Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34337 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »
New concerts added to my list for the rest of the year:

August 2nd - Smashing Pumpkins @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 5th - Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ
August 10th - 311 and Offspring @ Festival Pier, Philadelphia PA
September 5-8th ProgPower USA @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 10th - Ozzy Osbourne and Stone Sour @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
October 17th - Dirty Heads @ Playstation Theater, New York City, NY
October 20th - Metallica @ Bryce Jordan Center, University Park PA
November 3rd - Haken and Leprous @ Highline Ballroom, New York City, NY
December 1st - Steven Wilson @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
December 15th - Ghost @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NJ

Two concerts this week, really looking forward to the Smashing Pumpkins, never seen them before and they are doing a 31 song set list of all their older stuff for the 90s that I was a fan of.  I kind of don't really listen to them anymore, but listening to them the last week has gotten me excited. 

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:04 AM »
Just gone back through this thread and realised the only gig I've been to this year (as Protest the Hero cancelled their tour) is Mogwai, back in Feb! What the fuck!

I mean, I've got some good stuff coming up:

Mad Caddies tomorrow
ArcTangent in two weeks
Leprous/Agent Fresco in September
Toots and the Maytals in October
Caligula's Horse in November
Very likely Slayer's farewell tour in November.

Also likely I'll be seeing the following, later this year, if I can get the time off work:

Mono
Enslaved/High on Fire
Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake
Damnation festival
Elder
Yob
The Slackers
Vennart
Zeal and Ardor
Clutch

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: July 31, 2018, 11:37:50 AM »
Kind of crazy but saw this headline today about the Smashing Pumpkins show that I am going to on Thursday

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/smashing-pumpkins-to-be-joined-by-courtney-love-chino-moreno-davey-havok-at-30th-anniversary-concert/

I'm pretty excited cause that's a nice list of special guests and for a 31 song, 2 hour and 45 minute show, I feel like it was steal to get tickets this way....

essentially the show isn't selling well at all.  Almost the entire venue was for sale yesterday (today they must have put a hold on tickets as half the seats arent available now) but they just had a 10 minute 10 dollar sale on lawn tickets so I got two of those, no fees 20 bucks.  However, I told my gf I want a seat (A, in case it rains, and B, with this special show I want a view) so I used an old email I got for seat upgrades and apparently the link still works for all the concerts if the seats are available... so for 20 bucks flat per ticket, I got upgraded to the 15th row.  Not bad for 30 dollars each to get 15th row seats for such a cool show.  Looking forward to capturing a lot of it on video and seeing them for the first time ever.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2018, 04:49:06 AM »
Saw Counting Crows/Live/Boom Forest last night.

Boom forest I'd never heard of but they weren't that bad

Live was killer, they sounding amazing and put on an amazing show. First time I've ever seen a band have two drummers throughout the entire show.

Counting Crows were one of the most dull bands I've seen live. Adam Duritz talks so much between songs, roughly 30 minutes in total of talking (by the time we left). I didn't really mind as my gf was there for Counting Crows but I felt bad as she was pretty disappointed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
That's annoying, I am going to try and see that show next week, mostly for Live who I've never seen before and it's a cheap local show.  Just hope I can get out of work in time to see their full set since it's a Tuesday and they aren't the headliners.

Last week was an unbelievable show for the Smashing Pumpkins 30th Anniversary.  Apparently they plan on doing a few shows to celebrate, but the first one seemed kind of random as they sold out MSG the night before and added this show in NJ later, but it really didn't sell well for such a large venue.  I managed to get 15th row tickets for 30 bucks (including fees).  We were on the side, but it didn't matter considering the price and occasion.

There were lots of special guests for this 28 song set they played (a bit shorter set actually than the rest of the tour, they went on abut 15 minutes late).  But after the initial set of SP songs, out the guests started flowing.  First was Chino Moreno, singer of the Deftones, who sang two SP songs that haven't been played in awhile.  Then we got the hit Tonight Tonight and a really cool cover of Stairway to Heaven  :metal  We then got two more classic SP tracks performed with Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer of The Killers.  My gf's favorite guest was next, Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray and they performed his hit song Fly before going into a really surprising cover song of Breaking the Law.  Seeing Mark sing this song was awesome, he was loving it and so energetic on stage.  That was probably the highlight for me (and I guess the most metal moment of the night). 

That wasn't nearly all.  I'm not sure if people actually like her or not, but then Billy Corgan brought out Courtney Love and they performed her hit song Celebrity Skin by Hole and they also performed another Hole song, Malibu, before going into the song Bullet with Butterfly Wings together.  So having never seen Courtney Love before, I must say, she is exactly what I would have expected she would be if this was still her hey day, but some things never change.  She looked and sounded intoxicated.  She said a few really dumb things between songs, and could hardly sing.  I'll say this though, this was entertaining though  :lol

Next guest was Peter Hook and they did a few of his songs together including the final songs with guests.  The last surprise was Davey Havok of AFI and one of my favorite singers, they performed the Joy Division song Transmission.  I love his style and voice (more to come on him next).  Courtney Love came back out and they did another Joy Division cover still with Davey and Peter as well.  Just epic.  The encore was the new single and another cover which seemed anti climatic after everything that just happened.

So back to Davey Havok and AFI, I guess the reason he could be a guest while on tour was because AFI were in town.  I caught them yesterday at the Stone Pony Summer Stage outside along the shore.  I got there in time to see Anti-Flag, who I've seen a few times, but I wasn't really into their set.  I honestly wasn't terribly loving this concert because the sun was just beating down on us.  The humidity was tough too, but the sun coming down behind the stage made viewing the bands really difficult.  AFI played 10 songs and were awesome, but I was bummed about the short set.  The sun was setting behind them as they played, which was cool and bad.  It looked great, but so hard to consistently watch. Also, my video kind of came out like shit because of the lighting.  AFI were really good though, got one really really old song which was cool and Davey was great live again. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »
That sounds like a good time and a hell of a long setlist. I really wish i got th chance to see smashing pumpkins.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2018, 04:20:12 AM »
Saw Kamasi Washington last night in the most beautiful venue I'd ever attended, an open air theatre in the woods next to the dunes

Man, for someone that goes to a shitton of concerts, always in regular venues, this was a super cool new experience.

Next concert option is Frontierer on the 15th of August, but that's the same night as the night I arrive in my new place, and I imagine I'll be too exhausted to go because I'll be traveling all day and would only have about 30 minutes to move into my new apartment before going, and then I would only catch Frontierer and not any of the 3 (?) openers
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
Wow that is a pretty cool looking venue, and theres like a moat around the stage

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »
Yeah, it's so when the kids are standing close to the edge, the saxophone player won't be able to jump towards them and attack them :corn
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
Hey, Train of Naught, you are in Amsterdam?  I am going to be there for the last two weeks of August for work.  You know of any concerts going on that might be of interest?  My searches have shown up empty besides Justin Timberlake but maybe a local would know better.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
Oh fuck, what day are you arriving? I am currently, but I'm moving to Berlin for half a year and leaving the 15th, so I think we will miss each other. :-[ would've been cool to meet up.

Therefore I haven't really kept track of concerts in the area from that date onward, but if you happen to be here on the 14th, Larry and his Flask are playing at the venue I work at, I know that style of punk is the sorta music you dig, but you probably won't be here by then? That's in a venue called Patronaat in Haarlem (city close to Amsterdam).

Otherwise it's a pretty empty set of weeks concert-wise, honestly. This venue called Vondelbunker (a shelter inside a bridge in Vondelpark) always has solid productions but it's more alternative, psychedelic rock, post-rock, garage-rock etc. for the most part. You can check out their schedule and see if anything sounds interesting, I think they always include descriptions of the acts and always in English: https://www.facebook.com/pg/vondelbunker/events/?ref=page_internal

There's a venue close to that one with a similar type of vibe called OCCII, you could look that up.

And in the center there are some nice rock cafés, my favourites are Cafe the Minds and Waterhole (this one has live productions too sometimes)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: August 07, 2018, 09:45:49 AM »
Yea, I'll be there too late, arriving the 20th and leaving the 31st.  Sucks that its like a dead period, I know I saw some shows that I'd attend both before and after I am there.  Sucks, but this business trip I actually think I'll have to to take in a concert or something, and of course there's nothing on schedule, I checked the three venues you listed and I don't even see any shows for most of them, and the few I have no idea who they are.  Thanks for sharing though.  I won't rule out seeing Justin Timberlake though  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #327 on: August 07, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
Rather you than me :lol but I say that as someone who never really liked Justin Timberlake apart from a couple songs. There's an amazing festival coming up in The Netherlands that's pretty close to Amsterdam but that's, you know, a festival. Probably can't afford to take 3 days off during a business trip, and it has a bigger focus on hip-hop than rock (even though I personally like a lot of it, I wouldn't recommend it on DTF).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2018, 09:59:48 AM »
Yea probably not for me, and I have no real interest in JT, just as something to do honestly and my hotel is next to the arena.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
Decided on getting Godsmack/Shinedown tickets yesterday. Founs they had some good seats in the lower bowl, center. So I snatched those. It was a great last minute show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:35 PM »
Therefore I haven't really kept track of concerts in the area from that date onward, but if you happen to be here on the 14th, Larry and his Flask are playing at the venue I work at, I know that style of punk is the sorta music you dig, but you probably won't be here by then? That's in a venue called Patronaat in Haarlem (city close to Amsterdam).

Damn, Larry and His Flask are one of the best live bands I've ever seen! I'd highly recommend to anyone (especially you cram). They aren't really punk music but they have that punk attitude. Train, are you going to get to see them then, seeing as you're leaving the next day?

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »
I was originally going to work that shift, but as I leave in the morning the next day and the show demoted from the small hall to the café due to low ticket sales (this is awesome because the café is much more intimate and well-suited for any type of high energy rock-related set) they could take off a couple people. I wanted to take that evening off because I imagine I might want to do last-minute checks for my luggage/documents and that type of stuff. A bit unfortunate, if it were 1 day earlier I would have gone for sure.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2018, 07:28:52 AM »
The GF and I took off work last Friday to spend the day in Philly and then went to the 311, Offspring, and Gym Class Heroes concert outside at the Penn's Landing Festival Pier right on the river.  Awesome venue, my second time there and just confirmed how much more I like this compared to the similar venue Stone Pony Summer Stage near me that I had gone to last week.  Anyway, I was blown away by how cool Gym Class Heroes were.  I didn't know a single song of theirs and loved their funkiness.  The bass player was great, and the two singers really killed it.  I wasn't expecting that at all having not known who the band was (I now know they have a few hit songs with some well known musicians) and then to just be blown off my ass with awesome funk and hip hop.  Anyway, Offspring is a bit different type of music, but were really good.  This may have been my favorite of the 3 times I've seen them.  Really cool set list and of the one rotated song, we got Smash which is a favorite of mine.  Their piano version of Gone Away (I saw it last year) was still really chilling and awesome. And of course 311 was amazing as usual, crowd was real rowdy for them which added to the fun of the show.  They played a "hits" setlist which kind of sucks for the hardcore fan that is used to getting a few rare songs each time.  However, I did tweet to the bassist Pnut to play Too Much to Think for my GF which he liked on twitter and then they played it  :metal So not sure how much my tweet influenced them or not, but I'd like to think it did.

311, The Offspring, And Gym Class Heroes LIVE @ Festival Pier, Philadelphia PA

If I can get out of work at a decent time, going to try to make this concert tonight:

Counting Crows and Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »
So ArcTangent is tomorrow and I'm so hyped!

So ArcTangent Festival have added more bands to their line up today:

Not sure I can really miss this!

Narrowed down the bands that I'm not willing to miss at any cost! It's an incredible line up and I frankly can't wait  :metal

So bands I'm going to be right in the pit for (in order of hype levels):

Leprous
Black Peaks
Vennart
Alcest
Zeal & Ardor
Telepathy
Plini
Arcane Roots
Anathema
VLMV
Myrkur
Poly-Math
Glassjaw
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Pelican

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »
I'd say Pelican would be the highlight for me.

Online faizoff

« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »
Went to the Taylor Swift concert on Tuesday night and man was it a blast. Crazy good stage, catchy songs, some stripped down acoustic tracks, really talented musician. It was a bit awkward being a man in his 40s with his wife among a sea of teens and preteens. Even though I probably knew like 2 songs from her setlist, every song was entertaining in its own right and have to sort of admit that this concert was even better than the Coldplay one - presentation wise.

I also mulling on going to the game of thrones orchestra concert next month. I've read it's got great visuals that go with the music. Have time to decide on that.

Also just decided to attend the Nine Inch Nails concert next month in Atlanta, never been to one of their shows so it should be fun.

And then I've got Steven Wilson in December. Fun times ahead...
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
Progstock in October.   DTF meetup with 7 of us!

Haken/Leporus Nov in Boston on the wife's birthday!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2018, 07:43:16 PM »
Saw Kamasi Washington last night in the most beautiful venue I'd ever attended, an open air theatre in the woods next to the dunes

Man, for someone that goes to a shitton of concerts, always in regular venues, this was a super cool new experience.

Next concert option is Frontierer on the 15th of August, but that's the same night as the night I arrive in my new place, and I imagine I'll be too exhausted to go because I'll be traveling all day and would only have about 30 minutes to move into my new apartment before going, and then I would only catch Frontierer and not any of the 3 (?) openers
Wow, where is that venue??
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2018, 09:48:21 PM »
About to head over to my local amphitheater for the Twins of Evil tour with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson.  I was able to snag an awesome seat for super cheap and am pretty excited to see the show now (I had a super cheap lawn seat that I sold and got my money back to upgrade myself, especially if it rains tonight).  I've never been a Manson fan, but interested in seeing his set, and also kind of dig Zombie's live show.  His songs are mostly miss for me, but his live show includes the songs I do like and his performance and presentation are usually top notch (including John 5 on guitar) so I am excited.  They are also doing a Beatles cover (Helter Skelter) together that should be interesting.

A friend of mine just offered me a freebie to this show. Never been a massive fan of either band, but hard to pass up free metal.

The upcoming months are looking quite busy, starting with Gloryhammer and Alestorm, then Amorphis, possibly AL Dimeola and JR, Angra and Niviane, and of course Progstock with IQ, Enchant and Mystery.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
About to head over to my local amphitheater for the Twins of Evil tour with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson.  I was able to snag an awesome seat for super cheap and am pretty excited to see the show now (I had a super cheap lawn seat that I sold and got my money back to upgrade myself, especially if it rains tonight).  I've never been a Manson fan, but interested in seeing his set, and also kind of dig Zombie's live show.  His songs are mostly miss for me, but his live show includes the songs I do like and his performance and presentation are usually top notch (including John 5 on guitar) so I am excited.  They are also doing a Beatles cover (Helter Skelter) together that should be interesting.

A friend of mine just offered me a freebie to this show. Never been a massive fan of either band, but hard to pass up free metal.

The upcoming months are looking quite busy, starting with Gloryhammer and Alestorm, then Amorphis, possibly AL Dimeola and JR, Angra and Niviane, and of course Progstock with IQ, Enchant and Mystery.

If the music isn't your thing (which I get) take a look around and at least get some entertainment out of the people who come out to these shows.  I was surprised, I'd say half the crowd were females and most of them wearing little clothing.  A lot of people in bondage type clothing as well.  I stood outside for 15 minutes before entering the venue to people watch.   I captured a small bit of this in my video from the concert  :lol

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2018, 07:03:47 AM »
Saw the last stop for Coheed and TBS. Amazing show. Each band sounded great and the set lists were awesome. Loved the little xfiles/alien prank TBS played on Coheed.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
Just saw Halestorm and In This Moment in Seattle last night. Both bands were fantastic, even though I was there for Halestorm,, and they absolutely killed it!!! :metal :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2018, 05:16:08 PM »
So I was at ArcTangent over the weekend. I arrived later than planned on the Friday, due to traffic, so unfortunately missed Vennart  :yeahright

I didn't let that get me down too much though as there was too much good music going on (quick round up to follow).

Leprous

They were always going to be my highlight of the festival and they totally delivered. I mean the set had a few too many songs from Malina (even though I like the album) but I had a blast singing epic Leprous choruses, like only they can write, with random strangers and a bottle of rum  :metal

Black Peaks

They surpassed expectation and were really good live. Will definitely be getting their debut and the new one when it's out.

Alcest

This band finished off my weekend as I drove home after seeing them. Their sound was perfect for a dreary end to the day as it all clouded over and started to rain. It was very atmospheric.

Zeal & Ardor

Takes the award for "band that won over the most new fans" at the festival. Most people I spoke to had no idea who they were but came away like "that totally shouldn't work, but it really does!". I asked a lot of people I got chatting to if they'd caught them and no one seemed to have a bad word. I also appreciated them more in a live setting. Definitely going to see them when they headline near me later this year.

Telepathy

Their sound was LOUD! I went to use a porta-loo whilst they were playing and it felt like a helicopter was taking off next to me. So much bass. Really tight live and another highlight.

Plini

Was ok to be honest, nothing more. I enjoyed it but not much in the way of stage presence for me. They sounded pretty good though.

Glassjaw

I'll be honest, I was pretty wasted by the time they hit the stage. I remember enjoying it but I couldn't tell you why  :lol

Conjurer

Suprise of the weekend. I wasn't originally planning to check them out as I wasn't massively impressed by their debut. A friend of mine wanted to go though so I went with. They. Kicked. Ass! Super heavy, and I was kinda mesmerised by the whole performance. I'll give their album another listen. Live they were more up my alley though. Awesome

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Mire really was one of my surprise AOTY contenders this year, Conjurer is on to some crazy good shit within the heavy music scene. Sounds like a Pelagic Records band for sure. Would kill to see them live as I already love their album listening to it  normally.

I've heard from my friends who've seen Zeal & Ardor today that it was the best shit ever, so I'm super hyped to see them headline in Berlin somewhere in November!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »
Mire really was one of my surprise AOTY contenders this year, Conjurer is on to some crazy good shit within the heavy music scene. Sounds like a Pelagic Records band for sure. Would kill to see them live as I already love their album listening to it  normally.

I've heard from my friends who've seen Zeal & Ardor today that it was the best shit ever, so I'm super hyped to see them headline in Berlin somewhere in November!

The guys in Conjurer look really young. They blew me away though and I really wasn't expecting much. Zeal and Ardor were honestly so good though. I'm so chuffed they got such a good reaction. They're playing in Bristol in a few months so I'll definitely go.

Also forgot to say, I picked up Boss Keloid's most recent album on Orange vinyl. I love the album cover so may put it up on a wall at home.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
YES! Some tickets went on sale really cheap for my local Deep Purple/Judas Priest show. 25 bucks for 200 level (all fees included). I'm right on the aisle too, and while stage right, I am all the way over toward center, so it should be killer.

Good year for shows for me.

Fates Warning (2x)
Iced Earth/Sanctuary
Sons of Apollo
Myles Kennedy (acoustic)
Geoff Tate
Helloween (next month)
Deep Purple/Judas Priest (next month)
Stryper (November)

>>>And potentially both Angra, and a show featuring Gus G/VInnie Moore/Richie Kotzen (both next month)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2018, 09:17:32 AM »
Haven't updated from last week, but my buddy and I saw Live and Counting Crows (well some of them).  We got there at 7:25 and Live were already on stage playing their first song which pissed me off because it said they were going on at 7:30.  I thought we timed it perfectly as we enjoyed a couple beers in the parking lot.  Oh well, what made up for it was the beautiful double (second was hard to see full) rainbow over the venue.  It was lightly raining and had just topped and we were treated with this beauty: https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1029892831303872512 (the band even liked this clip) Made the setting really unique and special for their set.  I really enjoyed them, I've never seen them before but Throwing Copper was one of the first cassettes I had gotten and I was obsessed with it as a kid.   Cool to see the same guys still doing it, although I did feel the extra guitarist and drummer were a bit much, but what do I know.  Them both being shoved to the side stage made me feel like they were an afterthought.  When Counting Crows came on, the singer just kept talking and talking.  He took a seat on stage to talk.  At that point my friend had enough and we left  :lol  I was never into them and what I had heard wasn't my thing, but I typically would have stayed till the end, but I wasn't objecting.  They weren't enjoyable. 

Live - LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center 8/14/18

Next concert... now that I am in Amsterdam, seems likely I am going to check out Justin Timberlake at the arena next to my hotel on Saturday.  Everyone I've talked to about this in person has either expressed jealousness or said that it will be fun, even with my metal music preference  :lol  so why not? 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
Glad (or not so glad) to see that we weren't the only ones who left during the counting crows gig. I have honestly never seen someone talk so much between and during songs.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2018, 03:55:10 AM »
Glad (or not so glad) to see that we weren't the only ones who left during the counting crows gig. I have honestly never seen someone talk so much between and during songs.

I know you had mentioned it before so I kind of was wondering how this would go.  I didn't even say a word to my friend, but as soon as the singer took a seat to keep talking, he was livid.  It was pretty funny actually.  My friend is a guitarist and singer and found his on stage performance to be so terrible and disrespectful. I really couldn't disagree.  The guy wasn't even saying anything interesting, it was like he was just telling really boring stories that went no where. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2018, 04:59:30 AM »
Did he tell you the story about driving across the US as a kid and the time he went to West Texas :lol