Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34312 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2018, 07:01:38 AM »
I didn't become a fan until after he joined Kamelot, but it kind of came off as a band that didn't tour much anyway so I kind of assumed my only chance would be at a progpower show.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2018, 07:11:58 AM »
I don't know, maybe they'll at least do some shows in Sweden. I don't think they're going to do the US tour, yeah, but their home country tour seems reasonable and I can afford travelling to Sweden for a few days. :)
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:34 AM »
I don't know, maybe they'll at least do some shows in Sweden. I don't think they're going to do the US tour, yeah, but their home country tour seems reasonable and I can afford travelling to Sweden for a few days. :)

That would be sick, hope that works out

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »
Seeing Myrkur today, not sure what to expect as I'm not a huge black metal fan, but hey, I'm sure it'll be a cool experience.

Well.... it depends I guess on what musicians she brings along.
She does both more folky shows and heavy shows.

I have all her albums/eps and love them. There is a lot of folk and choral music in her black metal.

Only seen her once as support for Opeth. Acoustic show with just her and a backing vocalist.... was fantastic

Hope you enjoy the show

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2018, 07:22:12 AM »
Seeing Myrkur today, not sure what to expect as I'm not a huge black metal fan, but hey, I'm sure it'll be a cool experience.

Well.... it depends I guess on what musicians she brings along.
She does both more folky shows and heavy shows.

I have all her albums/eps and love them. There is a lot of folk and choral music in her black metal.

Only seen her once as support for Opeth. Acoustic show with just her and a backing vocalist.... was fantastic

Hope you enjoy the show

I'd love to pick some of her albums if they're at the merch stand, we'll see. :tup

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2018, 03:03:06 PM »
Holy shit! That was outstanding. I didn't get any of her albums, there were none at the merch stand... they had all the vinyls though, but I have no use for vinyls. However I did get a shirt.

The show was fantastic though! The sound was just right, I didn't even have to use earplugs, it was awesome. It's been a long while when I actually visited any gig without knowing a lot of artist's music, but this time it all worked out. I loved the gig and I loved her vocals and I loved the music. That was a fantastic experience.

Not only the show was great, but Amalie and other musicians also went into the crowd after the show, signing stuff. I didn't have anything to sign (no CDs at the merch stand, and you can hardly sign a t-shirt, so I only had a ticket, but that's boring as hell)—and I actually managed to approach the band, proudly told Amalie exactly that, I don't have anything to sign, and signing the ticket is boring, but hey, I have that Joe Abercrombie's Best Served Cold book here, would you actually mind signing it? And now I have one copy of Best Served Cold signed by Amalie Bruun. :lol

Here's me trying to hide the total bewilderment that it's actually happening:

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2018, 03:16:29 PM »
Great to hear.... I sure hope to get to catch Myrkur again and in a heavier setting...
She has become a huge favorite in the recent years.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »
Oh yeah, the setting was heavy enough, there were guys with electric guitars and all. They opened with The Serpent (which has some electric guitar riffs alright) and there was also Maneblot (which is pretty heavy) and overall there were a lot of heavy songs I would say (I don't know anything beyond Serpent, Ulvinde and Maneblot). :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »

Then Sunday I bought a second hand ticket for the sold out Primus and Mastadon show at the Red Rocks.  I overpaid, but I had a good seat and honestly just wanted to experience another concert at this absolutely gorgeous venue.  I don't think I could say enough good things about seeing a concert here, from the view to the people who attend the shows, just everything is awesome.  I made some friends with the people near me which is always nice when you go solo.  Just some great smells everytime a gust of wind blew  :hat  :lol  Mastadon was a bit of a letdown, I figured I'd like them more than Primus as they are more of the type of music I generally like, but the sound for them was crap (you can see/hear that in my video).  I felt kind of uninterested since it sounded so poorly.  I did chill near the top of the venue for half their set and then made my way to my actual seat which did have better sound there, but nothing great for Mastadon.  The end of their set as the day turned into night was much more interesting, but I felt right when I started really digging them their set ended.  Then came Primus who is a bit odd musically.  I don't know how to describe them, but that BASS wow.  Really awesome sound and musicianship.  They had a cool light show as well.  The place was really rocking for them.  I thought they were really enjoyable live.  They seemed to fit right in with the setting as well.  I was offered shrooms by a 60 year old man and his wife.  I passed, but thought it was hilarious.  Guy was super nice and was trying to give me a treat for my first Primus show  :lol  I asked him to watch my beer as I went to the bathroom.  He was so happy I asked him to do that, he thought my trust in him for watching the beer meant a lot.  I don't think anyone has ever been so happy to hold a beer before (well I put it down on a stand really).  He did joke that he put the shrooms into my drink though which made me a bit uneasy drinking the rest of it but I kind of actually trusted him back.
I think the awesome smells and bad sound go hand in hand. Wind circles around in that place and can really murder the acoustics. That could also vary quite a bit based on where you sit. One show it wasn't all that bad. Another show Alex Lifeson's guitar would come and go at random, and when it went it was gone. The other thing I've found is that the venue itself is somewhat overwhelming. You can spend more time marveling at your surroundings than you do minding the show. Still, I'd never pass up an opportunity to see a show there, and it's something everybody should do.

And you were probably right to pass on the shrooms. They're a bit too unpredictable to do in a random, public setting. LSD on the other hand. . .
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Updating for our second attempt for Roger Clyne, albeit a bit of a different show. Wife begged for it and bothered me while I was trying to get home from my business trip in Vegas yesterday. Totally forgot it was Mother's Day on Sunday so that took care of itself nicely.

Feb. 19th - The Dead Deads at Beat Kitchen
Feb. 23rd - Machine Head at Concord Music Hall
March 3rd - Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers at Subterranean (missed)
May 16th - Halestorm / In This Moment / New Years Day at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford
July 19th - Roger Clyne (solo acoustic) at City Winery Chicago
August 18th - Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2018, 01:08:41 AM »
Promise and the Monster added to the bill on Progressive Circus 2018

Seen so far:

2018-02-26 - Stockholm, Circus - Steven Wilson

2018-03-24 - Gothenburg, Concert hall, Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with Jennie Abrahamson & Malin Dahlström - A tribute to Kate Bush

2018-04-06 Malmö, Palladium - Peter Hammill

Concerts booked so far:

2018-06-05 Stockholm, Södra Teatern - Neal Morse

2018-07-05 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson
2018-07-06 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson

2018-08-18 - Stockholm, Friends Arena - Roger Waters

2018-09-29 Malmö, Palladium - Progressive Circus 2018 (VUUR, iamthemorning, Anneke van Giersbergen, Merit Hemmingsson, Promise and the Monster )
One day festival with 4, no scratch that... 5 artists bands.

2018-10-07 Stockholm, Fryshuset - Moon Safari, Fish

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2018, 04:44:28 AM »
Should be an interesting concert weekend. Tonight is Sons of Apollo and tomorrow is the punk rock arena concert of the original Misfits line up.  I really have no idea what to expect for the Misfits show.  I think it's going to be fairly terrible from a music perspective, but I may witness one of the biggest mosh pits I'll ever see.

And on the topic of that show comes the no camera / no phone policy.  This concert will be the toughest I have seen.  Here is the policy from the Prudential Center website:
*** No cellphones, smart watches, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at The Original Misfits’ upcoming shows.

Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show. Guests maintain possession of their phones throughout the night, and if needed, may access their phones at designated Yondr unlocking stations in the lobby. All guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process. Anyone caught with a cellphone in the venue will be immediately ejected. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience.

Most people on social media have said this rule is due to the terrible music performance from the Misfits.  May be true.  But should be interesting as I've not experienced a "Yondr" show before. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2018, 07:20:28 AM »
I forgot to post, I went to see Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium in Pittsburgh on Monday.

I'm not into Bullet, but I really like Trivium, got offered free tickets, so why not? Opening band was Toothgrinder, I had never heard them before and I really liked their set. I'll be checking out their records.

Trivium played next, probably did about a 45 minute set. Really tight. The band sounded great, the sound was a little muddy at the beginning, but got better. Matt is definitely going easy on his voice, some of his higher register singing you can really tell he's being super careful.

Good set -

The Sin and the Sentence
Throes of Perdition
Betrayer
Until the World Goes Cold
Strife
The Heart From Your Hate
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
Capsizing the Sea
In Waves

Then Bullet came on, my buddy and I stayed for about 5 songs and called it a night. They aren't bad, I'm just not really super into them and I had to work the next day. Overall, for free tickets I can't complain - pretty good night.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »
Toothgrinder are great! They blended a bit more traditional rock/metal into their last record but the album before that was more metalcore, curious which side of them showed the most in their set.

Also saw Trivium recently (bit more than 2 months ago), what struck me is that Matt honestly seems like one of the happiest frontmen in metal ever, so awesome to see him smiling all the time! And I was super happy to hear Pull Harder, that's the song that got me into the band and looking at previous setlists it didn't look like they played it an awful lot.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2018, 07:39:48 AM »
Toothgrinder are great! They blended a bit more traditional rock/metal into their last record but the album before that was more metalcore, curious which side of them showed the most in their set.

Yeah I really liked their set, I will check out their records for sure. They sounded fantastic live.

Also saw Trivium recently (bit more than 2 months ago), what struck me is that Matt honestly seems like one of the happiest frontmen in metal ever, so awesome to see him smiling all the time! And I was super happy to hear Pull Harder, that's the song that got me into the band and looking at previous setlists it didn't look like they played it an awful lot.

I'd agree with as well, Matt seemed super happy. I forgot to mention - this was the first time I've seen them with Alex on drums, that dude is insanely good. I hope he stays around in the band longer than the last couple drummers. His performance on the new record is killer, but seeing him live cemented how good he really is in my mind.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:32 AM »
Adding Leprous with Agent Fresco to my list for September :hefdaddy
I don't think there's band I'd like to see more right now (maybe Seventh Wonder) and it's super cheap :)
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
Scorpions w/special guest Queenryche Sept 5th at Comerica Theatre in Phx, AZ.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »
First concert in awhile but I'm seeing Spoon with Grizzly Bear on 6/19 in Port Chester, NY.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »
Getting hella pumped for Orphaned Land tomorrow night, they impressed the hell out of me last year. As to the other bands, I checked out some Tyr and it seems to be decent viking metal, always entertaining. Ghost Ship Octavius and Aeternem are getting a blind listen from me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »
Crazy juxtaposition of concerts this past weekend. 

Friday night was Sons of Apollo.  Not even half filled GA theater, but the band came out on fire.  I enjoyed their debut album, but didn't love it.  Felt Jeff Scott Soto wasn't my thing there, but boy did he change my mind live.  He was amazing, not sure vocally, but dancing on stage, doing a shot in the crowd, singing without the mic, he just showed he is a good front man.  Also, Bumblefoot blew me away.  His JPP playing was also spot on.  These guys were true show men and they played for about 2 hours.  For $35 at the door, I felt I got my money's worth easily.,  Also the sound was fantastic in the venue, could hear everything crystal clear and the guys played about as perfect of a performance as you can expect.  I was a borderline fan who kind of expected a good show from this group of musicians, but I was turned into a fan and my expectations were surpassed.

Sons of Apollo Live at Playstation Theater New York City NY 5/19/18

Then Friday night was the original Misfits reunion show in their home of New Jersey.  They've done a few of these reunion shows over the last couple years, but not near where it all began.  First time in over 30 years, Glenn Danzig, Jerry Only, and Doyle playing together in NJ (also with Dave Lombardo on drums).  The concert sold out immediately and my ticket for dead center... in the very last row of the arena, was I think around $120.  Floor in the pit was $250 face value.  It was just insane pricing.  They also made everyone when entering the arena to put your phone in a locked pouch as it was supposed to be a phone free event.  That made things a bit interesting.  Anyone who wanted, was able to get their phone out regardless and the enforcement was fine as I found DT's TA show with the ushers to be way worse.  I don't recall an usher saying a word to anyone who had their phone out of the pouch.  Either way, the experience was pretty cool as it was one of the "darkest" concerts I can recall going to in recent memory. 

As for the performance...  :lol I'll give the guys props for putting it all out on the line.  Looked like everyone was really trying and having a blast performing this stuff (maybe the last time? they kind of left on an odd note of saying it could have been it).  From the last row, and without any video screens, I couldn't really see the guys that well, just figures running around on stage.... and the sound... where do I begin?  It was probably the worst sounding show I've ever attended.  I couldn't hear the vocals clearly at all.  In between songs Danzig would rant but it sounded like mish mash.  Everyonne around me was pretty mellow during the performance.  You could pretty much only tell the songs once the crowd started singing along.  That was pretty awesome though, 20k people singing along to all the Misfits classics.  Plus I had a nice view of the very large circle pit on the NJ Devils home floor  :lol

Misfits (Original Line Up) - Live at Sold Out Prudential Center, Newark NJ 5/19/18

It's just funny how these two concerts, completely opposite types of venues/crowd/music/performance.  Both offered something different and unique, but boy did the Misfits make Sons of Apollo come off like they were actually Van Halen  :lol 

Vacation tomorrow and when I come back the next concert is Slayer/Lamb of God/Anthrax/Behemoth/Testament June 2nd :metal

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2018, 02:55:31 PM »
I put this link in the Kate Bush thread but I guess it's better to put it here.

This is a stream of the whole Kate Bush tribute concert that I saw on the 24th of March in Gothenburg. A totally magical evening.... sat on row 2 (stood for Jig of Life so I see myself in the video).

It is the Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with two lead singers (Jennie Abrahamsson and Malin Dahlström), a choir and a band. Doing a wonderful interpretation of Kate Bush music.

Enjoy:
https://www.gso.se/gsoplay/klipp/hyllning-kate-bush/

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2018, 05:23:08 AM »
Just got my tickets to see Leprous/Agent Fresco in September! So pumped for this. I've only seen Leprous once and they were first support when I saw Devin Townsend play. Can't wait to see them headline, and having Agent Fresco support is an amazing bonus, as Destrier has been kicking my ass recently  :metal

I've also put in holiday requests, at work, so I can see Pain of Salvation, Slayer and also go to ArcTangent and Damnation festivals! Fingers crossed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2018, 08:14:34 AM »
I wasn't really that interested in heading into NYC to see them when they announced this tour, but they just added a new show at the venue in my backyard so I think I'll check this tour out since I've never seen them live before and really loved Mellon Collie when I was younger:

August 2nd - Smashing Pumpkins @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

also tomorrow, it's supposed to rain which will really dampen the fun, but....

June 2nd - Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Testament, Behemoth @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ  :metal :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2018, 12:14:36 PM »
My job has given everyone the week of July 4th off this year.  Pretty awesome.  Anyway, was talking to the GF and trying to figure out something to do, and we both came to an agreement that going to this reggae festival would be a lot of fun up at a ski resort in Vermont.  So I think I can add this to my concert calendar:

July 7th - Angry Orchards Rock the Roots w Sublime w Rome, Dirty Heads, Lupe Fiasco, Pepper & Matisyahu @ Mount Snow, Dover VT

That's a lot of stoner music for one day with a cider festival and lawn games to go with it.  Oh, and Vermont will have made recreational marijuana legal July 1st so that's going to be one smelly event  :lol  I've seen 4/5 of these bands before and they are always fun.  I don't think I've ever heard of Lupe Fiasco.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »
Woah... just realized I edited and didn't actually do a new post! How did I even do that????

That Angry Orchards fest looks fun!

Been a while since I updated...  got quite a bit on the "possible attendance" list but just not sure yet.

2018-01-20 Unwritten Law
2018-01-31 Anti-Flag
2018-04-24 Less Than Jake/Face to Face
2018-04-29 Sum 41
2018-05-05 Sabroso Festival (Offspring, Pennywise and more)
2018-05-27 Subhumans

2018-06-19 New Found Glory
2018-08-12 Coheed and Cambria/Taking Back Sunday
Haven't decided yet for this one - 2018-09-11 Social Distortion
Still a maybe for this one - 2018-09-12 O.A.R
2018-09-15 Rise Against, AFI, Anti-Flag @ Red Rocks, because FUCK YEAH!
2018-09-30 Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl 20th Anniversary Tour
Not sure about this one either - 2018-10-25 Agent Orange & UK Subs

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »
Looking forward to Neal Morse next week. Will be my first seated show since The Astonishing last year.

Still thinking about Plini & Mestis the week after. It will be a trip for one on a weekday but I'm really into instrumental prog/djent recently.

July is offering Dynamo Metal Fest with Sons of Apollo and Leprous. Rest of the line-up is mosty trash & death and Ghost will be headlining (which will problably cause an early exit)

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2018, 04:50:43 AM »
Looking forward to Neal Morse next week. Will be my first seated show since The Astonishing last year.

Still thinking about Plini & Mestis the week after. It will be a trip for one on a weekday but I'm really into instrumental prog/djent recently.

July is offering Dynamo Metal Fest with Sons of Apollo and Leprous. Rest of the line-up is mosty trash & death and Ghost will be headlining (which will problably cause an early exit)
Can put you on the guestlist for Plini if you want, maybe it'll carry you over! I'm working at the Plini show, he's super entertaining live, definitely consider it.

Also going to Dynamo and also might be an early exit for me. Really tried with Ghost but most of their songs bore me to death, really excited to see Leprous play again though (and they'll probably play the new song!!)

As for my confirmed gigs this month:

8/6: Hillsphere, Semistereo, Hologram Earth
10/6: Nothing More
26/6: The Contortionist
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Protest the Hero cancelled their upcoming tour  :censored :censored :censored

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »

Can put you on the guestlist for Plini if you want, maybe it'll carry you over! I'm working at the Plini show, he's super entertaining live, definitely consider it.

Also going to Dynamo and also might be an early exit for me. Really tried with Ghost but most of their songs bore me to death, really excited to see Leprous play again though (and they'll probably play the new song!!)

As for my confirmed gigs this month:

8/6: Hillsphere, Semistereo, Hologram Earth
10/6: Nothing More
26/6: The Contortionist

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated :tup Depending on my work schedule I will have to decide between Haarlen and Oberhausen.
I'll send you a PM if Haarlem is gonna fit my schedule.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
Ended up scooping up tickets for the sold out Imagine Dragons show at my local amphitheater last Saturday.  My gf really likes them and while it was sold out and tickets super expensive on stubhub ($130 for lawn seats before fees) they released a few cheap face value tickets a couple hours before the concert that I grabbed as I was constantly refreshing livenation.  Worked like a charm.  We had a good time, the opener was Grace Wandervaal who I've never heard of but apparently did really well in america's got talent or something playing her ukelele.  I wasn't into it, niether did it seem like anyone else was.  Imagine Dragons were solid though.  Not my music, nor my concert scene at all, but we had a lot of fun together.  I didn't realize how many of their songs I actually knew, also they opened with Radioactive which was really cool.  It was still light out though which felt odd.  The singer came into the crowd a few times including right next to me twice.  He touched the young girls in front of me who freaked out like it was the best thing in their entire lives.  So funny to see that.  Also, a significant amount of kids at this concert, especially compared to seeing Slayer a week earlier in the same venue  :lol

Imagine Dragons - LIVE @ Sold Out PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ 6/9/18
(I don't think I've ever zoomed in so much onto a guy without his shirt on  :lol)

and my gf and I got our tickets and a hotel room for the Angry Orchards Rock the Roots festival in Vermont  :yarr that's going to be fun

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2018, 05:42:57 AM »
Tickets not released yet but this is a must.... Spock's Beard / The Flower Kings revisited

Seen so far:

2018-02-26 - Stockholm, Circus - Steven Wilson

2018-03-24 - Gothenburg, Concert hall, Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with Jennie Abrahamson & Malin Dahlström - A tribute to Kate Bush

2018-04-06 Malmö, Palladium - Peter Hammill

2018-06-05 Stockholm, Södra Teatern - Neal Morse

Concerts booked so far:

2018-07-05 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson
2018-07-06 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson

2018-08-18 - Stockholm, Friends Arena - Roger Waters

2018-09-29 Malmö, Palladium - Progressive Circus 2018 (VUUR, iamthemorning, Anneke van Giersbergen, Merit Hemmingsson, Promise and the Monster )
One day festival with 4, no scratch that... 5 artists bands.

2018-10-07 Stockholm, Fryshuset - Moon Safari, Fish

2018-12-01 Stockholm, Kulturhuset Studion - Spock's Beard / The Flower Kings revisited

Tickets not bought yet but definiteley planning to go....

2018-12-02 Malmö, KB - Spock's Beard / The Flower Kings revisited
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:47:26 AM by SwedishGoose »

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2018, 04:03:42 PM »
Added several new shows to my list over the next few months!

2018-01-27 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with James McMurtry) - Murat Theatre at Old National Centre, Indianapolis, IN
2018-03-10 - Lights (with Chase Atlantic and DCF) - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
2018-03-17 - Turnpike Troubadours (with Bottle Rockets) - Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH
2018-05-12 - Myles Kennedy - The Cowan, Nashville, TN
2018-07-01 - Paramore (with Soccer Mommy) - Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park, Indianapolis, IN
2018-07-17 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - The Rose Music Center, Huber Heights, OH
2018-07-18 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
2018-08-04 - Avenged Sevenfold with Prophets of Rage - Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH
2018-08-14 - The Avett Brothers - Fraze Pavilion, Kettering, OH
2018-09-03 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Aimee Mann, Amanda Shires) - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
2018-09-08 - Brandi Carlile - Murat Theatre at Old National Centre - Indianapolis, IN
2018-09-09 - Brandi Carlile - Taft Theatre - Cincinnati, OH
2018-09-15 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park - Indianapolis, IN

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »
Worked merchandise at Thrice tonight and got to catch a couple of tunes from them and support act Brutus, first time seeing Thrice and second time Brutus.

Never really liked Thrice that much, Beggars is their only good album in my opinion and the other ones have some good songs. Their concert was okay but Brutus was definitely better, but I notice that I find them way better live than their studio performances, it feels so lacking

Next up this Tuesday is Plini, Wednesday is Hawser + Madball and the week afterwards The Contortionist + Palm Reader :metal

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:39 AM »
Tickets in the pocket for Spock's Beard /Flower Kings revisited  Dec 7th 2018 Zoetermeer De boerderij

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
Protest the Hero cancelled their upcoming tour  :censored :censored :censored

Maybe the fans should protest? :neverusethis:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White