Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 226619 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #1960 on: February 18, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
Been watching Station Eleven.

GOOD LORD!

That show is messing with me.

I LOVED that show. I think it’s one of the better ones to have come out in a while. I know RJ dug it a lot as well.

What’s messing with you about it?

Oh I meant it in a good way. Kinda. Haha.

So we're a little more than half way through. My fiancé and I watched an episode Sunday morning then went to Manhattan to walk around. When we got to Manhattan, it was snowing, bitter cold, and VERY few people out. It just felt like the end of the world from the show and then when we went inside somewhere, a part of me was like "Survivors!"

But yea, it's a fantastic show. Few issues here and there but that last episode I saw when the girl was interacting with her own flashback while being poisoned was top notch.

Gotcha. I thought it was a beautiful show. Really well acted....edited....all aspects just handled great. Far outweighs any of the small nit picks one could find. And that episode was cool!

My wife and I felt the same way!  It's been a long, long time since a series has stuck with me like Station Eleven has... my wife bought the book and I'm going to check it out next.  So many times I though I could see what was coming next (especially with Jeevan's arc) and I was always pleasantly surprised when the rug was pulled from underneath my ideas.  Great, great series!

My wife and I are working through Curb now  :lol  Being such huge Seinfeld fans, it took us a while to give Curb a shot... boy am I glad we did!  Kamikaze Bingo and Denise Handicap are highlights for me.  :rollin  Leon Black may be one of the most perfect characters I've ever seen on a series; along with Jeff Greene.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1961 on: February 18, 2022, 12:14:19 PM »
Susie Greene is the real prize.  When she starts yelling at Larry, and the profanity ensues, it's hard to not laugh out loud. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1962 on: February 18, 2022, 12:25:25 PM »
Finished Station Eleven last night. Fantastic.

Promptly had a night filled with dreams of surviving the end of the world. Good stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1963 on: February 18, 2022, 06:08:06 PM »
"Go fuck another fish, asshole."   :lol

I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about, this quote made me smile, as I cannot imagine in what situation it would be appropriate to utter.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1964 on: February 18, 2022, 08:18:27 PM »
You have to watch the 8 episode series Chris. It's amazing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1965 on: February 22, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »
Peacemaker was great.

Also, 1883 is the best current show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1966 on: February 22, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »
Peacemaker was great.

I'm not a big superhero guy, and I don't know shit about Suicide Squad, but I watched the first 20 minutes of this show and found it hilarious. I'm definitely going to watch it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1967 on: February 22, 2022, 02:35:30 PM »
Peacemaker was great.

I'm not a big superhero guy, and I don't know shit about Suicide Squad, but I watched the first 20 minutes of this show and found it hilarious. I'm definitely going to watch it.

Watch the newest Suicide Squad movie.  Same writer/director.  It's that good.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1968 on: February 22, 2022, 03:09:06 PM »
Susie Greene is the real prize.  When she starts yelling at Larry, and the profanity ensues, it's hard to not laugh out loud.

I think she is one of my Mom's favorite TV characters of all time.  Susie really is great. 

Been enjoying the Righteous Gemstones lately, a few episodes behind, but I certainly laugh a good amount watching this show.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1969 on: February 23, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »
They have the Peacemaker playlist on Spotify. :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1970 on: February 23, 2022, 08:48:08 AM »
Do ya really really do ya really wanna taste it?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1971 on: February 23, 2022, 10:53:49 AM »
1st song. Lol

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1972 on: February 23, 2022, 12:38:09 PM »

They actually had it up after the first episode was released, and just added new songs from the most recent episode each week.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1973 on: February 23, 2022, 01:02:48 PM »
It's funny how I knew several of the songs when they came on air lol. Faster Pussycat, Kix, Motley Crue, Firehouse, Quireboys to name a few.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1974 on: February 23, 2022, 02:17:50 PM »
Was suddenly seeing Wig Wam blowing up on YT. Haven't seen the show but now I know why.  :lol Cool to see them getting some love.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1975 on: February 23, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »
There's an animated The Boys something-or-other on Amazon Prime.  Anyone seen it?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1976 on: February 23, 2022, 04:04:58 PM »
There's an animated The Boys something-or-other on Amazon Prime.  Anyone seen it?

I will be checking it out soon.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1977 on: February 23, 2022, 07:02:26 PM »

It's out on March 4th.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1978 on: February 24, 2022, 07:27:50 AM »
I watched the firs two available episodes of 'Severance' on Apple TV. Pretty interesting concept and thus far it's a neat show. It's based around the idea that you get this chip put in your head and when you show up to work it activates and you don't recall your 'real' life....and when you leave work it activates as well and you don't recall your work life.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1979 on: February 24, 2022, 10:01:07 AM »

It's out on March 4th.

Ah... didn't catch that.   :tup
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1980 on: February 25, 2022, 09:01:08 AM »
So my list of shows to watch is getting longer but for some strange reason, I started re-watching Season 1 of Rescue Me (Hulu) and there is something about the dark humor of this show that grabs me.

I kind of recall that the show gets worse as seasons continue, but so far, I've enjoyed the look back.  The scene with Charles Durning and Lenny Clarke with the hookers had me literally guffawing.  And no way this show gets made today with the racial and homophobic slurs. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1981 on: February 25, 2022, 12:17:06 PM »
So my list of shows to watch is getting longer but for some strange reason, I started re-watching Season 1 of Rescue Me (Hulu) and there is something about the dark humor of this show that grabs me.

I kind of recall that the show gets worse as seasons continue, but so far, I've enjoyed the look back.  The scene with Charles Durning and Lenny Clarke with the hookers had me literally guffawing.  And no way this show gets made today with the racial and homophobic slurs.

That's a great show; it just got a little unbelievable after a while; they sort of had to ramp up the crazy, and unfortunately, that's a finite ladder.

Big fan of Dennis Leary, Andrea Roth, Dean Winters, Callie Thorne, and Robert John Burke (all the Gavin's are good, to be honest; even Tatum O'Neal).

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1982 on: February 25, 2022, 11:08:36 PM »
Why can’t I get anyone to watch Grizzly and the Lemmings on Netflix?

Don’t bother unless you feel like being a child at heart for a few minutes.

Watching on a Saturday morning with a bowl of Cap’n Crunch will help to enhance the experience.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1983 on: February 26, 2022, 04:36:37 AM »
So my list of shows to watch is getting longer

Along with movies, I must have about 30-40 different things in my save/watch lists.  And most of them are things mrs.jingle has little-to-no interest in.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #1984 on: February 28, 2022, 03:00:35 PM »
Just finished Space Force season 2. Good, light fun, with more swearing than is usual in this kind of show. Not the best show ever but enjoyed it a lot. Hope they make a third season.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1985 on: February 28, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »
Anyone checkout "The Endgame?"  1st episode was excellent. I like Morena Baccarin as an actress.

Offline crystalstars17

« Reply #1986 on: March 01, 2022, 05:50:24 AM »
The Gilded Age is amazing. I've always loved the era almost obsessively and it's surreal to see it now made into a show.

They've seriously done their homework. The nature of the (fictional) character scenarios and historical events is spot on.

And the visual environment is to die for! 😍 The architecture, locations and set decoration are perfection. It's like going into another world. And the costumes should win awards, need I say more.

"Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence." ~ Arwen, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1987 on: March 01, 2022, 06:01:04 AM »
1883 is pretty cool. I'm up through the tornado episode.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1988 on: March 01, 2022, 07:10:50 AM »
Anyone checkout "The Endgame?"  1st episode was excellent. I like Morena Baccarin as an actress.

I watched the pilot; I'm not sure about this yet.  I like her, but some of the supporting characters are already bordering on annoying.  Haha. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1989 on: March 01, 2022, 10:06:31 AM »
I've only seen the commercials, but they make it seem like a Blacklist ripoff.

Bet your ass.  We finished up the show on Sunday.  It was tough.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1990 on: March 01, 2022, 10:37:08 AM »
Hef, you are correct.  Very similar so far.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1991 on: March 01, 2022, 10:40:37 AM »

So, I have a predicament. I have yet to watch 'Yellowstone' because I know myself and once I start I'll binge the crap out of it and not sleep for two weeks to hammer it all out. Just waiting for the right 'time' to subject myself to that.

BUT....I really want to watch 1883 being that it's the first season. Do I need to know anything about Yellowstone other than it's the story of how that family came to be? Or are there characters/storylines that I need to be aware of in order to fully appreciate it?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1992 on: March 01, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »

So, I have a predicament. I have yet to watch 'Yellowstone' because I know myself and once I start I'll binge the crap out of it and not sleep for two weeks to hammer it all out. Just waiting for the right 'time' to subject myself to that.

BUT....I really want to watch 1883 being that it's the first season. Do I need to know anything about Yellowstone other than it's the story of how that family came to be? Or are there characters/storylines that I need to be aware of in order to fully appreciate it?
The fact that it's a prequel to Yellowstone only matters to Yellowstone fans.  You can absolutely watch 1883 on its own.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1993 on: March 01, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »

The fact that it's a prequel to Yellowstone only matters to Yellowstone fans.  You can absolutely watch 1883 on its own.

I didn't hear about Yellowstone until I did my initial binge of 1883's first few episodes, and it didn't take anything away from the show whatsoever.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1994 on: March 01, 2022, 01:48:56 PM »

But having said that, Gary, WATCH YELLOWSTONE!   

We both really fell in love with it, for different reasons, but it's GOOD.  I really enjoyed it.  I thought the acting was phenomenal, and while some of the incidents felt a little "stunt-y", the underlying story is plausible from the get-go, and the characters are believable.