Author Topic: MP forum Roll Call  (Read 23932 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: MP forum Roll Call
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2021, 04:50:16 PM »
I was a regular over there until an especially awful relapse back into drinking that led to a blackout in which I posted a bunch of really stupid shit and got banned.  I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since.  I think it's been around 10 years now, I don't maintain a "sobriety date" because I smoke more pot than Cheech and Chong.  :lol

Nice to know the story around that. I remember that epic period and wondered what was going on. And I echoed this in another thread, but it's very cool to see the classic kirk avatar.

That site was my first online presence. I was also at DT.net but bailed as it was toxic after getting into a nasty fight with someone. I post here about as much as I did at MP's place. Visit probably dozens of times per day but don't post much. If it wasn't for the UFO thread here my post count would be a lot lower.

Gone is octobarns, the Gaahl thread and all of the awesome SteveJohnson photoshops, among many other things.

Good times.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2021, 06:43:28 PM »
I was a regular over there until an especially awful relapse back into drinking that led to a blackout in which I posted a bunch of really stupid shit and got banned.  I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since.  I think it's been around 10 years now, I don't maintain a "sobriety date" because I smoke more pot than Cheech and Chong.  :lol
Gone is octobarns, the Gaahl thread and all of the awesome SteveJohnson photoshops, among many other things.

Good times.
The octobarns and Gaahl threads were pure gold! Was the blastbears thread over on MP too? Or was that here? I can't remember, but that thread was great too.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2021, 04:17:50 AM »
Lol, Gaahl posts were great

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »
Mr. Cymbal.   

Offline emtee

« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »
It was my place. My home away from home. What the local record store used to be but more. Many great conversations over the years. Some lowlights and many highlights. I remember vividly sitting in front of my computer for the Score show and reading posts from those who were there. Wey was a great mod. I still miss it, but in an odd way, it was a blessing when it shut down. I was addicted and life was passing me by. I've accomplished so much since those days. And yet, I truly miss it and all the people there.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »
Found Steve's website. He still has some of his Gaahl stuff up there.

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2021, 08:19:45 AM »
Mr. Cymbal.
I tried to type a couple of sentences like that once and it was an absolute nightmare. I can't imagine doing that in paragraphs every single post. That dude had a real commitment to his style.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »
Mr. Cymbal.

You beat me to it!

Man, I'd love to know who that was behind those crazy posts!

Whereever you are, hope you are doing wel Mr. Cymbal!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2021, 08:31:23 AM »
Found Steve's website. He still has some of his Gaahl stuff up there.

:rollin

All of these were pure gold!

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2021, 10:10:38 AM »
Mr. Cymbal.
I tried to type a couple of sentences like that once and it was an absolute nightmare. I can't imagine doing that in paragraphs every single post. That dude had a real commitment to his style.

I was going to say that in my post.  That one post took me like 20 minutes, and that DOESN'T count the editing when I found out that some of the colors I picked were illegible.   Man. The only thing I can think of is he set a macro or something.  Or a font (I never checked if each letter was always the same color/size).

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2021, 11:02:32 PM »
Mr. Cymbal.

You beat me to it!

Man, I'd love to know who that was behind those crazy posts!

Whereever you are, hope you are doing wel Mr. Cymbal!
I always wondered what happened to that guy or where he is now.

And who was the guy that would always respond as 2 separate people, but 99% the second person never said anything?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline HOF

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
I was at The Forum since the early days. I can’t remember if I joined before the crash or just after, but I know I was reading it around the time it started. The Genesis, Rush, and Marillion discography threads over there played a huge part in those three becoming my favorite bands. I also remember lots of dumb random stuff that happened there that I tried to explain to friends in real life but you just had to be there.