Author Topic: Need Blu-ray assistance.  (Read 871 times)

Offline Shooters1221

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Need Blu-ray assistance.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:16:53 AM »
Step aside y'all. I got this :chino:

Could just be different sellers. The more expensive one is the last one that guy has in stock, so he might think someone is willing to pay a premium. However, word of caution. The first link you provided might be mislabeled. When I clicked it, I got a notification at the top of the page that I purchased that on May 2, 2013 for $19.99. Mine is definitely not that combo and it was only a single disc 3D blue-ray. I could be wrong, but I never heard of this version coming out. It's completely possible that I missed it. I haven't really paid attention to any of the new releases seeing as I've bought Avatar 3 times now.

- Blue-ray/DVD combo theatrical edition (no 3D)
- Director's edition with extended theatrical re release and like 10 hours of bonus content (no 3D)
- Theatrical 3D release, single disc (the first one you linked)

Unless you're hell bent on getting the 3D version (completely understandable and worth it), I'd highly recommend this version;

https://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Extended-Collectors-Blu-ray-Worthington/dp/B0044XV3QY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1507724154&sr=1-1&keywords=avatar+directors+edition

I'd recommend buying both if you're a fan of the film. The bonus stuff is excellent. You can even watch the whole movie as it was filmed in the volume.

Offline faizoff

Re: Need Blu-ray assistance.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
What Chino said. I have the one he linked in his post and it's an awesome edition. If you're into bonus material, this set packs in a ton. I don't have the 3D version but I imagine it's quite a treat, I think this is the review of the edition OP linked.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-3D-Blu-ray/26954/#Review

I think amazon has it mislabeled. It's a 2 disc edition with a 3D blu-ray disc along with a DVD. No regular bluray disc. The review explains it in the beginning that it's a re-released version of the single disc 3D bluray. This one just has a DVD along with it.

The difference in prices are due to different sellers and amazon has a weird way of listing the same item sometimes. They just might be the same edition but different country editions,etc..
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan