Author Topic: MP forum Roll Call  (Read 23867 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: MP forum Roll Call
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »
Quote from: Kattelox link=topic=509

[quote author=Vakaren link=topic=50901.msg2356872#msg2356872 date=1505961029
How long can winter color your every word?

Lethean?

I'm thinking I want to change my name.  This one is fine, but I like Lethean better. (The song is better too).  The forum help has instructions for changing your display name, but they don't seem to match what I'm seeing.  Does anyone know if a user can change their display name?

When I joined here I did it under NOMACS but asked Bosk1 to change it to MR and he did it fast
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:02:22 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »
Why do MP Forum refugees get to change their names but I can't? I've heard the black_floyd is now available as a screen name...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »
Quote from: Kattelox link=topic=509

[quote author=Vakaren link=topic=50901.msg2356872#msg2356872 date=1505961029

Lethean?

I'm thinking I want to change my name.  This one is fine, but I like Lethean better. (The song is better too).  The forum help has instructions for changing your display name, but they don't seem to match what I'm seeing.  Does anyone know if a user can change their display name?

When I joined here I did it under NOMACS but asked Bosk1 to change it to MR and he did it fast
Nomacs is cool. :)  But I get wanting to return to your identity, which is how I felt too. :)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »
Who from the regulars are we still missing now? Fish, BrickGlass, Colin007, Ben (Jewish chap, don't remember his surname, Rosenburg?), pullmyfinger, adhargis, MusicTriviaNut, and the Australian contingent (Ink and Paul Sommer). Who else? And does anyone know if Tupaloop has an account here?

pullmyfinger it's already here with a different user name, I'll wait until he reveals himself

Offline Dtman2112

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
Hey guys!! Just noticed this thread. Man, was I having major withdrawals after visiting the forum 10 times a day (mostly lurking) for th past 15 years. Glad to see familiar names.

Offline emtee

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
Josh I don't know about, but emtee has posted here for quite a while already.

Yes sir. Glad anyone even noticed  :P

Generally I don't post except in the music section and occasionally in the DT section. I guess I missed this thread.

Anyhoo...glad to see everyone here!!

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
Who from the regulars are we still missing now? Fish, BrickGlass, Colin007, Ben (Jewish chap, don't remember his surname, Rosenburg?), pullmyfinger, adhargis, MusicTriviaNut, and the Australian contingent (Ink and Paul Sommer). Who else? And does anyone know if Tupaloop has an account here?

pullmyfinger it's already here with a different user name, I'll wait until he reveals himself

I've been assuming he's 'As I Am'. If he isn't, then he and 'As I Am' should really get together and go bowling some time.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »
I gave ben a heads up about this place, hopefully he'll rejoin us.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »

ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Yes, he is As I Am
I've been assuming he's 'As I Am'. If he isn't, then he and 'As I Am' should really get together and go bowling some time.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »

ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Yes, he is As I Am

I was thinking that could be him. :)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2017, 06:34:33 AM »
Lots of capitals and emoticons, tied with a pro-MP stance rule heavily in favour of it being PMF. Lack of bold text does provide some doubt, though!

It's nice to read a little pro-MP sentiment from him in those threads. Provides a modicum of balance :lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2017, 07:17:28 AM »

I don't know you tell me
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline coz

« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
Include me in the migration.  Never really posted much over at The Forum.  Reading since the SFAM dissection days has been a daily ritual of mine.  Feels strange having the place shut down.
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline coz

« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Also, is there a mobile theme for the forum? Do you have to do the verification thing every single time you post?
I'm wondering the same questions.
~Carlos

Offline Lethean

« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2017, 09:43:08 PM »

I don't know you tell me[/color]

tHAt makes El Barto remember things he didn't

before. his REcollection is now nearER to COMPlete.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online faizoff

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:57 AM »
Also, is there a mobile theme for the forum? Do you have to do the verification thing every single time you post?

What verification are you guys talking about? I can't remember ever doing that when I first joined to post something.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »
Paging Mr Cymbal...

Offline coz

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2017, 12:49:59 AM »

What verification are you guys talking about? I can't remember ever doing that when I first joined to post something.

I haven't seen it since my first or second post but there was one of those "I am not a robot" verification deals at first.  The one on here has some tough characters to read on a particular background.  It also might have something to do with my color vision deficiency.
~Carlos

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2017, 06:59:19 AM »
Paging Mr Cymbal...

HAHAHA!  I love Mr. Cymbal.   One of the few things from the old forum that translated beyond the hype (for me, anyway). 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:33 AM »
So - the JT thread is where I would have gone to talk about the shooting. I know there's a political forum here but you have to be here a while before participating (makes sense).  Can we discuss it at all here? If we leave the politics out of it? 

I don't even know that I have all that much to say, but, this is pretty awful. I have not watched any footage yet. I can't imagine what the victims went through.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
So - the JT thread is where I would have gone to talk about the shooting. I know there's a political forum here but you have to be here a while before participating (makes sense).  Can we discuss it at all here? If we leave the politics out of it? 

I don't even know that I have all that much to say, but, this is pretty awful. I have not watched any footage yet. I can't imagine what the victims went through.
You've been around for nearly a year and have 150 posts, so you should be able to request access to the P&R boards.

General Discussion should be free from political and religious discussion, but that's not to say that major occurrences like this can't be discussed at all, just that the discussion shouldn't be a political one.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
I actually came here from MP.com a few years ago and it was, up to the split, the forum I visited the most.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

This is the first I'm even hearing about it (just got home for lunch). That is absolutely horrific. Can't really find any other words for it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

This is the first I'm even hearing about it (just got home for lunch). That is absolutely horrific. Can't really find any other words for it.
I found out about it late as well - was in a hurry this morning and didn't listen to any news.  Then when I found out I realized I have 2 friends vacationing there - both are fine, though one was out when it happened and saw people start running in the streets.  He went back to his hotel and apparently there were reports of 3 shooters on the news and possible bombs.  What a nightmare just to experience that much; but to have been right in the middle of it is something else entirely.

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2017, 01:12:55 PM »
i'm a little late to the party. i was on the MP forum since before the crash. i havent seriously posted in years. its good to be here though!

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
i'm a little late to the party. i was on the MP forum since before the crash. i havent seriously posted in years. its good to be here though!

Welcome, Hooty McBoob!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline frogprog

« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »
Hi Guys
Finally got approved. I was progfrog over at MP. I had visited there everyday since 2000 so I was really bummed when the doors closed. I don't post much but I'm glad to be back with my peeps!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »
Checking in, same user name.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »
Checking in, same user name.

Welcome to DTF. Good to have you around.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
BAHAHA :rollin

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2017, 01:58:40 AM »
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline playfan

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2017, 01:00:26 AM »
Hi everyone!

I was on the MP Forum for many years (since '06 if I remember correctly) but lurked more than posted.
Anyway, checking in and hope everyone is doing well!

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:14 AM »
Hello gang!
I was Rushman over there, but it's a new world over here.

Offline Hourglass Prison

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
Hello gang!
I was Rushman over there, but it's a new world over here.
New World Rushman! I love it! Welcome.