Author Topic: South Park season 21  (Read 3127 times)

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
South Park season 21
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:27:27 AM »
Finally, with a chance to put last season behind them, season 21 has begun! And the first episode was... entirely disappointing :yeahright. I'm having a hard time seeing what the point was. Where's the funny?

Offline kaos2900

Re: South Park season 21
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:02:14 AM »
Haven't watched it yet but I have not heard many good things. Last season was terrible and I really wish they would have ended the show around season 18. As much as I loved South Park it's time for it to end.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:22:27 AM »
As much as I loved South Park it's time for it to end.

Agree 100%

South park was one of my very favorite shows growing up, but just like the simpsons, for the love of god just let it die already. Jesus

This is what i think of whenever the studio execs greenlight another season

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »
I thought it was better than anything from the last two seasons - with the exception of the scene in season 19 in which PC Principal beats Cartman's ass and the other kids are watching through the window - but it wasn't that funny. The comments on Facebook made it sound like Cartman and Randy were hilarious, but they weren't.

I don't think it's time for the show to end. I get the feeling they're trying to embrace what made some of the older seasons great. There's that vibe in the new season premiere, maybe the rest of the season will hit the mark this time. I watched some episodes from seasons 10 and 11 recently and they still crack me up. The Dog Whisperer episode puts me in stitches when Cartman loses it on the sidewalk with the leash.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:46:15 AM »
I was watching the Wal Mart episode last night and loving it.  I haven't watched the latest epsiode yet, but that's not a good start from what I'm reading.  The show is pretty much full on disappointment at this stage, but I still enjoy it on some level.  I'll watch this episode soon.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »
It is refreshing in a way, at the start you see Heidi show up and Cartman's immediately like "ugh what the hell do you want okay fine bye", makes me think they saw all the backlash to his character last season. But yeah, not as good as some have said.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 04:50:07 AM »
First episode was terrible. I really, really wish they'd just go back to making completely random episodes. I'm sick of every episode now having to tie to a current event. Cartman Land, Scott Tenorman Must Die, 4th Grade, Sea People, Trapper Keeper, Jackofosaurs, Imagination Land, The Brown Note... What happened to all that gold? I was really hoping this season would get away from politics completely, and in true current Southpark fashion, they went for focussing on delivering message rather than just being silly and/or funny.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »
Remember the episode where they broke the dam and Cartman convinced Kyle to hand over the Jew gold? LMAO.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:29 PM »
I don't understand. If you don't like the show now, why do you watch it then? The show should end just because YOU don't enjoy it? What about all the people who enjoy it?

Don't get me wrong. I think South Park has been getting worse, but saying that it should end is already going too far. There are a lot of people who like it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
I watched the latest episode and honestly liked it.  The plot was kind of stupid, but I was dying when cartman got all the alexas to repeat the same phrases.  The plotline was definitely odd and felt poorly written, but I laughed a lot during that episode. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 09:15:05 AM »
I don't have an Alexa or google home or whatever, but apparently the episode wreaked some havoc for a lot of people that did.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 10:30:24 AM »
I don't have an Alexa or google home or whatever, but apparently the episode wreaked some havoc for a lot of people that did.
I didn't even know those things existed before watching the episode.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

Didn't even think about that possibility of people with Alexas in their room while watching the show.  That is gold if it really did cause people to have titty chips added to their shopping list.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »

Didn't even think about that possibility of people with Alexas in their room while watching the show.  That is gold if it really did cause people to have titty chips added to their shopping list.  :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »
Mark Zuckerberg  :rollin

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
Im two weeks behind, but I think this season has been solid so far from the first three episodes. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »
I thought this week's episode with Zuckerberg and the Coon & Friends stuff was hilarious, easily the best one yet. Favorite moments were at the end with Butters being taken to Putin, and the whole meeting about the three phases of C&F movies. The very last movie of phase three has "Intro girl character"  :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
Zuckerberg was random but funny. I do want to go back and pause on the phase planning board and see what everything there said. And I was dying at Butters's dad grounding both him and Putin :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
Supercraig 3: The Earth EXPLODES
Fastpass 2: The Earth is OK Again

:rollin

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 08:46:09 AM »
Professor Chaos Live at Coachella  :metal

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »
COONLAND at Knott's Berry Farm Asia  :rollin

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
Rise of Captain Diabetes :lol :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »
"More and more millennials are turning into Jewish mothers today as they demand the censorship of entertainment."

:rollin

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »
I really like the last couple of episodes. The tardigrades episode was hysterical with Nathan and Mimsy and last night's was just as funny. I love what they've done with Heidi, and how they've made Cartman funny (and himself) again. I think it's shown that they can do story-driven seasons while still being funny. Oh, and the female Mr. Mackey. That had me cracking up  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
I have been watching a *lot* of South Park lately. Started from season 1 and made my way through season 21. I think I've figured out my top 10 favorite episodes, and they're mostly from seasons 6-11 (the golden age imo). 1-4 haven't aged well, season 5 has its moments but is still a bit rough (but gets major points for focusing on Butters and introducing Jimmy), 12-17 have high highs but very low lows, 18-19 are... iffy but not terrible, 20 is embarrassingly bad, and 21 is a smidge better than 18-19.

Butters' Bottom Bitch
Awesom-O
Tsst
Make Love Not Warcraft
Casa Bonita
Follow That Egg!
ManBearPig
Lil' Crime Stoppers
The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
Fishsticks

Honorable mention to I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining (and about 15 others, too).

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
 "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"  had me in stitches even though it was wrong on so many levels. That opening scene with Randy Marsh on Wheel of Fortune...    :rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 11:41:31 AM »
"With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"  had me in stitches even though it was wrong on so many levels. That opening scene with Randy Marsh on Wheel of Fortune...    :rollin

That is one of the funniest moments in the show's history. His enthusiasm just puts me in stitches.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 11:42:44 AM »

That is one of the funniest moments in the show's history. His enthusiasm just puts me in stitches.

That camera guy though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »
It's funny, I was a kid when that premiered. I remember watching and thinking no way, they aren't going to- and then it happened  :lol

Oh, and the episode where Cartman fights the little person - that should probably be in the top 10 too.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 11:50:26 AM »
I have been watching a *lot* of South Park lately. Started from season 1 and made my way through season 21. I think I've figured out my top 10 favorite episodes, and they're mostly from seasons 6-11 (the golden age imo). 1-4 haven't aged well, season 5 has its moments but is still a bit rough (but gets major points for focusing on Butters and introducing Jimmy), 12-17 have high highs but very low lows, 18-19 are... iffy but not terrible, 20 is embarrassingly bad, and 21 is a smidge better than 18-19.

As a fan since season 1 episode 1, I pretty much agree with your assessment on the seasons and what the golden age was.  Season 21 was actually pretty solid when you compare it to recent seasons, but doens't come close when comparing to the golden era.

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
It's funny, I was a kid when that premiered. I remember watching and thinking no way, they aren't going to- and then it happened  :lol

Oh, and the episode where Cartman fights the little person - that should probably be in the top 10 too.
That's all in the same episode as the aforementioned, lol!
As somebody said earlier, it's hilarious at Randy Marsh's enthusiasm when he clenches his fists when he sais the answer on Wheel of Fortune..   :omg:    :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »

As a fan since season 1 episode 1, I pretty much agree with your assessment on the seasons and what the golden age was.  Season 21 was actually pretty solid when you compare it to recent seasons, but doens't come close when comparing to the golden era.

I think seasons 4 and 5 have more great episodes than any two other seasons combined.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

That's all in the same episode as the aforementioned, lol!
As somebody said earlier, it's hilarious at Randy Marsh's enthusiasm when he clenches his fists when he sais the answer on Wheel of Fortune..   :omg:    :lol

Been watching my whole life and still forget which parts are in which episodes  :lol The little guy kills me... "Carolyn, don't go into the light!"

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »
I still haven't watched the latest season.