Gorgar
1 (11.1%)
Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
3 (33.3%)
How Many Tears
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 29, 2017, 12:20:59 PM

Author Topic: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - Walls Of Jericho - round 2  (Read 561 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - Walls Of Jericho - round 2
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
WALLS OF JERICHO

Walls of Jericho is the debut full-length studio album bY Helloween, released in 1985 on LP by Noise Records. It is the only album featuring Kai Hansen as lead vocalist, although he would continue to act as guitarist on subsequent albums...

I bought my first copy of this album on some fair, in Warsaw, I think it was something around 1994, I was 11 years old. I was teased with the cover, I loved monsters as a kid ;) especially those which were tearing down the walls with jesus-kind-of-like people on them  :biggrin: The seller played me first song, it was Guardians because it was unofficial release ;) I remember I was stunned with instrumental section. That was definitly something what I was looking for after listening to all Metallica albums round and round....

Kai Hansen – vocals, guitar
Michael Weikath – guitar
Markus Grosskopf – bass
Ingo Schwichtenberg – drums

8.  :huh:
9. Walls Of Jericho
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have tear down the Walls Of Jericho which was of course the first obvious choice to make. Now I'm very very curious about the results of this round. I'm voting Reptile. I never liked so much that song, but it has some moments that I would put elsewhere, into other songs  ;D Then it would even much more perfect Helloween album  ;D

Online Mladen

Re: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - Walls Of Jericho - round 2
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »
Heavy Metal (Is The Law)

Confession time - this is one of my least favorite Helloween albums. Although still good, it lacks the melodic qualities of later albums, it's slightly more raw then what I enjoy to hear from Helloween, and Kai didn't quite master his vocal chops the way he did in Gamma Ray.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
Heavy Metal (Is The Law)

Confession time - this is one of my least favorite Helloween albums. Although still good, it lacks the melodic qualities of later albums, it's slightly more raw then what I enjoy to hear from Helloween, and Kai didn't quite master his vocal chops the way he did in Gamma Ray.
You're 100% right. Hansen's vocal was very different in Gamma Ray. It's even hard to recognize him, if You don't know that he was a vocalist on Walls Of Jericho. Anyway, I like that side of Helloween. Walls Of Jericho is the most agressive album from them. I like their darker side, which You can hear on The Dark Ride or Better Than Raw. I was introduced to Helloween with Walls Of Jericho so it's kind of natural that I like that non-melodic side of them ;)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »
Reptile
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
Reptile

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »
Reptile
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 05:41:29 AM »
Heavy Metal (Is The Law)

I really like this album but not one I listen to much compared to most of the others.  I can see why some wouldn't rate it due to the less melodic more thrash elements to it.  This is a brutal, raw power thrash metal album. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 06:09:07 AM »
Reptile
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol