Author Topic: Mindhunter - NETFLIX  (Read 6472 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Mindhunter - NETFLIX
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »
One, Hannibal the series is amazing and one of the greatest and most beautiful TV accomplishments .......... simply because of the artistry and the acting of Mikkelson and Dancy and their chemistry.

You and I agree whole heartedly on this series as I recall we had many a conversation about it when it was going on. I don't want to hijack this thread talking about Hannibal but I'll admit I get a bit giddy when I read that there are efforts to pick this series back up and that all involved are game.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 10:20:52 AM »
Yes, we did! And yeah, me too. Definitely not getting my hopes up but...I'm kinda getting my hopes up.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2019, 03:22:05 PM »
Looking forward to it. And I just saw this comment:

Mindhunter is basically what I wanted the Hannibal TV show to be. 

did you not like Hannibal? I thought and still think Hannibal was incredible.....and in my mind Mads Mikkelson IS Hannibal Lectar.....not Anthony Hopkins. That series was awesome and there is rumblings that all involved are chomping at the bit to start it back up.

I liked Hannibal but a lot of it was unbelievable. Making a human Chello?? Some old guy making a 3 story tall human totem on the beach?? Like come on man... It was just so unreal in parts that I found it corny. For those that liked that aspect of the show, more power to you. That being said, parts of it were incredible like the Red Dragon season, so I will absolutely give credit where credit's due.

The TV show is decent, but my worship is for Silence of the lambs and Manhunter. I worship them so much that I was pretty damn close to applying to the FBI because it meant that much too me and it resonated that much. Those are far more grounded and were directly inspired by the real life mindhunter (which is why mindhunter is more my style and ultimately its just personal preference)   

But anyway, Mindhunter feels real, and that's because it is real. The real world is far more fascinating and terrifying to me. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 03:54:59 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 11:12:18 AM »
Watched the first two episodes last night. Didn’t skip a beat. Looks to be another good season.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »
Finished season 2 this morning and I totally agree. didn't miss a beat at all and stands right up there with Season 1. Love it

Online faizoff

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2019, 06:19:45 PM »
4 Episodes of season 2 in and I can't believe how amazing the interviews are edited and constructed. So far not a single one of them is boring or a waste of episode time. Even if they don't lead to anything, it's a joy to watch and listen it unfold.

How I missed this show.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »
...and done. Amazing second season and I had no idea about the Atlanta kids so it was heartbreaking to follow those developments on the show and then reading up on it, they follow very closely with what is known about those events.

Such a great show, honestly, the technical parts of the show are top notch, it's a joy to watch it. The entire series kept me on the toes and the dialogue was great throughout.

I read they have a 5 season plan for the show, just hope Netflix doesn't cancel it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:49:22 AM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Oh man. I would love to see it go 5 seasons  :metal

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:52 AM »
The quality of acting and production is amazing, but I found this season to be completely pointless. The main story was lame, the conclusion wasn't captivating. Very week story this time.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2019, 05:56:02 AM »
Having blown through season 2, I'm now going back watching season 1. Its just as good.

I had totally forgot that they started establishing BTK on episode 2 of season 1 and give little pieces on almost every single episode. I wonder if they will end the series with how his story played out.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2019, 08:26:26 AM »
As much as I like this show I have to agree with this:

The quality of acting and production is amazing, but I found this season to be completely pointless. The main story was lame, the conclusion wasn't captivating. Very week story this time.

Once they shifted the episodes to primarily the Atlanta story line I thought the episodes suffered. The struggle with Tench's wife/kid was compelling....but I didn't really get hooked by the drive to catch the killer of the kids. With this revelation that there is a (5) season 'plan' I'll trust that in the big picture this season will feel more important....but to me....right now....I feel like they lost traction a bit and deviated from their bread and butter which is interviewing serial killers.

With that being said I still enjoyed the season and like the show....but I don't feel like it measured up to S1 and got too smart for itself in S2.

Online faizoff

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2020, 02:07:26 PM »
Looks like the actors are being released from their show contracts. The reason being given is that David Fincher is busy at the moment and not sure when he'll get time to revisit the series anytime soon. Don't know if that means that the show is canceled but it sure looks that way to me. That would be such a bummer if true.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/15/mindhunter-season-3-netflix-cancelled-renewed/

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
Looks like the actors are being released from their show contracts. The reason being given is that David Fincher is busy at the moment and not sure when he'll get time to revisit the series anytime soon. Don't know if that means that the show is canceled but it sure looks that way to me. That would be such a bummer if true.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/15/mindhunter-season-3-netflix-cancelled-renewed/

Yeah....I saw that. Hopefully it's just an extended hiatus and they find a way to continue future seasons with that cast.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
God dammit

Offline Harmony

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 10:15:55 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :tdwn
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:25 PM »
That sucks.  I watched both seasons a few months ago after my wife suggested it and completely fell in love with the show.  Hopefully they come back around to it someday.

Online faizoff

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »
Well... either we're getting an extremely long hiatus or the show is as good as done. My guess is the latter.

David Fincher Confirms the ‘Very Expensive’ Mindhunter Is Done for Now

he said, “It’s a 90-hour workweek. It absorbs everything in your life. When I got done [with season 2], I was pretty exhausted, and I said, ‘I don’t know if I have it in me right now to break season three.’”

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2020, 08:33:24 PM »
It was great while it lasted