General > General Music Discussion

Your concerts for 2018

<< < (108/108)

cramx3:

--- Quote from: Anguyen92 on December 15, 2018, 09:41:26 AM ---I saw Breaking Benjamin at an acoustic show in Anaheim back in 2017 and I agree, they sounded really great and the crowd was amazing singing along to virtually everything, but especially Breath, I Will Not Bow, and of course, The Diary of Jane.  The smaller House of Blues venue in comparison to the Amphitheater helped a lot when it comes to crowd atmosphere.  I deemed that concert along with two others as close to a perfect concert for me as it can get (the other two was seeing Halestorm in Anaheim last year, and Myles Kennedy this year).  All of them were in smaller venues that is GA (first come, first serve).

I sorta regret not taking advantage of one of those Groupon/Live Nation summer deals where they were doing $20-25 tickets for the far back seats for the local Amphitheater show when Breaking Benjamin came back to Southern California this year.  The thing is that I really do not like Five Finger Death Punch and would not want to give them the pleasure of watching them for over an hour and after the set Breaking Benjamin delivered in 2017, seeing a co-headlining set would pale in comparison. 

The opening bands they had would have made up that shortcomings I had about that tour package.  Bad Wolves look solid and I enjoy them more than their big brother, FFDP.  Nothing More delivered a great album in 2017, The Stories We Tell Ourselves, and I hear good things about their live sets.  Oh well, maybe I might catch Nothing More in their own show in 2019, but I have to work out a couple of things regarding my schedule.

--- End quote ---

That coheadlining tour came to my town over the summer but I missed it because of a business trip, but it seemed they played about the same setlist (swapped two songs) so not sure you would have missed anything between the solo headline or coheadline show.  That acoustic show last year also came to me locally but once again I was on a business trip.  This band had been alluding me for awhile and it was a close call even being able to make it Thursday.

cramx3:
Last night was my 39th concert of the year (if I count PPUSA as one), it was a local band that made a pretty awesome ska album Keasbey Nights 20 years ago and they performed the entire thing to a really wild sold out crowd.  I saw Steven Wilson and Breaking Benjamin at this same venue in the last couple weeks and this was blew the roof off those shows in terms of energy in the building.  The entire pit was wild pushing people against the side bars  :lol I forgot what it was like to see Catch 22 locally back in the day, but this brought back tons of memories. 

Streetlight Manifesto Live @ Sold Out Starland Ballroom NJ

cramx3:
My final post on 2018 concerts!

39 concerts total - 92 band performances (at least, I may have missed some openers not included in my list but I did actually witness)
8 states
2 countries
1 video for each show! (OK no videos for Misfits since Danzig went after me on youtube)

Below are all my concerts listed with a link to a video from me:

February 18th - Less Than Jake @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
March 3rd - Sabaton, Kreator, and Cyhra @ House of Blues, Boston MA
March 14th - Nightwish @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
April 7th - Bon Jovi @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
April 20th - Kamelot, Delain and Battle Beast @ Irving Plaza, New York NY
April 28th - Sublime w Rome @ Convention Hall, Asbury Park NJ
May 1st - Kamelot, Delain and Battle Beast @ Ogden Theater, Denver CO
May 5th - Steven Wilson @ Ogden Theater, Denver CO
May 6th - Primus and Mastadon @ Red Rocks Amphitheater, Denver CO
May 18th - Sons of Apollo @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
May 19th - Misfits (original line up) @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
June 2nd - Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 9th - Imagine Dragons  @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 13th - Def Leppard and Journey @  Madison Square Garden, New York NY
June 15th - Journey and Def Leppard @  Prudential Center, Newark NJ
June 21st - 30 Seconds to Mars @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 22nd - Lynyrd Skynyrd @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 23rd - Poison, Cheap Trick, and Pop Evil  @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 30th - Foreigner, Whitesnake, and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Eperience @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 7th - Angry Orchards Rock the Roots w Sublime w Rome, Dirty Heads, Lupe Fiasco, Pepper and Matisyahu @ Mount Snow, Dover VT
July 20th - Weezer @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 24th - Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 2nd - Smashing Pumpkins @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 5th - AFI and Anti-Flag @ Stone Pony Summerstage, Asbury Park NJ 
August 10th - 311 and Offspring @ Festival Pier, Philadelphia PA
August 14th - Counting Crows and Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 24th - Justin Timberlake @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam Netherlands
September 5-8th ProgPower USA @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 10th - Ozzy Osbourne and Stone Sour @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 13th - Alice in Chains @ Fillmore Auditorium, Denver CO
September 25th - Alestorm and Gloryhammer @ Gramercy Theater, New York NY   
October 6th - IQ, Enchant, & Tom Brislin's Gold Rotation @ ProgStock, Rahway NJ
October 20th - Metallica @ Bryce Jordan Center, University Park PA
November 3rd - Haken and Leprous @ Highline Ballroom, New York City, NY
December 1st - Steven Wilson @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
December 8th - KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas (Smashing Pumpkins, 30 Seconds to Mars, Third Eye Blind, Greta Van Fleet, Bad Religion, AFI, The Interrupters, AJR, Badflower) @ The Forum, Los Angeles CA
December 13th - Breaking Benjamin @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
December 15th - Ghost @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NJ
December 21st - Streetlight Manifesto @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ

Over the holidays I went through and made a video of my top 10 concert moments which is a very different style than my typical videos and I am actually pretty proud of this (it's not perfect and I learned some lessons to fix things I don't like for next time):

Cramx3's Top 10 Concert Moments of 2018

And here are my top 5 concerts:

1. KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas - This was one hell of an experience.  6 hours straight of live music from some of the biggest rock bands of today as well as some new bands.  I finally got to see Greta Van Fleet and they did not dissapoint.  I got to see Tim Armstrong perform a couple songs with the Interrupters.  I was on the floor of a sold out arena and just had an amazing experience here.

2. ProgPower USA - This may have been #1 if you compacted it a bit to make it more comparable to the KROQ show.  There were so many bands I had really wanted to see here but sadly a couple of my top bands dissapointed.  Nocturnal Rites singer was sick so his singing was not very good and Eclipse had technical issues that got their set cut short.  But what makes this concert so damn good is the community there.  Just a great group of people to be around for 4 days enjoying good music.  I got to meet Sons of Apollo, Angra, Nocturnal Rites, Eclipse, and Tarja. 

3. Angry Orchards Rock the Roots - This was mostly all reggae music so not really the style you'd typically see here in DTF, but as with the above two, this was a festival setting with lots of bands I really like.  Kind of hard to compete when you have these stacked festivals.  But the setting, a ski resort in Vermont on a beautiful summer day, is a big reason to have this so high too.  This was just a perfect day.

4. Justin Timberlake - I don't really follow pop and only really know him by name. I did watch his Superbowl half time show and didn't care too much for it.  I went to this concert because it was something to do while on a business trip.  I left with the biggest smile on my face.  Maybe because I just didn't realize how good his backing band was (The Tennessee Kids) but they really made what I thought would just be a pop show come to life with some great live music.   I didn't go out and buy an album or anything, but I felt 110% entertained every second of this show, between the dancing, the lights, the bands, and the huge female crowd.  I just had so much fun at this one.

5. Alestorm and Gloryhammer - It was a sold out rainy night show, but holy crap was that one fun experience being packed in like sardines and with this super fun music.  My GF's first power metal show  :lol and she even had a blast.  I also wore an eye patch the entire show for the occasion. 

Some honorable mentions:

ProgStock - Getting to hang with so many DTFers
Smashing Pumpkins - 30th Anniversary show had so many guests and surprises
Misfits - Original line up show playing a sold out arena = biggest mosh pit I've ever seen
Less Than Jake - Getting to meet Roger and a story I told him actually got told on stage to the crowd
Breaking Benjamin - Fist bumping Benjamin
Bon Jovi - Getting a free upgrade to the floor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version