Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34325 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #280 on: July 06, 2018, 04:48:16 AM »
I saw Better Than Ezra and Barenaked Ladies last night. It was a good show with some killer seats. Ed (lead singer of BNL) was coming off being sick so he was clearly struggling but other than that it was a solid performance.

Up next: Ludovico Einaudi July 10th.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: July 06, 2018, 07:10:11 AM »
Saw King Crimson yesterday... it was totally magical

Tonight is the second of the two KC shows.... hope to hear the facorites that were not played yesterday today instead.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2018, 06:31:42 AM »
Going to see Toots and the Maytals, in October, with my girlfriend  :hat :hat :hat

She's massively into her reggae and it's probably the only genre of music where our tastes crossover (and trip-hop I guess). Gonna be good.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »
Ah Toots, that'll be cool.

We made it to Vermont for today's reggae festival. I've never been to Vermont before and already loving the green mountains here.  Also the state just legalized so it's going to be a fun concert full of stoners  :hat

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
I'm hope you'll have the Cramcorder running. Can't wait to see this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »

I got a new memory card so I can record even more since this is a 8 hour concert. But I'm not sure this music is something you'd like lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »

I got a new memory card so I can record even more since this is a 8 hour concert. But I'm not sure this music is something you'd like lol

I was thinking more along the lines of "Heavy Metal Parking Lot".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Trivium and Avatar on the same bill October 25th. I'm really looking forward to that show! Those are 2 of my favorite metal bands right now.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
Bought tickets to see The Mad Caddies (for a gig in about 3 weeks time) for £12 yesterday! Such a ridiculously cheap price to see one of my favourite bands! Bonus to all this is that I'm going with some buddies that I probably haven't been to a gig with in at least 10 years.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: July 09, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »
Nice, love a good ska show  :yarr

The festival in Vermont last weekend was SO much fun.  Maybe one of the best concerts of the year for me, and that's saying something.  Just the quality and quantity were really high here.  Show started with Matisyahu, who is alright.  I'd say he has some good reggae music, but also does some rap and a lot of beat blasting.  It was pretty cool, he has a full band and for the opener, had a decent crowd there already for him.  He did an encore, which is odd for an opener, and I was standing right in front of the sound booth and when he left the stage, the next bands sound crew came into the booth and I could hear them arguing about having 5 more minutes  :lol (you can hear them arguing in my video).  He did his hit single One Day, but he did it very differently.  I guess for essentially a one hit wonder, it's not that odd to change up the one song he plays every single day.  But I didn't really enjoy it, neither did my gf who was quite dissapointed with this version.  Either way, solid way to start the day.

Then came Pepper, who maybe did my favorite set of the day.  They just joke around so much on stage and interact with the crowds.  Lots of lol moments on that set, but their rock/reggae/ska sound is just so awesome and chill.  For their last song, a huge blow up joint was thrown into the crowd which got everyone going nuts since Vermont had just legalized so there was lots of that going on already, now through a huge J into the crowd and well, yea. 

The third band was probably my least interested artist, Lupe Fiasco.  But it became clear that a large amount of the audience came for him.  He has a few hit singles that blow away anything from anyone else had recently released performing at the festival.  It was also my first time seeing a rap artist live.  His rapping was good, he put the effort in and I respect that.  I just have a hard time loving a DJ vs. a full band.  Some of his music was clearly something a band could play (wasn't all technoy, some of the music the DJ was playing was funky and cool) which kind of makes it dissapointing to see almost everything besides his own vocals pumped in.  However, the crowd loved it.  He did seem a bit unprepared though.  A couple times he mentioned having too much time and was killing it by talking between songs and then ended a bit early.  The second half of his set was pretty enjoyable overall, and my gf loved it.  She wanted to see him the most.

Then was intermission essentially as the first 3 bands got 3 hours and the last two bands got 3 hours.  We ate some delicious food, lobster rolls and fresh waffles with chocolate.  The booze was flowing, it was sponsored by Angry Orchards and you could only buy their products which was kind of crappy as I can't have more than one cider without getting an upset stomach, but the had their Truly vodka soda drinks that were pretty good.  I had A LOT of that  :lol  They also had an arcade tent which was a blast playing ski ball.  It was free too.  I got to say the arcade truck was a total shit show.  Screaming laughing and drinking was out of control in there.  Those 15 minutes were some of the most fun of the day.

Then came Dirty Heads.  I would say I like half of their songs that I've heard.  They do a rap reggae type of music as well as acoustic beach type music.  Their set started with a lot more of the rappy type stuff, but what I love and respect even more is a full band.  A drummer, a percussionist, two keyboard, a bass, and a guitar.  They could play their music which brings so much more life to the live show.  I've seen them before so there was nothing new here besides knowing their music more now.  They were fun and it was disappointing that Matisyahu didn't come out for their song with him.  Apparently he had to leave the show early to get to his next gig.  They did do Lay Me Down with Rome from Sublime though which was probably the highlight of their set for me.

And finally when it got dark Sublime with Rome came on.  The crowd had kind of died a bit by then which was nice as there were A LOT of people there overall.  I was really happy with their set.  We saw them a couple months ago, but they actually changed things up a bit and played a few more original songs (not old Sublime songs) which I found to be really good overall.  However, I think it was pretty clear Rome and Eric were really messed up.  Romes guitar playing was a bit sloppy and Eric was actually singing (who knows what though) multiple times.  I overall liked their set though because it was different when i expected it to be the same.  For once, they surprised me a bit.

Angry Orchard Rock The Roots Festival @ Mount Snow, Dover VT

Got two weeks before the next show, Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson.  I'm just going to that for shits and giggles  :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »
Just got back from Ludovico Einaudi and it was a really special show. A lot different from what I'm used but it was a great venue with some talented individuals and some instruments that I've never seen before.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »
Haven't bought tix yet but I'm banking on Florence + The Machine at the United Center in Chicago, Friday 10/19.  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »
My buddy had 2 extra tickets for the Foo Fighters at Fenway Park. We are up above in the club seats so that's an awesome spot for the show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2018, 04:17:33 AM »
Shoutout to Ghost! Don't really like their music apart from a couple songs, but they put up an amazing show last Saturday!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2018, 05:16:58 AM »
I've heard of them for the first time a few weeks ago. I have to check them out.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2018, 08:31:55 AM »
Shoutout to Ghost! Don't really like their music apart from a couple songs, but they put up an amazing show last Saturday!

Yea, especially for a band that's sort of thrown together.  As in, those guys haven't been playing together for a terribly long time, but they come across really well as a band, like you would never know the Ghouls have been shifted in/out between the last couple years.  They are a good live band, I'm thinking of seeing them at the end of the year.

My buddy had 2 extra tickets for the Foo Fighters at Fenway Park. We are up above in the club seats so that's an awesome spot for the show.

That's sick

Debating about going to the Pixies and Weezer concert Friday night.  It's local and should be able to get a cheap ticket day of.  The GF has plans so I may not have much else going on so why not.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #296 on: July 17, 2018, 04:10:03 AM »
Seeing Pain of Salvation in September.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2018, 05:15:37 AM »
Just saw foo fighters yesterday.

Coheed and Cambria on Saturday and Five Finger Death Punch in August.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2018, 08:58:10 AM »
Weighing going to see Thank You Scientist tomorrow night. Kind of a pain to go all the way into Brooklyn on a Wednesday, so trying to find out when TYS goes on so I can guess when I might get home.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2018, 01:26:17 PM »

Based on the reviews I should have stayed till the end. I wasn't in the mood to wait 2 hours after Overkill as I find most of the Ghost songs pretty boring.

I was very happy to see Leprous and Vuur. Already got my tickets for Leprous with Agent Fresco in september. Smaller venue which suits their music way better.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2018, 04:56:04 PM »
Think I'll add Summer Slaughter to my list, Allegeon, Erra, Born of Osiris and BtBaM should be an ear splitting evening.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2018, 03:41:47 AM »
What kind of band name is Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs? :lol

I was liking "Death and the Penguin" as a band name too.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »

Yea, especially for a band that's sort of thrown together.  As in, those guys haven't been playing together for a terribly long time, but they come across really well as a band, like you would never know the Ghouls have been shifted in/out between the last couple years.  They are a good live band, I'm thinking of seeing them at the end of the year.

That's sick

Debating about going to the Pixies and Weezer concert Friday night.  It's local and should be able to get a cheap ticket day of.  The GF has plans so I may not have much else going on so why not.

On my love hate music meter, Weezer is up there on the love side.  The Pixies are my most hated band of all time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »
Never heard of the Pixies, my gf and I youtubed a few songs and both agreed we aren't interested  :lol but we are definitely planning on going tonight.  I saw Weezer last year at Red Rocks for the first time and thought they were solid.  Brought back memories of childhood when I loved them.  However, since I don't really follow them, I didn't realize they had a very popular cover of Africa recently and it was brought on by a girl trolling them on twitter  :lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQyeO3_1ec  They close the set with this before the encore, I'm actually really excited to see it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2018, 09:48:10 AM »
Did you know they trolled her back by releasing a cover of Toto's Rosanna first before releasing Africa? :lol

My first time seeing Weezer was with No Doubt opening in 1996.  What a great double bill.  That was also for Tragic Kingdom which is a fantastic album.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
I really could never get into No Doubt even though they were music right up my alley especially for back then.  That was a pretty cool line up though

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »
So far:
2018-02-03 – Rausch and Echoes at Ardmore Music Hall in Ardmore
2018-02-15 – Eden at Chicago in Allentown
2018-02-22 - Neal Morse (solo) at Sellersville Theater in Sellersville
2018-04-25 - Steven Wilson at Keswick in Glenside
2018-04-28 - Steven Wilson at Playstation Theater in NYC 
2018-04-29 - Steven Wilson at Playstation Theater in NYC 
2018-05-04 - District 97 and Brand X at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-05 - Cell15, Perfect Beings, Barock Project, and Threshold at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-06 - Valdez, Lines in the Sky, Flor de Loto, Special Providence, and PFM at Majestic Theater in Gettysburg
2018-05-13 - Valdez and 3rDegree at Roxy and Dukes in Dunellen
2018-05-25 – Thank You Scientist, Lor, and Hungry Ghost at Milkboy in Philadelphia
2018-06-02 – MindMaze at Steel Pub in Bethlehem
2018-07-13 – Deafening Opera, Retrospective, Antimatter, Threshold, Riverside, and Big Big Train at Night of the Prog in Lorelei
2018-07-14 – Smalltape, Rikard Sjoblom's Gungfly, Wobbler, Long Distance Calling, Mystery, The Sea Within, and Camel at Night of the Prog in Lorelei

And tentatively upcoming:
2018-08-04 – Outside the Wall at Riverside in Easton
2018-09-07 – Manimal, Persefone, Bloodbound, Labyrinth, Redemption, and Sons of Apollo at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta
2018-10-05 – Orpheus Nine, In Continuum, and Michael Sadler at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-06 – IQ at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-07 – IZZ, Evership, Mystery, and Jobson Plays UK at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-11-02 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Underground Arts in Philadelphia
2018-11-03 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Highline Ballroom in NYC
2018-11-04 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at The Sinclair in Boston
2018-12-01 – Haken, Leprous, and Bent Knee at Bottom Lounge in Chicago
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2018, 03:00:31 PM »
Damn, Avenged Sevenfold cancelled their tour due to the singer having health issues with his vocal cords.   :sadpanda:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »
That sucks, the entire tour?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2018, 10:27:02 PM »
Two nights of Morsefest in less than two months!

And then I will see Roger Hodgson in the middle of November, and then Haken a few weeks later.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
That sucks, the entire tour?

Yup, no singing for 3 months for M Shadows

Weezer was a blast last night, good times.  I got a song (In the Garage) but was more of a social event than a concert viewing show last night so didn't really bust out the camera much at all. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
2018-10-05 – Orpheus Nine, In Continuum, and Michael Sadler at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-06 – IQ at ProgStock in Rahway
2018-10-07 – IZZ, Evership, Mystery, and Jobson Plays UK at ProgStock in Rahway

Are you skipping Enchant?  Is that when you're doing your other schtick?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
I'm seeing Marah in the mainsail next Friday, the Family Crest a week or so after that and Blue October in October.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »
About to head over to my local amphitheater for the Twins of Evil tour with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson.  I was able to snag an awesome seat for super cheap and am pretty excited to see the show now (I had a super cheap lawn seat that I sold and got my money back to upgrade myself, especially if it rains tonight).  I've never been a Manson fan, but interested in seeing his set, and also kind of dig Zombie's live show.  His songs are mostly miss for me, but his live show includes the songs I do like and his performance and presentation are usually top notch (including John 5 on guitar) so I am excited.  They are also doing a Beatles cover (Helter Skelter) together that should be interesting.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
Just bought my tickets to see Caligula's Horse/Circles/I Built the Sky. Fucking bargain for £13!