Author Topic: RIP John Dunsworth  (Read 968 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
RIP John Dunsworth
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
John Dunsworth died today. Not much detail given only that it was unexpected after a brief illness.

I am unabashedly a huge fan of the Trailer Park Boys, and he was a huge reason. Even if you're not a fan of the show...his was easily among the best acting protrayals of a "drunk", in the history of acting. Especially considering he never drank.

RIP Mr. Lahey...I'll have a drinky poo in your honor. The shit will never be the same without you.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: RIP John Dunsworth
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:09:43 PM »
No...damn.  That sucks.  I was going to see the Randy and Lahey Never Cry Shitwolf show on tour.  RIP, not only to John, but to the show as well.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »
Yeah...the shows been building a ramp to jump the shark the last couple of seasons.  But honestly I don't know how they can continue the series when the primary antagonist since the show began is gone.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:40 AM »
One of the best shows of all time!

Thank you Mr Lahey

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:23:58 AM »
Big TPB fan here, I even saw him live with the Boys last year at one of their Xmas shows. Damn, what a shame to see such a great actor go :( RIP
Yeah...the shows been building a ramp to jump the shark the last couple of seasons.  But honestly I don't know how they can continue the series when the primary antagonist since the show began is gone.
The latest season was a massive improvement over the previous Netflix seasons IMO (despite J-Roc's absence), but I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming one ends up being the last.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 06:11:21 AM »
This news saddened me. I can't get on Youtube at work, but search for "John Dunsworth Get Yourself a Hobby" (I think that's the title). You won't be disappointed.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
I would wager to guess that the show will end after this season.  It's hard to imagine it continuing without Mr Lahey, it just wouldn't be the same.

I've enjoyed these new seasons from netflix since they brought the show back a few years ago, but I really don't think they've ever come close to matching the first six seasons.  When I want to watch the show, the episodes from the first six seasons are what I gravitate towards.  Thats prime TPB!!

And I would really place Mr Lahey as one of the greatest television characters in the history of tv.  And his portrayal of somebody being drunk, is without question, the best in the history of acting as far as I'm concerned.