Author Topic: ProgPower USA XX, Sept 4-7 2019 - Pretty Maids-Evergrey-Seventh Wonder-Dem&Wiz+  (Read 36491 times)

Offline Lethean

Maybe you should just have your friend come for Saturday, and whatever he manages to see Friday night?  There are still people trying to sell tickets and it gets harder and harder the closer it gets.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Maybe you should just have your friend come for Saturday, and whatever he manages to see Friday night?  There are still people trying to sell tickets and it gets harder and harder the closer it gets.

I suggested but he doesn't want to find a flight and all that bullshit. I'm flying in from New Mexico.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I bought mine a couple years ago from someone on the Progpower official forum.  If you'd rather something more secure for selling:

https://www.stubhub.com/progpower-usa-tickets-progpower-usa-atlanta-center-stage-theatre-9-7-2018/event/103781159/

Only one ticket listed there for $209 (before fees).  You can probably lower your price and get a sale I'd think.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
There's also a FB group where people are trying to unload tix
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

Whats that group called.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

I bought mine a couple years ago from someone on the Progpower official forum.  If you'd rather something more secure for selling:

https://www.stubhub.com/progpower-usa-tickets-progpower-usa-atlanta-center-stage-theatre-9-7-2018/event/103781159/

Only one ticket listed there for $209 (before fees).  You can probably lower your price and get a sale I'd think.

Yeah id put it up for $175

also...would it work for print at home.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:41:17 AM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Whats that group called.

ProgPower USA Unofficial - https://www.facebook.com/groups/477044535793263/

It's a closed group, so you have to request membership.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

Whats that group called.

ProgPower USA Unofficial - https://www.facebook.com/groups/477044535793263/

It's a closed group, so you have to request membership.

I'll just go the Stubhub route and then print the ticket at home and send it if it sells.

edit: They're listed now...

Thanks Cram for that. It was easy and seems pretty easy to send it out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:58:05 AM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline Ben_Jamin

You know what really sucks?

I might not be able to attend either. Family situations suddenly arose, but I'm gonna wait till next week to post my ticket for sale. Just in case things change, but Damn.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
IT'S HERE!

Packing my stuff for my first ever ProgPower. Who all is coming, officially? I'm meeting a bunch of people down there. If you're going, send me a message, we should say hi sometime  :biggrin: See you down in Atlanta!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I will be there Friday. Probably up in the seats for the first three acts and down in the pit for the final three, and at the Artmore party afterwards.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Heading down early Wednesday morning and will be there all 4 nights.  Really looking forward to this  :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

I'm gonna try my best to make this show. If so, I'll be leaving early Thursday morning and arriving around 2-3.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Waiting to board my flight. So pumped for Nocturnal Rites tonight, definitely my most looking forward to band since I've been a fan for so long and the last 10 years hiatus sucked but now is the time to see this band. They are flying in from a Japan tour though so I hope they arent too jet lagged.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Cool...I'm packing all my stuff now. Getting last mintue stuff done. I'm heading out early in the morning. Arriving round 2-3. Hope to see ya guys there as well.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

I printed my email to Nocturnal Rites from 5 years ago in the hotel lobby to bring for them to sign tonight  :lol  This e-mail my buddy and I wrote is ridiculous and did get a response from them during their hiatus, I hope they remember it because either it will be funny to them or they will think I'm crazy.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Just Boarding the plane now. Will let Cramx and Kattle know when I arrive. Hell yeah so excited for my first ProgPower tomorrow.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
We proudly present our Days 1 & 2 Roster for 2019:

Wednesday, Day 1:
Iron Mask (Multi-national) *US EXCLUSIVE*
Secret Sphere (Italy) *US EXCLUSIVE*
Insomnium (Finland)
Pretty Maids (Denmark) *US EXCLUSIVE*

Thursday, Day 2:
Tomorrow's Eve (German) *US EXCLUSIVE*
MaYaN (Multi-national)
Galneryus (Japan) *US EXCLUSIVE*
Evergrey (Sweden)

Dates: September 4-5, 2019
Tickets on sale Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018 via Ticketmaster ~jen

A whole lotta meh here for me, not that there is stuff I wouldn't enjoy. The only big draw for me is Secret Sphere, and I'd love to see Evergrey again, but they'll likely tour around it anyway. Can pretty much say if I attend in 2019 it'll just be Friday-Saturday.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Highly doubt I'll get to Atlanta unless something amazing is on Fri/Sat...but man I hope Secret Sphere ties onto a tour with one of the bigger bands(like Gloryhammer is doing this year), I'd love to see them live.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's promising.  Agree with Nick on the Evergrey comments.  SS, Pretty Maids are super appealing to me; Tomorrow's Eve, and Iron Mask are bands that I've enjoyed more than a few things from.  Insomnium and MaYaN are meh.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Highly doubt I'll get to Atlanta unless something amazing is on Fri/Sat...but man I hope Secret Sphere ties onto a tour with one of the bigger bands(like Gloryhammer is doing this year), I'd love to see them live.

You did see "US Exclusive" beside SS, right?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I wasn't blown away by the day 1 and 2 roster either.  Maybe PP is an every other year thing for me.  However, the attendees seemed to love it, lots and lots of cheers for each band. 

Had a blast last night.  Ross the Boss wasn't really my thing.  I couldn't get into the singer, but their set list improved as their show went on, apparently those were the classic Manowar hit songs so I guess that's why it got a bit better, but was never really my thing.
Ross the Boss - Hatred

Gloryhammer was really awesome surprisingly.  I thought they were a bit too cheesy for me (and I enjoy cheese) but they put on a fun live show that really had everyone into it.  They were fun.  The singer had issues, first song his mic was off, and his headset didn't work the entire set I think, but besides the first song, it wasn't really noticeable.
Gloryhammer - The Hollywood Hootsman

Nocturnal Rites were the main draw for me and I was a bit dissapointed.  The singer's voice was shot and he was looking sick (they did just travel around the world from Japan to play) which he did admit and apologize for.  But he couldn't sing any of the awesome parts.  The guitarist was great and they did a couple jams that were really cool and fun.  Their setlist was great too, just not the greatest performance sadly.  Also, they threw like 500 picks into the crowd.  I got 4 of them  :lol  I don't think I've seen so many guitar picks.  People were picking them up off the ground by the handful and giving them to others.  I also did get to meet them during their signing session which was really awesome.
Nocturnal Rites - Never Again

Voyager was fantastic.  I wasn't really into them, but got Ghost Mile recently which I enjoyed and they played lots from it including some live debuts .  They did a cover medley which included Africa and also had a keytar duel with the guy from Alestorm (who is also in Gloryhammer?! I didn't realize that).  They played a really long set too, almost 2 hours.
Voyager - Lifeline (live debut)

Good news, I am not hungover and looking forward to night 2  :metal :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Yeah, but we got a year to change that.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Or a year to cancel.  Which sadly is a real possibility with any of these bands and PP's history. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
Re: ProgPower USA XIX, Sept 5-8 2018 - SoA,Tarja,Redemption,Voyager,Vuur++
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2018, 08:24:35 AM »

They will either play PP only or they will not play the US at all. No band (especially a smaller one) has ever or will ever be announced as a US exclusive and have it changed later.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
Wednesday night review:

Voyager  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Nocturnal Rites (awesome guitar player)

Ross the Boss (OK)

Gloryhammer (wayyyyy too much cheese)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »

They will either play PP only or they will not play the US at all. No band (especially a smaller one) has ever or will ever be announced as a US exclusive and have it changed later.

I would suspect that "US Exclusives" means that PPUSA is going to be the visa sponsor.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »

I would suspect that "US Exclusives" means that PPUSA is going to be the visa sponsor.

ProgPower has US exclusive performances all of the time.  Glenn pays all expenses for the bands - travel, hotel, etc.  Bands will fly here, play the festival, then fly home on HIS dime.  When they confirm a band as a US Exclusive, it truly means that it will be the ONLY show in the US for that band during the year, since Glenn isn't paying for the band to go on tour in rest of the US.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
I guess Portnoy didn't get that message.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »
Well thanks for crushing my hopes guys...

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
I guess Portnoy didn't get that message.

He chose to add more shows and book a small tour on his own, due to the demand.  Here is the original press release.  Angel Dust was booked as a US Exclusive.  Portnoy was not.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mike-portnoy-to-perform-dream-theater-12-step-suite-at-next-years-progpower-usa-festival/

The ProgPower USA 2017 billing is as follows:

Friday, September 8, 2017
SUNBURST (Greece)
DISTORTED HARMONY (Israel)
LORDS OF BLACK (Spain)
ANGEL DUST (Germany) (U.S. exclusive)

MYRATH (Tunisia)
MIKE PORTNOY'S SHATTERED FORTRESS (USA)
Saturday, September 9, 2017
TERAMAZE (Australia)
DYNAZTY (Sweden)
SNOWY SHAW (Sweden)
PAIN (Sweden)
AMARANTHE (Sweden)
KATATONIA (Sweden)

When ProgPower announces a performance as a US exclusive, they have confirmed that the band will not play any other US shows.  It gives them the ability to promote the show as an exclusive show, unique to the festival.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2018, 09:26:53 AM »
Wow...Not really a bad seat in the house, right?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Haha just met like 7 people going to ProgPower here at the Houston Airport. Pretty funny and cool. One guy was wearing a Savatage In Memory of Chris shirt.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
Wow...Not really a bad seat in the house, right?

Center stage is an awesome venue, great seats everywhere

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:33 AM »
Yeah, they really have an ideal setup there for that festival.