Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237200 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2485 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:34 AM »
Nadda. I'm just getting ready for the last day at the music festival we are at.

Which poor nerd did you take home with last night?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2486 on: May 06, 2018, 07:45:32 AM »
My wife.  She's stuck for a ride home so...
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2487 on: May 06, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
Afternoon folks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2488 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
Hey.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2489 on: May 06, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »
What's good blob?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2490 on: May 06, 2018, 10:02:29 AM »
Not much. Done some more drawing, and started yet another new project out of boredom. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2491 on: May 06, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »

:lol

Steven Wilson was pretty awesome last night.  I don't think listening to his setlist on spotify did any justification for how cool his performance was.  The first few songs from the second set really blew me away.  Some pretty cool trippy music with videos in front and behind him.   :metal  Also met up with Jackie at the show and rocked out together for the second set.  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2492 on: May 06, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
Need pics.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2493 on: May 06, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »

:lol

Steven Wilson was pretty awesome last night.  I don't think listening to his setlist on spotify did any justification for how cool his performance was.  The first few songs from the second set really blew me away.  Some pretty cool trippy music with videos in front and behind him.   :metal  Also met up with Jackie at the show and rocked out together for the second set.  :metal

Awesome, glad you enjoyed the show :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2494 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:33 AM »
And monday morning has got me good.  I am drained from the weekend.  Primus and Mastadon at Red Rocks was a lot of fun last night, but today my body is saying it's had enough  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2495 on: May 07, 2018, 10:21:52 AM »
What'd you think of Primus?

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2496 on: May 07, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »

Optimus Primus?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2497 on: May 07, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »

Cool band, not really my music per say, but fun to see and very unique with that sick bass playing.  Definitely good vibes at the show.  I had a 60 year old man ask me if I wanted shrooms or LSD.   :lol  Every gust of wind brought some nice smells though :hat

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2498 on: May 07, 2018, 12:11:17 PM »
What about Mastodon?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2499 on: May 07, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
I've seen Primus 6 times.  They are a blast live.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2500 on: May 07, 2018, 01:58:53 PM »
What about Mastodon?

Honestly they sounded terrible.  Not the music, but their sound.  For a place with good acoustics, this was upsetting.  Sounded like my friends band playing in a garage.  I could hardly get into it just because I could hardly hear it well.  It was also really low in volume, I chilled in the back for the first half of their set (I had just gotten there and was taking pictures of the view) and could hardly even hear the band.  When I got to my proper seat much closer, they sounded a bit better and it had then gotten dark so I feel like I was finally just starting to get into it when their set ended.  I feel like I should like them, but I can't really say they blew me away or did anything to make me want to buy an album.

I've seen Primus 6 times.  They are a blast live.

Yea, they are a good live band.  Good crowd for them too.  Concert was sold out.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2501 on: May 11, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »
Meetup tonight! Greg (Podaar) and his wife and the Queen and I are dining in Boston tonight! :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2502 on: May 11, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »
Meetup tonight! Greg (Podaar) and his wife and the Queen and I are dining in Boston tonight! :metal

Lucky mofo's. 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2503 on: May 11, 2018, 08:41:27 AM »
Cool restaurant I've never been to.  Food and beverages look dynamite.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2504 on: May 11, 2018, 08:45:09 AM »
Nice, sounds fun

Going home today, I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with my cat tonight.  Ive hardly been able to sleep in this hotel the last two weeks.  Just got to survive the morning and early afternoon at work, which has been a rough early start so far.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2505 on: May 11, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
Nice, sounds fun

Going home today, I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with my cat tonight.  Ive hardly been able to sleep in this hotel the last two weeks.  Just got to survive the morning and early afternoon at work, which has been a rough early start so far.

I hate that.  Even though we loved going away for 4 days nothing beats laying in your own bed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2506 on: May 11, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »
For some reason, maybe it's the altitude, whenever I come out to Denver my whole mouth/nose gets super dry.  (it's not cotton mouth  :lol) and I have bloody noses in the middle of the night and chapped lips.  It's just kind of annoying and makes it difficult to sleep.  But literally as soon as I get back home, it goes away and I am immediately comfortable.  I really cant wait for that feeling tonight.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2507 on: May 11, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »
For some reason, maybe it's the altitude, whenever I come out to Denver my whole mouth/nose gets super dry.  (it's not cotton mouth  :lol) and I have bloody noses in the middle of the night and chapped lips.  It's just kind of annoying and makes it difficult to sleep.  But literally as soon as I get back home, it goes away and I am immediately comfortable.  I really cant wait for that feeling tonight.

It's dry air, which causes the blood vessels in the nostrils to move closer to the surface of the skin/tissue.   I get the same (bloody noses) during the winter, when the air is drier, or summer, when I'm inside a lot of air conditioned buildings.  A humidifier will help or using a q-tip to apply a very small amount of Vaseline inside your nostril overnight.  You don't want to use too much, since it will be uncomfortable and block your nose.  But a small, thin amount helps to moisturize your nostril. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2508 on: May 11, 2018, 09:50:33 AM »
That makes sense, my coworker gets the same issue and advised drinking a cup of hot water before bed.  I never tried that simple trick.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2509 on: May 11, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
I never had bloody noses or anything, but definitely had trouble sleeping when I went to Denver for the Great American Beer Fest a few years ago. Would finally fall asleep at two or three in the morning and get maybe two or three hours of good sleep before tossing and turning for a bit and giving up. Considering I was then spending all day drinking I was absolutely run down by the end of that trip. Still a great time though.
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2510 on: May 11, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
Going home today, I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with my cat

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2511 on: May 11, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
Seems like every problem builds up at work so everything breaks on Friday afternoon. We now are on another production call.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2512 on: May 11, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
And that's why we do change free fridays. Get your work done during the rest of the week so others aren't stuck late on Friday or the weekend to try to fix your mistake.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2513 on: May 11, 2018, 06:27:06 PM »
Our problems are stemming from a recent update we did, we ended up just pushing too much on one release so it's now all coming back to bite us in the ass.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: May 12, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
First mowing of the lawn today. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2515 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »
jinlge.son did that on Thursday.  Had jingle.mom over for dinner last night ... combo Mother's Day and her birthday (Thursday).  Two birds with one stone.  My mother is a medium-sized narcissist, but last night's visit was (other than one minor issue) mostly pleasant.  jingle.daughter got to avoid most of it, as she was working until 7:30, so she was pleased about that.

Funeral this afternoon.   :'(  Grandson of mrs.jingle's closest friend/colleague (we refer to him as her work-husband - they talk at least once a day) was killed in a car accident last weekend - one day before he turned 20.  So tragic and sad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: May 12, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
Too damn young.  So sad.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2517 on: May 12, 2018, 09:59:54 AM »
Damn.  :sad:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2518 on: May 12, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »

I've already been mowing the yard and it hasn't been so bad, now that the temp has hit 92 today I'm not looking forward to doing the yard.

I'm really sorry to hear that Jingle, 20 is so young.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2519 on: May 12, 2018, 08:23:46 PM »

I've already been mowing the yard and it hasn't been so bad, now that the temp has hit 92 today I'm not looking forward to doing the yard.

I'm really sorry to hear that Jingle, 20 is so young.

Thanks... it was a tough one.  First time I've been to a funeral for someone so young.  I can't think of anything worse in this world than having to bury your own child.  Many tears were shed.