Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34311 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2018, 05:15:04 AM »
Dont actually remember :lol they weren't worth paying attention to

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2018, 05:37:58 AM »
Band-Maid and Lovebites in November.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »
Saw Kamasi Washington last night in the most beautiful venue I'd ever attended, an open air theatre in the woods next to the dunes

Man, for someone that goes to a shitton of concerts, always in regular venues, this was a super cool new experience.

Next concert option is Frontierer on the 15th of August, but that's the same night as the night I arrive in my new place, and I imagine I'll be too exhausted to go because I'll be traveling all day and would only have about 30 minutes to move into my new apartment before going, and then I would only catch Frontierer and not any of the 3 (?) openers
Wow, where is that venue??
Sorry I missed this post! It's a venue called Caprera, located in Bloemendaal, The Netherlands. Forest next to the dunes/sea!

The concert agenda is a bit empty right now. Looks like my next gig will be The Hirsch Effekt on the 20th of September @ Nuke Club in Berlin. 10 year anniversary tour :metal :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2018, 11:52:08 AM »
I got a first row on the top section for tongihts Justin Timberlake concert in Amsterdam that is pretty much sold out.  I paid 101 euros about 117 USD face value after fees on ticketmaster.  Which apparently is a steal.  He is playing at MSG in October and you are looking at $200 for worse seats.  This aint my music but Im looking forward to a different type of show and hopefully I get some good videos.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »
^^ I saw a couple of pro-shots of his show from the 20/20 Experience tour and it looked pretty entertaining for the most part.  Naturally, you're probably going to find yourselves in a group full of screaming ladies, but his set is full of big hitters that anybody can enjoy.

Enjoy the show, man.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2018, 03:46:44 AM »
Oh totally surrounded by screaming ladies and I can't say I had any issues with it, especially mostly pretty dutch ladies.  Awesome concert last night.  Must say, I was blown away.  The Tennessee Kids (his backing band) sounded fantastic, I must say I feel like maybe it was all fake it sounded so good.  JT played piano, djed, did guitar, danced, sang, was a true front man and entertainer.  From start to finish it was non stop entertainment.  Not every song was my thing, but every song brought something worth paying attention to.  The stage was one of the coolest I had ever seen including the fireside songs which were much closer to me.  I cant wait to get home and review all the video footage, I had a fantastic view and I know I got a lot of really cool moments. 

One thing that annoyed me was to make any purchase in the arena, I needed to convert my euros to tokens and a minimum of 15 euros.  Of course I only had a 10 and 50.  So I got 50 euros worth of tokens and it was 2 for a large beer.  Sooo even with 4 beers  :lol I still had tons of tokens which meant I had to wait on some long line after the show to convert that back to cash.  What a pain and annoying system.  Although it turns out the beers were about 6 euros each if I did my math correctly which puts those Heineys at maybe the best price for beer in an arena that I maybe have ever seen.

I've got a couple songs up on my channel already, heres one:

Justin Timberlake - Say Something LIVE @ Ziggo Dome Amsterdam

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2018, 06:20:29 AM »
Looks like a cool gig cram!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2018, 02:00:36 PM »
Just saw The Dead Daisies on Friday, and this Tuesday I'll be seeing The Temperance Movement!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
Hey guys, so the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence concert I'm going to is tomorrow, and I just want to make sure I get this correct.  So since, I bought the ticket through Groupon, if I use the Groupon app and hit "View Voucher" of the event and the people at the front sees the barcode and scan it (similar to the Ticketmaster app, I believe?), I can get in without needing to print my ticket correct?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2018, 10:39:36 PM »
Hey guys, so the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence concert I'm going to is tomorrow, and I just want to make sure I get this correct.  So since, I bought the ticket through Groupon, if I use the Groupon app and hit "View Voucher" of the event and the people at the front sees the barcode and scan it (similar to the Ticketmaster app, I believe?), I can get in without needing to print my ticket correct?

Yup, I've used groupon before and that's how it works.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #360 on: September 01, 2018, 02:01:09 AM »
One thing that annoyed me was to make any purchase in the arena, I needed to convert my euros to tokens and a minimum of 15 euros.  Of course I only had a 10 and 50.  So I got 50 euros worth of tokens and it was 2 for a large beer.  Sooo even with 4 beers  :lol I still had tons of tokens which meant I had to wait on some long line after the show to convert that back to cash.  What a pain and annoying system.  Although it turns out the beers were about 6 euros each if I did my math correctly which puts those Heineys at maybe the best price for beer in an arena that I maybe have ever seen.
Yep. Never bought anything inside Ziggo Dome or AFAS (the other big concert hall next to Ziggo) because their system is so shitty. Though something I've noticed recently as well is that The Netherlands seem to be one of the few countries where most people (my age at least) purchase pretty much everything by card, so we never deal with cash. Maybe that would make the token system more convenient, but I'm still doubtful about it. It felt so weird to me going to a convenience store and having to go outside to look for an ATM because I couldn't pay with my card for the first time. :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: September 01, 2018, 06:37:58 AM »
Yep. Never bought anything inside Ziggo Dome or AFAS (the other big concert hall next to Ziggo) because their system is so shitty. Though something I've noticed recently as well is that The Netherlands seem to be one of the few countries where most people (my age at least) purchase pretty much everything by card, so we never deal with cash. Maybe that would make the token system more convenient, but I'm still doubtful about it. It felt so weird to me going to a convenience store and having to go outside to look for an ATM because I couldn't pay with my card for the first time. :lol

:lol I was so confused, and almost everyone was buying the credits with their cards.  So I had sometime to use the cash machine and talk to the lady for help, but she really didn't do much to help me and slowly a huge line built up behind me.  Oh well, I got my money back from all the unused credits, just thought the system was pretty odd. 

Anyway, I got home yesterday and made my full video from the show (I've got to be the first DTFer to capture JT live in concert right?!):

Justin Timberlake - LIVE @ Ziggo Dome Amsterdam

And to follow that up, heading to Atlanta Wednesday morning for ProgPower USA 19  :metal :metal :metal

Bands most looking forward to (in order from most to not as most):

Nocturnal Rites
Alestorm
Eclipse
VUUR
Angra
Sons of Apollo
Redemption
Tarja
Bloodbound

I come back on Sunday, then Monday is my last concert at PNC Bank Arts Center before they close the doors for the summer.... Ozzy!  :metal  After my moment of pop, it's going to be a lot of metal for the next week.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2018, 11:35:28 AM »
So, went to the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence concert yesterday at the FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine.  I had a good time overall.  Despite being a little confused on where to park, I manage to get a good parking spot early and it was free so that was an additional bonus.  Had a good view in Section 305, 12th row and given that I paid $40.00 for the ticket, it was pretty much a steal and I knew waiting for the Groupon deal will be worth it.

Lindsey Stirling was amazing during her set.  It was everything I hoped for and more.  Great production values, beautiful visuals on the screen, great choreography, sound was good, some good humor and banter in-between songs.  One minor gripe though was that she had an orchestra backing her and I don't think I could have heard it that much and I think that's due to the fact that the main instrument of the set is the violin so it was going to be harder for me to piece it all together.  On another note, she had a good intro video, before playing her opener The Arena, displaying about overcoming obstacles and heartbreaks and how it relates to her going back to her days when she was on America's Got Talent where Sharon Osborne thought Lindsey would go nowhere with her act.  Well, whose laughing now, you old crone?  Another positive is that Lindsey played a song called Shatter Me, where the lead vocals were sung by Halestorm's Lzzy Hale, and playing the role of Lzzy Hale on vocals was Evanescence's Amy Lee and it sounded great.  I didn't think this was ever going to be a thing that was going to happen during this tour, but I'm glad they did it, because it was a good highlight of the show.

The Evanescence's set though was while well-performed and had good orchestration elements (both sets were backed with an orchestra) and Amy Lee sounded great, I felt it was very lacking in other areas for me to deem this an amazing set.  One thing, the guitarists and bassist were sitting down throughout the entire set with the exception of the encore of them doing a cover of No More Tears and they were moving around.  I understand shows with an orchestra there's got to be a certain level of sophistication, but dang it, I thought this would still be a rock concert.  Another thing, I couldn't really piece together the guitars and bass that much during the set and I rather, and this is how I feel, if rock bands are going to do a show with an orchestra, I would prefer the guitars to be more front than the orchestra, while the orchestra still making their presence felt, rather than the other way around (which I think Alter Bridge will accomplish that with their Royal Albert Hall DVD, on a side note).  Otherwise, to me, the set mainly comes down to Amy Lee singing Evanescence songs with an orchestra backing her (which the concept is still solid though, don't get me wrong) without an actual rock band backing.  Another depressing flaw was that they played Bring me to Life pretty early (I think it was around the 5th song of the set) and after that was over, some people left and after My Immortal was played (which was not the closing song), more people left.  There were still a lot of people though throughout the show, just not around the 10,000 or so people that was there when the show started.  On a brighter note, Lindsey Stirling did come out during a song called Hi-Lo (which she did violins on) and during the cover of No More Tears and I felt that her presence really energized the room.

Overall, I had a good night.  I paid $40.00 for the ticket (could have costed me $65 if I bought it through Live Nation).  Had free parking, had a great view, and I enjoyed the atmosphere of being in the FivePoint Amphitheater and I wouldn't mind seeing more shows there now that I understand everything is sorted when it comes to parking and lining up.  Lindsey Stirling delivered an amazing 75 minute set and I would put this set on par with when I saw Foo Fighters (in 2015) and Alter Bridge (2014), but I would not put this on par when I saw Breaking Benjamin (2017), Halestorm (2017), and Myles Kennedy (a more active crowd during Lindsey Stirling may have a chance to get there as my most enjoyable concerts ever).  The Evanescence set, despite my gripes it was still a good set, I would put this set above me seeing Big Wreck (had horrible sound flaws where I couldn't hear Ian Thornley that much on vocals or guitars) and me seeing Slash/Myles/Conspirators (worst crowd ever, I would guaran-damn-tee about 95% of the crowd has no idea on whose in the band other than Slash or knows the non-GNR songs).

Next concert for me is Owl City on October 2nd at the Anaheim House of Blues.  Probably will binge on listening to everything Owl City and Adam Young-related throughout the month to get me ready (I do that anyway, nowadays).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:59:06 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2018, 02:26:34 AM »
Updated:

7 Sept - Lee Ann Womack
28 Sept - Halestorm
8 Dec - Nightwish
9 Dec - Spock's Beard/The Flower Kings
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2018, 04:01:49 AM »
15 September:  Pain of Salvation.
13 November:  Lovebites (Japan)
16 November:  Band-Maid (Japan)
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: September 05, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
Made it to Atlanta, ProgPower officially starts in an hour.  Tonight I am going to see:

Ross the Boss
Gloryhammer
Nocturnal Rites
Voyager

:metal :metal

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #366 on: September 05, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
Went to see Judas Priest with Megadeth as "special guests" earlier this summer. Saw both live for the first time ever. Quick summary; money well spent.  :metal
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #367 on: September 05, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Made it to Atlanta, ProgPower officially starts in an hour.  Tonight I am going to see:

Ross the Boss
Gloryhammer
Nocturnal Rites
Voyager

:metal :metal

Can't wait to see Gloryhammer next Friday.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: September 05, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
They just finished and were really good. I'm not really into them but they were a good live show. You'll enjoy that. Also kattleox just told me that's the same guy from alestorm? Which I kept thinking while watching but that's cool since I really like alestorm and gloryhammer is kind of similar for the genre  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #369 on: September 05, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »
I was thinking about going to see Def Leppard w/ Journey tonight. Good thing I didn't, they cancelled the show due to weather. At least people got to see some of Journeys set though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2018, 01:33:04 AM »
Updated:

7 Sept - Lee Ann Womack
28 Sept - Halestorm
8 Dec - Nightwish
9 Dec - Spock's Beard/The Flower Kings
Nice!  I saw Halestorm a couple weeks ago, and Nightwish back in April.  Both fantastic shows!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2018, 07:07:48 AM »
They just finished and were really good. I'm not really into them but they were a good live show. You'll enjoy that. Also kattleox just told me that's the same guy from alestorm? Which I kept thinking while watching but that's cool since I really like alestorm and gloryhammer is kind of similar for the genre  :lol

Who's the same guy? They share a band member?

Edit: Just checked, it's the same lead singer. That's gonna be one hell of a tour for him if he's singing with the opener and the headliner. Dayum...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:21:04 AM by lonestar »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2018, 08:07:14 AM »

Who's the same guy? They share a band member?

Edit: Just checked, it's the same lead singer. That's gonna be one hell of a tour for him if he's singing with the opener and the headliner. Dayum...

The singer from alestorm plays keyboard for Gloryhammer.  I was watching the set thinking to myself, that guy dressed in medival clothing looks like the pirate singer from Alestorm.  Kattleox was watching with me and confirmed that it is indeed the same dude.  And yea, looks like he's got his work cut out for him with this tour.  He also did a solo spot on keytar during Voyager's set.  So far this guy is the king of PP19.

I was thinking about going to see Def Leppard w/ Journey tonight. Good thing I didn't, they cancelled the show due to weather. At least people got to see some of Journeys set though.

That show was really fun, great combo of bands.  Sucks it got cancelled but at least that worked out for you.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
Gotcha, thanks for the correction. I've spun some Alestorm and it doesn't do a ton for me. Gloryhammer however is one of my favorite bands to blow my eardrums out with in the car. Fucking stoked to hear the good reports from all my buds at PPUSA about them. :metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2018, 10:33:45 AM »
There are SO MANY in the upcoming days, but I'll have to take a rain check on some of those, because my life is pretty hectic right now. the ones I'm interested in: Terry Bozzio, Obscura and Amorphis in September (three separate shows), and Clutch and Haken/Leprous in October.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #375 on: September 07, 2018, 12:58:11 AM »
I think I already said it here, I'm going to see Leprous, Agent Fresco and 22 in a week :metal First two are my favorite bands at the moment and seeing them before (although Leprous just as an opening act) I know how good they're live, can't wait.
Also, Caligula's Horse is playing in alternative club on my college next month. Even though I'm not their biggest fan the ticket is ridiculously cheap so I'm going for sure.
Deafheaven is coming in Zagreb next month as well. Still didn't check out their latest, I'll see if I like it enough. They actually sound like something I'd enjoy to listen to in live environment but, but unlike Caligula's Horse, ticket is not that cheap (not expensive either).
I'm thinking about starting to save some money (finally) and start checking out bands abroad, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria host many more concerts.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: September 07, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »
Day 3 of ProgPower off to a sick start

Manimal (awesome)
Persefone (not my thing)
and next up for today:
Bloodbound  :metal
Labyrinth  :metal :metal
Redemption  :metal :metal :metal
Sons of Apollo  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #377 on: September 07, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »

Manimal (awesome)
Persefone (not my thing)
and next up for today:

You gotta give it to MP : he played a set with Metal Allegiance yesterday full of songs that had their live debut, and will play in a different band today, with a different set of musicians, and a handful of songs that are VERY busy, and there's ZERO repetition between those bands/setlists. Simply amazing.

By the way, the Labyrinth drummer is John Macaluso, whom I interviewed recently - check it out: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-john-macaluso/

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »
Europe 2/10
Spandau Ballet 23/10
Robben Ford 15/11

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »

Manimal (awesome)
Persefone (not my thing)
and next up for today:

You gotta give it to MP : he played a set with Metal Allegiance yesterday full of songs that had their live debut, and will play in a different band today, with a different set of musicians, and a handful of songs that are VERY busy, and there's ZERO repetition between those bands/setlists. Simply amazing.

By the way, the Labyrinth drummer is John Macaluso, whom I interviewed recently - check it out: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-john-macaluso/

Oh yea, I'll give him credit for being a hard worker for sure.  No doubt about that.

Sunday's ProgPower was fucking epic with Alestorm and their giant inflatable duck stealing the show, but of course VUUR and Tarja were both amazing as well (and well, everyone else I didn't mention was great too).

I feel like I am still recovering from PP.  But tonight is the last concert of the summer for me at my local amphitheater, PNC Bank Arts Center.

None of than the Prince of Darkness himself, Ozzy  :metal :metal  and back out the door to Denver tomorrow morning.  Sucks because I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this concert as much as I'd like just do to the travel and my mind being kind of fucked up (and I'm getting worked at work this week).  Stone Sour is the opener and I'd like to check them out too, but I need to get out of work on time and get myself packed and ready before the concert so it may be tough, but I am hopeful to catch most if not all of their set.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #380 on: September 10, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
What's the deal with that duck? I saw it being posted on Facebook, and it seemed like a lame joke stretched too far, but I'm all ears if you want to explain...

My next concerts: I'm trying to get a pass for Amorphis/Dark Tranquility/Moonspell tonight, but doubt it will happen. And Terry Bozzio this Friday, which will be EPIC, since I interviewed him a while ago and it got me pumped to see him!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2018, 10:09:46 AM »
I dont know the history of the ducks with Progpower, that is all new to me, but Alestorm played their set with a huge inflatable duck on stage and during the song "Drink" they threw it into the crowd, and this is one large duck that was flying around the venue which was all fun.... but after the finished the song, the singer said to kill it and the duck just got gang raped essentially.  I was one of them, kicking and ripping at it to deflate it.  It was hilarious and then the dead carcass was being thrown around.  Someone took it home with them.  Just really funny and I bet if I understood more of the inside joke about the ducks and progpower then it would be even funnier.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »
Bought a ticket for Vulkan / Pain of Salvation

Seen so far:

2018-02-26 - Stockholm, Circus - Steven Wilson

2018-03-24 - Gothenburg, Concert hall, Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with Jennie Abrahamson & Malin Dahlström - A tribute to Kate Bush

2018-04-06 Malmö, Palladium - Peter Hammill

2018-06-05 Stockholm, Södra Teatern - Neal Morse

2018-07-05 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson
2018-07-06 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson

2018-08-18 - Stockholm, Friends Arena - Roger Waters
Concerts booked so far:

2018-09-27 - Stockholm, Kraken - Vulkan / Pain of Salvation

2018-09-29 Malmö, Palladium - Progressive Circus 2018 (VUUR, iamthemorning, Anneke van Giersbergen, Merit Hemmingsson, Promise and the Monster )
One day festival with 4, no scratch that... 5 artists bands.

2018-10-07 Stockholm, Fryshuset - Moon Safari, Fish

2018-12-01 Stockholm, Kulturhuset Studion - Spock's Beard / The Flower Kings revisited

2018-12-02 Malmö, KB - Spock's Beard / The Flower Kings revisited

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #383 on: September 12, 2018, 07:40:46 AM »
I dont know the history of the ducks with Progpower, that is all new to me, but Alestorm played their set with a huge inflatable duck on stage and during the song "Drink" they threw it into the crowd, and this is one large duck that was flying around the venue which was all fun.... but after the finished the song, the singer said to kill it and the duck just got gang raped essentially.  I was one of them, kicking and ripping at it to deflate it.  It was hilarious and then the dead carcass was being thrown around.  Someone took it home with them.  Just really funny and I bet if I understood more of the inside joke about the ducks and progpower then it would be even funnier.

I don't know the history with the ducks at PPUSA either(I'll try to remember to ask a buddy who's part of the crew) , but it seems.that its a thing with Alestorm, there are plenty of duck massacre videos from them on YouTube (I went looking for the PPUSA one yesterday)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #384 on: September 12, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »
Ah so it's like a combo of some inside joke with PP and something Alestorm does  :lol I'm just pissed I had some video up front of the death of it, since I took part of the zombie horde but I apparently never hit record.  I haven't had a chance to review a lot of my PP footage yet, but I know all my alestorm footage came out like garbage and has a lot of me singing really bad drunk lyrics  :yarr