Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237258 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2520 on: May 13, 2018, 06:09:29 AM »
Good morning guys

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2521 on: May 13, 2018, 06:15:45 AM »
Howdy.  Happy Mother's day to all of the mom's and wives of DTF'rs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2522 on: May 13, 2018, 06:20:07 AM »
Morning. Last day in Boston. We drank copious amounts of whiskey at the Last Hurrah last night so we’re feeling a bit delicate this morning. It’s been a great trip but I’m looking forward to getting home tonight!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2523 on: May 13, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »
That's brutal, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2524 on: May 13, 2018, 07:08:52 AM »
Morning. Last day in Boston. We drank copious amounts of whiskey at the Last Hurrah last night so we’re feeling a bit delicate this morning. It’s been a great trip but I’m looking forward to getting home tonight!

You devil. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the DTF'ers and their significant others.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2525 on: May 13, 2018, 07:40:30 AM »

Shoot. Not sure we could've made it up anyway. I work 9-5 on Saturdays, but we spent an entire Saturday up there two weeks ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2526 on: May 14, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
So starting my car this morning for the first time in 2 weeks and no good.  Looks like my battery died.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: May 14, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
So starting my car this morning for the first time in 2 weeks and no good.  Looks like my battery died.

Wow... that sucks - and you have a shit battery.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2528 on: May 14, 2018, 08:35:42 AM »
I had to change me battery a few months ago.  It did last 10 years though.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2529 on: May 14, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »

Shoot. Not sure we could've made it up anyway. I work 9-5 on Saturdays, but we spent an entire Saturday up there two weeks ago.

Sorry, Tim. I thought you knew we were going to be in town. It would have been fun to have you join us on Friday night. Maybe next time?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2530 on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »

Wow... that sucks - and you have a shit battery.

Yup, confirmed.  Battery is dead, failed a test pretty badly.  Acid leaked and corroded the connectors as well as the long screw that holds the battery in place.  All needed replacing.  My history shows that I actually never replaced this battery and a couple times had the acid leak cleaned and sealed lol  Oh well, I guess you can't keep band aiding forever and eventually enough is enough. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2531 on: May 15, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »
Holy Pollen Batman!!  It looks like it's snowing this morning with how much pollen build up is blowing around in the wind. My contacts are collecting pollen like a pool filter.....it's brutal!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2532 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:18 AM »
It's been bad up here as well.  I'm going Friday to get tested on what I'm allergic to.  75 pin pricks on my arms. Fun times

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2533 on: May 15, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »
I have a black car, and I have yellow streams down the side from the pollen.  Looks almost like flames.   My daughter and step son are both in agony just about.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2534 on: May 15, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »
Raining here... but yeah, yellow buds on the ground/road all over the place.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2535 on: May 16, 2018, 03:54:27 AM »
A gigantic \m/ raised up for Ronnie James Dio, who passed away already 8 years ago today.

Long live rock n' roll, long live Ronnie  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2536 on: May 18, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
Sooo close to the weekend I can taste it.  Probably leaving work in an hour to go into NYC for the Sons of Apollo concert, then I'll be at the GF's tomorrow and going to the Misfits concert and back to her place, then dinner with all my siblings and SO's for my sisters bday Sunday... a day of rest on Monday, then vacation begins on Tuesday in Florida (although vacation kind of begins in an hour)  Will be back at work in 13 days  :yarr

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2537 on: May 18, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
I'm passing on seeing them in Boston.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2538 on: May 18, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »

I don't have much better options for how to spend my friday evening.  But I've honestly been starting to like the album more and more and I think the show in MP's home is going to be a pretty good one. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2539 on: May 18, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
I get that. Idn,  it just doesn't connect with me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2540 on: May 18, 2018, 02:41:23 PM »
Yea understood.  It's not going to be for everyone and I wasn't really digging it (besides Son of God) when it first came out.  I still think it's lacking something, but the core of what they are is kind of something I am into, a more metal sound with that party rock vibe and a prog twist.  Just wish the guys didn't come out swinging at DT and even DTF when this whole thing started.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2541 on: May 18, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »
Long weekend here baby!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2542 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »

I think I'm going to head up to the Palladium in Worcester to see them. It's 60 miles away, and to see Bumble and Billy it's worth it for that.   Plus, I haven't soured on Mike's drumming, so 120 minutes of that can't be bad, and finally, I heard the Queen portion of the show is worth the price of admission.  It's a $25 ticket, so I figure I can't go too far wrong. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: May 18, 2018, 05:10:08 PM »
Yea, the cover material will be cool to see since I'm a VH/Queen/DT fan.  Just the musicianship is worthy IMO, but I totally understand why someone isn't into the band.  I won't try to convince someone, I'm even on the border.  But like I said, I could chill home and play video games or maybe hang with the GF (She had plans but I could have joined) but seeing some really good musicians rock out is a bit more interesting for me.  Plus I am looking to get more videos for my youtube.  Which I wont be able to do at the concert tomorrow night...

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2544 on: May 18, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »
Evening guys

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2545 on: May 19, 2018, 04:53:11 AM »
'Evening Reap..... 8 hours late.  Saw your post last night, but was just on my way to bed, so I thought it'd be rude to respond, and then fuck off for the night.   :lol

You put that ring on your woman's finger yet?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2546 on: May 19, 2018, 05:11:24 AM »
Hey jingle.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2547 on: May 19, 2018, 05:27:21 AM »
Morning chumps.   It's coffee time.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2548 on: May 19, 2018, 05:32:57 AM »
Hey king! What's up?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2549 on: May 19, 2018, 05:48:18 AM »
Morning Blob! We were going to see Deadpool 2 & Super Troopers 2 at a drive in tonight but it's going to rain all night.  So it's just Deadpool at a theater today.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2550 on: May 19, 2018, 05:59:53 AM »
King did I mention I saw Back to the Future and Weird Science back to back at the cinema a couple of weeks ago? :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2551 on: May 19, 2018, 06:05:00 AM »
No! BTTF was on cable last night.  Must have been fun to see them in a theater again.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2552 on: May 19, 2018, 06:06:59 AM »
No! BTTF was on cable last night.  Must have been fun to see them in a theater again.

Again? Some of us aren't old enough to have seen them the first time around, bud! :lol First time I'd seen either one at the cinema. I enjoy Weird Science more every time I see it. So fucking random.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2553 on: May 19, 2018, 06:10:08 AM »
Sorry.  Old fogey moment.  I was tripping on pop rocks and a gallon of Coke.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2554 on: May 19, 2018, 06:15:47 AM »
Got any other plans for the weekend besides movie?