Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34305 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #455 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »
Nice  :metal

Haken and Leprous were awesome last Saturday.  Energized sold out crowd, I had a cool interesting spot along the side of the stage.  Got to give Ross from Haken a high five and thought both bands delivered. 

Haken & Leprous live in New York City

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #456 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »
A friend saw the Toronto show on Oct 31, and said that Leprous stole the show. Can anyone confirm?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #457 on: November 05, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
A friend saw the Toronto show on Oct 31, and said that Leprous stole the show. Can anyone confirm?

Didn't steal the show, they were really good and maybe equals if anything.  The crowd was pretty into them and then also really into Haken.  It didn't look like anyone left or anything.  The people near me were all there for Haken, I asked them  :lol  So I don't think either stole the show from either, both were fantastic and both received good crowd reactions.  Could be different for different cities though.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2018, 09:49:36 AM »
Did you see Bent Knee, Cram?

I got to check out Coheed and Cambria on Saturday. First stop of the US Tour.

Thank You Scientist were fortunate enough to make the show as they had RV troubles with their tire blowing out and Then another tire almost falling off, according to Ben whom i met at the sidebar. Set was great and they were amazing. Sound wasn't loud which was quite nice for a change.

I missed Maps and Atlases. I was in the sidebar at the time talking to people and then Ben walked in and talked to him for a bit. The guy I was talking to bought him a beer/shot. So by the time I noticed Maps and Atlases had ended.

Coheed came on and saw the intro from the balcony, which I guess people didn't snap was open. Went down to the floor, and being small structured, wiggled my way close to the front. They were amazing as always, in part due to the crowd singing along. Claudio let us sing some parts alone, which he enjoyed. Highlight for me was Wake Up, entire place sang and Claudio started singing the verse but then he took a back seat for us to sing that and the chorus, which he was shocked with. They also brought down the Disco ball which made for a great atmosphere.

Overall, it was a great show musicwise and the atmosphere/energy was perfect, not too rowdy and not too laidback.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:57:17 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »

No, was having a drink with El Barto and got there right when they were ending. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #460 on: November 05, 2018, 09:59:17 AM »

No, was having a drink with El Barto and got there right when they were ending.

Awe...they're amazing I feel. Although, looking at the setlist they mainly played new songs. With two older songs opening the set. Sad to see no Land Animal, which I feel is a wasted potential as that song is amazing and I'm sure wouldve won new fans.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: November 05, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
I youtubed them a few weeks ago and they weren't my thing otherwise I would have made it a point to check them out.  People seem to enjoy their show though, it's just not for me so figured I'd chill at the bar for a bit longer.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
I youtubed them a few weeks ago and they weren't my thing otherwise I would have made it a point to check them out.  People seem to enjoy their show though, it's just not for me so figured I'd chill at the bar for a bit longer.

Yeah I understand. I'm actually amazed they're on Inside Out, and touring with Haken/Leprous which I find to be an odd pairing but label mates right. I'm interested in the new songs though. Might look up on Youtube to see if theirs videos.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
Progressive Alliance yesterday: one day festival with Ihsahn, Vuur, Ne Obliviscaris and The Ocean among others.

Ne Obliviscaris were my main reason to go. Second time I've seen them this year and they kicked ass. Their live sound is amazing. Brutally heavy, technical but such a clear presence for all the instruments.

I really liked the intensity of The Ocean, going to check out their new album this week and dive a little more in to Pelagial.

Ihsahn was also great. Never really listened to his albums but an impressive performance.

Next show on saturday; Plini, BTBAM and Tesseract :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2018, 01:31:47 AM »

Well I looked more and Bent Knee are actually changing the sets each night. No Land Animal for you guys. If they play it on the AZ or Denver date I'll be more disappointed I can't go

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2018, 05:22:19 AM »
Progressive Alliance yesterday: one day festival with Ihsahn, Vuur, Ne Obliviscaris and The Ocean among others.

Ne Obliviscaris were my main reason to go. Second time I've seen them this year and they kicked ass. Their live sound is amazing. Brutally heavy, technical but such a clear presence for all the instruments.

I really liked the intensity of The Ocean, going to check out their new album this week and dive a little more in to Pelagial.

Ihsahn was also great. Never really listened to his albums but an impressive performance.

Next show on saturday; Plini, BTBAM and Tesseract :metal

Goddamn, I want to see The Ocean and Ihsahn so badly!

I really hope that Caligula's Horse play Graves tonight  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2018, 06:29:20 AM »
Caligula's Horse is on my list to check out, they are playing ProgPower next year and I only know them by name

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
Caligula's Horse is on my list to check out, they are playing ProgPower next year and I only know them by name
You should, they are awesome!
Saw them 2 weeks ago and I was blown away, especially by singer. I might be biased though because I love his voice, he's currently in my top 5 favorite singers for sure. I was glad they hanged out after the show at the merch stand and signed my copy of In Contact :)
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
You should, they are awesome!
Saw them 2 weeks ago and I was blown away, especially by singer. I might be biased though because I love his voice, he's currently in my top 5 favorite singers for sure. I was glad they hanged out after the show at the merch stand and signed my copy of In Contact :)

The venue I'm seeing them at tonight is tiny! They are likely going to be playing to no more than 100 people  :sadpanda: it's a shame that bands this awesome can't draw more. On the plus side, at this place I can order pizza and sit, eat and watch the bands! It's also a bowling alley and a hostel  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2018, 12:36:23 PM »
I'm sure they will enjoy the larger crowd at PPUSA then  :lol but also that sounds really cool though to see a band you like so much at a small intimate place.  I will check them out soon.  I'm going through lots of bands for PPUSA next year so they are one of many.  Been listening to Galneryus today and damn they are good.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »
I'm sure they will enjoy the larger crowd at PPUSA then  :lol but also that sounds really cool though to see a band you like so much at a small intimate place.  I will check them out soon.  I'm going through lots of bands for PPUSA next year so they are one of many.  Been listening to Galneryus today and damn they are good.

Yea dude! I don't listen to much power metal nowadays, but when I do it's Galneryus or Angra  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »
 :metal and Angra was sick at PPUSA this year.  Damn, they really do get the right bands for my tastes

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2018, 03:44:37 AM »
Caligula's Horse were pretty good last night. The venue was criminally small for a band this good but they didn't seem to care. They played a pretty 'In Contact/Bloom' heavy set but I'm fine with that as they are my favourite albums. The vocalist is really good live but he comes across pretentious. The rest of the band seemed to really be enjoying themselves (especially the two guitarists). Highlights were definitely Graves and Bloom/Marigold. They just fucking killed. Graves is becoming one of my all time favourite epics, it's just awesome and the finale of that song live.....wow.

Shout out to Circles as well. They didn't sound quite as good but all the songs they played off their new album were great. I need to give it a few more listens as some of the choruses are really catchy and it'll likely end up in my top 20 albums of the year.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #473 on: November 07, 2018, 03:49:34 AM »
Now to prep myself for Obituary, *not you Anthrax*, Lamb of God and fucking SSLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This will be like the 5th time I've seen them I reckon. I'm going to be right in the pit for the duration and a broken man tomorrow!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »
Now to prep myself for Obituary, *not you Anthrax*, Lamb of God and fucking SSLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This will be like the 5th time I've seen them I reckon. I'm going to be right in the pit for the duration and a broken man tomorrow!

I saw this tour (except Behemoth instead of Obituary) and I was pleasantly surprised by Anthrax who I never really got into, neither any of my friends.  I think we all agreed after the show they were better than expected.  Also I thought Lamb of God was really awesome live, better than Slayer I think.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »
I think I've seen Anthrax before, at Download Festival or something, they are just not my type of thrash (although I do dig the odd song, such as Deathrider!)

The first time I saw Lamb of God they were supporting Slayer on one of the Unholy Alliance tours (in '06 I think). That tour also had Children of Bodom and In Flames  :hefdaddy that time was the perfect time for me to see those bands as I think they went really downhill with all the albums they released post 2005. Anyway, Lamb of God were fucking incredible that night, definitely better than Slayer, which was saying a lot as I only know Laid to Rest. It's a sign of a good band when they can be that captivating when you don't even know their music!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2018, 07:50:36 AM »
I actually saw Lamb of God open for Gwar back in like 2001 or so.  I didn't like their set at all, but also when I was that young, I wasn't really into that type of music either.  The only thing I really remember was Randy was asking the crowd if the band can crash at their house after the show because they had no where to go  :lol I think that was the one and only time I've ever seen that at a show before and that band ended up becoming pretty popular and I don't think they need beds to sleep on anymore

I enjoyed them much more this year, although I still don't really know any of their music, but just thought they sounded great live and had good energy.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
I saw Lamb of God in August 2003 opening for Anthrax (with Bush fronting). I wasn't into the vocals of Lamb of God AT ALL. But Anthrax was incredible (I am a John Bush fanboy). The place was this really old movie theater that was re-done as a music venue in a shitty part of town. Had maybe 200 people there. The mosh pit on the floor was intense.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: November 08, 2018, 08:15:58 AM »
8th Nov -  Def Leppard/Scorpions ............first time Scorps have toured Australia was the clincher.

Scorpions cancelled a few hours before the show and we got some shitty local bar band as replacement  >:( :censored
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:10 AM »
8th Nov -  Def Leppard/Scorpions ............first time Scorps have toured Australia was the clincher.

Scorpions cancelled a few hours before the show and we got some shitty local bar band as replacement  >:( :censored

what????

Offline earlilano

« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2018, 10:21:21 AM »
My shows so far this year:

March 3 - Self Help Fest (A day to remember and Papa Roach)
March 13 - Between the Buried and Me
March 27 - Panic! At The Disco
April 7 - Gin Blossoms
April 12 - Shinedown
April 13 - Jonathan Davis
May 11 - Apocalyptica
June 16 - Nine Inch Nails
June 17 - The Ataris
June 25 - Meg Myers
June 28 - The Regrettes
August 8 - Weezer
August 31 - Alice in Chains
September 1 - Lindsey Stirling + Evanescence
Oct 2 - Lovelytheband
October 5 and 6 - Cal Jam
October 13 - System of a Down, Incubus

Future Shows:

November 12 - 98 degrees - don't judge me. It's for the wife.
November 21 - Good Charlotte
December 1 - Trans Siberian Orchestra
December 11 - The Ataris

Top show for me this year so far is Nine Inch Nails and I was at the show when they had Gary Newman. Cal Jam was also awesome because they played 6 Nirvana songs at the end and Grohl went back to drums for the Nirvana songs.  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »
Thats a nice list of shows, how was System of a Down and Incubus?   That's southern cal, right?  Which has been on my mind this week...

It's nearing the end of the year for me and as typical of the past couple, I'm a few thousand miles away from keeping my United status.  I find it worth it to keep because I usually get a couple free first class upgrades a year, almost always an economy plus free upgrade, and free bag and early boarding is an extra bonus too.  Anyway, point being, I am looking at places to travel for a quick weekend to get my miles and to make it fun, catch a concert somewhere.  I found one that has my interest:

It's a cheap flight that meets my miles for Saturday morning to Sunday night and that Saturday line up looks cool.  Love the AFI/Bad Religion punk early start and then Greta Van Fleet who has sold out so quickly the shows locally here that I haven't gotten to see them yet, and Smashing Pumpkins who I really enjoyed over the summer.  Then you got 30 Seconds to Mars and Third Eye Blind (Ive seen both before) who I'm not terribly into, but at least I know them and some of their music and I know it can be fun.  Also, the Forum is a historic venue that I've never been to.  I'm going to see if I can get a ticket tomorrow and decide from there.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »

what????

Klaus - sore throat/lost voice/doc's orders etc...........they didn't even announce it at the venue beforehand.  Didn't stop them selling Scorps t-shirts to the fans who didn't know .

Just one of those things I suppose but damn disappointing , esp if (like me) Scorps were a big reason you went.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »

what????

Klaus - sore throat/lost voice/doc's orders etc...........they didn't even announce it at the venue beforehand.  Didn't stop them selling Scorps t-shirts to the fans who didn't know .

Just one of those things I suppose but damn disappointing , esp if (like me) Scorps were a big reason you went.

I just read the blabbermouth article actually.  That sucks big time man.  Like you don't even get an option for a refund, you just get to see some other random band instead.  Like that can replace the value in seeing Scoprions.  I feel for you man.  I'd be so mad.  Klaus has had some voice health issues and htey had to cancel the ending of their last US tour because of it.  I guess if you are planning to see them, beware they could cancel.  Seems they are going to try to play the last show, but that may not happen either.

I guess the saving grace was you still got Def Leppard.  Although, looking at the setlist, it's not like you got more of Def Leppard to make up for the lack of Scorpions.  Def Leppard played a lot more songs on their Hawaii tour (likely because they weren't sharing the stage with Scorpions, would have been cool for them to give the fans a longer set to make up for it, but I guess it's not really their job to do so).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »
Thats a nice list of shows, how was System of a Down and Incubus?   That's southern cal, right?  Which has been on my mind this week...

It's nearing the end of the year for me and as typical of the past couple, I'm a few thousand miles away from keeping my United status.  I find it worth it to keep because I usually get a couple free first class upgrades a year, almost always an economy plus free upgrade, and free bag and early boarding is an extra bonus too.  Anyway, point being, I am looking at places to travel for a quick weekend to get my miles and to make it fun, catch a concert somewhere.  I found one that has my interest:

It's a cheap flight that meets my miles for Saturday morning to Sunday night and that Saturday line up looks cool.  Love the AFI/Bad Religion punk early start and then Greta Van Fleet who has sold out so quickly the shows locally here that I haven't gotten to see them yet, and Smashing Pumpkins who I really enjoyed over the summer.  Then you got 30 Seconds to Mars and Third Eye Blind (Ive seen both before) who I'm not terribly into, but at least I know them and some of their music and I know it can be fun.  Also, the Forum is a historic venue that I've never been to.  I'm going to see if I can get a ticket tomorrow and decide from there.
The Forum is pretty cool. From a realistic standpoint it's kind of a dump. It's annoying to get to and with the new stadium construction that's probably become far more of a problem. Yet it's got an energy to it. It's one of those places that just feels special when you see a show there.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
Yea, I kind of was thinking the same thing.  Looks shitty but has a lot of history to it.  Obviosuly Iron Maiden comes to mind, but also Avenged Sevenfold and AFI both filmed their DVDs there too.  Looks like it has a big pit and would be fun to check out. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
The A7X DVD was in Long Beach Arena, not the Inglewood Forum? The one filmed in 2008?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2018, 03:56:02 PM »
The A7X DVD was in Long Beach Arena, not the Inglewood Forum? The one filmed in 2008?

oh was it?  I thought that was the forum.  Now I might be confusing venues... because I was thinking Live After Death too.  NOw that sucked the life out of seeing that.  I definitely got those two confused.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #488 on: November 09, 2018, 06:11:45 AM »

Yup. i saw them in Glen Helen. It was an awesome show. Incubus was really good live. System of a down was just crazy good with multiple mosh pits and I saw fires in the lawn. I was down in the pit area and there was moshing in front and back of me but I'm to old to mosh. Lol.

I really like The Forum. The sound is great and pit area is huge. I wish I could go to the KROQ shows but the wife won't let me go to concerts on weekends anymore. Greta Van Fleet is great live, I saw them at Cal Jam.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2018, 06:50:20 AM »
Yea I totally fudged the Forum and Long Beach Arena  ::) but good to hear the Forum is still a cool venue.  Of course now work might be sending me somewhere next week so this might all be moot for me