Author Topic: Your concerts for 2018  (Read 34324 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2018
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2018, 06:24:52 AM »
VUUR, nice  :metal

adding this to my list:

October 20th - Metallica @ Bryce Jordan Center, University Park PA

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
Added two more Isbell dates to my itinerary.

2018-01-27 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with James McMurtry) - Murat Theatre at Old National Centre, Indianapolis, IN
2018-03-10 - Lights (with Chase Atlantic and DCF) - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
2018-03-17 - Turnpike Troubadours (with Bottle Rockets) - Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH
2018-05-12 - Myles Kennedy - The Cowan, Nashville, TN
2018-07-17 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - The Rose Music Center, Huber Heights, OH
2018-07-18 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH

2018-08-14 - The Avett Brothers - Fraze Pavilion, Kettering, OH

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
I won't go into too much detail about just how amazing Complexity Fest 2018 was, one of the best weekends I've experienced in a very long time. The crew from The Hirsch Effekt were all really cool and the band performed the best show of the festival, very rare to see such energetic shows from prog bands. Other highlights were The Faceless bringing their old singer (who sings for a new band that also played the festival "John Frum") on stage for one song, SikTh.. well, just being SikTh, God Mother's vocalist climbing the ceiling and hanging with his head facing down like a fucking spiderman while singing, VOLA, and Three Trapped Tigers being my best new discovery.

Tonight: Amenra + Boris :metal

Next week: Trivium + Power Trip + something else on Friday, and Satyricon on Tuesday

Rest of the month: Dance Gavin Dance + Veil of Maya, Epic Mind + Armed Cloud + IDEK, Fu Manchu, Persefone + Defecto + Oddland, and maaaybe Ne Obliviscaris + Allegaeon but don't think so.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
4/29 - Steven Wilson - Playstation Theater - New York, NY

Yup, that's it so far  :lol I'm sure I'll end up going to a few more, but I'm not a huge concert guy unless it's someone I really love.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2018, 12:52:44 PM »
Adding

July 31st - Avenged Sevenfold and Prophets of Rage @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
Saw Fates Warning twice in January. Great shows.

The rest of 2018 so far:

Iced Earth/Sanctuary
Sons of Apollo
Myles Kennedy
Helloween
Stryper

The latter two are in September and November, respectively. The summer is wide open. Waiting for something to work with the schedule. I am not a Slayer fan, and have seen Anthrax and Testament many times each, so no on that. And Judas Priest is not close enough during the work week.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2018, 05:20:42 AM »
Nothing really planned today concert wise. My gf wants to go to Barenaked Ladies so we are going to that in July.

One of my favorite guitar players is coming to town but unfortunately I'll be on vacation.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2018, 06:27:12 AM »
Nice, the Avenged Sevenfold fan club is free and gives access to presale codes so I scooped up a nice seat with my bdudy for the show this summer.  Really excited for that.

Last weekend I saw Sabaton, Kreator, and Cyhra.  That was an amazing concert, totally worth the trip to Boston for it.  Had a balcony seat so got to watch the crowd go crazy from above.  At one point the mosh pit sat on the floor and started rowing.  That was amazing!  Next to me on the balcony was a really old lady.  I chatted with her between bands cause I was like "You are into this music?" and she said yes, but it was her sons 18th birthday so she took him and his friends who she was watching in the pit from above  :lol  Anyway, some videos if anyone is interested:

Cyhra - Karma
Kreator - Enemy of God (Intro has the singer getting a crazy pit going)
Sabaton - Blood of Bannockburn

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
At one point the mosh pit sat on the floor and started rowing.  That was amazing!
Eh, kids today. In my day we just ran around in circles and smashed into each other. Fucking weirdos.

Nowadays I've got no problem being down there amongst 'em, but I use their disruption to my advantage to work my way up to the front. Easier to be in front of them than along the periphery. At Gojira a while back the security guys up front would all point when somebody was coming over from behind. Never seen that before but it was damned helpful. Kept you from getting kicked in the head from behind and allowed you to help shove them along.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2018, 02:06:04 PM »
So I got Kamelot April 27th, ProgPower early September, Helloween Pumpkins United on September 10th, Angra September 20th... and potentially Tyr and Orphaned Land sometime in May. And HammerFall is still up in the air for June. :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
Samsara, I think you forgot to add Angra to your list.  :)  In fact I think most people have.  If you live in the States or Canada, they might be coming your way, and I highly recommend checking them out.  They tentatively tried to tour North America years ago, and things went so poorly that they never tried again, until now.  I think the problems the first time around were largely due to bad promotion and a different climate, but whatever the case, I say we make them feel more welcome this time around.

For me - Angra, ProgPower USA, King's X, possibly Michael Schenker, Tesseract, and probably a few I'm forgetting.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2018, 06:53:53 AM »
Man, I got a huge dilemma right now, maybe people who have seen either band live could help me out.

Already have tickets for Persefone on the 30th, but turns out someone got Anciients to play in a really cool venue in Utrecht on the same day (dB's). I'm leaning towards selling my Persefone ticket and going to Anciients, if I can even get rid of that ticket (demand seems to be pretty low), thoughts?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2018, 07:18:57 AM »
Who's support for the respective shows? Going on the strength of their latest album I'd personally choose Persefone. That being said, I would like to see Anciients as well. So yea, dependant on support bands, I'd go for Persefone.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2018, 07:29:34 AM »
At one point the mosh pit sat on the floor and started rowing.  That was amazing!
Eh, kids today. In my day we just ran around in circles and smashed into each other. Fucking weirdos.

Nowadays I've got no problem being down there amongst 'em, but I use their disruption to my advantage to work my way up to the front. Easier to be in front of them than along the periphery. At Gojira a while back the security guys up front would all point when somebody was coming over from behind. Never seen that before but it was damned helpful. Kept you from getting kicked in the head from behind and allowed you to help shove them along.

:lol yea the rest of the moshing was normal and the security at a lot of events have been much better with the crowd surfing from my experiences as well

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Who's support for the respective shows? Going on the strength of their latest album I'd personally choose Persefone. That being said, I would like to see Anciients as well. So yea, dependant on support bands, I'd go for Persefone.
Didn't know of Anciients but just looked it up and it's Black Wizard (they're doom rock, compared to Black Sabbath on the FB event). Persefone supports are Defecto and Oddland (checked the new Defecto and thought it was alright, I've known one song off their debut since the release and love it "Sovereign" but otherwise not huge on them. Don't know Oddland)

I will probably not even get rid of the Persefone ticket so probably going to that, the thing is I'll be going alone, and some friends will go to Anciients so it will probably be more fun overall. Aathma was fantastic though, I don't have any doubt that I'll have a great evening either way.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:26 AM »
and some friends will go to Anciients so it will probably be more fun overall.

This is vital information you held back  :lol I'd probably want to go to the show with friends (even though I do go to gigs solo) though.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
Same here, these days I almost go to concerts on a weekly basis though, and pretty much always with others. Last time I went solo is like a year ago already, but it was great fun (Soen's Lykaia tour). Other vital information I held back is that I know the person who booked Anciients and I can probably get in for free :lol so I'm pretty sure that if I'm able to sell the Persefone ticket, I'll go with Anciients.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2018, 08:26:11 PM »
Going to see Avenged Sevenfold and Prophets of Rage!

2018-01-27 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with James McMurtry) - Murat Theatre at Old National Centre, Indianapolis, IN
2018-03-10 - Lights (with Chase Atlantic and DCF) - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
2018-03-17 - Turnpike Troubadours (with Bottle Rockets) - Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH
2018-07-17 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - The Rose Music Center, Huber Heights, OH
2018-07-18 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Hiss Golden Messenger) - PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
2018-08-04 - Avenged Sevenfold with Prophets of Rage - Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »
So, I went to see Big Wreck, yesterday in Santa Ana.

I enjoyed the show a good amount.  They were playing their debut album, In Loving Memory Of... in full and the funny thing.  The studio album was 13 songs and about one hour.  They played 14 songs (they included a bonus track called Ill Advice) and the entire main set lasted for 85 minutes and despite certain self-indulging guitar moments (in which Ian Thornley stated it himself in the show.  He can't help himself in those moments.  He just has to do it and take the audience along for the ride), they were great.  Ian Thornley is such a great guitarist.  They also played Albatross (one of my favorites from them along with Under the Lighthouse which they included in the main set) and Thornley's Come Again in the encore.  Crowd went crazy over That Song, Blown Wide Open, and The Oaf.

Now a couple of notes.  One, when I got in line to see Big Wreck outside of the Constellation room (there were two rooms, that room, and the main Observatory), I noticed that there was a lot of younger people in line (they were there to see EDM guy name Eden, don't know).  I'm thinking there is no way they are all here to see Big Wreck, but I can't be the only guy in line to see Big Wreck.  Turned out, before the doors open, I was actually the first guy in line for Big Wreck when one of the security guys said, "whose here for Big Wreck?" I'm like I am, and then he told me, "You're in the wrong line." and there were no lines for Big Wreck, so he formed a line where I was the only guy there to get in when the doors opened.  On the plus side, I was in front of the barrier, first that's ever happened to me, and whilst there was probably 1,000 people in the main hall, around 200 or so was there for Big Wreck, but as Ian stated it, "It was a small crowd, but a fierce crowd."  After almost every song, people was screaming, "I LOVE THAT F'EN SONG." after every song.  Mainly since they have a song titled "That Song."

Two, while the guitar prowess of Big Wreck is great, the guitars mixing was not as optimal.  Brian Doherty's guitar tone was really overpowering everyone else's instruments (Ian Thornley's vocals included where I can barely hear him).  This was horribly noticeable, since the opening band, Jesse Roper, had a great sound mix with him on guitars and vocals, plus drums, bass, and a keyboardist.  An English guy in the crowd next to me, after the main set was done, told me, "You couldn't hear the vocals as much as well right?" confirming that the mixing was horrible.

One of the more heartwarming moments I have ever seen at a concert was when there was a girl in the front with her parents and Brian Doherty gave her a pick and then she got a drum stick, AND THEN Ian Thornley gave her a guitar pick as well and he joked about giving her his guitar and made the motion of doing so, but he stated, "Let's not go too far, I need this to play."  That was a nice moment to see up close and front.

So yeah, whilst I had a fun time and the band played great and Ian Thornley is a great guitar wizard, and it was a good crowd that really knows their music (especially prog metal, where the British guy I mentioned stated that he saw DT with Periphery in 2012 during the UK leg of the ADTOE tour, and there was this die hard Big Wreck fan that's a huge Devin Townsend fan), the fact that the sound mix was not great, I have to rate this concert a little on the downside of the shows I've been to which is ranked the following.

1a and 1b. (Breaking Benjamin and Halestorm in 2017 at the House of Blues in October.  Both shows were the top tier for me.  No question.)
2. Alter Bridge (Wiltern Theater 2014)
3. Foo Fighters (The Forum 2015)
4. Shinedown (LA County Fair 2013)
5. Big Wreck (The Constellation Room 2018)
6. Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators (Pechanga Theater 2014).  The band played incredible, but that crowd was the worst crowd that I have ever been to and that really soured my experience.

So, upcoming shows for me.

Myles Kennedy (The Troubadour in LA).  Easy for me to get excited about that.  Great solo album.  I've seen some setlists he did in South Africa and they look great and I'm hoping it gets better once he gets in more songs from Year of the Tiger.  The one thing I hope is that my hearing of him talking in-between songs does not sound like he is on helium like I hear on the other times I saw him with AB and Slash.

I may do the following shows depending on certain factors.

Nightwish (The City National Grove of Anaheim).  It's a super close venue near me, but I don't know too much of their material, and I just can't justify spending $80.00 on it when I spent $25 each on Big Wreck and Myles Kennedy.  Maybe, I may get lucky and see if tickets go lower to like $50.00 at some point?  I don't know.

Evanescence with Lindsey Stirling (FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine, CA).  I always liked Lindsey Stirling as a musician and violinist, she's got some cool sounds and songs and good choreography in her live shows, but I've tried to get into Evanescence and I just don't enjoy that band like I would their contemporaries (Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, and even Seether), but it seems like a band that I should be into.  So, that one may also be a last minute decision.  Anyway, thanks for anyone that read this long post at this point.  It's mainly a train of thought post about concerts in 2018 for me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:47:27 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Trivium and Power Trip last night was great. Missed the firs support though (Venom Prison I believe they're called) but I'm not too bummed about that.

Definitely gonna give Power Trip more playtime, they're exactly the type of sound I look for if I'm in the mood for thrashmetal (which isn't extremely often, but sometimes I dig it). Was veeery happy with the Trivium setlist, they played my 2 favourite songs of the new album, and the song that got me into this band in the first place. Moshpits weren't too aggressive which is always nice for people of my posture :lol and the audience overall was great too.

Next up kind of a weird one, Dance Gavin Dance + Veil of Maya on the 15th. Veil of Maya are amazing, and their last album might even be better than Matriarch. Honestly feel like just leaving after Veil of Maya, DGD have a couple of cool songs but most of their music sounds really annoying to me. Doubt I'll enjoy them very much live, as long as they play Young Robot I guess I'm a happy man.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2018, 07:18:22 AM »
I just saw Eric Johnson live this past Friday.

I've got Steven Wilson in April.
RoSfest in May
Trying to talk my brother into seeing Umphries McGee in May.
And Progfest in October.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2018, 07:20:42 AM »
Trivium and Power Trip last night was great. Missed the firs support though (Venom Prison I believe they're called) but I'm not too bummed about that.

Definitely gonna give Power Trip more playtime, they're exactly the type of sound I look for if I'm in the mood for thrashmetal (which isn't extremely often, but sometimes I dig it). Was veeery happy with the Trivium setlist, they played my 2 favourite songs of the new album, and the song that got me into this band in the first place. Moshpits weren't too aggressive which is always nice for people of my posture :lol and the audience overall was great too.

Next up kind of a weird one, Dance Gavin Dance + Veil of Maya on the 15th. Veil of Maya are amazing, and their last album might even be better than Matriarch. Honestly feel like just leaving after Veil of Maya, DGD have a couple of cool songs but most of their music sounds really annoying to me. Doubt I'll enjoy them very much live, as long as they play Young Robot I guess I'm a happy man.
I didn't buy a ticket yet but I think I'll see Trivium (on April 1st). The only downside is I have to go alone and it's always more fun with company :-\
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »
Very true. I actually went alone last night but luckily ran into a friend. You should definitely go. Do you know Power Trip? Also seems like something you would enjoy!

Two bands are playing on April 1st in the same venue and I want to see both.. Bell Witch and Rolo Tomassi. Will probably go with Rolo Tomassi though

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2018, 08:17:09 AM »
Very true. I actually went alone last night but luckily ran into a friend. You should definitely go. Do you know Power Trip? Also seems like something you would enjoy!
I definitely heard of them before so I might have checked them back when I was into thrash more.
Actually, I have a few friends who love Trivium (and they were listening to them before I did) but all of them are studying somewhere else. And April 1st is Easter so I don't think they'll choose to go to Trivium insead of home :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »
Weird year. Got the Robb is going to try and sing Machine Head show. Had to miss Roger Clyne as the wife came down ill.

She just mentioned that Halestorm / In This Moment / New Years Day are playing Rockford in May. Going to try to hit that show up when tickets go on sale this week. Love all 3 bands.

Feb. 19th - The Dead Deads at Beat Kitchen
Feb. 23rd - Machine Head at Concord Music Hall
March 3rd - Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers at Subterranean (missed)
May 16th - Halestorm / In This Moment / New Years Day at BMO Harris Bank Center (pending tickets)

Missing a few shows due to venue hatred. Would love to see Mastodon/Primus and Avenged/Prophets but my extreme venue hatred prevents me from buying. Struck out on Pearl Jam at Wrigley. Might miss the SOA show at the Arcada for the Halestorm show. The SOA show is also the day after I return from a business trip in Vegas. I will be pretty beat.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2018, 08:07:59 PM »
I have a friend that never misses Roger Clyne.  Obsessed 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
I have a friend that never misses Roger Clyne.  Obsessed

That's also us. I was a fan of The Refreshments from the get-go. Then followed the renamed (current) band. Got my wife hooked big time. We have seen them more times that I can count right now. Might be the artist we have seen the most. Always a fantastic show.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »
Grabbed a ticket to see Paramore this summer!

2018-07-01 - Paramore (with Foster the People) - Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park, Indianapolis, IN
2018-08-04 - Avenged Sevenfold with Prophets of Rage - Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
Feb. 19th - The Dead Deads at Beat Kitchen
Feb. 23rd - Machine Head at Concord Music Hall
March 3rd - Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers at Subterranean (missed)
May 16th - Halestorm / In This Moment / New Years Day at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford (confirmed with ridiculously good seats)

Thinking about:

Aug. 11th - Mastodon / Halestorm - Illinois State Fair

This would be a road trip with a potential overnight stay. Nearly a 3 hour drive for me. Never been to our State Fair, only been to Wisconsin's. Would love to top it off with an evening of Mastodon and Halestorm.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2018, 02:12:44 AM »
My latest edition to the gig-list, check this out guys, it's the coolest thing ever :lol
Nadat Sleep de laatste feedback door de versterkers heeft laten gieren gaan we nog even door met de free-for-all Sleepover afterparty. De foyer van Pandora toveren we om tot een sleazy rock ’n roll feestje met DJ’s Walter Roadburn en Brent. Verwacht de beste heavymetal en hardrock klassiekers tot in de vroege uurtjes!

So what it is: Sleep is playing in Utrecht, the stoner band. After their set, the venue decided to host a Sleep-over party, allowing everyone to stay for the night. I know with hundreds of others and DJs playing there's probably not much sleep happening, but the concept wsas super cool.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »
1/20- Umphrey's McGee- Beacon Theater, New York NY- I saw these guys about 8 or 9 years ago and I've been trying to catch another show since. These guys can flat out play, and they're clearly having a blast on stage
2/15- Sons of Apollo- House of Independents, Asbury Park NJ- Decent show, cool to see them in a small venue
4/19- Richie Kotzen- BB King's, New York NY
4/28- Steven Wilson- Playstation Theater, New York NY
4/29- Steven Wilson- Playstation Theater, New York NY
Sons of Apollo- Playstation Theater, New York NY
6/30- Umphrey's McGee- Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ

Updated list. Sadly had to bail on the G3 tour at the very last minute last month. I've also got Buckethead and Kamelot still more in the maybe category.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »
3/25 - The Musical Box
4/25 - Night Ranger
7/?   - Uli Jon Roth (not sure which show I will go see)

I'm going to try to get to see Myles, and I'll probably go to Sons.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2018, 11:34:18 AM »
Just picked up a ticket for Angra in September.

Here's the remainder of 2018 (after seeing Fates Warning twice, and Iced Earth/Sanctuary):

The Sword - March
Sons of Apollo - April
Myles Kennedy - May
Helloween - September -  :metal :metal :metal :metal
Angra - September
Stryper - November

>>>I am sure a few more will be added to the list as we go along in 2018...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:58:49 AM by Samsara »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »
Been a while since I updated...  got quite a bit on the "possible attendance" list but just not sure yet.

2018-01-20 Unwritten Law
2018-01-31 Anti-Flag
2018-04-24 Less Than Jake/Face to Face
2018-04-29 Sum 41
2018-05-05 Sabroso Festival (Offspring, Pennywise and more)
2018-05-27 Subhumans

2018-06-19 New Found Glory
2018-08-12 Coheed and Cambria/Taking Back Sunday
Haven't decided yet for this one - 2018-09-11 Social Distortion
Still a maybe for this one - 2018-09-12 O.A.R
2018-09-15 Rise Against, AFI, Anti-Flag @ Red Rocks, because FUCK YEAH!
2018-09-30 Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl 20th Anniversary Tour
Not sure about this one either - 2018-10-25 Agent Orange & UK Subs
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:48:27 PM by chknptpie »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
Lots of punk for you this year

Speaking of punk, likely adding this to my concert list this summer:

August 5th - Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ