Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 230457 times)

gmillerdrake and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #3745 on: May 23, 2024, 09:53:04 AM »
Finished and caught up with Resident Alien. I really like the show, a lot. So many funny one liners....especially from the Sherriff....BUT.....I do think they need to get to wrapping it up with the (assumed) 4th season. Unless there is a drastic change of storyline....to me...this story can only go so much further. But I get it's a TV comedy and not something super serious so they can do just about anything with it.

Also watched the first two Episodes of S2 of 'Outer Range'. The Josh Brolin series on Amazon Prime. Loved S1 and S2 is strong out of the gate. Another interesting way to tell a sci fi-ish time travel story. That can be tricky but this series is doing it well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3746 on: May 23, 2024, 10:02:17 AM »
Finished and caught up with Resident Alien. I really like the show, a lot. So many funny one liners....especially from the Sherriff....BUT.....I do think they need to get to wrapping it up with the (assumed) 4th season. Unless there is a drastic change of storyline....to me...this story can only go so much further. But I get it's a TV comedy and not something super serious so they can do just about anything with it.

Totally agree. Not every show needs to last a long time. I hope they give it a good and proper ending either this upcoming season or, at the most, one more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3747 on: May 23, 2024, 10:42:09 AM »
I haven't read the comics it's based on, I think the comic series is still going on so if they're following the plot lines from that they can choose to continue. But I agree with you both, better to end it with another season and end on a high note rather than let it linger. I think the issue with being picked up is largely budget concerns, it's why season 3 was cut down from 10 to 8.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3748 on: May 23, 2024, 01:42:03 PM »
I haven't read the comics it's based on, I think the comic series is still going on so if they're following the plot lines from that they can choose to continue. But I agree with you both, better to end it with another season and end on a high note rather than let it linger. I think the issue with being picked up is largely budget concerns, it's why season 3 was cut down from 10 to 8.

I haven't read the comics, but I understand they are very different from the show.  More police procedural than sitcom-y.   

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3749 on: May 23, 2024, 08:02:44 PM »
Started watching the new season of Outer Range but I feel like I don't remember why half the stuff is happening so I paused it to come back. I forgot time travel was an element to this show, the fact that Royal and Amy are from different times is wild.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3750 on: May 23, 2024, 10:02:49 PM »
Started watching the new season of Outer Range but I feel like I don't remember why half the stuff is happening so I paused it to come back. I forgot time travel was an element to this show, the fact that Royal and Amy are from different times is wild.

I did a recap video to refresh. There’s a lot going on in that show.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3751 on: May 23, 2024, 10:47:42 PM »
The wife and I are watching Raising Hope on Hulu.

I had never seen it before, but Mrs Dude said she saw one or two episodes when it was on and loved it.  This show is so funny.  I miss the days of the “deeply dysfunctional” family comedy.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3752 on: May 24, 2024, 02:25:33 PM »
I did a recap video to refresh. There’s a lot going on in that show.

Share that please!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3754 on: May 24, 2024, 02:35:30 PM »
The wife and I are watching Raising Hope on Hulu.

I had never seen it before, but Mrs Dude said she saw one or two episodes when it was on and loved it.  This show is so funny.  I miss the days of the “deeply dysfunctional” family comedy.

I'm going to start this one based on your description.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3755 on: May 24, 2024, 05:19:47 PM »
I'm going to start this one based on your description.

Curious to see what you think

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3757 on: May 25, 2024, 07:28:57 AM »
Are you referring to Get Back? I'm not a Beatles fan but I thought it was a fascinating watch. I love seeing the band dynamic and the restored footage is, IMO, incredible.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3758 on: May 25, 2024, 11:07:19 AM »
Are you referring to Get Back? I'm not a Beatles fan but I thought it was a fascinating watch. I love seeing the band dynamic and the restored footage is, IMO, incredible.

Nope, Let it Be, it's a single 90 minutes documentary
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3759 on: May 25, 2024, 10:39:36 PM »

Love it! Cloris Leachman is outstanding!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3760 on: May 27, 2024, 09:03:06 AM »

Finished S2. Holy smokes it gets even more strange than S1 did. It's set up for a S3 for sure.....hopefully it gets picked up because it seems like the story is just getting started.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3761 on: May 27, 2024, 02:23:44 PM »
Picked Black Mirror back up. Some episodes are great, others not so much. Overall a great show.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3762 on: May 29, 2024, 03:54:22 PM »
Finished Dopesick on Disney+. Great story, somber implication knowing that it's all real stuff (a pharmaceutical company putting on the market an opioid that unleashed an addiction epidemic).

I know these are dramatizes stories and not documentaries and maybe the CEO of that company was not the absolute sociopath portrayed in the episodes but geez, when I learn of stuff like these, it makes me wish that the USA would have imported from the French something else too beside Miss Liberty.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3763 on: May 29, 2024, 04:06:24 PM »
Picked Black Mirror back up. Some episodes are great, others not so much. Overall a great show.

Yeah, its got some good ones and some clunkers but it's a good show overall because some of those good ones are really good.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #3764 on: May 31, 2024, 12:53:12 PM »

I fucking loved that show! Forgot about it until I read your post.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3765 on: May 31, 2024, 01:58:18 PM »
Dark Matter on Apple TV has been really cool. Wish it weren't a week to week episode deal.....I'd have had that show knocked out in two nights if all the episodes were available....it's very interesting.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3766 on: May 31, 2024, 02:42:15 PM »
Dark Matter on Apple TV has been really cool. Wish it weren't a week to week episode deal.....I'd have had that show knocked out in two nights if all the episodes were available....it's very interesting.

Looking forward to binging it when I re-activate my ATV subscription.  Waiting for Severance to get re-released.  Maybe Shrinking too.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Realm

« Reply #3767 on: May 31, 2024, 04:51:20 PM »

Yeah, I agree it has been a pretty interesting show so far. The latest episode took a kind of even darker turn but it has kept me engaged. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3768 on: May 31, 2024, 05:00:19 PM »
Finished S2. Holy smokes it gets even more strange than S1 did. It's set up for a S3 for sure.....hopefully it gets picked up because it seems like the story is just getting started.

I haven't been online a lot this week or gone past the first episode. So season 2 is better than season 1 then?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3769 on: May 31, 2024, 06:46:43 PM »
I haven't been online a lot this week or gone past the first episode. So season 2 is better than season 1 then?

S2 is good. I liked S1 so I can’t say if it’s “better”. It it certainly adds to the story, answers questions but creates more in their place. I dig the show big time.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3770 on: June 01, 2024, 08:54:14 AM »
Sounds good, I liked S1 overall as well.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3771 on: June 04, 2024, 11:56:38 AM »
Watching or recently finished:

Welcome to Wrexham, sports documentary about Ryan Renolds and Rob McElhenney purchasing the welsh football club of Wrexham
Modern Family season 2 (where have this show been all my life?)
A Murder at the End of the World (Gotta watch sooner or later anything with Brit Marling in it, she's so creative and off the beaten path)
Not Dead Yet season 1

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3772 on: June 04, 2024, 04:03:03 PM »
Almost done with Black Mirror.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3773 on: June 04, 2024, 04:07:32 PM »
Modern Family season 2 (where have this show been all my life?)

I binged through all 11 seasons within the last year or so (probably finished sixish months ago).  I was vaguely aware it existed when it was on the air, but I knew nothing about it.  I randomly caught a couple episodes in syndication and decided to give it ago.  Definitely worthy of all the accolades it got.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3774 on: June 04, 2024, 06:21:48 PM »
I binged through all 11 seasons within the last year or so (probably finished sixish months ago).  I was vaguely aware it existed when it was on the air, but I knew nothing about it.  I randomly caught a couple episodes in syndication and decided to give it ago.  Definitely worthy of all the accolades it got.

The last 2-3 seasons were a little sketchy at times, and often way over the top. Cam and Mitchell especially got routinely annoying. Otherwise, fantastic show. I’d give the same assessment of The Goldbergs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3775 on: June 05, 2024, 09:31:39 AM »
That 90's Show. I actually enjoyed it. I like how they used the cast from That 70's Show. Hoping for another season.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3776 on: June 05, 2024, 11:12:52 PM »
That 90's Show. I actually enjoyed it. I like how they used the cast from That 70's Show. Hoping for another season.

A second season was confirmed almost right away. It’s actually supposed to be coming out at the end of this month. I really enjoyed it as well and I hope that they keep it going.

As for what I’ve been watching lately, I just discovered Loudermilk on Netflix. This is a deeply funny show.  It’s funny that I was thinking to myself as I was watching it that we had so many young people movies in the 80s and 90s that represented generation X, but not too many things in the media ever mentioned whatever HAPPENED to generation X. To me, Loudermilk represents what happened to generation X later on.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #3777 on: June 06, 2024, 08:34:27 AM »
Six Feet Under - rewatch on Netflix

Your Honor on  netflix with Bryan Cranston.  I really like Michael Stuhlbarg as the crime boss. He was also in Fargo and Dopesick and Boardwalk Empire

1883 and 1923 Yellowstone prequels on Paramount plus
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3778 on: June 06, 2024, 08:48:51 AM »
Six Feet Under - rewatch on Netflix
This show is SO GOOD.  Also, the greatest series finale in TV show history.  Bar none.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3779 on: June 06, 2024, 12:40:21 PM »
This show is SO GOOD.  Also, the greatest series finale in TV show history.  Bar none.

My favorite series ever. Finale was EPIC!