Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34327 times)

Offline efxf

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:27 PM »
Saw Rocktopia on Broadway this past Sunday.  Great show, though its run will end on 4/29.  They allowed pictures but no video, however I did capture the encore at the very end:

Rhapsody In Blue (Gershwin)/Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) - https://youtu.be/0D6flmx-hss

My photo album (Facebook):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10216702589823467.1073742253.1423022519&type=1&l=ede935b53a

-Stef

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2018, 07:30:42 AM »
I'm in this video - left edge of the pool. I got soaked during their set, moved to the back of the pool for Face to Face to dry off lol
https://www.facebook.com/lessthanjake/videos/10155757783046312/

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2018, 07:36:16 AM »
I'm in this video - left edge of the pool. I got soaked during their set, moved to the back of the pool for Face to Face to dry off lol
https://www.facebook.com/lessthanjake/videos/10155757783046312/

I saw this on facebook this morning and was loving it  :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2018, 03:54:18 PM »
Saw the Ticketmaster presale code of this show pop up in my email today.  Immediately got a ticket.

Owl City - House of Blues, Anaheim, CA - October 2nd

I've been listening a lot of Owl City in the last couple of months, and whilst it is different than I usually listen to, I enjoy it a lot.  Owl City has got a new album called Cinematic out in June and I enjoy the songs that Adam Young has released so far in support of that, so that should bode well for the show.

Now for the usual ticket pricing gripe.  I paid a total of $36.00 for the ticket which plus the $3.00 per hr of parking at the HOB, with the first two hours being free as long as the ticket is validated.  I'm fine with paying those prices, no problem.  It's going to be cheaper than seeing Halestorm and Breaking Benjamin (which was both fantastic shows) at the same venue.  However, the face value of the ticket is $25.00 with a $11.00 fee.  WTF???  I don't think that on principle alone, that Ticketmaster/Live Nation should charge their additional fees to be 44% of the face value of the ticket at all.  Like what is that fee going to support and where is the money going towards to warrant that fee?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »
Yea I agree, the fee should be standardized at a certain price point, but below that should be a %.  Unless it's a discounted ticket.  I bought a Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson ticket for $13 for a Friday the 13th promotion, but the total cost was 25 after fees.  I felt that was more acceptable because of the discount, but otherwise I'd be a bit pissed off at 50% of the cost going to fees.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »
Didn't share this here, but last weekend saw Kamelot/Delain/Battle Beast

I shared my thoughts on Kamelot in their thread, but must say I was impressed with Battle Beast.  They came out with something to prove on the small stage.  That lady can sing too.  Not music that I am going to buy, but really dug their live show.

Anyway, something happened at that show that kind of sucked for many.  The doors were at 7:30, Battle Beast went on at 8.  The show was sold out and a line down the street to get in.  I got there at 7:30 on the dot.  I asked security how long the wait would be, he said an hour from when the doors open, which didn't actually open until 7:40, but confirmed if I got on line, I would miss the opener completely.  I had a VIP balconey ticket so I was able to enter the venue on the VIP line before the GA line.  This was clutch and I had no idea my ticket gave me this privilege (thought I just got to watch from the balcony, not early venue access).  However, WTF.  Why do venues create a situation where you will completely miss the first band if you arrive on time?  Not to add that there was another delay, the meet and greets went too long and even though we got into the venue, they didn't open the floor for another 10 minutes.  So at 7:50 we finally got in and Battle Beast went on at 8pm with only 30 people watching.  I felt bad for the band.  People were there but couldn't get in.  Now I understand it takes time for security, but if it takes an hour, then open the doors an hour before the band.  I escaped unharmed personally from this, but now do I need to buy a VIP ticket for any concert where I want to see the opener and know I can't get out of work in time to be there super early?

Anyway, some vids:

Battle Beast - Familiar Hell
Delain - Don't Let Go
Kamelot - Phantom Divine with Lauren Hart
Kamelot/Delain/Battle Beast Live Sold Out New York City

and onto this weekend... going to see Sublime with Rome at the Asbury Park Music and Film Festival Saturday night.  In the same building as this concert will also be a Danny Devito Q&A which is kind of cool. 

Going to Denver Monday for work and might be able to catch the same Kamelot/Delain/Battle Beast show Tuesday night.  :metal  I see there are balcony tickets for sale, do I need to buy this?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2018, 08:03:19 AM »
Steven Wilson tonight then RoSfest next Friday!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline efxf

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
Saw Battle Beast, Delain, and Kamelot last night in Pittsburgh.  I was in the front row and it was a fun show!   :metal

Videos:

Battle Beast:
Black Ninja - https://youtu.be/CiKJ1TbFL_0
Beyond the Burning Skies - https://youtu.be/eM9LbClUNus

Delain:
Suckerpunch - https://youtu.be/g1cmmVa595A
The Glory and the Scum - https://youtu.be/faBjMWt1odY
Danse Macabre - https://youtu.be/xrwbHGNtBX4
Fire with Fire - https://youtu.be/Znv_SZNTtIg

Kamelot:
The Mission/Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) - https://youtu.be/imoo7adGk4k
Here's to the Fall - https://youtu.be/OcUva4LzIwI
RavenLight - https://youtu.be/POxmPFEnPyU
Amnesiac - https://youtu.be/edtW9cjY9cc
Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy) - https://youtu.be/BU9fn1l35lg

-Stef

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:53 AM »
Saw Michael Kelsey last night in a small room here in Charlotte. Wasn't a great turn out with only a handful of people but he put on an incredible show. Bill Toms was the closer who was a guy I haven't heard of but he was pretty good too. All in all it was a good friday night.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
Don't know if this applies to everyone else in the states, but Groupon is having a deal for the Deep Purple/Judas Priest tour.  Tickets are $35.00 for the 300 sections at the amphitheater in Irvine, CA.  I shall pass on this one since I'm not a fan of either of those guys, but hey, $35.00 to see these guys and have a good night out?  It can be tempting.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »
Just gotta put this here..so much looking forward to this day

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2018, 12:01:51 AM »
A double dose of Anneke is never a bad thing.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2018, 01:49:59 AM »

Never seen her live so getting both sides is amazing.
In addition getting iamthemorning who I have never seen live eitger makes this soo great in my book.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2018, 07:14:49 AM »

True

Saw Sublime with Rome last night.  Must say I was pretty unimpressed with only playing for about an hour.  For a headlining act, and one I've seen many times before, a 1.5 hour show was expected.  Not just by me, but there was a very large upset fan base last night.  I'll say this though, the performance was better than the past though.  Seems they got a full time touring member to play keys and trombone which gives the songs a bit more life.  They did one other new interesting thing to that made me happy.  For the encore, everyone expected the two hits What I Got and Santaria, which we got, but before that, they played a punk song which was unexpected and resulting in a mosh pit that consumed all the girls who tried to get up close for the hit songs  :lol  Must say, not happy for the show I got for the price I paid, but otherwise I had a good time.

Sublime with Rome Live @ Asbury Park Music and Film Festival

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
After a crazy two days getting to Denver and working like a horse, I managed to scrape up whatever energy I had left and went to the same Kamelot/Delain/Battle Beast show I saw a week or two ago in New York City.  This time I enjoyed some of the legal things out here in this part of the world and had some gummy bears.  What an amazing experience.  I was able to park on the street right by the venue for free, got a $30 ticket off a scalper and when I walked in, was able to stand dead center at the rear (but elevated) part of the venue.  I stood there for 3 hours or so and saw the entire show.  I felt very immersed with the light show.  This venue was bigger than NYC and had a larger ceiling (without a chandelier blocking my view too) that allowed me to see the light show much better.  All three bands killed it again although I'd say Battle Beast had a huge following in Denver.  It seemed when I got there, everyone was already there and going nuts for them.  Delain seemed to have the bigger following in NYC though, and maybe about the same for Kamelot... everyone was into them.  I thought Kamelot was a bit tighter than a couple weeks ago as well.  Playing another bunch of shows with the temp replacement drummer would do that.

Kamelot - Sacrimony with Charlotte Wessels and Lauren Hart
Delain - The Hurricane
Battle Beast - Lost in Wars

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
So here in the UK, Damnation Festival have announced their line up. So far only four bands announced but as two of them are Ihsahn and The Ocean there is no way I'm missing this! Fuck, two of my favourite discoveries in the last few years. Looking forward to see who else they announce.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2018, 04:26:39 PM »
So ArcTangent Festival have added more bands to their line up today:

Not sure I can really miss this!

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:45 AM »
Oh wow, that's a pretty sick line-up!

The only festival I've planned this year is one day of Fortarock: Igorrr, Baroness, Opeth, Nightwish, Meshugga, Avatar and Alestorm  :metal
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2018, 06:28:29 AM »
Moon Safari confirmed as support for Fish in Stockholm.

Seen so far:

2018-02-26 - Stockholm, Circus - Steven Wilson

2018-03-24 - Gothenburg, Concert hall, Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with Jennie Abrahamson & Malin Dahlström - A tribute to Kate Bush

2018-04-06 Malmö, Palladium - Peter Hammill

Concerts booked so far:

2018-06-05 Stockholm, Södra Teatern - Neal Morse

2018-07-05 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson
2018-07-06 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson

2018-08-18 - Stockholm, Friends Arena - Roger Waters

2018-09-29 Malmö, Palladium - Progressive Circus 2018 (VUUR, iamthemorning, Anneke van Giersbergen, Merit Hemmingsson)
One day festival with 4 artists bands.

2018-10-07 Stockholm, Fryshuset - Moon Safari, Fish

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2018, 06:53:01 AM »
Fucking stoked for Tesseract tonight  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2018, 07:04:13 AM »
Nothing proggy coming up but after very little for a while, got a few on the horizon

May:  Europe
         Jon Stevens (Noiseworks)

June:  Mr Big/Extreme

August:  Gene Simmons/Ace Frehley

November:   Def Leppard/Scorpions
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:10:40 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2018, 07:51:33 AM »
Sabroso Festival tonight!  :metal Taco/Beer/Punk festival FTW

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »

How was it?  I missed it by a couple days when I came out here.

Got a ticket for the sold out Primus and Mastadon concert at RED ROCKS  :metal Looking forward to the experience in this amazing venue.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »

Got a ticket for the sold out Primus and Mastadon concert at RED ROCKS  :metal Looking forward to the experience in this amazing venue.

I forgot to add in Lucha Libre above...

There was a lot of PA system issues which were not too horrible during the day. But for The Offspring, the sound cut out completely probably 10 times. It was brutal. Other than that, it was a lot of fun in the hot sun. Didn't run out of water like they did at Punk in Drublic, way more port-o-poty's too. Only 3 bruises, 2 cuts and lost my glasses at one point, but found them unbroken!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2018, 11:22:52 PM »
TesseracT is in the books, next up Orphaned Land in about two weeks!!!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »

I forgot to add in Lucha Libre above...

There was a lot of PA system issues which were not too horrible during the day. But for The Offspring, the sound cut out completely probably 10 times. It was brutal. Other than that, it was a lot of fun in the hot sun. Didn't run out of water like they did at Punk in Drublic, way more port-o-poty's too. Only 3 bruises, 2 cuts and lost my glasses at one point, but found them unbroken!

:lol actually sounds kind of miserable with the heat and sound issues and maybe the scramble to locate your glasses, but nice you had a good time.  Seems like a cool festival but I can't take that heat all day. 

My trip for work to Denver has churned out 3 really fun concerts.  I already spoke about the Kamelot show earlier, but over the weekend I checked out some bands I had only heard of but never really listened to their music.  Was a cool experience to kind of blindly just go into these shows and experience the music in its purest form. 

Saturday night I sw an Evening with Steven Wilson.  Really cool show.  His music is a bit all over the place in terms of genre and style, but there were quite a few songs that I really dug, a few I didn't care for, and a lot more that just kind of melted together into the set.  The videos to go along with the songs were FANTASTIC.  I thought they did an amazing job of immersing the crowd into the feel of the song with the videos, that occassionally were also projected in front of the band (there was a see through backdrop that would come down in front of the stage for those videos).  The second set was really awesome.  Lots of monster instrumental sections.  I'd consider myself a Steven Wilson fan after that show, but I'm not running out to buy albums.  Maybe I'll get To The Bone or a Porcupine tree album (I think my favorite song of the night was a PT song).

Steven Wilson - People Who Eat Darkness Live Ogden Theater Denver

Then Sunday I bought a second hand ticket for the sold out Primus and Mastadon show at the Red Rocks.  I overpaid, but I had a good seat and honestly just wanted to experience another concert at this absolutely gorgeous venue.  I don't think I could say enough good things about seeing a concert here, from the view to the people who attend the shows, just everything is awesome.  I made some friends with the people near me which is always nice when you go solo.  Just some great smells everytime a gust of wind blew  :hat  :lol  Mastadon was a bit of a letdown, I figured I'd like them more than Primus as they are more of the type of music I generally like, but the sound for them was crap (you can see/hear that in my video).  I felt kind of uninterested since it sounded so poorly.  I did chill near the top of the venue for half their set and then made my way to my actual seat which did have better sound there, but nothing great for Mastadon.  The end of their set as the day turned into night was much more interesting, but I felt right when I started really digging them their set ended.  Then came Primus who is a bit odd musically.  I don't know how to describe them, but that BASS wow.  Really awesome sound and musicianship.  They had a cool light show as well.  The place was really rocking for them.  I thought they were really enjoyable live.  They seemed to fit right in with the setting as well.  I was offered shrooms by a 60 year old man and his wife.  I passed, but thought it was hilarious.  Guy was super nice and was trying to give me a treat for my first Primus show  :lol  I asked him to watch my beer as I went to the bathroom.  He was so happy I asked him to do that, he thought my trust in him for watching the beer meant a lot.  I don't think anyone has ever been so happy to hold a beer before (well I put it down on a stand really).  He did joke that he put the shrooms into my drink though which made me a bit uneasy drinking the rest of it but I kind of actually trusted him back.

Mastadon - Ember City Live @ Red Rocks
Primus - Too Many Puppies / Sgt. Baker

I really do love it out here in Denver.  Next concerts in 1.5 weeks, a back to back weekend:

May 18th - Sons of Apollo @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
May 19th - Misfits and Suicidal Tendencies @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
Was gonna see Tyr and (finally) Orphaned Land but the IL show is on Friday, not Saturday.  :yeahright Damn it. Missed OL at PP last year, now this...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Is Mastodon's set before Primus at every show?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2018, 08:41:15 AM »

I think that was the first show of the tour so I can't confirm if that will always be the case, but it was that night.  Most people I talked to were there for Primus too.  Maybe some markets are different.  I'm not sure. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2018, 02:42:53 PM »

I think that was the first show of the tour so I can't confirm if that will always be the case, but it was that night.  Most people I talked to were there for Primus too.  Maybe some markets are different.  I'm not sure.

Mastodon posted on Facebook that they're excited to just be sharing the stage with Primus. They're happy to be the first on stage every night, because that means they get to see Primus play every night.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2018, 02:25:17 AM »
Yesterday: The Ocean / Rosetta / Torrential (Telepathy unfortunately canceled)

Torrential was amazing, liked them more than Telepathy to be honest, but they didn't fit the style of the 2 headliners at all. Maybe that's hard when you need to find a replacement on a couple hours notice but still I didn't mind because I really liked them. Rosetta wasn't as spectacular of a liveshow as I had been told, they're good, but it wasn't that more impressive than in studio. Still great show, and the best joke of the night: "Put your hands up! Don't worry, we're not in America, we aren't going to shoot you"

The Ocean put up one of the best concerts of the year, possibly even my #2 behind Amenra. That says a lot because I also loved The Hirsch Effekt. They're playing Proterozoic of the Precambrian album in full (tracks I believe #6 up until the end of the album), and I honestly think this is a more enjoyable set than Pelagial or Anthropocentric would be (my favourite albums by them). Highlights were Orosirian (my favourite Precambrian tune), Ectasian and Tonian. They also brought the cello girl with them which really added to the show. What mostly surprised me is their energy, I thought they would fall more into the prog-nerd category when it comes to shows, you know, kind of static. But the singer was jumping around and crowdsurfing and shit, dope dope dope.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2018, 03:33:53 AM »
Updated:

18 June - Pearl Jam
19 June - Pearl Jam

Cost me a fortune on Viagogo, but I'm going to both nights. PJ really need to do more UK shows, the supply vs demand for these tickets is insane.

7 August - Iron Maiden
7 Sept - LeeAnn Womack
28 Sept - Halestorm
8 Dec - Nightwish
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2018, 06:29:19 AM »
Seeing Myrkur today, not sure what to expect as I'm not a huge black metal fan, but hey, I'm sure it'll be a cool experience.

Actually there's not a lot of upcoming concerts for me this year so far:

August 25th - Sonata Arctica
November 3rd - Pain of Salvation

I'm also waiting for Seventh Wonder to announce their tour dates. If there are any tour dates in Europe in winter, I may consider travelling to see them.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2018, 06:48:29 AM »
I'm also waiting for Seventh Wonder to announce their tour dates. If there are any tour dates in Europe in winter, I may consider travelling to see them.

Have they stated they plan on touring?  Would love to see them but I dont have any expectations of them coming to the US.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2018, 06:54:40 AM »

Have they stated they plan on touring?  Would love to see them but I dont have any expectations of them coming to the US.

They did not. I do hope they'll at least play a few shows in support of Tiara though. Given that Tommy is busy with Kamelot touring, I guess a few shows is the best we can hope for.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.