Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235312 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2135 on: April 05, 2018, 06:15:39 AM »
the last 3 months I've already been an adjustment and lost 33 pounds just think it was a little too late

WOW!

That's awesome!!

It wasn't "too little too late". It could've been "just in time".

Thinking of you, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2136 on: April 05, 2018, 06:16:28 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. everybody around me is all worried and woe is me but I want to tackle this head on.

I'm not worried. Like Magic Johnson, stay positive.  :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2137 on: April 05, 2018, 06:19:26 AM »
How dare you use an L A man to Inspire a Boston man. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2138 on: April 05, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. everybody around me is all worried and woe is me but I want to tackle this head on.

I'm not worried. Like Magic Johnson, stay positive.  :biggrin:

Joe doesn't have AIDS, man! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2139 on: April 05, 2018, 06:41:27 AM »

:yarr that's the right attitude and good work on the weight loss

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2140 on: April 05, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
Joe

You're a tough sonofabitch. You got dis.

Good morning guys.

Jay how is your payroll handled now? Is it on paper or is it done electronically?

Electronically.

At the end of the pay period, I get a print out of all of my guys' time sheets and have to verify that everything is correct. Once I've made changes and sign off, I send them back to my payroll manager (who is one of the sweetest girls in the world) and she processes it.

The problem is... a lot of the time cards are so screwed up, so I have to manually figure out what people worked (overtime and what not) and manually write out the cards. And then Payroll manager has to manually input those into the system. That's where the pain starts.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2141 on: April 05, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
And I'm home. Feels good.  Alright, on to the next step.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2142 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
And I'm home. Feels good.  Alright, on to the next step.

Im assuming by next step you mean which IPA to drink?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2143 on: April 05, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
Nope. I'm having sliced tomatoes,  cucumbers with Mrs. Dash the no salt version

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2144 on: April 05, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »
Joe

You're a tough sonofabitch. You got dis.

Good morning guys.

Jay how is your payroll handled now? Is it on paper or is it done electronically?

Electronically.

At the end of the pay period, I get a print out of all of my guys' time sheets and have to verify that everything is correct. Once I've made changes and sign off, I send them back to my payroll manager (who is one of the sweetest girls in the world) and she processes it.

The problem is... a lot of the time cards are so screwed up, so I have to manually figure out what people worked (overtime and what not) and manually write out the cards. And then Payroll manager has to manually input those into the system. That's where the pain starts.

You should create an incentive  to handing in a perfect time card. I used to do that, free dinner or something similar.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2145 on: April 06, 2018, 07:21:05 AM »
Finally it's Friday. 

Going to blob tonight, but tomorrow going to start my initial car shopping with the gf and do a costco trip before we pregame and head out to the sold out Bon Jovi concert.  :yarr 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2146 on: April 06, 2018, 07:31:47 AM »
Finally it's Friday. 

Going to blob tonight, but tomorrow going to start my initial car shopping with the gf and do a costco trip before we pregame and head out to the sold out Bon Jovi concert.  :yarr

If that Costco sells liquor, you should buy a bottle of Elijah Craig Whiskey and drink it prior to seeing Jovi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2147 on: April 06, 2018, 07:41:50 AM »
Finally it's Friday. 

If that Costco sells liquor, you should buy a bottle of Elijah Craig Whiskey and drink it prior to seeing Jovi.

It does! That's why we are making this trip (my local Costco doesn't).  My parents sent me a costco gift card too for Easter for some reason (I'm not complaining) so I plan to put it towards booze, but I am not a whiskey drinker.  I may actually get it for my coworker though cause he LOVES that whiskey.  I am probably just getting a Kirkland Vodka which is quality stuff for super cheap.  Make myself a cocktail for the train ride to the concert.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2148 on: April 06, 2018, 08:14:21 AM »
I need help, and quick!!  Buddy of mine is a bourbon guy, and he's taking me to a whisky tasting tonight.  It's his birthday as well.  I was thinking of surprising him with a bottle of bourbon as a trip for the road.   What's good?  What's a good price range?   Initial thought was $50; is that reasonable/unreasonable?  High?  Low? 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2149 on: April 06, 2018, 08:39:15 AM »
No clue Stads.  A) I'm not a bourbon drinker; B) CAD
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2150 on: April 06, 2018, 09:16:04 AM »
I need help, and quick!!  Buddy of mine is a bourbon guy, and he's taking me to a whisky tasting tonight.  It's his birthday as well.  I was thinking of surprising him with a bottle of bourbon as a trip for the road.   What's good?  What's a good price range?   Initial thought was $50; is that reasonable/unreasonable?  High?  Low?

My best friend is a bourbon drinker. He LOVES Woodford Reserve. I think it's a pretty good bourbon that is affordable. He swears by it.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2151 on: April 06, 2018, 10:20:36 AM »
%^&#^&$%*$&*$%^&#%&@%*(#^*#^&@#$%^@#%$^@$%^&#%^*#$^&*#%^@#%$^@%^

So at my work I have 1 other full time person that is regularly at my location. Sure, I see part time people when we have funerals, and have other funeral directors over from time to time, but usually it's just me and this other person. I enjoy working with her for the most part, get along well and all that, but every once in awhile she has a habit of just not showing up. Doesn't call, doesn't text, just doesn't show up. Sometimes she'll end up coming in at 10am, noon, 1pm, whatever, or just the next day. I usually call and get no response. Then I get, oh, sorry this came up or that, which is fine, BUT FUCKING COMMUNICATE THAT YOU WON'T BE THERE. I plan my day around having someone to help with phones if I need to go out (like I did today) and being up front for people if I'm in the back etc. So. Fucking. Annoying.

/rant
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: April 06, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
Not annoying.  Not fucking professional and the owner should do something about that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:14:22 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2153 on: April 06, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »

So at my work I have 1 other full time person that is regularly at my location. Sure, I see part time people when we have funerals, and have other funeral directors over from time to time, but usually it's just me and this other person. I enjoy working with her for the most part, get along well and all that, but every once in awhile she has a habit of just not showing up. Doesn't call, doesn't text, just doesn't show up. Sometimes she'll end up coming in at 10am, noon, 1pm, whatever, or just the next day. I usually call and get no response. Then I get, oh, sorry this came up or that, which is fine, BUT FUCKING COMMUNICATE THAT YOU WON'T BE THERE. I plan my day around having someone to help with phones if I need to go out (like I did today) and being up front for people if I'm in the back etc. So. Fucking. Annoying.

/rant

That's 100% non-excusable in today's society.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2154 on: April 06, 2018, 11:23:29 AM »
Yea, seems she gets away with it and has no desire to change since you've noticed it happens enough.  Someone needs to tell her how unprofessional that is.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: April 06, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »

/rant

That's 100% non-excusable in today's society.

It may be un-excusable but it certainly fits in line with the temperature of society today. I'm going to do what I want, when I want, how I want no matter what consequences it has on anyone else.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2156 on: April 07, 2018, 06:28:21 AM »
Slow morning 'round here.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2157 on: April 07, 2018, 06:29:29 AM »
I'm just getting up. Tonight I have some blobbing to do. My gf is going to a concert I'm staying at home.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2158 on: April 07, 2018, 06:30:24 AM »
I'm just getting up. Tonight I have some blobbing to do. My gf is going to a concert I'm staying at home.

I am Blob and I approve of this message.

I'll be going to bed early tonight. Trying to shift my schedule so that waking up for 9am on Monday isn't going to kill me. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2159 on: April 07, 2018, 06:30:54 AM »
What's Monday at 9 blob?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2160 on: April 07, 2018, 06:35:50 AM »
What's Monday at 9 blob?

Watching the Wrestlemania stream live with my family. We do it every year now.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2161 on: April 07, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
What's Monday at 9 blob?

Why punish yourself twice on a Monday morning?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2162 on: April 07, 2018, 06:44:49 AM »
What's Monday at 9 blob?

Why punish yourself twice on a Monday morning?

:lol It's like Christmas morning; even if your gifts are all total shit, you can cling on to the anticipation beforehand. :neverusethis:

That, plus the alternative is that we'd have to wait until my brother gets home from work at 8:30pm, and who's going to watch a 5-6 hour event starting at that time? :|

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2163 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:12 AM »
What's Monday at 9 blob?

The whole family Blobing Monday morning?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2164 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:58 AM »
Oh shit I forgot it's this Sunday. I'll have to get a free trial going and watch.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2165 on: April 07, 2018, 06:47:18 AM »
Morning King, how are you feeling?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2166 on: April 07, 2018, 06:50:08 AM »
Feeling Good! Medication is working. Working on a no salt diet.   I see my primary doctor next week and the week after I get a stress test.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2167 on: April 07, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
Oh shit I forgot it's this Sunday. I'll have to get a free trial going and watch.

OMG WE CAN WATCH IT AT THE SAME TIME AND BITCH ABOUT IT TOGETHER

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2168 on: April 07, 2018, 07:04:08 AM »
Bitching Blob.   That's a pay-per-view in itself.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: April 07, 2018, 07:07:35 AM »
Bitching Blob.   That's a pay-per-view in itself.

You can only sell it as a per-per-view when it's a rare and special event, not when it's the standard. :lol