Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34322 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »
Lots of punk for you this year

Speaking of punk, likely adding this to my concert list this summer:

August 5th - Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ

Yeah, some of these shows are bands I never saw before but have loved for many years. I'm pretty excited.

I'm sad the show you mentioned isn't coming to AZ. I might have to fit in a road trip to go to it.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »

August 5th - Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ

Yeah, some of these shows are bands I never saw before but have loved for many years. I'm pretty excited.

I'm sad the show you mentioned isn't coming to AZ. I might have to fit in a road trip to go to it.

That bill is playing in Irvine, CA at the FivePoint Amphitheater.  I didn't know Rise Against was big enough to do an amphitheater as the last act.  I would think they are certainly more than suitable enough to play the Anaheim House of Blues.  Don't know if I want to go.  I do like Rise Against a fair amount, but I'm not the kind of guy that would go to this kind of show....... if that makes any sense.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »

That bill is playing in Irvine, CA at the FivePoint Amphitheater.  I didn't know Rise Against was big enough to do an amphitheater as the last act.  I would think they are certainly more than suitable enough to play the Anaheim House of Blues.  Don't know if I want to go.  I do like Rise Against a fair amount, but I'm not the kind of guy that would go to this kind of show....... if that makes any sense.

I'm going for AFI.  They've sold out their local shows here lately in mid size venues.  I'm not too familiar with Rise Against, and I've seen Anti-Flag countless times now but they have some draw here in NJ.  This venue is a bit smaller than an amphitheater though, but still bigger than what any of those would play without this tour package.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2018, 02:33:10 PM »
All that punk  :hefdaddy

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2018, 04:01:03 PM »
Persefone was awesome! Defecto and Oddland had some issues with the drum sound I think, sounded really weird. One guy outside after Defecto saying it fit their name cracked me up

Persefone played Stillness is Timeless for the first time on the entire tour (and I believe ever?) and that's my favourite song by them :metal so I'm going home a happy man. Also there were only like 70 people roughly, felt really weird for a band with their size/popularity but it made the show more intimate and awesome
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Got my first show on the list that I’m really looking forward to going:

April 27th - Michael Kelsey @ The Evening Muse

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
Insomnium with Oceans of Slumber opening in June... Color me there!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »
Go old-school and see David Crosby solo live in June
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »
This is probably not something you guys are interested in, but if any of the dutch DTF'ers want to go see Bell Witch or Rolo Tomassi tomorrow, let me know and I'll put you on the guestlist. This goes for any concert in Patronaat by the way, as long as you let me know in advance. Except for maybe Elder, because a lot of friends want to go there as well and already let me know.

Also mostly @ home, I figured you may wanna go to Elder and Caspian and they play one day after eachother, so if you want to crash at my place those 1 or 2 days you can let me know, and I'll put you on the Caspian gl and maybe Elder too if we have a leftover spot :tup
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2018, 08:32:13 PM »
Ok, making it semi official....

Progstock- Oct 5,6,7 in Jersey. IQ, Enchant, and Mystery

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »
Hell yes, epic Jersey meetup :metal :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »
 :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
Hell yes, epic Jersey meetup :metal :metal

Yea, I don't know any of these bands and probably not going to the festival but this is in my backyard so we got to do a meet up.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2018, 12:54:31 PM »
I went to Ne Obliviscaris in Eindhoven (Netherlands) yesterday and saw one of the most intense shows I've been to in the last few years.
The songs sound great in a live setting and both the musicians and the vocalist really deliver.
Really special band which I only discoverd a few months ago but one of my favorites right now.

Go see them when they are playing in your town!

Next is G3 in 2 weeks.

2018 will be a great live-year
1-18 Fates Warning
1-28 Arch Enemy
3-31 Ne Obliviscaris
4-14 G3
6-12 Neal Morse
7-15 Dynamo Metal Meeting (with Sons of Apollo and Leprous)
10-1 Halestorm

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:38 AM »
Also mostly @ home, I figured you may wanna go to Elder and Caspian and they play one day after eachother, so if you want to crash at my place those 1 or 2 days you can let me know, and I'll put you on the Caspian gl and maybe Elder too if we have a leftover spot :tup

That would be really cool! I'm not sure I will go to Elder tho, next period is going to be really busy, and I also have GIAA and Olafur Arnalds the week after, and Bevrijdingsfestival the week before. But if I can afford to skip classes the day Caspian plays I'lll let you know. :azn:

Also thanks for the guest list offer! but I already have tickets for Caspian. Really looking forward to that show  :metal
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2018, 08:08:47 AM »
Ok, making it semi official....

Progstock- Oct 5,6,7 in Jersey. IQ, Enchant, and Mystery

AWWEEEEEEEE YEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:42 AM »
I saw Trivium with Venom Prison and Power Trip on Sunday. Venom Prison wasn't my kind of music (death metal) and they were way too loud for opener. Due to my sensitivity to loud music, I stayed back (almost) the whole concert. Power Trip sounded awesome from there. (BTW check them out if you like thrash metal, I think everyone there enjoyed it).
Main act of the evening, Trivium, was great as well. I loved their dualing guitars and vocals (clean + harsh or harsh+ harsh ;), lead guitarist is insane, drummer is the best they ever had. I expected Heafy to sound worse live (I heard some stuff lol) but he's fine when he's in his range and growls are pretty good. One of the highlights were Heart From Your Hate and Beyond Oblivion, back to back, audience went nuts. I guess it was because Easter, venue wasn't really full and there was open pit for moshing in the middle (and also, that venue is really wide and short) so I could easily get all the way ahead during last song of the encore (In Waves), it was fun :laugh: Also, I caught Matt's pick :metal
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
Alestorm and Gloryhammer announced US tour, stopping by Oakland 9/14. Oh yeah...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2018, 06:16:49 PM »
Alestorm and Gloryhammer announced US tour, stopping by Oakland 9/14. Oh yeah...

Yea, saw this as well, coming to NYC, but I am seeing both at ProgPower.  Wouldn't be against seeing Alestorm again, but I'm not sure it'll be a different set at all (Progpower usually gives bands at least an hour set) so not sure I'll see that show on a Tuesday night.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »
Yeah, god bless PPUSA, we get such great tours in Sept now because of that festival. Last year it was Haken, Orphaned Land/Pain. Can't wait to see what other bands tour.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:11 AM »
Yeah, god bless PPUSA, we get such great tours in Sept now because of that festival. Last year it was Haken, Orphaned Land/Pain. Can't wait to see what other bands tour.

Yea, also Tarja is playing in NYC right before ProgPower.  A lot of the bigger bands at ProgPower end up making a NA tour surrounding that show, which helps the rest of the country get to see these bands.  Was wondering when more acts would start announcing tours.  We also have Angra doing the same.  I know JLB said he wanted to base a tour around PPUSA, but I'm not sure what's going on with that anymore.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »

I was holding out for Vanden Plas last year.  I was disappoint.

So far this year, Angra are on the docket.  I'm also on the lookout for Redemption, Nocturnal Rites, Manimal, Labyrinth and Triosphere.

Oh, and I'm in like Flynn for ProgStock
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
Was in Malmö yesterday to see Peter Hammill.
Great show that covered about half of his solo catalogue. Just PH a grand piano or an acoustic guitar.... very nice

Was the same promotor as for Progressive Circus 2018.
He told us that iamthemorning is now officially booked for the festival.
Gonna be great.... VUUR, iamthemorning and Anneke van Giersbergen solo.... great evening

Seen so far:

2018-02-26 - Stockholm, Circus - Steven Wilson

2018-03-24 - Gothenburg, Concert hall, Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra with Jennie Abrahamson & Malin Dahlström - A tribute to Kate Bush

2018-04-06 Malmö, Palladium - Peter Hammill

Concerts booked so far:

2018-06-05 Stockholm, Södra Teatern - Neal Morse

2018-07-05 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson
2018-07-06 Stockholm, Circus - King Crimson

2018-08-18 - Stockholm, Friends Arena - Roger Waters

2018-09-29 Malmö, Palladium - Progressive Circus 2018 (VUUR, iamthemorning, Anneke van Giersbergen, Merit Hemmingsson)
One day festival with 4 artists bands.

2018-10-07 Stockholm, Fryshuset - Fish
[/quote]

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
Taking my GF for date night at the sold out Bon Jovi concert this evening.  We had a blast last year so really looking forward to the show tonight. 

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »

That would be really cool! I'm not sure I will go to Elder tho, next period is going to be really busy, and I also have GIAA and Olafur Arnalds the week after, and Bevrijdingsfestival the week before. But if I can afford to skip classes the day Caspian plays I'lll let you know. :azn:

Also thanks for the guest list offer! but I already have tickets for Caspian. Really looking forward to that show  :metal
I found out Caspian is on the same day I have tickets for: The Ocean, Rosetta and Telepathy. I prefer all 3 bands over Caspian :lol that's how much I love this line-up. So unfortunately have to pass on Caspian. Maybe you're interested in Russian Circles? Believe they play near the end of May

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2018, 03:06:46 AM »
Pff Caspian is better than all three ;) Also not sure if I can go to Russian Circles yet, as that's in a very busy period. But I'll see you at GIAA for shure, and possibly at Elder!
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2018, 03:27:47 AM »
Oh shit, completely forgot about GIAA, gonna get tickets when ome DUO gives me my money again, definitely want to see them again . Gonna see if I can convince some of my Haarlem buds to join us this time (doubt it though, 21 euros is a lot for us compared to most gigs we go to and they're not huge GIAA fans). Elder I will definitely be attending, would be awesome! But I understand school comes first
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:33:09 AM by Train of Naught »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2018, 10:12:28 AM »
Such a fun time at Bon Jovi last weekend.  My gf and I had a good time seeing him last year so figured I'd pick up some tickets for this year as a fun concert to go to together on a Saturday night.  My tickets were in the nosebleeds since it was already about $90 for the cheap seats and I didn't want to spend more than that for a band who only has a handful of songs I really enjoy.  Anyway, it appears we timed our beer/bathroom run just right.  Right after they played You Give Love A Bad Name (3rd song) and while I was in the bathroom, someone from the venue approached my gf waiting outside for me.  Asked her "Is it just you and the guy in the bathroom?  Do you want seat upgrades?"  I heard my GF yelling for me while I was pissing.  I was really confused, but happy to find out the good news when I saw our new tickets.  We got upgraded to row 20 in the front floor section!  Got a nice private elevator ride down from the nose bleeds to the floor and shown to our seats up front.  I couldn't believe it.  Bon Jovi sung a couple songs from the crowd, right near our new seats.  Couldn't of asked for a better experience.  Pretty similar set (just a couple song changes) from last year and we also got Runaway (my favorite Bon Jovi song) for his encore.  Speaking of encore, right before he finished the last song of the set, we rushed the aisle down to the front.  The security came and kicked everyone else who followed back to their seats, but not us.  We got to stay up close in the aisle for the entire encore  :metal Also worth noting that Bon Jovi concerts would be a great place for a single older male to pick up girls. 

Bon Jovi Live at Sold Out Prudential Center
and some time stamps:
The moment after getting the upgrade
Bon Jovi grabs a lady from the crowd to hold and sing to
Shortly after that as he heads back to the stage, he does one stop right by me and takes in the crowd.  I think this is my favorite clip of the evening.  He looks so happy.
Making our way up front for the encore (Runaway/Wanted Dead of Alive/Living on a Prayer

And just announced today that 311 and Offspring are touring together this summer so adding to my list :metal :metal

August 22nd - 311 and Offspring @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2018, 04:15:35 PM »
Just saw Nightwish last night in Portland Oregon, awesome show!   Hopefully Sons of Apollo April 30th in Seattle, and Journey/Def Leppard at The Gorge in September
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
Just bought tickets to see Protest the Hero and Norma Jean, with some buddies, in July  :metal pretty stoked for this one actually. Haven't been to anywhere near enough gigs this year.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »
Oh damn Protest The Hero! I haven't listened to them in a long time.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »
Oh damn Protest The Hero! I haven't listened to them in a long time.

They are apparently playing the whole of Fortress live, as it's the 10 year anniversary  :metal

Offline efxf

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2018, 05:58:59 AM »
Not metal, but Wednesday night I saw Straight No Chaser in concert, an entertaining a cappella group:

https://youtu.be/E4-bBP5XnAk

Next week I'm seeing a touring production of Jersey Boys.

-Stef

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2018, 07:47:13 AM »
My local amphitheater is doing a sale on a few of the metal shows this summer with $13 lawn tickets for Friday the 13th.  So I scooped one up for this show that I don't really like either band, but feel there's potential to be some serious drama:

July 24th - Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »
Feb. 19th - The Dead Deads at Beat Kitchen
Feb. 23rd - Machine Head at Concord Music Hall
March 3rd - Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers at Subterranean (missed)
May 16th - Halestorm / In This Moment / New Years Day at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford (confirmed with ridiculously good seats)
August 18th - Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field

A buddy got me a hookup with some great seats at face value for Pearl Jam. Couldn't pass it up.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history