Poll

How would you rate psycotic Symphony on a scale from 1 to 10?

10 (highest)
8 (3.4%)
13 (5.6%)
23 (9.9%)
43 (18.5%)
33 (14.2%)
32 (13.8%)
24 (10.3%)
14 (6%)
7 (3%)
1 (lowest)
7 (3%)
0. Their online behaviour ruined it (won't listen)
28 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Sons of Apollo (feat. Portnoy & Sherinian)  (Read 468104 times)

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Re: Sons of Apollo (feat. Portnoy & Sherinian)
« Reply #980 on: October 19, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
This is a generic hard rock album with some proggy instrumental stuff in between. It's dad rock written by wannabe toughtguys who have an idea of what "tough bands" write, but none of them have actually BEEN in a "tough band". It sounds like it wants to be everything else than original. If you think this album redefines a genre - man, you can't have heard much of the genre...

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #981 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:37 AM »
Meh. I don't want to rain on the parade so I'll just leave at this, it's a massive disappointment. Redefining prog metal, my ass...

But, that's EXACTLY what it does! It's not your typical prog-metal, it's more of a hard rock melodic prog metal, if you will, and to me, THAT IS "re-defining" in its essence. If you're not a fan, that's fine. I understand how "disappointment" could be, since most of us (including me) expected more of a DT type sound (well for me that was until the 3 other players were announced). This album is NOTHING like DT. It's much more of a hard rock approach to progressive music. The first 2 songs released to us, certainly had me scratching my head, but in the context of the entire cd, they both work very well (especially "Coming Home"). :metal

Sorry to say, I don't think this redefines anything.  Nothing here is new. And you'd need that to redefine the genre. As someone else mentioned, much of this sounds like really weak Symphony X. And hard rock isn't exactly ground breaking either. Not to say it can't be good, or have great playing. But it's not fresh, it's not new.

Yea for real. There are actually bands pushing the genre forward, from the singles, I'm guessing this isn't that. Which is totally fine, I honestly didn't expect a group of guys in their 50s and 60s to push the prog-rock, prog-metal genre forward in a new direction.

Edit - noxon said it better than I.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #982 on: October 19, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
Meh. I don't want to rain on the parade so I'll just leave at this, it's a massive disappointment. Redefining prog metal, my ass...

But, that's EXACTLY what it does! It's not your typical prog-metal, it's more of a hard rock melodic prog metal, if you will, and to me, THAT IS "re-defining" in its essence. If you're not a fan, that's fine. I understand how "disappointment" could be, since most of us (including me) expected more of a DT type sound (well for me that was until the 3 other players were announced). This album is NOTHING like DT. It's much more of a hard rock approach to progressive music. The first 2 songs released to us, certainly had me scratching my head, but in the context of the entire cd, they both work very well (especially "Coming Home"). :metal

Sorry to say, I don't think this redefines anything.  Nothing here is new. And you'd need that to redefine the genre. As someone else mentioned, much of this sounds like really weak Symphony X. And hard rock isn't exactly ground breaking either. Not to say it can't be good, or have great playing. But it's not fresh, it's not new.

Bingo. There's absolutely nothing new here. Well said, Lethean and noxon... to the bolded part: it's redefining the genre by taking steps backwards? I mean, it's an interesting take, but not one that I'd say benefits PROG music

EDIT: Not to shit on anyone who likes the album. I seriously hope people enjoy it! But it's a far cry from what Derek hyped it to be. Making history? Well... we'll see  :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #983 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »
This album is NOTHING like DT. It's much more of a hard rock approach to progressive music.
This album is nothing like DT? What do you make of God of the Sun? a total rip off of Lines in the Sand and Home. What do you make of Signs of the Time and especially the break which sounds like Trial of Tears? What do you make of Opus Maximus: an instrumental that is built the way DT compose their long songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence. SOA even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes! I remember hearing something that was close to Breaking All Illusions :D

I understand how "disappointment" could be, since most of us (including me) expected more of a DT type sound (well for me that was until the 3 other players were announced).
I was more disappointed by the fact it was supposed to redefine the genre and put the level higher.  I wasn't expecting a DT album and didn't want to have one. It's a good album of hard/prog metal but not the expected revolution. When I listen to the album I hear some Deep Purple, Van Halen, Dream Theater, Rush, Transatlantic, Marillion, Ayreon...how is it new in the world of prog metal?

Now I have to say I liked the album after a few listenings. The first was "meh, it's not the ground-breaking album they sold us": a bit like when your friend teases you about "that awesome movie that you need to watch asap" and after watching it, you're disappointed. Then I listened to it a lot and I like it but you need to go past the idea that it will change the face of prog metal.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:38:04 AM by the keyboard wizard »
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #984 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »
My only interest here is JSS. Should I buy?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #985 on: October 19, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »
This album is NOTHING like DT. It's much more of a hard rock approach to progressive music.
This album is nothing like DT? What do you make of God of the Sun? a total rip off of Lines in the Sand and Home. What do you make of Signs of the Time and especially the break which sounds like Trial of Tears? What do you make of Opus Maximus: an instrumental that is built the way they compose their songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence. They even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes! I remember hearing something that was close to Breaking All Illusions :D

I wouldn't say post MP DT write songs that way. From TOT to BC&SL? Maybe, but the last 3 records are the complete opposite, imo. The only exception could be Illumination Theory, and still, it's one of my favorites.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #986 on: October 19, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »
Wait, why was anyone expecting this to be redefining anything? Why would that even matter?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #987 on: October 19, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
This album is nothing like DT? What do you make of God of the Sun? a total rip off of Lines in the Sand and Home. What do you make of Signs of the Time and especially the break which sounds like Trial of Tears? What do you make of Opus Maximus: an instrumental that is built the way they compose their songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence. They even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes! I remember hearing something that was close to Breaking All Illusions :D

I wouldn't say post MP DT write songs that way. From TOT to BC&SL? Maybe, but the last 3 records are the complete opposite, imo. The only exception could be Illumination Theory, and still, it's one of my favorites.

I think you misunderstood the keyboard wizard's post. He meant "What do you make of Opus Maximus: an instrumental that is built the way MEMBERS OF SONS OF APOLLO compose their songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence. SONS OF APOLLO even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes! I remember hearing something that was close to Breaking All Illusions :D

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #988 on: October 19, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
You were both wrong :D  an instrumental that is built the way DT compose their long songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence (Illumination Theory, the disco crazy break of BAI, Enigma Machine, Outcry) . SOA even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes!
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #989 on: October 19, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
Not to shit on anyone who likes the album. I seriously hope people enjoy it! But it's a far cry from what Derek hyped it to be. Making history? Well... we'll see  :)

I agree with this. It's NOT what was hyped many months ago, but that doesn't mean what they have developed isn't great.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #990 on: October 19, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
You were both wrong :D  an instrumental that is built the way DT compose their long songs now: copy pasting riffs without coherence (Illumination Theory, the disco crazy break of BAI, Enigma Machine, Outcry) . SOA even managed to sound like post Portnoy DT sometimes!

Ah...then I don't agree with you.  :rollin Except Outcry.

Offline emtee

« Reply #991 on: October 19, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »
So a couple people like it and far more seem meh on it.

I'll need to hear it before I make the purchase.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Wait, why was anyone expecting this to be redefining anything? Why would that even matter?

Probably due to the way they hyped the album creating expectations.  For me, the two singles didn't meet any of the expectations the band put out about the album "Kings of Prog" and the singles were hardly even prog.  Granted, if you can separate the hype from the music, it shouldn't matter in terms of enjoying the end product.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #993 on: October 19, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
We can still enjoy the album. But King of Prof, and re-defining prog it is not.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #994 on: October 19, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »
My only interest here is JSS. Should I buy?

I think he comes off a bit weak on the vocal department. He pretty much stays in the angry-mode middle range voice. Nothing exciting to be honest.

I will say that the highlight of the album for me is Derek and probably Bumblefoot. Derek's playing was pretty high quality throughout the album.

Aside that, it's a massive disappointment for me. Sheehan and MP did not bring anything new to the table. Pretty much a prog version of the Winery Dogs/Adrenaline Mob with Keys.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #995 on: October 19, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
I've listened to this album several times over the past couple weeks. I enjoyed it quite a bit on my first listen but with every subsequent listen I find another thing I dislike about it. Some of those things have been stated already.
First, It doesn't live up to the hype. This is not the genre-defining prog masterpiece that DS and MP have boasted about.
Instead this is what you get:
This is a generic hard rock album with some proggy instrumental stuff in between. It's dad rock written by wannabe toughtguys who have an idea of what "tough bands" write, but none of them have actually BEEN in a "tough band". It sounds like it wants to be everything else than original. If you think this album redefines a genre - man, you can't have heard much of the genre...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I previously stated that Coming Home sounded like Adrenaline Mob with Keyboards, and I think statement is true for a lot of the heavier moments on this album.
I don't dislike it because it's not prog, I dislike it because it's uninspired, unmemorable, and dare I say, unnecessary. I don't think it's a coincidence that this came out after DT's The Astonishing.  The Astonishing was definitely lacking in terms of heavy tracks, and I think this album was written in response to that (as evidenced by Derek's tweets). It was written to appeal to those fans who are fans of the heavier side of DT. The thing is, they try too hard to make this a heavy album and to me it feels very forced. The other problem is, as others have said before, even though you have 4 extremely talented musicians and a great singer, you don't have a real songwriter in the band. And the album suffers because of that.
As many times as I've listened to it, the only riff that I find memorable is the main riff to Signs of the Time, and that's only because it's a rip off of Roots Bloody Roots - Sepultura. The rest of the songs don't have any real memorable riffs or melodies. And the riffs and melodies that are there, to me, sound uninspired and quickly thrown together. Almost like this album was written in a little over a week. Hmmm.. :justjen
On that note, the line "Cuz I'm coming home" from Coming Home sounds EXACTLY the same as the line "Cuz I am alive" from Alive. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6c2qtechpghyo4/Untitled.wav?dl=0

I also have to mention the track "Figaro's Whore". In addition to being a stupid name, it's a totally unnecessary track. It's like Eddie Van Halen's Eruption, but for keyboards. It's a minute-long organ solo by Derek with some accented notes from the other guys, but it's neither melodically nor rhythmically interesting. We already know Derek can shred a keyboard. His previous solos on the album prove that. We don't need a solo track to prove that further. This track is pointless.

JSS is wasted on this album. I believe he can be a great vocalist in the right setting, but this isn't it.
As others have said, Bumblefoot shines on this album. To me he's the MVP of this album. I'm definitely gonna check out some of his solo work. He has some very cool solos on this album, but as I said, most of the main riffs are very bland.
Billy Sheehan, surprisingly, plays the role of a bassist on this album. I was initially disappointed to hear that he would be a part of this, but he manages to restrain himself and play for the song.
MP is a great drummer, I will not deny that, but he doesn't do anything new or creative on this album. He's using the same fills he's been using for the last 10 years or so. Nothing surprises me.
Derek is also on this album.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a full review. That's all I've got to say about this disappointing project.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #996 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
I have a question for those who didn't like the album all that much. Would you guys still see the band live if they came to your city?

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #997 on: October 19, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »
i plan on seeing them yes. I don't think the music is that interesting, but it's good enough for a cool liveshow. I'm mostly wanting to go to see these 5 entertainers on the stage together.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #998 on: October 19, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »
I have a question for those who didn't like the album all that much. Would you guys still see the band live if they came to your city?
Hmmmm, good question...I think no, honestly...
And that is what I think literally about that album 
I've listened to this album several times over the past couple weeks. I enjoyed it quite a bit on my first listen but with every subsequent listen I find another thing I dislike about it. Some of those things have been stated already.
First, It doesn't live up to the hype. This is not the genre-defining prog masterpiece that DS and MP have boasted about.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I previously stated that Coming Home sounded like Adrenaline Mob with Keyboards, and I think statement is true for a lot of the heavier moments on this album.
I don't dislike it because it's not prog, I dislike it because it's uninspired, unmemorable, and dare I say, unnecessary. I don't think it's a coincidence that this came out after DT's The Astonishing.  The Astonishing was definitely lacking in terms of heavy tracks, and I think this album was written in response to that (as evidenced by Derek's tweets). It was written to appeal to those fans who are fans of the heavier side of DT. The thing is, they try too hard to make this a heavy album and to me it feels very forced. The other problem is, as others have said before, even though you have 4 extremely talented musicians and a great singer, you don't have a real songwriter in the band. And the album suffers because of that.
As many times as I've listened to it, the only riff that I find memorable is the main riff to Signs of the Time, and that's only because it's a rip off of Roots Bloody Roots - Sepultura. The rest of the songs don't have any real memorable riffs or melodies. And the riffs and melodies that are there, to me, sound uninspired and quickly thrown together. Almost like this album was written in a little over a week. Hmmm.. :justjen
On that note, the line "Cuz I'm coming home" from Coming Home sounds EXACTLY the same as the line "Cuz I am alive" from Alive. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6c2qtechpghyo4/Untitled.wav?dl=0

I also have to mention the track "Figaro's Whore". In addition to being a stupid name, it's a totally unnecessary track. It's like Eddie Van Halen's Eruption, but for keyboards. It's a minute-long organ solo by Derek with some accented notes from the other guys, but it's neither melodically nor rhythmically interesting. We already know Derek can shred a keyboard. His previous solos on the album prove that. We don't need a solo track to prove that further. This track is pointless.

JSS is wasted on this album. I believe he can be a great vocalist in the right setting, but this isn't it.
As others have said, Bumblefoot shines on this album. To me he's the MVP of this album. I'm definitely gonna check out some of his solo work. He has some very cool solos on this album, but as I said, most of the main riffs are very bland.
Billy Sheehan, surprisingly, plays the role of a bassist on this album. I was initially disappointed to hear that he would be a part of this, but he manages to restrain himself and play for the song.
MP is a great drummer, I will not deny that, but he doesn't do anything new or creative on this album. He's using the same fills he's been using for the last 10 years or so. Nothing surprises me.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a full review. That's all I've got to say about this disappointing project.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #999 on: October 19, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »

Nope. Mainly because no one comes to Richmond :P
I'd have to drive to D.C. or Maryland to see them and I don't think it'd be worth taking time off of work.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
When I look at some of my favourite records from recent times, the absolute majority of the songs on these albums do nothing new nor do they redefine a genre. These albums include To The Bone (Steven Wilson), The Source (Ayreon), Amber Galactic (Night Flight Orchestra), Stimiltude of a Dream (Neal Morse band) etc. I never expected that from this band nor do I need it. Marketing be damned, many bands overhype their latest album as the next big thing and their best ever. Unlike Adrenaline Mob I don't get "wanna be" tough music vibe from these guys (no disrespect in light of their recent tragedy, it is just my opinion of their material, despite me enjoying them occasionally), just solid rock/metal tunes with a proggy edge. If that is what the rest of the album sounds like, I am in.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1001 on: October 19, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »
I love the disco crazy break in BAI.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #1002 on: October 19, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

Actual quote:
"Derek: We’re redefining the genre!"

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1003 on: October 19, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

Actual quote:

:lol Yup! To the answer the original question, it doesn't matter - until they (DS) said that's what they were doing.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1004 on: October 19, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »

I won't post my thoughts untill tomorrow, because, like some people here, I got the (insert the "L" word here) album and can't comment on it yet, but I have to say that this is 100% accurate, imo.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2017, 01:18:54 PM »

Actual quote:

:lol
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
From everything I'm reading and the only song I heard (the first one they released) this sounds like a great contender for 'most boring album of the year'.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

100000000% Agree!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2017, 02:25:31 PM »
For me this album has been a game changer and not in a good way.

1. It led to the MP forum being shut down.
2. It lowered my personal opinion of MP and DS
3. It's the first MP related album I'm refusing to purchase and listen to simply due to the actions and attitudes of the above 2 mentioned band members. I did hear the first 2 singles and they weren't enough to overcome the negativity
4. It will probably lead to the delay of MP's far superior projects (Flying Colors & Neal Morse Band)

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »

I don't dislike it because it's not prog, I dislike it because it's uninspired, unmemorable, and dare I say, unnecessary. I don't think it's a coincidence that this came out after DT's The Astonishing.  The Astonishing was definitely lacking in terms of heavy tracks, and I think this album was written in response to that (as evidenced by Derek's tweets). It was written to appeal to those fans who are fans of the heavier side of DT. The thing is, they try too hard to make this a heavy album and to me it feels very forced.

Which is funny because this *should* appeal to me.  I HATED the Astonishing.  It has a few good songs and you can tell the band has the same great songwriters, musicians, and vocals, but it did nothing for me and I haven't listened to it in a long time.  I never really thought of it, but inadvertently I think that is why I was kind of excited for this SOA project even though I'd pretty much given up on Portnoy doing anything to excite me. 

Still won't be buying it unless I'm blown away. My friend is coming into town to see DT next month and he will be bringing SOA.  I'll give it a chance then but I'm doubtful it'll do much for me.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »

Actual quote:
And people are taking silly hype and banter seriously why, exactly?

And again to my second question, so what? Even if he'd genuinely seriously meant that they were doing something completely original, why would it affect whether the music is enjoyable or not? I guess I just struggle a bit with how many people go into music with pre-conceptions and have their opinions skewed by these.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

Actual quote:

And again to my second question, so what? Even if he'd genuinely seriously meant that they were doing something completely original, why would it affect whether the music is enjoyable or not? I guess I just struggle a bit with how many people go into music with pre-conceptions and have their opinions skewed by these.

That's kind of a weird statement to be honest.  You had preconceived notions that it would be good album. Your opinion like everyones will have a degree of subjectivity but you saw things that you liked based off of preconceived notions and it got you excited.  That's great.  Same thing happens with every album for every band and every fan. 

If people shouldn't let interviews and statements and tweets color their excitement for something then should bands just not promote their albums at all?  Furthermore, how is this the fan's burden rather than the person making these statements?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »

Actual quote:

I get that from an intellectual perspective, but think of it this way.

If you were going on a blind date that your friend set up, and he told you over and over and over how the girl looks JUST like (insert a beautiful celeb you like here). He went on for a while about it. So you're pretty excited for that thing. You were also told she loves DT or SW or whatever. Then you get on the date and the girl looks....fine, but not at all like what your friend hyped, and turns out she's not into DT or SW at all.

She's a fine girl, but a part of you is going to be disappointed and that will affect things at first, at least. I doubt you, or anyone else, would be 100% open minded and not even a little disappointed or let down when she didn't at all live up to the hype being given.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »
For my own part I don't really see anyone "taking silly hype and banter seriously", I think the people you're (ariich) talking about are simply mocking Derek's words now that they've heard the album. To me this album is dreary shit, an hour of insipid riffs awkwardly punctuated by shoehorned solo sections and unremarkable technical exercises, and Derek's perception of it only amuses me. I certainly can't describe myself as taking it at all "seriously". And in any case Derek enjoys internet repartee and has, I'm told, a quirky and sarcasm-based sense of humour, so I'm sure he also won't take any of this seriously.

As to your 2nd question about why an artist's words about their upcoming album affects people's enjoyment of it when it drops - I don't suppose it does. I think people will experience this album (any album) in two stages. First, they'll listen to decide if they enjoy it, and that will be 99.99% of their relationship with the record. Then, perhaps in an idle moment, they may remember how the artist described it before release and judge whether their own perception of the album matches the artist's. That's all really. I haven't really seen anyone say "I dislike this album because it isn't what Derek promised it would be". I've instead seen "I dislike this album, and by the way, on a separate issue, I don't feel it's what Derek promised it would be".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:50:20 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline LTE777

« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
Just listened to this album 5 times all way through on Spotify.

This album is ok, but nothing special here and sounds like a blend of about 5 different bands and probably wont listen to this again.

Its like they had 8 hard rock songs then pasted some progressive metal sections in random places and it sounds like a bit of identity crisis.

Also, what's with the complete Haken 1985 rip off at the end of Labyrinth?????  Not even subtle....