Author Topic: The outrage over "Try That In A Small Town" by Jason Aldean  (Read 4120 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The outrage over "Try That In A Small Town" by Jason Aldean
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2023, 10:20:05 AM »
I did see people calling for him, Lod Rock and Nugent to play at the SB Halftime show.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2023, 10:48:27 AM »
The less time I spend thinking about Sheryl Crow and Ted Nugent, the better.  :coolio :coolio

Word on that.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2023, 10:53:16 AM »
The less time I spend thinking about Sheryl Crow and Ted Nugent, the better.  :coolio :coolio

Word on that.

Remember when you told me, in private without witnesses, that her cover of Sweet Child O' Mine was the definitive version of the song?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2023, 11:13:04 AM »

Word on that.

Remember when you told me, in private without witnesses, that her cover of Sweet Child O' Mine was the definitive version of the song?

I was drunk at the time.   :)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »

Word on that.

I was drunk at the time.   :)
Excuses, excuses   :biggrin:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline romdrums

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »

Word on that.

I always thought it was weird that Axl Rose went into the future to steal that song from her and then butcher it on Appetite for Destruction.  ;) :D
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2023, 11:28:30 AM »

Word on that.

I always thought it was weird that Axl Rose went into the future to steal that song from her and then butcher it on Appetite for Destruction.  ;) :D

Did she really do a version of that?  I like the Carrie Underwood and Fergie versions of Paradise City, but I don't recall hearing Sheryl Crowe do SCO'M. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2023, 11:29:27 AM »

Word on that.

Did she really do a version of that?  I like the Carrie Underwood and Fergie versions of Paradise City, but I don't recall hearing Sheryl Crowe do SCO'M.

She definitely does. I heard it on my work muzak the other day and it blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2023, 11:29:57 AM »

Word on that.

You told me you thought she wrote it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowwMR1hDPM

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »
I don't go out of my way to hear it, but that All I Wanna Do song by Crow is solid.  I enjoy it if it comes on the radio at work or something.

I love Damn Yankees, so that constitutes about 99% of my Nugent listening.  I have all his classic rock staples in my iTunes (maybe 10 songs?) and a few by Amoby Dukes, but I rarely think to listen to any of them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2023, 12:06:38 PM »
I like Sheryl Crow a ton. Her self titled second album is excellent.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2023, 12:37:56 PM »
I don't go out of my way to hear it, but that All I Wanna Do song by Crow is solid. 
Oh I can't stand that song. It's nothing but hipster babble.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2023, 03:11:55 PM »
I don't go out of my way to hear it, but that All I Wanna Do song by Crow is solid. 
Oh I can't stand that song. It's nothing but hipster babble.

Hipster babble? I am not even sure what that means.  :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2023, 03:20:16 PM »
It's what Daddy-O's think like, man. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2023, 09:25:23 AM »
I used to watch Dan Rather's "The Big Interview" religiously.  Something like 50 interviews with mostly musicians, some actors, and done with the usual high level of Mr. Rather (of whom I'm a big fan).  It has MATERIALLY changed how I think about many of these celebrities/artists.  Someone like Kenny Loggins, or Simon Cowell, who I actively disliked, I got a fresh appreciation for and really came around.  Of all the interviews I watched, I've only come out DISLIKING the artist more three times:  Carlos Santana, the shovel toothed woman from Alaska I'm blanking on her name ("Who will save... your soul!") and Sheryl Crow.  Santana, just because he was sort of a space shot and was all over the map; just seemed like he was making up the sort of "mystical shaman" image he's sort of cultivated, but there didn't seem to be any substance there (maybe there were SUBSTANCES there, but I don't know.  I joke, I joke).  Shovel Tooth was just vapid.   

Sheryl Crow just struck me as a clueless, entitled celebrity of the worst sort.  She's pontificating about social issues while sitting in her million dollar barn studio with literally $25,000+ in guitars hanging off the wall.  It just came off really smarmy and self-serving.  I didn't get any sense of the sort of empathy I get from someone who is also, nominally, an entitled celebrity, Bruce Springsteen.  Bruce at least has an authenticity cultivated over decades; I got NONE of that from Sheryl Crow.  And don't get me started on how this woman is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when Phil Collins and Iron Maiden are not boggles the mind to incomprehension.   I just don't like her.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 10:42:35 AM by Stadler »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2023, 09:27:29 AM »
Amen Stadler.

I like the Dan Rather interviews too. His one with Alice Cooper was disappointing though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »
The Steve Perry interview was the worst.  He is so self centered. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2023, 10:58:58 AM »
Perry reminds me of Dennis DeYoung in that when he talks, it is easy to see why his former band doesn't want him back, although Journey has their own internal gas leaks, as opposed to Styx, who seems pretty drama-free now.

And I am with ya, Bill, on Crow.  I get that it is a lot more difficult for women to make it in the music industry, especially back in the 90s when she rose to fame, but something about her has always seemed shady.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
Perry reminds me of Dennis DeYoung in that when he talks, it is easy to see why his former band doesn't want him back, although Journey has their own internal gas leaks, as opposed to Styx, who seems pretty drama-free now.

And I am with ya, Bill, on Crow.  I get that it is a lot more difficult for women to make it in the music industry, especially back in the 90s when she rose to fame, but something about her has always seemed shady.

The Behind The Music for Styx was such a trip to watch...Dennis was an absolute douche for sure, and throughout the whole thing Tommy is basically 'yeah, he's a douche'....they talk about the moment they knew they were done in their big time format, they followed fucking Triumph at their peak at a festival with their stage production of Kilroy with acting and shit, and basically got shit upon. Tommy recalls one reviewer calling their set a 'parking lot full of whale vomit' :rollin :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2023, 03:07:59 PM »
Well, Dennis has called that Behind the Music a hit piece, and I still stand by my opinion that the band did him dirty with the way he was ousted, but while I love the guy's voice and songwriting during their peak era, he seems like a guy who would be really difficult to work with for any length of time, so I get why they took the first chance they had to dropkick him out of the band.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2023, 03:55:48 PM »
Well, Dennis has called that Behind the Music a hit piece, and I still stand by my opinion that the band did him dirty with the way he was ousted, but while I love the guy's voice and songwriting during their peak era, he seems like a guy who would be really difficult to work with for any length of time, so I get why they took the first chance they had to dropkick him out of the band.

I can totally see why he'd call it a hit piece lol, it straight up does him dirty for sure. I totally agree that he was key to one of the best ever 4 album runs of Grand Illusion---Paradise Theater..

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2023, 03:57:58 PM »
I'm happy Kev. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2023, 05:02:02 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2023, 05:22:07 PM »
It is.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2023, 05:43:29 PM »
I'm glad for you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2023, 05:51:07 PM »
Thank you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2023, 07:32:28 PM »
I'm playing. You know what I think about DDY.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2023, 08:32:35 AM »
Some of you all might enjoy this comedy clip from Trae Crowder on this topic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgTPyTFPMM
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2023, 10:11:11 AM »
Some of you all might enjoy this comedy clip from Trae Crowder on this topic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgTPyTFPMM

Glorious.

Bucksnort, TN  :lol