Author Topic: R.I.P AOL Instant Messenger  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: R.I.P AOL Instant Messenger
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
LOL AOL.  What does that stand for again?   :rollin

Ancient history.  Even the dinosaurs are like...AOL?  :wtf:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »
And is it just me or did every other conversation with a female counterpart turn into a sexual convo?

Well yes and no. They did turn into sexual convos, but every other female counterpart was a dude.

Are you confessing?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
And is it just me or did every other conversation with a female counterpart turn into a sexual convo?

Well yes and no. They did turn into sexual convos, but every other female counterpart was a dude.

I don't know if the ratio was that bad; I used it a little back in the early to mid 90's (when you got the disk in the mail for free; you could build a lolly column out of AOL disks if you wanted to) and there seemed to be a LOT of lonely women, about 26, 27, who were figuring out that the star QB in high school makes for a douchebag of a husband.   Maybe they were guys, but I can't tell you how many conversations ended right in the middle with some form of "gotta go, bye!" because someone walked in the room.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 02:55:35 AM »

LOL. As I learned later on.... :facepalm:
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:09 AM »

I don't know if the ratio was that bad; I used it a little back in the early to mid 90's (when you got the disk in the mail for free; you could build a lolly column out of AOL disks if you wanted to) and there seemed to be a LOT of lonely women, about 26, 27, who were figuring out that the star QB in high school makes for a douchebag of a husband.   Maybe they were guys, but I can't tell you how many conversations ended right in the middle with some form of "gotta go, bye!" because someone walked in the room.

Yeah, that too! It was just surprising to me. One moment you were talking to this cool, hip (forum) chick and the next it was like 'WTF?". Oh well...
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 03:02:26 AM »
I remember it was a random girl on ICQ once starting to talk dirty to me. That opened suddenly a world for me, otherwise I would have kept on to talk with strangers about random stuff never realizing that, as that famous Warcraft-themed song goes, "the internet is for p0rn" (or for dirty stuff anyway)  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!