Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235327 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2660 on: June 03, 2018, 04:55:22 AM »
Giggity.

Morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2661 on: June 03, 2018, 05:44:14 AM »
Morning king.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2662 on: June 03, 2018, 05:57:29 AM »
What's up good sir?!

My nephew turns 6 today.  Going to the beach for pizza and arcade games then for ice cream.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2663 on: June 03, 2018, 06:13:26 AM »
So, jingle.daughter got t-boned yesterday.  Thankfully at a 4-way stop intersection, so it was a slow speeds - though the SUV that hit her ran the sign (though he claims he didn't).  She's not hurt (maybe some whiplash), but the car that hit her was a Ford Explorer with big-assed tires/suspension, and a cable winch on the front bumper - which ended up ripping the the driver side doors open like a can opener.  And naturally, the damage to the Explorer was nothing but a bent license plate, and some red paint smudged on to the winch.   :facepalm:

The other driver was very apologetic and did admit fault, so thankfully he wasn't a dick and try to put fault on a 17 year old (inexperienced) driver.  The dude literally lives on the corner of the intersection, so how he could've had such a brain lapse to drift through the intersection boggles me.  I suspect he just rolled right out of his driveway, didn't notice (or look very hard), and went right thru the intersection.   >:(

Police report filed; insurance claim started.  Don't really need this shit.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2664 on: June 03, 2018, 06:15:04 AM »
Damn, glad she's OK. That's scary.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2665 on: June 03, 2018, 06:15:49 AM »
Damn Chad! Drivers side hit!!!!

I'm so happy she's ok.  Man, a parents nightmare.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2666 on: June 03, 2018, 06:21:02 AM »
Yeah, she was super freaked out about it.  Fortunately, we only live a couple of minutes from where it happened (she was simply coming home from work), so we got there right away to help her through everything and deal with the big shit (ie, going to the police station for the report), and help her through the whole trauma of it.  She's still in bed right now, but we'll see what the day brings.  Mrs.jingle is already obsessing over it (not in a freaked out way, just that she didn't sleep all night - thinking about how it could've been much worse).  The collision was hard enough to knock her glasses off, but didn't deploy any airbags.  The damage is much worse than it should be - thanks to the guy having the high suspension and tire winch. 

I hope the insurance company doesn't value the car too low (it's 7 years old) and write it off - that's the last thing I need - to have to fully replace it.  I don't think replacing two doors and the rear bumper would be more than the value of the vehicle, but ya never know.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2667 on: June 03, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »
That sucks jingle, but I'm glad your daughter is ok.

What's up good sir?!

My nephew turns 6 today.  Going to the beach for pizza and arcade games then for ice cream.

.....but what about the cake?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2668 on: June 03, 2018, 06:27:07 AM »
Glad your kid is okay and I hope not too many after the fact injuries surface.

I don't think replacing two doors and the rear bumper would be more than the value of the vehicle, but ya never know.

It's the labor that will kill your car. The insurance company will likely total the car and pay you out.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2669 on: June 03, 2018, 06:28:07 AM »
My nephew doesn't like cake.

But ice cream? I think his blood is ice cream lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2670 on: June 03, 2018, 06:35:09 AM »
My nephew doesn't like cake.

But ice cream? I think his blood is ice cream lol

What kind of kid doesn't like cake?!

I think your blood is probably ice cream too. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2671 on: June 03, 2018, 06:38:24 AM »
 :lol

I know.  I told my brother and sister in law to get him into a psychologist right away.

Btw, in 6 months I've had ice cream maybe 10 times.  I've go to lose weight.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: June 03, 2018, 06:52:17 AM »
:lol

I know.  I told my brother and sister in law to get him into a psychologist right away.

Btw, in 6 months I've had ice cream maybe 10 times.  I've go to lose weight.

I had ice cream a couple of hours ago. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2673 on: June 03, 2018, 06:59:12 AM »
I will today!

6 years old. Man time flies.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: June 03, 2018, 07:02:42 AM »
Glad your kid is okay and I hope not too many after the fact injuries surface.

I don't think replacing two doors and the rear bumper would be more than the value of the vehicle, but ya never know.

It's the labor that will kill your car. The insurance company will likely total the car and pay you out.

Not what I wanted to hear.  At.  All.  When I was a kid, I did some really serious damage to my mother's car.  At first they were gonna write it off, but then the shop re-adjusted their estimate to make it worth repairing.  The book value on this car is around $8-10k CAD, so like I said, the cost to buy and install two new doors (and paint) better not be that much.

I do NOT want to go car shopping.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: June 03, 2018, 07:37:36 AM »
I'll be shocked if they don't total it, but I've been wrong before. Best of luck.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2676 on: June 03, 2018, 08:12:47 AM »
I'll be shocked if they don't total it, but I've been wrong before. Best of luck.

You're not helping.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2677 on: June 03, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »
Damn that looks pretty nasty but glad to hear it looks worse than it was and your daughter is safe.

Last nights Slayer concert was insane.  Sucks we had to leave before they finished though cause my friend shat his pants and needed to throw up  :lol  I guess that happens when we booze for like 9 hours

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2678 on: June 03, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
Late to the party, here, but...

King, I hope you're doing well.   

Jingle, I hope your daughter is okay.   As a father of a daughter and stepdaughter that both drive, that's my nightmare (though I will tell you; the proximity of the stop sign to his house probably breeds a little indifference.  I havre a stop sign about 500 yards from my house, and I watch the locals breeze through it on the regular.   The local police have taken to sitting there and they pull people over like flies.  Someone (not me) must have complained.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2679 on: June 03, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
Oh wow, jingle, I'm glad she's okay. Could've been way worse. I wonder how low the insurance company will write it... since I work with car insurance companies on a daily basis I have to stop myself from ranting   :lol The labor will be a bitch but who knows how they'll write it, depends on your company and (if it's not totaled) how much the shop is going to fight what they write. It's a pricey industry, auto repair, and the insurance companies will skip sooo much stuff that actually needs to be fixed...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2680 on: June 03, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
Afternoon guys. Jingle I’m super sorry to hear that but I’m glad it wasn’t anything more serious.

So dudes. I got engaged today.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2681 on: June 03, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
 :metal :metal congrats Reaper!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2682 on: June 03, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »
Late to the party, here, but...

King, I hope you're doing well.   

Jingle, I hope your daughter is okay.   As a father of a daughter and stepdaughter that both drive, that's my nightmare (though I will tell you; the proximity of the stop sign to his house probably breeds a little indifference.  I havre a stop sign about 500 yards from my house, and I watch the locals breeze through it on the regular.   The local police have taken to sitting there and they pull people over like flies.  Someone (not me) must have complained.

I hear ya Bill.  I live on a corner lot (of a crescent and a straight thru street ... so a 'T' intersection).  There's a 1-way stop sign right beside our house and it might as well be a yield.  I've NEVER seen anyone come to a full stop.  Our driveway is about 60 feet past this intersection, and I wish I had a nickel for every time I've nearly backed in to someone zipping around the corner, or nearly been clipped by someone who has to slam on their brakes.

You're probably spot on Bill... dude's driveway is about 40 feet from the intersection - I'll bet he makes it a rolling stop (at best) most of the time, and here was one time he completely gapped out and we're the "beneficiaries" of his carelessness.

At least he did admit fault.  Could've been very easy to blame it on jingle.daughter - who I know 100% did not cause this.  She has ALWAYS been overly cautious at stop signs - so much I would constantly comment "you can go now"... "you don't have to be so tentative".  Guess she had it right to be cautious.

@ Reaper... fuckin eh!  Congratulations dude.  Do tell the story.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2683 on: June 03, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »

Speaking of car wrecks...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2684 on: June 03, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »

You'v finally done it. You maniac.

You blew it up.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: June 03, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »
Alright Reap! Congrats!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2686 on: June 03, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
Congrats Reap!

Settled in on the couch for a couple hours of Xbox after cooking dinner for the family tonight.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2687 on: June 03, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »
Back to work tomorrow. No more PTO for me until august :(

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2688 on: June 04, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »
Good Morning peeps.

2 People out sick yesterday / last night. Someone also quit on me. I've been at work since 4 AM, and this probably won't be the end of it. I foresee a shit ton of Overtime in my near future.

*Snip*

Holy shit. That sounds similar to my first second accident. Me in a tiny Chevy Aveo. Other car was a Dodge Minivan which blew a stop sign. Aveo was totaled. Van had a tiny dent.

I am so sorry Congrats man!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2689 on: June 04, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
Afternoon guys. Jingle I’m super sorry to hear that but I’m glad it wasn’t anything more serious.

Nice. Did you do it at Pandora - The World of Avatar?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: June 04, 2018, 11:35:46 AM »

Annnnd now we all know Brian's plans.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2691 on: June 04, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »

Annnnd now we all know Brian's plans.

My plan was to do it last November with Alan Tudyk (V's favorite actor) during a VIP photo op at a Comic-Con, but the fucker had to cancel his appearance. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2692 on: June 04, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
oh shit so you've been waiting to do it all this time?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: June 04, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
What's plan B?

TBD?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2694 on: June 04, 2018, 01:56:14 PM »
 :lol Yeah, basically. Neither of us are in any real rush, I just thought that would have been fun. We're taking a trip to Ireland in October. I might do it then.

I was hoping for something like this (just not with the Doctor)