, so I think he was approached Anal with a little skepticism, but said it was good. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2758 on: June 14, 2018, 09:01:34 AM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2759 on: June 14, 2018, 09:04:55 AM »
Good Morning.

I just tried to log into my email with my DTF credentials and vice versa.

I need coffee.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2760 on: June 15, 2018, 02:21:27 PM »
Didn't have any plans tonight so fuck it, I'll go see Journey and Def Leppard again, some tickets were released today that are good value.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2761 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »
In laws just came into town for a week which means the ac is going to get cranked up.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2762 on: June 19, 2018, 02:27:58 PM »
So...

I have been pretty short staffed at work for like a month now. My boss is going to shit his pants when he sees the amount of overtime that is going out this pay period.

With that said... I interviewed 2 people today to fill the 2 empty spots. One of them was incredibly sharp. Arrived early to his interview (I wont even bring up the fact that he overslept and no showed to a scheduled interview last week...)  I am hiring him, will fill out paperwork on Friday and start training. Cool guy.

The other, is younger and is obviously only here because his dad is pushing him. When he first came by and brought a resume, his dad came with him. I let him know what shifts I was hiring for, and he told me he didn't want them (graves).   At the bottom of his resume, is a long thing going on about how he has Aspergers and what Aspergers is.

I know what Aspergers is. I have good friends with it. Not an issue.

Well I ran into his dad yesterday, and he asked why I never called his son back. I told him that I had been meaning to, and asked if he could relay the message for him to come by sometime this week to fill out an application and have a quick chat one on one. He came by today, chit chatted, yadda yadda. He seems up for the shifts I have open. Going to have him come by tomorrow to fill out more paperwork and to get him officially hired on.  As he was leaving, I mentioned a few things about our uniforms. I then brought up shaving, as it is company policy to come into work clean shaven, as he had some scruff... (I disagree with it, but not my place).

"I am not willing to do that."

Really? All of this, and you're going to turn down an easy entry level job, that is literally a block from your house, because you refuse to shave?

All I told him was it is a requirement, and to think it over before coming in tomorrow. We can discuss it then.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2763 on: June 19, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
Isn't it amazing what people will let hold them back?  Does seem like you need him more than he needs you though, don't let him get that impression or he will feel that way once hired.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2764 on: June 19, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
I shaved and cut my hair (it was longish and blonde) for my first job. Most Security companies around here won't hire you with facial hair. At least the reputable ones won't.

I also worked graves. My first company had me working a combination of graves and swings. In 3 different locations. Hell, even when I got hired on here where I am, I was stuck working Full Time graves, even after being promised that I wouldn't. Why? Because I wanted and needed the job.

Also, I do need him more than he needs me, but I am willing to stand my ground and keep with the ovetime flowing. I won't hire someone just because I need them. That's what my old supervisor used to do, and it hurt us more than it would to just give out some overtime for another week and look for someone else.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"