Poll

How would you rate psycotic Symphony on a scale from 1 to 10?

10 (highest)
8 (3.4%)
13 (5.6%)
23 (9.9%)
43 (18.5%)
33 (14.2%)
32 (13.8%)
24 (10.3%)
14 (6%)
7 (3%)
1 (lowest)
7 (3%)
0. Their online behaviour ruined it (won't listen)
28 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Sons of Apollo (feat. Portnoy & Sherinian)  (Read 467538 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Sons of Apollo (feat. Portnoy & Sherinian)
« Reply #2450 on: November 24, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
Nah, it's not Derek. But it's a fanboy for sure, probably close to Derek. Probably gotten close through sucking up, and is now running around the internet trolling to "protect his dear friend". I think I've seen him on the fan club facebook page too... If it is who I think it is, he runs a group with Straz as an "unofficial SoA fan club"...

I mean, just to bring it back to everybody's memory, that's how Charlie tried to change the opinion on DTF about Dominici. He started posting under some pseudonym (mrpicasso or something) and then slowly divulged knowledge and opinions that only he could have known.

And, while DT are still a reasonably big band, Dominici and SoA are "basement-computer management" bands, where one guy wears a lot of different hats. Don't discount the possibility that DS decided to shore up a few listeners by going incognito on DTF.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
  • Patch designer with Space4Keys.
« Reply #2451 on: November 24, 2017, 01:43:01 PM »
Well that escelated quickly.....
Just got off work to have a butchers and people seem to have fallen way off par  :D :D :D

But people are entitled to opinions. Cant help that....
Whoever this Loki guy is, whether or not he replies, i couldnt care less.. But it is kinda funny (to me anyway) how fans react to certain questions, opinions, ideas etc... and stick with it...
I always thought a forum was about discussion, ideas, thoughts and sharing. And yet im told that bashing, cussing or and even insulting others is not allowed. And yet i have seen it right through this thread... bare in mind i havent at all attacked anyone but it seems unless you are a "HARDCORE DT FAN" then those rules only apply to others because so many people have gone on this road and yet nothing happens....

I have enjoyed this forum for a long time... and i would hate to see the forum go south like that by going after people for their opinions.... surely everyone here is above that?

Solo Album in the making.....

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #2452 on: November 24, 2017, 01:47:49 PM »
I'm mostly a lurker in this thread but boy oh boy it just gets more and more  :rollin entertaining

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2453 on: November 24, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
Nah, it's not Derek. But it's a fanboy for sure, probably close to Derek. Probably gotten close through sucking up, and is now running around the internet trolling to "protect his dear friend". I think I've seen him on the fan club facebook page too... If it is who I think it is, he runs a group with Straz as an "unofficial SoA fan club"...

I know exactly who you mean. I will not mention any names, but after doing a little skimming on FB, he is all over the band's FB page defending them left and right, and I remember him from the Neal Morse FB page as someone who has ripped the crap out of DT while defending Portnoy like he is his mother, and usually in a tactless and classless manner.  Portnoy diehard fans really are a scary bunch.  It's almost like a cult.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2454 on: November 24, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »
And, while DT are still a reasonably big band, Dominici and SoA are "basement-computer management" bands, where one guy wears a lot of different hats. Don't discount the possibility that DS decided to shore up a few listeners by going incognito on DTF.

That would actually a be smart marketing move... join forms of other similar bands anonymously and drum up support for your band. But don't, you know, trash the band of the forum you are participating in.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2455 on: November 24, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
Personally, I think 70 pages of discussion is a bit too much credit for this average an album, but hey.....  :\

Oh there hasn’t been 70 pages o& talk about the album... mainly DS and MP’s arseaching 😀

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2456 on: November 24, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »
but it seems unless you are a "HARDCORE DT FAN" then those rules only apply to others because so many people have gone on this road and yet nothing happens....

*puts up a big flashing neon arrow sign pointing directly to my status on the left that I got for insulting Derek*
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #2457 on: November 24, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »
Portnoy diehard fans really are a scary bunch.  It's almost like a cult.

That MP Warriors thing is so goddamn cringey. Who felt the need to make a Twitter account for that? It's not like the guy is short on tweets himself. Weird.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #2458 on: November 24, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
but it seems unless you are a "HARDCORE DT FAN" then those rules only apply to others because so many people have gone on this road and yet nothing happens....

*puts up a big flashing neon arrow sign pointing directly to my status on the left that I got for insulting Derek*

I think only you get to see that.   :-[

We should really make these scarlet letters public. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: November 24, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »

What? Damn it.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #2460 on: November 24, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »
I'm mostly a lurker in this thread but boy oh boy it just gets more and more  :rollin entertaining

Agreed...this thread is sadly addicting to read lol.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2461 on: November 25, 2017, 01:01:52 AM »

What? Damn it.  :lol
Mods can see it too. ;)

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2462 on: November 25, 2017, 07:47:15 AM »
LOL, yeah I have warnings on my account from 2011, 2012, and 2014.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #2463 on: November 25, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »
LOL, yeah I have warnings on my account from 2011, 2012, and 2014.

Yeah, me too, oh the shame..  I think Bosk should let us contribute $$  to the site in exchange for having them reduced/removed.  Then we could be free of the stigma (and make a risky post occasionally) :biggrin:
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline No Filter Loki

• Banned
« Reply #2464 on: November 25, 2017, 09:10:15 AM »
Hi, I’m sorry I’ve been away from the discussion but I’ve been busy working.  Reading back the comments are fantastic. Thankyou for the input, knowledge and opinions.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2465 on: November 25, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »
Hi, I’m sorry I’ve been away from the discussion but I’ve been busy working.  Reading back the comments are fantastic. Thankyou for the input, knowledge and opinions.

I hope I'm mistaken but fess up, are you really Derek? This sounds like a Derek response. :)

Offline No Filter Loki

• Banned
« Reply #2466 on: November 25, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »

I hope I'm mistaken but fess up, are you really Derek? This sounds like a Derek response. :)

Reading all the comments and folks going on mega rants about me being Derek actually amused me. No I am not Derek, I’m a DT fan since 94 and with a view and opinion from my experiences of hearing and seeing the band!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: November 25, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
Just checking :) welcome to the forum!

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #2468 on: November 25, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »

I’m a DT fan since 94 and with a view and opinion from my experiences of hearing and seeing the band

You're a fan since 94?  ;D

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #2469 on: November 25, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

I’m a DT fan since 94 and with a view and opinion from my experiences of hearing and seeing the band

I wonder who else had an association with the band starting in 94

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2470 on: November 25, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
I hesitated a bit when I saw that myself  :lol

Offline No Filter Loki

• Banned
« Reply #2471 on: November 25, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »

Well it can hardly be helped if I discover the band in 94 can it?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2472 on: November 25, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
I've been a fan since 92, Images and Words got me addicted. Awake was quite a departure but still good!  Oh wait, I almost forgot this is a SOA thread..  :justjen
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2473 on: November 25, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »
This thread just keeps on delivering.

Back kinda on topic - I haven’t had the desire to revisit this album after my first couple listens when it came out on Spotify. Nothing that I latched onto that makes me want to come back. It’s a shame, lots of talent in the group, just didn’t strike me.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #2474 on: November 25, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »
This thread just keeps on delivering.

Back kinda on topic - I haven’t had the desire to revisit this album after my first couple listens when it came out on Spotify. Nothing that I latched onto that makes me want to come back. It’s a shame, lots of talent in the group, just didn’t strike me.

Same here. I even went back to rate the album a 6 after initially giving it a 5 because I was kind of surprised at how good some of it was. Then I haven't had a desire to even go back and listen to those songs so I went back and gave it a 5.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #2475 on: November 25, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
I've been a fan since 94 as well. :)

#appssucks.
#nocheesekeys.
#Iamafarbetterkeyboardplayerthanjordanandtheymadeamistakeiwillnevergetover.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #2476 on: November 25, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
  • Patch designer with Space4Keys.
« Reply #2477 on: November 26, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »

Well it can hardly be helped if I discover the band in 94 can it?
Wasnt Awake released in 1994?
I believe that was the Kevin Moore era as Jordan did live performances with DT after Kevin left which was before they hired Derek...
So i presume he was a Kevin Moore fan at some stage for that album
Solo Album in the making.....

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2478 on: November 26, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »
I became a fan around the Scenes was released, JR's first album. And I'm a bald Jew.

........I may have said too much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2479 on: November 26, 2017, 03:17:24 AM »

Reading all the comments and folks going on mega rants about me being Derek actually amused me. No I am not Derek, I’m a DT fan since 94 and with a view and opinion from my experiences of hearing and seeing the band!

By 'fan since 94' does that actually mean 'joined the group and played keyboards'?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline No Filter Loki

• Banned
« Reply #2480 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:25 AM »
Awake and Train of thought are by far my favourite DT album! ALL the other are a close call and outstanding in their own right! But those 2 album I think are superb, Awake mainly because it was my first listening experience of Dream Theater and TOT because of its heaviness and aggression!

Offline bill1971

« Reply #2481 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:32 AM »
Awake and Train of thought are by far my favourite DT album! ALL the other are a close call and outstanding in their own right! But those 2 album I think are superb, Awake mainly because it was my first listening experience of Dream Theater and TOT because of its heaviness and aggression!

Nice try Derek.
Just kidding. :)

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #2482 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »
Hmm.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2483 on: November 26, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
No way I will read the 45+ pages since my departure.
The album sucks, just a few moments here and there and that's it.
Derek is a  :censored and MP behaviour was unnecesary.
Will keep on listening to Caligula's album  :metal

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #2484 on: November 26, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
new poster: hey DTF, sorry you didn't get Sons of Apollo's new Derelicte keyboards

DTF: what?

new poster: Derelicte keyboards... sorry you didn't get em

DTF: hehe, I never even heard of em, brah; us and the band been enjoying Jordan's virtuosity the past 20 years.... so I guess you can Dere-lict our balls, del fuvio

new poster (meekly): I can derelict my own balls, thank you very much

MP: did someone say "balls???!!!"

(reference)