Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212837 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2590 on: February 05, 2023, 07:56:23 AM »
Doing a Station Eleven re-watch...forgot how absolutely exquisite this show is. So lush, rich, and layered in every way.

Incredible, beautiful show.....top of the class for sure.

And again I cried like a little bitch at the end when Kirsten finally reunites with Jeevan. Mackenzie Davis absolutely crushed that role.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2591 on: February 05, 2023, 02:11:32 PM »
Star Wars - The Bad Batch

Finished The Walking Dead
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2592 on: February 06, 2023, 07:13:39 AM »
Doing a Station Eleven re-watch...forgot how absolutely exquisite this show is. So lush, rich, and layered in every way.

Incredible, beautiful show.....top of the class for sure.

And again I cried like a little bitch at the end when Kirsten finally reunites with Jeevan. Mackenzie Davis absolutely crushed that role.

Yes she did.....and Matilda Lawler crushed the younger version of Kirtsten. They did such a good job of playing the same character. And yes, when she finally reunites with Jeevan after all those years it's so emotionally satisfying....immediate water works.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2593 on: February 06, 2023, 08:54:27 AM »
We actually just started a re-watch of House.  Three episodes in and I'm already glad we made that decision.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2594 on: February 06, 2023, 09:30:54 AM »
We actually just started a re-watch of House.  Three episodes in and I'm already glad we made that decision.

I LOVED that show.  Couple of the side characters I could do without (Olivia Wilde, though she was hot then, and I'm not a fan of Peter Jacobson), but over all House was a great character and Hugh Laurie was the perfect casting for that.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2595 on: February 06, 2023, 09:43:27 AM »
La Brea.

I watched season 1.  Pretty good.  But I've had a serious block on starting s2.  How is it?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2596 on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:34 AM »

I LOVED that show.  Couple of the side characters I could do without (Olivia Wilde, though she was hot then, and I'm not a fan of Peter Jacobson), but over all House was a great character and Hugh Laurie was the perfect casting for that.
I agree with every single thing you typed there.

Great minds, and all that.   :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2597 on: February 06, 2023, 03:09:38 PM »
La Brea.

I watched season 1.  Pretty good.  But I've had a serious block on starting s2.  How is it?

Much better than season 1 which I thought was OK and was going nowhere, that's not the case in season 2. Its getting into what's really going on and why the sink holes are happening as well as much more action and some cool revelations about the characters. Give it a go and let me know.  :tup

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2598 on: February 06, 2023, 04:20:00 PM »
La Brea.

Much better than season 1 which I thought was OK and was going nowhere, that's not the case in season 2. Its getting into what's really going on and why the sink holes are happening as well as much more action and some cool revelations about the characters. Give it a go and let me know.  :tup

Oh cool...that should motivate me to refresh myself on s1 and then start s2.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2599 on: February 10, 2023, 11:20:52 PM »
My wife and I just finished Truth Be Told Season 2 on AppleTV+.  We're also watching Mayfair Witches on AMC.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2600 on: February 11, 2023, 05:23:38 AM »
Finished Season 5 of The Crown. Still a great show, even though it feels weird to see them move to "recent" times, and by recent I mean stuff I remember about because I'm in my 40s  :lol Diana was an excellent cast, it's like seeing her again. Not sure about Charles, the actor doesn't resemble him at all and he's too glamorous and "obviously an actor kind of beauty" to work.

I watched, unintended pun, The Watcher. Gosh, what a waste of time. Started off strong, and finished completely unresolved (and the fact that the actual events that inspired the series didn't get solved isn't an excuse).

On to merrier things, I finally finished for good Brooklyn 99. One of the best comedic shows all around, started strong, went on strong, and finished strong. Were all episodes and all seasons perfect masterpieces? obviously not. But it has been truly a fantastic ride that gave me a lot of funny laughs.

Also, the finale was spectacular. It was cheesy and it was a lot of fan service, but it was fan service done right. They went through their "greatest hits" one last time hitting all the right points and the closing scene (coda included, so I count two final scenes) was perfect. I'd daresay it's the best ending of a sitcom I've evern seen. NINE NINE!!!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2601 on: February 13, 2023, 11:22:30 AM »
My gf and I finished season 1 of Succession and we both weren't feeling it.  We started You last week.  It's kind of creepy (as in, how this main character is a psycho), but I found myself intrigued and now I'm actually kind of enjoying it.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2602 on: February 13, 2023, 12:55:53 PM »
My gf and I finished season 1 of Succession and we both weren't feeling it.  We started You last week.  It's kind of creepy (as in, how this main character is a psycho), but I found myself intrigued and now I'm actually kind of enjoying it.

I LOVED the first season of "You".  The girl he was infatuated with I thought was really, really attractive, so it was very believable.  Second season I think we started but I don't remember how it went; I seem to remember it being a little less believable.   I think there's four seasons; we have to catch up on it.  I kind of like Penn Badgely; I think he plays that part perfectly.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2603 on: February 13, 2023, 12:59:30 PM »

I LOVED the first season of "You".  The girl he was infatuated with I thought was really, really attractive, so it was very believable.  Second season I think we started but I don't remember how it went; I seem to remember it being a little less believable.   I think there's four seasons; we have to catch up on it.  I kind of like Penn Badgely; I think he plays that part perfectly.

I think the new season just started.  I wasn't familiar at all with the story until watching (my gf suggested it). I didn't love the first episode, but it ended with a bit of a cliffhanger and then I was sucked in.  Not surprising if the next seasons don't hold up, that's often the case with TV shows.  We may continue further, but need to finish season 1 first!

Also, we started watching Silicon Valley.  I've seen it before, but suggested it as a comedy side show to watch when there was nothing else to watch and my gf's enjoying it.  I always loved that show because it really reflected a lot on the culture at my job so things were always relatable and funny in a way that maybe the average viewer doesn't get. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2604 on: February 14, 2023, 03:46:03 AM »
I'm 2 episodes in for the fourth season of You, and I still think it's good enough to continue watching.

They had to adjust a bit the premise because showing only the stalkering, murdering side of the protagonist wouldn't get them that far, they had to make him symphatetic somehow, no one roots for 4 seasons for a women killer. The actor obviously sells greatly the part and he's very good at it. I'm in 'til the end I guess.

And Silicon Valley is one of the best comedic shows ever. Season 1 ranks among the GOAT of the genre.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2605 on: February 14, 2023, 12:01:21 PM »
1883 - prequel to Yellowstone.  Once I finish this, I'll watch 1923, which features Harrison Ford as another Dutton family ancestor.

I'll also try to work through the other Taylor Sheridan shows after that - Mayor of Kingstown and Tulsa King.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2606 on: February 14, 2023, 12:30:36 PM »
Silicon Valley is one of the best comedic shows ever. Season 1 ranks among the GOAT of the genre.
Optimal Tip-to-Tip Efficiency

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2607 on: February 14, 2023, 02:34:53 PM »
Silicon Valley is one of the best comedic shows ever. Season 1 ranks among the GOAT of the genre.

I have a poster of the Conjoined Triangles of Success behind my desk at work so you can see it when I'm in video conferencing. We also keep a print out of the Optimal Tip-to-Tip Efficiency paper in our office for the lols (and yes, they made a legit write up of it).

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2608 on: February 14, 2023, 02:44:47 PM »

I have a poster of the Conjoined Triangles of Success behind my desk at work so you can see it when I'm in video conferencing. We also keep a print out of the Optimal Tip-to-Tip Efficiency paper in our office for the lols (and yes, they made a legit write up of it).
That's fantastic.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2609 on: February 19, 2023, 07:19:29 AM »
The Outer Limits (the original series)

Shrinking

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2610 on: February 19, 2023, 11:14:23 AM »
On Netflix:

Finished
Bill Russell: Legend
great 2-part/episode Documentary on the greatest winner in North American Sports History, and his experience dealing with Racism and the Civil Rights Movement

In the Middle of
Full Swing
documentary series showing a number of players on the PGA tour in 2022, the new contraversial LIV tour. Very recommended for any Golf fan.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2611 on: February 20, 2023, 10:51:47 AM »
We watched the Netflix limited series When They See Us directed by Ava Duvernay, about the Central Park 5 case.

Pretty remarkable acting performances, and a pretty sickening story.  Highly recommended.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2612 on: March 05, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »
Finally doing a full watch of Man in the High Castle. Made attempts before but just never was able to follow through. It's definitely sticking this time though

The season 2 end was simply outstanding.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2613 on: March 05, 2023, 12:48:39 PM »
Finally doing a full watch of Man in the High Castle. Made attempts before but just never was able to follow through. It's definitely sticking this time though

Been a bit since I watched that one. I enjoyed it a lot.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2614 on: March 05, 2023, 01:35:40 PM »
Started Ted Lasso on Friday. Hammered out S1. Fun show.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2615 on: March 05, 2023, 01:50:14 PM »
I've been bingeing Frasier over the past couple months.  I think I just hit season 10 last night.  I'm pretty confident that I didn't watch it (for who knows what reason) when it was originally on.  Wow...it is SO good.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2616 on: March 06, 2023, 05:54:17 AM »

A final scene worth of a standing ovation (well, technically, the penultimate, I mean the scene with Juliana and the Man). The entire arc of the first two seasons coming together and making sense, tied with a beautiful message not so dissimilar from Gandalf's advice on how to deal with Gollum in Lord of the Rings.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2617 on: March 06, 2023, 06:43:36 AM »

He's here, he's there, he's every f------g where!   

I can just recite Roy Kent quotes all afternoon. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2618 on: March 06, 2023, 08:14:26 AM »

Well, half of his lines are just "Fuck off!".
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2619 on: March 06, 2023, 10:27:59 AM »

Well, half of his lines are just "Fuck off!".

But said with panache!!!

I love the scene where he tries to get free food at his favorite falafel place because his picture is on the wall.  The guy just looks at him and says "that'll be six pounds".

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2620 on: March 06, 2023, 05:26:50 PM »
The Cleaning Lady

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2621 on: March 06, 2023, 07:45:48 PM »

"Jamie Tartt is a muppet who deserves to die of the incurable condition of being a little bitch."

"Gee, Roy, tell us how you really feel."

"Okay.  You're a shit manager."

"Not about me, ya twat!"

(all on live TV)  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2622 on: March 06, 2023, 08:59:05 PM »
Waiting for Yellowjackets to return on the 24th. Just finished  Mayfair Witches.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2623 on: March 06, 2023, 09:14:22 PM »

"Jamie Tartt is a muppet who deserves to die of the incurable condition of being a little bitch."

"Gee, Roy, tell us how you really feel."

"Okay.  You're a shit manager."

"Not about me, ya twat!"

(all on live TV)  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

He's the best side character on the show. Was reading how the actor was originally hired to be the writer on the show but wound up auditioning for the role and got it. He really nailed it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2624 on: March 06, 2023, 11:00:28 PM »
Started Blackbird on Apple TV. Been pretty good so far. I’m three episodes in….six total episodes.