Author Topic: ProgPower USA XX, Sept 4-7 2019 - Pretty Maids-Evergrey-Seventh Wonder-Dem&Wiz+  (Read 37694 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just got back to my bed and wow amazing weekend, so upset its over.  I did tell two drunk people to stop being fucking idiots and as the guy was going to say something back he tripped and fell backwards onto the seats behind him  :rollin They were also giving the finger to Jon and that was not cool which was what triggered me to confront them.  Either way, I like to take credit for starting the huge wall of people in the pit when they played Tear Down the Walls, and the wall kept coming back and erupting when they finished.  The look on their faces was priceless.  Since I was drenched in sweat, I got no video so I'm hoping to see some soon  :metal :corn

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
No Valhalla video...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I had more fun this year at ProgPower than I've ever had in my life. And the first year set the bar pretty high. I have such an incredible group of friends. Marc and Chad are both fucking awesome guys and I really don't want to go home tomorrow.

Soooo much amazing stuff. Holy shit do I love this festival. I really don't know what I'll do when it wraps up.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

Dude, I really really wish I could've been there with you guys. From seeing posts from the PPUSA FB fan page, and Marcs vids, it was fun just watching from the outside...(in)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

Shattered Skies, please play Beneath The Waves. That would be worth the trip next year.

Offline Lethean

It was awesome seeing Kattelox again and meeting cramx and jingle.  Let's do this again next year.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sucks so much to be going home, had an absolute blast with everyone, and it was super fun to chill with DTFers Jingle, Kat, and Lethean.

Looking forward to laying in bed with my cat in a few hours though, poor guy is probably so mad at me

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Lethean... sorry I didn’t get a chance to see you after D&W. I didn’t make it to the Artmore as I wasn’t feeling so hot - and had a terrible night. Picked up a bug or food poisoning, and I’m dyin this morning. Hope the Threahold meet/greet thing was awesome for you!  So jelly. Best set of the show for me.

Bigger debrief later when I’m at a laptop, and feelin better.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
It was awesome seeing Kattelox again and meeting cramx and jingle.  Let's do this again next year.

You know it's already happening  :biggrin: :corn  :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You guys didn't ask Lethean to take a picture with you guys?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Lethean is a vampire. Wouldn’t have turned out anyway.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
 :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

:rollin

Offline Lethean

Lethean... sorry I didn’t get a chance to see you after D&W. I didn’t make it to the Artmore as I wasn’t feeling so hot - and had a terrible night. Picked up a bug or food poisoning, and I’m dyin this morning. Hope the Threahold meet/greet thing was awesome for you!  So jelly. Best set of the show for me.

Bigger debrief later when I’m at a laptop, and feelin better.

I hope you're feeling better!  I was looking forward to chatting with you more about how amazing Threshold was, but if you were under the weather I totally get it.  The meet and greet was awesome. :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Made it home just in time to watch the Giants  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
My loot isn't nearly as much as Kat or his friend's and I'm sure others, but I am pretty happy with my haul: (haul does not include all the pictures I have with band members, I still need to go through them all)

Seventh Wonder signed Day 3 ticket and Welcome to Atlanta DVD, Galneryus event tshirt, signed day 2 ticket, and Syu guitar pick he threw from stage. Demons & Wizards signed day 4 ticket, Caligula's Horse signed In Contact album, progpower event tshirt, and their official magazine (I still need to read this, slept on the plane where I planned on reading it) and the CD sampler.

I just finished uploading all my videos onto my PC and tomorrow will be a massive day of video editing.  I hope to have at least day 1 up tomorrow, with the rest finished or almost finished so I can get them up while I continue my vacation next week.

Also, here's my playlist of the full live songs I captured (19 total):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86QQPZzHnz8&list=PL8Xat1WaNEGukhvH2zMLz4pjaF2pJz-9k
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 04:42:08 PM by cramx3 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Looking forward to the videos!

Where is your Theocracy swag?

I like the Japavarius shirt. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Where is your Theocracy swag?

They weren't one of "my bands" this festival, but they won me over and were the best of day 1 IMO.  I did not get any of their swag.  Chad and I talked to the drummer and he went and bought a shirt immediately after that convo.  I do wish they were on the original roster ( or announced as a replacement earlier) so I could have had more time to get into them, because they are right up my ally.

Offline T-ski

curious to the reception to Poets of the Fall.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Mostly very positive.  Solid crowd for them, but yea, definitely not the biggest reception and some people bitched online.  They really were good though.  Played a heavier set, did some awesome guitar solos that match anyone else playing the weekend (except maybe Syu).  Other than reading it online, everyone I spoke to had a very positive reaction to them.  My Dark Disquiet is on my playlist  :metal

Offline T-ski

Mostly very positive.  Solid crowd for them, but yea, definitely not the biggest reception and some people bitched online.  They really were good though.  Played a heavier set, did some awesome guitar solos that match anyone else playing the weekend (except maybe Syu).  Other than reading it online, everyone I spoke to had a very positive reaction to them.  My Dark Disquiet is on my playlist  :metal

:metal
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What is the main venue of the festival?

Offline Lethean

Center Stage.  And it was the only venue this year.  Next year day 1 will be in The Loft which is much smaller.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just Google Imaged it.

Wow, that looks like a great venue.

Offline Lethean

It really is.  You should come next year.  Witherfall is playing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, let's just say that my wife would not be as cool as Chad's. :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
You are supposed to bring her with you.

I'm going to try to make it next year. We shall see how that goes... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Back to reality.   ;D

Offline Lethean

Stadler, I've met Firewings and have now met two members of DTF but *someone* from the MP forum remains elusive....

Offline Lethean

You are supposed to bring her with you.

I'm going to try to make it next year. We shall see how that goes... :corn
:metal

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Back to reality.   ;D

Oh, there goes gravity.

Did Hansi really say this was D&W last ever show? I thought Jon said in an interview it wasn't out of the realm of possibility to do another tour.

Offline Lethean

I thought he just meant the last show of the tour, and didn't he say "for a long time" or something similar?

Offline Ben_Jamin

Who's playing Days 1 & 2 next year. I'm gonna buy tickets regardless if I can attend or not. Can always sell them if life happens to interfere :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Who's playing Days 1 & 2 next year. I'm gonna buy tickets regardless if I can attend or not. Can always sell them if life happens to interfere :lol

All we know is Power Quest Day 1 in the Loft, Day 2 will be a normal 4 band day 2 but nothing was announced.

and D&W pretty much said its the last foreseeable show.  Not that it's the last ever, but they probably don't think it will happen again anytime soon and maybe never again.  Hopefully not the case, they seem fairly well received