Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233370 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2100 on: April 03, 2018, 05:35:26 AM »
Imagine if you Tarantino'd it. :lol

I've only seen one Tarantino movie, and that was over 15 years ago, so I wouldn't be much use on that. :lol

Next up should be the JJ Abrams version, and I'll just lens flare the hell out of it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2101 on: April 03, 2018, 05:37:57 AM »
 :lol

Lots of gore and MF'ing Blob.

I laughed pretty hard with your description  "lens flare the hell out of it".
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2102 on: April 03, 2018, 05:53:56 AM »

That's technical speak. Probably too technical for you. :blob:

Also, that much gore and swearing would not be very Youtube friendly.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2103 on: April 03, 2018, 05:56:30 AM »

That's technical speak. Probably too technical for you. :blob:

Also, that much gore and swearing would not be very Youtube friendly.

Are you telling me they don't swear in Sci-fi why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking...nerfherder!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: April 03, 2018, 06:04:21 AM »
Are you telling me they don't swear in Sci-fi why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking...nerfherder!

I find that offensive.

Star Wars isn't scifi, you petaq!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2105 on: April 03, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »
 :rollin

*Runs to Klingon wiki to find a retort*

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2106 on: April 03, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »
Good Morning folks.

Just spent an our on the phone with my Health Insurance company. This is my second month with actually insurance from them... my payment was due on 4/2. I went online and set up a payment for 4/1.

The payment I set up processed on 4/2. It also auto pulled a payment on 4/2. So I was billed 2x. I call them up.. get transferred 4x, and finally wind up speaking with someone who can help me. I had 2 options: Either apply the second payment as a credit to next month (due 5/2), or request a refund. Refunds take 30 days. I WOULDN'T BE GETTING THE REFUND UNTIL AFTER MY NEXT PAYMENT IS DUE.

Shame on me for trying to pay my bill early. This was also the first month in a while were I didn't ADHD and forget a bill.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2107 on: April 03, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
I fucking hate that.  It's like some of these people don't have real lives.   How would they feel if they - against their will - had to double pay THEIR bills?  I'm guessing they'd be "screaming bloody murder!"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: April 04, 2018, 04:45:59 AM »
Morning. Stayed overnight in the hospital because I ended up having blood clots in my lungs. Got treatment hopefully they let me go home today. lucky I got my ass in the hospital.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2109 on: April 04, 2018, 04:49:33 AM »
Wow King that's terrible. I'm glad you got to the hospital and are hopefully ok! When did you go in?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2110 on: April 04, 2018, 05:20:03 AM »
Last night. I knew my breathing wasn't right and lucky for me I got in on time. I'm on blood thinners now.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2111 on: April 04, 2018, 06:32:03 AM »
Last night. I knew my breathing wasn't right and lucky for me I got in on time. I'm on blood thinners now.

When I went to the hospital with them, I initially thought I was having a heart attack. I never felt pain in my chest like that before.

I ended up having one of these put in the main artery in my leg. If I ever have another one, this device will stop it from reaching my heart/lungs/brain.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: April 04, 2018, 07:02:45 AM »
Get well soon King, that's scary but good thing you knew something was up.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2113 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:07 AM »
Holy crap, glad you went in when you did Joe.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:57 AM »
Thanks everyone.   I think from now on I will have to get monitored by my primary because it's now symptomatic but I've had blood clots in my lungs twice.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2115 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:53 AM »
Thanks everyone.   I think from now on I will have to get monitored by my primary because it's now symptomatic but I've had blood clots in my lungs twice.

If this has happened more than once, I would highly recommend asking a nurse/doctor there about the filter I posted above. It could save your life one day.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2116 on: April 04, 2018, 07:46:07 AM »
The still on The Middle of checking my heart I just had an echocardiogram.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2117 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
Thinking about you.  Good luck. 

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2118 on: April 04, 2018, 08:41:20 AM »
Thinking about you.  Good luck.

Yeah Joe....you're in the prayers of the Miller household!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2119 on: April 04, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
 I was just told that if the echocardiogram is good, I will be sent home. I'll be on blood thinners for 3 once and for the rest of my life I'll have to be monitored for blood clots.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2120 on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
I was just told that if the echocardiogram is good, I will be sent home. I'll be on blood thinners for 3 once and for the rest of my life I'll have to be monitored for blood clots.

What kind of blood thinners did they put you on? I had to do self injections in my stomach for 3 months and then take a thinner orally for the following 9. I went for follow up ultrasounds every other week for a year as well.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2121 on: April 04, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
No more needles. They have me on Eliquis. It's just a pill.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: April 04, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »
Joe accepts that he's not 22 anymore.  He accepts that he has to play shorter sets these days.   But he never plays anything less than his best.  That's why if there's something better than Warfarin, he's going for it.  He takes Eliquis.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ABoE/eliquis-bringing-my-best

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2123 on: April 04, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
Damnit Joe.  DON'T DIE ON US.

So I made the mistake today of scheduling 2 interviews, on the same day Payroll is due. Also... the janitor crew decided that it was time to come in and clean my office as I was interviewing person #1. So that's cool.

Payroll is normally a 2 hour thing, but these last few pay periods have been insane, as the higher ups implemented some changes that the payroll program doesn't like. So until it is resolved, most of my employee's timesheets are coming out waaaaay wrong. It's not even anything the guys are doing. The program is just stuck on stupid. So I have to spend 3x the time I'd normal spend manually correcting most people's shifts before sending it off to the payroll manager to manually input it. It's not fun.

I'm taking 10 minutes to eat and dick around on the web before my second interview comes in. Well, not eat.. except for a protein shake, as I found after heating up my cheap cup o noodles, we are out of plastic forks.

:JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2124 on: April 05, 2018, 04:53:46 AM »
Good morning guys.

Jay how is your payroll handled now? Is it on paper or is it done electronically?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2125 on: April 05, 2018, 05:10:56 AM »
Morning.  Today. I go for a walk. If my oxygen level is ok, I can go home.  If the level is high, then I may need a stint.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2126 on: April 05, 2018, 05:32:00 AM »
Morning

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2127 on: April 05, 2018, 05:38:58 AM »
Morning.  Today. I go for a walk. If my oxygen level is ok, I can go home.  If the level is high, then I may need a stint.

Good luck, Joe.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2128 on: April 05, 2018, 05:40:20 AM »
What King needs is a visit from me.  :-*

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: April 05, 2018, 05:41:17 AM »
Thanks Tim. Just be positive if the oxygen is good and I go home I'm still working on bettering myself which I've been doing the last few months and if I need a stent, will get it done get myself back up and kick ass.

Hey John. Just hoping to get my ass home. By the way I find out my basement flooded because the power went out last night. The hits keep coming. LOL

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2130 on: April 05, 2018, 05:42:04 AM »
This will all pass and before you know it we'll be meeting up for a concert. Time to make some adjustments, my friend.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2131 on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:16 AM »
 the last 3 months I've already been an adjustment and lost 33 pounds just think it was a little too late

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2132 on: April 05, 2018, 05:50:32 AM »
the last 3 months I've already been an adjustment and lost 33 pounds just think it was a little too late

Holy crap man.. that's awesome.  Stick with it for sure.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2133 on: April 05, 2018, 05:52:22 AM »
It's never too late. You'll bounce back from this. My father had a quadruple bypass 12 years ago, lung cancer (half of his lung was removed) five years ago, and he's still going strong. You'll be alright and even better than before.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2134 on: April 05, 2018, 06:11:11 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. everybody around me is all worried and woe is me but I want to tackle this head on.