Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34334 times)

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »
I saw Death Cab For Cutie last saturday at the Amsterdamse Bos Theater which was really amazing  :angel: I don't think I've ever gotten so much goosebumps during an encore, but I Will Follow You Into The Dark and Soul Meets Body were absolutely stunning. The location, an outdoor theater place in a small forest, was really beautiful as well and really added to the atmosphere.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2018, 08:27:16 AM »

So I just won 6 weekend passes to this festival. I mean I've been a fan of Crowbar (but never seen them live) for years. Seeing Elder and Stoned Jesus will totally be worth it as well. Just need to round up some of the boys for this  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2018, 09:09:55 AM »
"Doom vs Stoner" sounds interesting  :lol never heard of any of those bands, but thats cool you won tickets, and 6 too.

Speaking of winning tickets, I just won a pair to see Poison, Cheap Trick, and Pop Evil this Saturday night.   :metal  I'll check that out

Last week, I caught two of the co-headlining shows of Def Leppard and Journey.  First at MSG, I had such a good time that I decided to go again in NJ.  They swapped nights headlining so it was really cool to experience both scenarios.  The setlists didn't change, both got about an hour and half which felt like I got great value on my tickets to see both bands like that.  Most people I spoke to seemed to agree Def Leppard had the better show, but I left more of a Journey fan than I was before.  Being I wasn't too into them, I didn't really care that they don't have Perry anymore, Arnel could sing.  And he sung perfectly.  I liked him a lot actually as a front man.  Great energy.  I'll also say I Joe Elliot sounds fantastic still.  He may have sounded better than I ever remember out of the 4 times I've seen them. 

I combined video footage from both nights into one really long live video featuring both bands
Journey and Def Leppard Live @ MSG & Prudential Center

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2018, 09:35:15 AM »
Also, a friend has just invited me to go see Mono with him. I've only heard the odd song but I am familiar. Tickets are only £15, so I'm currently listening to a load of their music to see if I'll pull the trigger, I probably will.

I know there are Mono fans floating about on here, best album to start on? I'm going to listen to the live album they did with an orchestra as that shit is right up my alley.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
I remember the one time I won tix on the radio, called in to answer the question "Name 2 bands Steve Howe played for?" and I answered Yes and GTR. DJ broke my balls for answering with the most obscure Steve Howe band possible :lol

Still got to see Crue, Anthrax and Megadeth for free though...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
That's pretty awesome.

The amphitheater near me posts on facebook for poor selling events to enter a contest to win a pair of tickets.  Just have to put your name in on facebook and I've won every single time.  I'm not even sure if it's a draw, or they just give tickets to anyone who puts in.  I've seen a bunch of concerts by just waiting till they post the "contest". 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2018, 09:02:19 PM »
I saw Death Cab For Cutie last saturday at the Amsterdamse Bos Theater which was really amazing  :angel: I don't think I've ever gotten so much goosebumps during an encore, but I Will Follow You Into The Dark and Soul Meets Body were absolutely stunning. The location, an outdoor theater place in a small forest, was really beautiful as well and really added to the atmosphere.

Nice!  I love me some Death Cab. :coolio :hat

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:31 AM »
Also, a friend has just invited me to go see Mono with him. I've only heard the odd song but I am familiar. Tickets are only £15, so I'm currently listening to a load of their music to see if I'll pull the trigger, I probably will.

I know there are Mono fans floating about on here, best album to start on? I'm going to listen to the live album they did with an orchestra as that shit is right up my alley.
Oh yeah! Saw them 2 years ago with Alcest, their show is mesmerizing. Check out Hymn to the Immortal Wind (Burial At Sea into Silent Flight, Sleeping Dawn is my favourite MONO stuff) or Requiem for Hell (most consistent MONO album imo).

Yesterday met up with Nachtmerrie and worked at Arch Echo / Mestis / Plini, had the perfect view in the dead center back behind the bar, and the show was even better than Plini's concert here last year, loved it. Always fun to meet up with DTFers too, nice to mee you Nachtmerrie :tup

That festival line-up looks awesome luke, let me know if you have a spare ticket :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2018, 03:51:41 AM »
That festival line-up looks awesome luke, let me know if you have a spare ticket :lol

At this point I have 5 spare tickets!  :lol I've put the feelers out with friends but no one has bitten my arm off for one, yet.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »

Oh yeah! Saw them 2 years ago with Alcest, their show is mesmerizing. Check out Hymn to the Immortal Wind (Burial At Sea into Silent Flight, Sleeping Dawn is my favourite MONO stuff) or Requiem for Hell (most consistent MONO album imo).

Yesterday met up with Nachtmerrie and worked at Arch Echo / Mestis / Plini, had the perfect view in the dead center back behind the bar, and the show was even better than Plini's concert here last year, loved it. Always fun to meet up with DTFers too, nice to mee you Nachtmerrie :tup

Yup. Great show and very nice to meet you for a beer before the show! Thanks again ;)

Plini was awesome and I really liked Arch Echo interesting. Already bookmarked the album on Spotify

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
Saw Bent Knee last night and they were amazing. Small turnout as I expected but they rocked the place off.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »
So here in the UK, Damnation Festival have announced their line up. So far only four bands announced but as two of them are Ihsahn and The Ocean there is no way I'm missing this! Fuck, two of my favourite discoveries in the last few years. Looking forward to see who else they announce.

So Damnation Festival have just added new bands to the line up. As it stands we have:

• Ihsahn
  • The Ocean
  • Ne Obliviscaris
  • Rosetta
  • Caligula's Horse

Plus a host of others! Going to be pretty intense.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »
Awesome 3 concert weekend for me last weekend.

Got home from work Thursday and was bored, so got a $10 (after fees) seat on stubhub for 30 Seconds to Mars.  Not really into them, and wasn't a huge fan of their show although their fans were quite loud singers and that was cool, but the music wasn't for me.  However, 10 bucks for an evening of entertainment, can't complain.  I just didn't like how the singer had the left half of the stage and the rest of the band had the right.  While he ran around in a cape.  I did like Jared Leto in in Requiem for a Dream though.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - This is War

Friday I had to rush home as work was hectic, but got home in time to meet my gf and head over to the Lynyrd Skynyrd show.  Their farewell tour just started and we snagged VIP seats (just center seats 25 rows back with waiter server) below face value on stubhub.  We got there and went to the VIP lounge to grab drinks before heading to our seats, and we ran into my brothers friends dad who has season VIP tickets.  After talking a bit, he gave me his number and an offer to take his tickets for Poison, Cheap Trick, and Pop Evil on Saturday.  Hell yea.  Anyway, Skynyrd was awesome.  My gf loved it as well.  They had a horn section which I absolutely love and while the singer looked a bit out of it, the performance was top notch. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center

Saturday was the third night in the same venue, and I got there early to see the whole show.  The place was empty, with 4 VIP tickets for myself (couldn't find anyone to give them too) I figured I'd give someone a free upgrade once I got in  :lol but there was no one around.  Anyway, I walked right to the barrier since no one was up front.  I rocked out fairly alone with Pop Evil as people started coming in and went back to my seat half way through their set.  I was not familiar with them before, but thought they were pretty solid.  Singer reminded me of JSS, he came into the crowd for the last song and I got a hand shake as he walked past me.   By then people had started to come so it wasn't so awkward playing such a large empty venue.  Cheap Trick came on next and were fun.  I'm not a huge fan honestly, but really was looking forward to seeing such a historic rock band.  They had a good show and we got a special set of songs.  They did a Terry Reid cover song and brought Terry Reid on stage to sing it.  I have no idea who he is, but thought it was cool and they said they've never performed with him before so it seemed unique and fun.  Headliners were Poison and I had a few people chilling with me now in my seats.  This guy looked like Sal from Impractical Jokers  :lol Anyway, Poison was really fun.  Crowd was totally into it.  They looked like they were having a lot of fun too.  Bret Michaels comes off so well live, with his fan interaction and what he says between songs, including dedicating the concert to Vinnie Paul, as well as to his father who was in attendance (and came on stage at one point).   They ended with a cover of Kiss's Rock'n'roll All Night with the singer of Pop Evil. 

Poison, Cheap Trick, & Pop Evil Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center

Next up is more classic rock with Foreigner, Whitesnake, and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience at the same venue this Saturday

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2018, 02:30:24 AM »
Updated:

17 July - Pearl Jam
7 Aug - Iron Maiden
7 Sept - Lee Ann Womack
28 Sept - Halestorm
8 Dec - Nightwish
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2018, 05:10:04 AM »
So here is my updated list right now:

July 29 - Ludovico Einaudi
August 5 - Live/Counting Crows
November 20 - Seven Lions
November 30 - Kaki King

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »

Might check this one out as well when they come to town.  Used to love Live as a kid and never seen them before.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2018, 06:08:07 PM »
Yea I'm really looking forward to seeing live. I was a big fan when I was younger too. They had some solid albums.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
Woot.  Found the groupon deal for this one.

Evanescence and Lindsey Stirling - Fivepoint Amphitheater, Irvine, CA - September 1st.

I would absolutely not bought a ticket through Ticketmaster at the 300 sections for $65.00 (fees included), but I certainly would at $39.00.  I don't mind Evanescence, but I really wanted to see Lindsey Stirling.  Plus, it gives me an excuse to head out and drive to another city on a Saturday, so I'm cool with that.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2018, 06:36:00 AM »
I was interested in seeing that show as well, but my plans had to change when work made me book a business trip, which sucks because I am also missing the 311/Offspring show that I have tickets for, but my gf and I are going to catch that show in Philly instead. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2018, 06:45:56 AM »
Aug 14 - Taylor Swift

Have to see if anyone else is swinging by my neck of the woods. Already missed Between The Buried And Me twice and deeply regretting it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2018, 06:52:08 AM »

Might check this one out as well when they come to town.  Used to love Live as a kid and never seen them before.

Man I saw that exact tour back in 2001 ish?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »

Man I saw that exact tour back in 2001 ish?!

I did think this tour happened before  :lol but so did the Journey/Def Leppard tour.  I guess if it worked then it may still work now  :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
Bought my tickets to see Coheed and Cambria in October  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »
Both bands were awesome live.  I saw Live in the Boston Orpheum and it was an amazing show.

Journey I saw with Foreigner 99 ish I think.  It all blurs together these days.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2018, 07:06:26 PM »
Both bands were awesome live.  I saw Live in the Boston Orpheum and it was an amazing show.

Journey I saw with Foreigner 99 ish I think.  It all blurs together these days.  :lol

:metal and I'll be seeing Foreigner tomorrow

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2018, 09:24:13 PM »
I'm pissed at myself for not getting Metallica tickets sooner. I wasn't sure if I was going to go and now that I do want to go they are crazy expensive.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »
I'm pissed at myself for not getting Metallica tickets sooner. I wasn't sure if I was going to go and now that I do want to go they are crazy expensive.
I thought they were crazy expensive at the start. :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
So ArcTangent Festival have added more bands to their line up today:

Not sure I can really miss this!

So I just decided to get tickets for this. I just got a Friday/Saturday ticket but it's going to be awesome. Gutted I miss And So I Watch You From Afar and Boss Keloid on Thursday! However, I'm proper excited to see:

Anathema
Glassjaw
Leprous
Zeal & Ardor
Pelican
Vennart
Poly-Math
Arcane Roots
Alcest
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Black Peaks
Plini
Mol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »
Damn Pelican! I"ve always wanted to see them live.

I'm excited to see Ludovico Einaudi Tuesday.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2018, 08:44:40 AM »
What kind of band name is Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs? :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2018, 09:06:15 AM »

So I just decided to get tickets for this. I just got a Friday/Saturday ticket but it's going to be awesome. Gutted I miss And So I Watch You From Afar and Boss Keloid on Thursday! However, I'm proper excited to see:

Anathema
Glassjaw
Leprous
Zeal & Ardor
Pelican
Vennart
Poly-Math
Arcane Roots
Alcest
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Black Peaks
Plini
Mol
Man, I swear I would join you if I had the money, this is the best festival line-up I have seen in a long time. Gonna move to Berlin in August so I need to save up some dough. Also took part in a contest to win some free tickets, if I would have won that I was totally down to pay travel costs but I lost :'(

My next show(s) are on the 14th (technically also the morning of the 15th) of July. Going to 2 festivals on the same day:

Dynamo Metal Fest: Ghost, Ministry, TBA (Sons of Apollo originally but they just canceled), Overkill, Annihilator, Leprous, I Am Morbid, Iron Reagan, Elephant

Kliko Fest (19:00 - 06:00 punk/rock festival):

Really just there to see Fidlar
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2018, 09:16:20 AM »
Saw what was mostly a cover band concert last weekend.  It was Foreigner, Whitesnake, and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin.  So why was it a cover concert?  Out of the three bands there are only 2 original members combined  :lol  Anyway, JBLZ was pretty solid.  Sounded exactly like LZ.  Jason had some nice words between sets, but kept saying this was his "spare time" gig which kind of felt pretentious.  Anyway, people were totally into it even though the place was mostly empty for their set.  Heard lots of people vocally mad Whitesnake wasn't the opener.  But come on, Whitesnake at least has David Coverdale.... who looks like an old lady.  They were the band I wanted to see the most and felt they were the worst of the three.  Coverdales' voice is shot.  He has no power behind it and the rest of the band sung most of the words with him to give him that power I guess.  He souded fine sometimes, but kind of felt like a lackluster performance.  I should add the heat was BRUTAL for this concert.  Just brutal.  I wouldn't be surprised if it played a role in their performance.  The sun was still out for almost their entire set.  Anyway, they weren't bad, just felt like they lacked a real punch.  Here I Go again really did sound great live, but the rest of the set was short but solid.  Then Foreigner came on and the blew the roof off the place.  Got to say, their singer was fantastic.  Similar to seeing Journey a couple weeks ago, the newer singer sounds like the original but still has all the range and power.  Really loved their set and I wasn't a huge fan going into this, but they won me over.  They had a sex, a flute, singing in the crowd, fireworks, a choir for one song.... it's like they pulled out all the strings for this show and I loved it.

Foreigner, Whitesnake, & JBLZ LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center

next up is Angry Orchards Rock the Roots festival Saturday at Mount Snow in Vermont, lots of reggae/hip hop/rock music which is going to be super fun and chill.  They released the set times and all bands get at least an hour starting early and ending late

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »

Anathema
Glassjaw
Leprous
Zeal & Ardor
Pelican
Vennart
Poly-Math
Arcane Roots
Alcest
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Black Peaks
Plini
Mol
Man, I swear I would join you if I had the money, this is the best festival line-up I have seen in a long time. Gonna move to Berlin in August so I need to save up some dough. Also took part in a contest to win some free tickets, if I would have won that I was totally down to pay travel costs but I lost :'(

My next show(s) are on the 14th (technically also the morning of the 15th) of July. Going to 2 festivals on the same day:

Dynamo Metal Fest: Ghost, Ministry, TBA (Sons of Apollo originally but they just canceled), Overkill, Annihilator, Leprous, I Am Morbid, Iron Reagan, Elephant

Kliko Fest (19:00 - 06:00 punk/rock festival):

Really just there to see Fidlar

Hope we get a decent replacement for Sons of Apollo. Just saw they are also playing at Progpower Europe in October so hope to catch them there.

Bought my tickets for Progressive Alliance in Eindhoven (Effenaar) in november. You might be interesed as Ne Obliviscaris and Ihsahn are headlining.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2018, 02:25:17 PM »
I was very interested in that! But unfortunately I won't be in The Netherlands at that time. Buuut the band I told you about managing the record label I'll be working at in Berlin also plays there, so if I'm lucky I get to join them on this trip and go see some Dutch friends at that show :D

But yeah, that line-up is amazing! Ihsahn and Ne Obliviscaris are the two names of bands I love on that line-up but have yet to see live. The Ocean, Rosetta and Astrosaur are all great live I can assure you!

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2018, 05:17:33 PM »
Make sure you check out The Dwarves at that Kliko Fest, great band!

Shame you can't make it to ArcTangent dude, it really is a great line up. Unfortunately most of my friends don't know a single band on the line up. I've managed to convince a few to come though (who do know one or two bands).