Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34328 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »
I believe I'm done for the year, so here is what 2018 had in store:

2018-02-03 – Rausch and Echoes at Ardmore Music Hall in Ardmore
2018-02-15 – Eden at Chicago in Allentown
2018-02-22 - Neal Morse (solo) at Sellersville Theater in Sellersville
2018-04-25 - Steven Wilson at Keswick in Glenside
2018-04-28 - Steven Wilson at Playstation Theater in NYC
2018-04-29 - Steven Wilson at Playstation Theater in NYC
2018-05-04 - District 97 and Brand X at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-05 - Cell15, Perfect Beings, Barock Project, and Threshold at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-06 - Valdez, Lines in the Sky, Flor de Loto, Special Providence, and PFM at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-13 - Valdez and 3rDegree at Roxy and Dukes in Dunellen
2018-05-25 – Thank You Scientist, Lor, and Hungry Ghost at Milkboy in Philadelphia
2018-06-02 – MindMaze at Steel Pub in Bethlehem
2018-07-13 – Deafening Opera, Retrospective, Antimatter, Threshold, Riverside, and Big Big Train at Night of the Prog in Lorelei
2018-07-14 – Smalltape, Rikard Sjoblom's Gungfly, Wobbler, Long Distance Calling, Mystery, The Sea Within, and Camel at Night of the Prog in Lorelei
2018-08-04 – Outside the Wall at Riverside in Easton
2018-09-07 – Manimal, Persefone, Bloodbound, Labyrinth, Redemption, and Sons of Apollo at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta
2018-10-05 – Orpheus Nine, In Continuum, and Michael Sadler at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-06 – Enchant and IQ at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-07 – IZZ, Evership, Mystery, at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-11-02 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Underground Arts in Philadelphia
2018-11-03 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Highline Ballroom in NYC
2018-11-04 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at The Sinclair in Boston
2018-11-09 – MindMaze at Game Changer World in Allentown
2018-11-24 - Haken and Leprous at the Bluebird Theater in Denver
2018-11-30 - Steven Wilson at The Fillmore in Philadelphia
2018-12-01 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Bottom Lounge in Chicago
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #526 on: December 06, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »
Flying out early Saturday to LA for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas and holy shit am I excited for this.  They released the set times and every band gets at least 30 minutes and the headliners get 50.  Not bad, I actually thought the early bands might only get 15 so the main bands could get 40, but what I didn't realize is they are using a rotating stage so there is actually no downtime between bands.  So theres 90 minutes of The Interrupters/AFI/Bad Religion in that order and I am not sure how I will survive that  :lol To me, that alone is worth the price of admission.  Nevermind that after that comes Greta Van Fleet who I've been wanting to see for the last year now.  Then comes the bigger rock acts, which may be a let down after the energetic punk bands, but I think 30 Seconds to Mars is going to be a lot of fun and I'm thinking Smashing Pumpkins might do some special stuff, especially since they've performed a few times with the singer of AFI.  Essentially from 5pm to 11pm is going to be straight up live music which is mostly a hit from music I like.  I cannot wait. 

I'm sure no one cares, but I started a twitter chain where everyday this week I share one of my one videos from the five bands I've seen before who are performing Saturday.  Fun to go down memory lane with some of these bands who (such as Bad Religion and Smashing Pumpkins) that I've liked since I was child https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1069744616637902848

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
Chicken and Luke, I think you might enjoy this

The Interrupters - Time Bomb with Tim Armstrong

Probably the only real surprise guest last night and this was awesome!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2018, 09:13:13 AM »

Awesome!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #529 on: December 10, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »
Long review write up, please feel free to scroll past...

So this weekend went by like a flash, just a crazy 20 hours traveling to LA and going to the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show.  The reason I went, besides the awesome line up, was to get my last 3300 miles with United to keep my status so this trip was cheap and enough miles, plus a cool show to do over the weekend without taking time off from work.  The show was two days but day 2 I couldn't even tell you who those bands are  :lol but day 1 was right up my ally.  I snagged a general admission floor ticket the moment they went on sale and the show sold out at the Forum.

Started out with Badflower.  I had never heard of this band before.  They were some sort of rock band, not too heavy, but not soft either.  There was a couple songs that were decent, but I overall didn't really like them very much.  Thought the singer's style was not really my thing, but they are a new band and probably growing.  I recorded their latest single (I think at least, they just released a music video a couple days before the show for it)

Badflower - Heroin

Next up was AJR.  I never heard of them, but my gf had.  She played a couple songs for me and I was not into it.  I knew this would be the band I enjoyed the least going in and my thoughts were confirmed.  I felt they did belong musically, they just weren't rock.  More like drum/bass/keyboards.  They did a cool part of the set where they say "this is how we write a song" and they played some noises and turned it into a beat and then it lead into an actual song which was the one song I really enjoyed with a trumpet.  This band was three brothers though which was cool, but man did they all have really goofy dance moves.  I just felt like the music and dancing didn't mix.  I don't know, I used this time for a bathroom and drink break. 

How AJR writes a song

Speaking of, there were no breaks between bands!  It was a rotating stage so maybe a minute of downtime as the KROQ people would come out and introduce the next band and it would rotated with the band already there and maybe even playing.  I thought this was one of the coolest things.  Next up spinning around the stage were the Interrupters.  For me, this is when the concert got good, and I mean really good.  I didn't know their music but really enjoyed the up tempo ska.  Plus they all were just moving around and having fun on stage.  And apparently this band is also a group of three brothers.  They were clearly loving their opportunity to share such a big stage.  To me, they set the bar for this event.  The crowd was definitely into them and they had the only interesting guest of the night when they brought up Rancid member Tim Armstrong for the final two songs, one of which was a Rancid cover of Time Bomb (shared above).  This was AWESOME!  What was really cool was the guitarist after said KROQ was the reason he played guitar and discovered Rancid.  Holy shit, same with me!  Back when NYC had a KROQ 92.3 they used to play Time Bomb by Rancid when I was little and fell in love with ska and punk music.  Something that you just don't hear on the radio anymore except that one peroid in the 90s.  Was so cool to see the public recognition of this.  I got another song of theirs live:

The Interrupters - A Friend Like Me (and you can watch that stage rotate  :metal  like that has got to me their most epic intro ever or at least one of them)

The punk wave continued next with my favorite band of the line up AFI.  Davey Havok has been one of my favorite singers for a long time and while AFI has changed their sound a lot, I've always enjoyed whatever they released mostly because I love his vocals.  However, I thought Davey might have been my biggest dissapointment.  It seemed like he or his mic had issues.  Kept cutting out, but I'm wondering if it was user error as he used a mic with a cable and kept pushing the limits of that cable.  If I didn't know he was straight edge, I would have thought he was wasted by the way he moved and acted on stage.  Either way, they were super fun and so energetic on stage, the rest of the band sounded tight.  They have a new EP out and I captured the live debut of their new single.

AFI - Get Dark

And the punk rock portion of the show ended with one of the biggest and best in the genre, Bad Religion.  Must say they sound so damn good live.  Just like their albums, so consistent.  Even with changing line ups (their old drummer moved onto play for Avenged Sevenfold, and they've gone through so many guitarists over the years) and this show we got to see Brett Gurewitz perform with them (original guitarist and still contributes to BR but doesn't tour or is active normally with the band).  They live debuted a couple songs, one a holiday song and another an anti-trump one.  Must say I wasn't a huge fan of either, but their set was short and sweet (like the two before them).  They played Los Angeles is Burning which seemed appropriate and I captured a fitting song

Bad Religion - Fuck You

Things changed a bit next.  I was mostly in the back of the floor, and I could see all the punks leaving from the pit sweaty  :lol The punk rock portion truly had ended and what a change it was.  We got the up and coming big band, Greta Van Fleet next!  As the punks moved out, you then saw tons of people move up.  All of the sudden all of the seats in the arena had butts in them.  It seemed like everyone wanted to see GVF.  And they did not upset.  A solid 40 minutes of rock n roll.  I wish they didn't include a drum solo with such a short set, but it felt right given their show.  Classic rock sounding, amazing guitar and sweet bass lines.  The singer's voice just resonated through the arena.  I think they stole the show.  You could feel something you couldn't feel before.  They were AWESOME!  They ended the set with a long jam as well, so cool.  Kind of made me wish DT would just go back to being a raw band like this, nothing extra just perform and jam and have fun with amazing execution.

Greta Van Fleet - Edge of Darkness

Next up could not keep up.  It was Third Eye Blind and while they opened with a hit song, it felt a bit of a downer.  They weren't bad by any means.  It was a good time to go back to the bathroom and grab another drink since it was hard to find time without missing anything.  By the end of their set though, i thought they got the crowd back into it with Semi Charmed Life and there were a lot of really drunk girls near me going crazy  :lol I've never been a huge fan, but they were definitely cool to see again and I was kind of bummed they didn't play Hows It Going to Be.  They were probably the only band who didn't have new music out.  They said they were in the studio in LA so playing this show was a nice break to get out.  They didn't give us a taste of that new music though.  Here was an older track.

Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Drive By

Next up was probably the rowdiest band of the show.  30 Seconds to Mars got the crowd going like no other this evening.  With all the crowd sing a longs, they also must have staged some people in the crowd as people started showing up with huge flags to wave.  Obviously you couldn't just walk in with those so something was set up for that plus the entire concert was live streamed except their set so I wonder if they filmed it for something?  Either way, I'm not a huge fan of their music and I don't like how they don't perform with a full band (only the drummer and keyboardist is on stage). But I can't deny Jared Leto's control of the crowd and getting the girls to go wild.  I noticed even more drunk crazy girls for them than Third Eye Blind.  They also had balloons dropping in the beginning and confetti shooting out at the end.  Defintiely brought everything they had for their set.  I didn't record any full songs, but got plenty of footage of the balls dropping and confetti shooting (which was so much fun, probably the funnest moment of the show)

Me knocking the balloon away from a few girls (:lol sounds dick but this was after I caught about 3 of them for them and they kept letting them go so this time after they took a selfie I knocked it away as a joke and when I realized they were mad I ran away and then felt really bad)
The confetti blowing out right by me  :lol

Finally the headliners were next, The Smashing Pumpkins, and I must say I felt a little bad for them having to come out after all that.  People just immediately left and it seemed after every song the Smashing Pumpkins played that another wave of people left.  This is where I blame the band though, their set list was shit. They played a lot of low energy music, did a few covers that were not impressive and thier special guest, Mike Garson, was not terribly interesting.  It was defintiely cool though and they did have a small choir for another song, but overall their performance was really flat considering the bands before them.  By the time their set ended, the place was mostly empty and kind of was a bummer of a way to end the night.  I couldn't complain though.  I had a total blast and it was 6 straight hours of non stop music from some of my favorite bands and some new bands that I really enjyoyed (The Interrupters and Greta Van Fleet).  Definitely a contender for concert of the year for me  :metal

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas *cramx3 concert experience*

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #530 on: December 11, 2018, 06:03:47 AM »

Awesome!

Yea, that was great! I'd have been skanking my tits off to that. I've just ended up downloading the new Interrupters album, it's gold. She's Kerosene and Gave You Everything are my faves. Cheers for the recommendation dude.

Cram, you need to come check out my top 50 albums thread, I'll be putting plenty of punk in there  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:14 AM »
 :yarr I'll follow, was reading through before but didn't comment to get it on my feed.

I may not be able to attend the Breaking Benjamin concert this Thursday, so looks like I might have two tickets to sell to the sold out show in NJ if anyone potentially here wanted to go. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
I did end up making it to that Breaking Benjamin show, got there just in time and it was sold out and so damn packed, could hardly even enter the venue.  However I followed some people to the side bathroom and managed to get right in my spot before they came on stage so I could be right next to the band.  Got a fist bump from Benjamin and I could also watching him vape and drink coffee before going on stage.  He was clearly annnoyed by the few ladies next to me taking pics with their flash on though.  Anyway, I ended up just chilling in the back and trying to dodge the tall people's heads so this wasn't the greatest concert from a viewing perspective, but I thought they sounded good and the crowd was really into it.  Tons of singing a long and you can see the band enjoying it.  They talked a bunch about loving playing the smaller venue (they headlined the local shed over the summer).  There definitely was a good energy in the building, even I could feel it all the way in the back.  Highlight of the show was probably during the encore they had a bunch of fans on stage including this one little kid who stole the show with his dancing all over the stage :lol

Breaking Benjamin Live @ Sold Out Starland Ballroom NJ

Tonight is Ghost at their arena show to end the NA tour in Brooklyn.  Still trying to figure this one out since it's such a bitch to get there and I haven't bought a ticket, but it didn't sell well at all and there's plenty of options so I'm just waiting for a good deal.  Looking forward to checking them out since Prequell was such a good album.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2018, 09:41:26 AM »
I saw Breaking Benjamin at an acoustic show in Anaheim back in 2017 and I agree, they sounded really great and the crowd was amazing singing along to virtually everything, but especially Breath, I Will Not Bow, and of course, The Diary of Jane.  The smaller House of Blues venue in comparison to the Amphitheater helped a lot when it comes to crowd atmosphere.  I deemed that concert along with two others as close to a perfect concert for me as it can get (the other two was seeing Halestorm in Anaheim last year, and Myles Kennedy this year).  All of them were in smaller venues that is GA (first come, first serve).

I sorta regret not taking advantage of one of those Groupon/Live Nation summer deals where they were doing $20-25 tickets for the far back seats for the local Amphitheater show when Breaking Benjamin came back to Southern California this year.  The thing is that I really do not like Five Finger Death Punch and would not want to give them the pleasure of watching them for over an hour and after the set Breaking Benjamin delivered in 2017, seeing a co-headlining set would pale in comparison. 

The opening bands they had would have made up that shortcomings I had about that tour package.  Bad Wolves look solid and I enjoy them more than their big brother, FFDP.  Nothing More delivered a great album in 2017, The Stories We Tell Ourselves, and I hear good things about their live sets.  Oh well, maybe I might catch Nothing More in their own show in 2019, but I have to work out a couple of things regarding my schedule.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »
After seeing her perform the complete Ingιnue last night on PBS, I wish I had been able to see k.d. Lang's performance in Minneapolis back in May.

My wife is quite a big fan, but yet didn't know she was coming and found out about it a few days after the show.

Sucks, but at least the TV Broadcast last night was a consolation.

That album is quite jazzy. Ben Mink of FM and who appeared on Losing It from Rush was very involved with Ingιnue.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2018, 10:39:58 AM »
I saw Breaking Benjamin at an acoustic show in Anaheim back in 2017 and I agree, they sounded really great and the crowd was amazing singing along to virtually everything, but especially Breath, I Will Not Bow, and of course, The Diary of Jane.  The smaller House of Blues venue in comparison to the Amphitheater helped a lot when it comes to crowd atmosphere.  I deemed that concert along with two others as close to a perfect concert for me as it can get (the other two was seeing Halestorm in Anaheim last year, and Myles Kennedy this year).  All of them were in smaller venues that is GA (first come, first serve).

I sorta regret not taking advantage of one of those Groupon/Live Nation summer deals where they were doing $20-25 tickets for the far back seats for the local Amphitheater show when Breaking Benjamin came back to Southern California this year.  The thing is that I really do not like Five Finger Death Punch and would not want to give them the pleasure of watching them for over an hour and after the set Breaking Benjamin delivered in 2017, seeing a co-headlining set would pale in comparison. 

The opening bands they had would have made up that shortcomings I had about that tour package.  Bad Wolves look solid and I enjoy them more than their big brother, FFDP.  Nothing More delivered a great album in 2017, The Stories We Tell Ourselves, and I hear good things about their live sets.  Oh well, maybe I might catch Nothing More in their own show in 2019, but I have to work out a couple of things regarding my schedule.

That coheadlining tour came to my town over the summer but I missed it because of a business trip, but it seemed they played about the same setlist (swapped two songs) so not sure you would have missed anything between the solo headline or coheadline show.  That acoustic show last year also came to me locally but once again I was on a business trip.  This band had been alluding me for awhile and it was a close call even being able to make it Thursday.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »
Last night was my 39th concert of the year (if I count PPUSA as one), it was a local band that made a pretty awesome ska album Keasbey Nights 20 years ago and they performed the entire thing to a really wild sold out crowd.  I saw Steven Wilson and Breaking Benjamin at this same venue in the last couple weeks and this was blew the roof off those shows in terms of energy in the building.  The entire pit was wild pushing people against the side bars  :lol I forgot what it was like to see Catch 22 locally back in the day, but this brought back tons of memories. 

Streetlight Manifesto Live @ Sold Out Starland Ballroom NJ

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
My final post on 2018 concerts!

39 concerts total - 92 band performances (at least, I may have missed some openers not included in my list but I did actually witness)
8 states
2 countries
1 video for each show! (OK no videos for Misfits since Danzig went after me on youtube)

Below are all my concerts listed with a link to a video from me:

February 18th - Less Than Jake @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
March 3rd - Sabaton, Kreator, and Cyhra @ House of Blues, Boston MA
March 14th - Nightwish @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
April 7th - Bon Jovi @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
April 20th - Kamelot, Delain and Battle Beast @ Irving Plaza, New York NY
April 28th - Sublime w Rome @ Convention Hall, Asbury Park NJ
May 1st - Kamelot, Delain and Battle Beast @ Ogden Theater, Denver CO
May 5th - Steven Wilson @ Ogden Theater, Denver CO
May 6th - Primus and Mastadon @ Red Rocks Amphitheater, Denver CO
May 18th - Sons of Apollo @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
May 19th - Misfits (original line up) @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
June 2nd - Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 9th - Imagine Dragons  @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 13th - Def Leppard and Journey @  Madison Square Garden, New York NY
June 15th - Journey and Def Leppard @  Prudential Center, Newark NJ
June 21st - 30 Seconds to Mars @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 22nd - Lynyrd Skynyrd @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 23rd - Poison, Cheap Trick, and Pop Evil  @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 30th - Foreigner, Whitesnake, and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Eperience @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 7th - Angry Orchards Rock the Roots w Sublime w Rome, Dirty Heads, Lupe Fiasco, Pepper and Matisyahu @ Mount Snow, Dover VT
July 20th - Weezer @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 24th - Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 2nd - Smashing Pumpkins @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 5th - AFI and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ 
August 10th - 311 and Offspring @ Festival Pier, Philadelphia PA
August 14th - Counting Crows and Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 24th - Justin Timberlake @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam Netherlands
September 5-8th ProgPower USA @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 10th - Ozzy Osbourne and Stone Sour @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 13th - Alice in Chains @ Fillmore Auditorium, Denver CO
September 25th - Alestorm and Gloryhammer @ Gramercy Theater, New York NY   
October 6th - IQ, Enchant, & Tom Brislin's Gold Rotation @ ProgStock, Rahway NJ
October 20th - Metallica @ Bryce Jordan Center, University Park PA
November 3rd - Haken and Leprous @ Highline Ballroom, New York City, NY
December 1st - Steven Wilson @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
December 8th - KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas (Smashing Pumpkins, 30 Seconds to Mars, Third Eye Blind, Greta Van Fleet, Bad Religion, AFI, The Interrupters, AJR, Badflower) @ The Forum, Los Angeles CA
December 13th - Breaking Benjamin @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
December 15th - Ghost @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NJ
December 21st - Streetlight Manifesto @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ

Over the holidays I went through and made a video of my top 10 concert moments which is a very different style than my typical videos and I am actually pretty proud of this (it's not perfect and I learned some lessons to fix things I don't like for next time):

Cramx3's Top 10 Concert Moments of 2018

And here are my top 5 concerts:

1. KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas - This was one hell of an experience.  6 hours straight of live music from some of the biggest rock bands of today as well as some new bands.  I finally got to see Greta Van Fleet and they did not dissapoint.  I got to see Tim Armstrong perform a couple songs with the Interrupters.  I was on the floor of a sold out arena and just had an amazing experience here.

2. ProgPower USA - This may have been #1 if you compacted it a bit to make it more comparable to the KROQ show.  There were so many bands I had really wanted to see here but sadly a couple of my top bands dissapointed.  Nocturnal Rites singer was sick so his singing was not very good and Eclipse had technical issues that got their set cut short.  But what makes this concert so damn good is the community there.  Just a great group of people to be around for 4 days enjoying good music.  I got to meet Sons of Apollo, Angra, Nocturnal Rites, Eclipse, and Tarja. 

3. Angry Orchards Rock the Roots - This was mostly all reggae music so not really the style you'd typically see here in DTF, but as with the above two, this was a festival setting with lots of bands I really like.  Kind of hard to compete when you have these stacked festivals.  But the setting, a ski resort in Vermont on a beautiful summer day, is a big reason to have this so high too.  This was just a perfect day.

4. Justin Timberlake - I don't really follow pop and only really know him by name. I did watch his Superbowl half time show and didn't care too much for it.  I went to this concert because it was something to do while on a business trip.  I left with the biggest smile on my face.  Maybe because I just didn't realize how good his backing band was (The Tennessee Kids) but they really made what I thought would just be a pop show come to life with some great live music.   I didn't go out and buy an album or anything, but I felt 110% entertained every second of this show, between the dancing, the lights, the bands, and the huge female crowd.  I just had so much fun at this one.

5. Alestorm and Gloryhammer - It was a sold out rainy night show, but holy crap was that one fun experience being packed in like sardines and with this super fun music.  My GF's first power metal show  :lol and she even had a blast.  I also wore an eye patch the entire show for the occasion. 

Some honorable mentions:

ProgStock - Getting to hang with so many DTFers
Smashing Pumpkins - 30th Anniversary show had so many guests and surprises
Misfits - Original line up show playing a sold out arena = biggest mosh pit I've ever seen
Less Than Jake - Getting to meet Roger and a story I told him actually got told on stage to the crowd
Breaking Benjamin - Fist bumping Benjamin
Bon Jovi - Getting a free upgrade to the floor