Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237000 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2030 on: April 01, 2018, 06:00:57 AM »
Hey Gregg... I picked up a PS4 controller for the first time in months, and am trying to get re-acquainted with D2.  Still only on the second level, in Karnaca.  Not sure why I'm doing this to myself, since NHL Playoffs are starting in 10 days or so - and that's going to take up most of my free time.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2031 on: April 01, 2018, 06:03:54 AM »
You know the answer Chad.  Get your playoff toque ready.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2032 on: April 01, 2018, 06:04:29 AM »
I like the sand box feel of that second level. So many ways to get around and to do shit. All of the levels are great but, few are as big and open as that one.

There is loot tucked everywhere in that level too. Makes it difficult if you're going for 100%

BTW, are you playing as Emily or Corvo?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2033 on: April 01, 2018, 06:14:31 AM »
Easter!?!?  EASTER!?!?!  It's April Fool's Day!

Well, today they're one and the same  ;D (yeah, I'm a bad person)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2034 on: April 01, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »
I like the sand box feel of that second level. So many ways to get around and to do shit. All of the levels are great but, few are as big and open as that one.

There is loot tucked everywhere in that level too. Makes it difficult if you're going for 100%

BTW, are you playing as Emily or Corvo?

Emily.

No way I'll get 100%... I don't have the patience for that shit.  I already did shit on escaping Dunwall - iirc, I don't think I got anything.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2035 on: April 01, 2018, 06:36:58 AM »
Good, Emily has all the new and interesting powers. Make sure you spend time practicing with "far reach" it has a kind of sling shot effect that is really cool but hard to get right.

Yeah, the escape from Dunwall is pretty difficult the way I play. Stealth, 100% loot, as close to non-lethal as I can get without restarting.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2036 on: April 01, 2018, 06:42:48 AM »
Good morning guys! Happy Easter and April Fools day.

Went out last night and saw Joe Rogan & Tony Hinchcliff, great show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2037 on: April 01, 2018, 06:47:30 AM »

What do they do?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2038 on: April 01, 2018, 06:50:58 AM »
Stand up comics

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2039 on: April 01, 2018, 06:53:29 AM »

What do they do?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2040 on: April 01, 2018, 07:12:38 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: April 01, 2018, 07:21:06 AM »
Tim, you never heard of Joe Rogan?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2042 on: April 01, 2018, 07:25:14 AM »
I've heard of Joe Rogan, but not the other.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2043 on: April 01, 2018, 07:27:35 AM »
Tim, you never heard of Joe Rogan?

Not that I know of? Should I have?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2044 on: April 01, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
 he was one of the two comedians that took over the man show after both guys left. And then he did the TV show Fear Factor.  He was also on News Radio.  He also was a commentator on UFC fights before when mainstream

You also what's a stand-up comic that made it in the Boston area in the late 90s.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2045 on: April 01, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »
He was the host of Fear Factor? Oh OK, I know who he is then. I didn't realize he was a comedian, too.

That show sucked BTW. It started out as a cool premise, but as time went by, it started to blow.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2046 on: April 01, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »
Yeah I was never a fan of that show. I liked him on  News Radio and his stand-up is pretty bold

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2047 on: April 01, 2018, 08:17:57 AM »
I know who Joe Rogan is, but let's not kid:  he's not George Carlin or Richard Pryor. I don't think it's at all a shocking thing to say "who's Joe Rogan".   

By the way, anyone notice the bottle of Siracha sauce in the new logo?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2048 on: April 01, 2018, 08:21:12 AM »
You don't have to be one of the greats to be well-known.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2049 on: April 01, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »
No kidding
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2050 on: April 01, 2018, 08:32:15 AM »
He was the host of Fear Factor? Oh OK, I know who he is then. I didn't realize he was a comedian, too.

That show sucked BTW. It started out as a cool premise, but as time went by, it started to blow.

I went to a casting call for that show. Got grouped with 4 other guys and a gorgeous blonde who was wearing just enough clothing to not be considered naked. Needless to say the male casting Rep. who was interviewing our group never took his eyes off her and basically interviewed her the entire time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2051 on: April 01, 2018, 09:00:04 AM »
You don't have to be one of the greats to be well-known.

Oh, of course not.  I'm not even saying that Joe Rogan isn't one of the greats (well, he's not but he's pretty good).  I'm really just saying that it's not a stretch that someone hasn't heard of him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2052 on: April 01, 2018, 09:14:35 AM »
This is more about Tim.  This site is his only source of information. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: April 01, 2018, 09:21:10 AM »
No kidding

HEF!!!  I'd say I missed you, but I 'see' you all the time on FB.  But it's good to 'see' you here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2054 on: April 01, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

:rollin

You have a point there!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2055 on: April 01, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
No kidding

HEF!!!  I'd say I missed you, but I 'see' you all the time on FB.  But it's good to 'see' you here.
Good to be seen, brother!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2056 on: April 01, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
HRH Hefdaddy.  :hefdaddy

:rollin

You have a point there!

I know. :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2057 on: April 01, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »
he was one of the two comedians that took over the man show after both guys left. And then he did the TV show Fear Factor.  He was also on News Radio.  He also was a commentator on UFC fights before when mainstream

You also what's a stand-up comic that made it in the Boston area in the late 90s.

Don't forget he has one of the most listened to podcasts.

He was good, not as good as Bill Burr but still funny. I had never seen Tony Hinchcliffe but he was fucking hilarious .

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2058 on: April 01, 2018, 04:09:52 PM »
 I've never listened to Joe's podcast. But boy do I love Bill Burr's podcast.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2059 on: April 01, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Yup the Monday Morning podcast and the Just Before Friday Thursday Afternoon Monday Morning podcast.

Check out Joe's podcasts if you're ever bored. The ones with the conspiracy theorists are usually the funniest.

If you really want a great jumping off point listen to Joe Rogan podcast where he has Tom Delonge (ex blink-182 member) on, Tom Delonge has lost his goddamn mind.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2060 on: April 01, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
I've got jury duty tomorrow, first time ever being summoned.  I don't need to be there till 10am and it's much closer than work, so this doesn't seem like a bad option for a day.  Just finished doing a basic clean of the house and now time for a cocktail and relax for my sunday evening where I don't need to get up early.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: April 01, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »
I was sequestered as a juror and just before the case started to get bumped up to a federal case. Found out it was three murders for Chinese gang.

Sometimes I think I dodged a bullet there, literally.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2062 on: April 01, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
 :lol this is for the county and just for a day and if I serve, then 2 more days I think.  So no murders or anything super serious.  If I am selected, I really do hope for something juicy to at least keep me interested.  I could totally see myself dosing off if it's a lot of being bored.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2063 on: April 01, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »
It was some scary s*** man. LOL  I was actually interested in the case.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2064 on: April 01, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »
I got called for state grand jury duty a couple years ago. Got out of it because it would have been once a week for a few months and since I don't drive it would have meant a bus ride, a long train ride, and a cab ride every week each way to/from the courthouse. It did get me basically a half day off on what would have been a busy day at the office though :D
Photobucket sucks.