vtgrad

Quote from: gmillerdrake on February 15, 2022, 09:21:17 AM
Quote from: Adami on February 15, 2022, 09:11:24 AM
Quote from: gmillerdrake on February 15, 2022, 09:07:05 AM
Quote from: Adami on February 15, 2022, 08:03:27 AM
Been watching Station Eleven.

GOOD LORD!

That show is messing with me.

I LOVED that show. I think it's one of the better ones to have come out in a while. I know RJ dug it a lot as well.

What's messing with you about it?

Oh I meant it in a good way. Kinda. Haha.

So we're a little more than half way through. My fiancé and I watched an episode Sunday morning then went to Manhattan to walk around. When we got to Manhattan, it was snowing, bitter cold, and VERY few people out. It just felt like the end of the world from the show and then when we went inside somewhere, a part of me was like "Survivors!"

But yea, it's a fantastic show. Few issues here and there but that last episode I saw when the girl was interacting with her own flashback while being poisoned was top notch.

Gotcha. I thought it was a beautiful show. Really well acted....edited....all aspects just handled great. Far outweighs any of the small nit picks one could find. And that episode was cool!

My wife and I felt the same way!  It's been a long, long time since a series has stuck with me like Station Eleven has... my wife bought the book and I'm going to check it out next.  So many times I though I could see what was coming next (especially with Jeevan's arc) and I was always pleasantly surprised when the rug was pulled from underneath my ideas.  Great, great series!

My wife and I are working through Curb now  :lol  Being such huge Seinfeld fans, it took us a while to give Curb a shot... boy am I glad we did!  Kamikaze Bingo and Denise Handicap are highlights for me.  :rollin  Leon Black may be one of the most perfect characters I've ever seen on a series; along with Jeff Greene.

Stadler

Susie Greene is the real prize.  When she starts yelling at Larry, and the profanity ensues, it's hard to not laugh out loud. 

Adami

Finished Station Eleven last night. Fantastic.

Promptly had a night filled with dreams of surviving the end of the world. Good stuff.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Cool Chris

Quote from: Grappler on February 18, 2022, 07:21:15 AM
"Go fuck another fish, asshole."   :lol

I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about, this quote made me smile, as I cannot imagine in what situation it would be appropriate to utter.

King Postwhore

You have to watch the 8 episode series Chris. It's amazing.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Peacemaker was great.

Also, 1883 is the best current show.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Chino

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on February 22, 2022, 12:44:02 PM
Peacemaker was great.

I'm not a big superhero guy, and I don't know shit about Suicide Squad, but I watched the first 20 minutes of this show and found it hilarious. I'm definitely going to watch it.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Chino on February 22, 2022, 12:59:50 PM
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on February 22, 2022, 12:44:02 PM
Peacemaker was great.

I'm not a big superhero guy, and I don't know shit about Suicide Squad, but I watched the first 20 minutes of this show and found it hilarious. I'm definitely going to watch it.

Watch the newest Suicide Squad movie.  Same writer/director.  It's that good.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

cramx3

Quote from: Stadler on February 18, 2022, 11:14:19 AM
Susie Greene is the real prize.  When she starts yelling at Larry, and the profanity ensues, it's hard to not laugh out loud.

I think she is one of my Mom's favorite TV characters of all time.  Susie really is great. 

Been enjoying the Righteous Gemstones lately, a few episodes behind, but I certainly laugh a good amount watching this show.

King Postwhore

They have the Peacemaker playlist on Spotify. :metal

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 23, 2022, 07:24:05 AM
Do ya really really do ya really wanna taste it?
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

ZirconBlue

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 23, 2022, 07:24:05 AM

They actually had it up after the first episode was released, and just added new songs from the most recent episode each week.

faizoff

It's funny how I knew several of the songs when they came on air lol. Faster Pussycat, Kix, Motley Crue, Firehouse, Quireboys to name a few.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Was suddenly seeing Wig Wam blowing up on YT. Haven't seen the show but now I know why.  :lol Cool to see them getting some love.

jingle.boy

There's an animated The Boys something-or-other on Amazon Prime.  Anyone seen it?
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

King Postwhore

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 23, 2022, 03:03:10 PM
There's an animated The Boys something-or-other on Amazon Prime.  Anyone seen it?

I will be checking it out soon.

faizoff

It's out on March 4th.

gmillerdrake

I watched the firs two available episodes of 'Severance' on Apple TV. Pretty interesting concept and thus far it's a neat show. It's based around the idea that you get this chip put in your head and when you show up to work it activates and you don't recall your 'real' life....and when you leave work it activates as well and you don't recall your work life.

jingle.boy

Quote from: faizoff on February 23, 2022, 06:02:26 PM

It's out on March 4th.

Ah... didn't catch that.   :tup
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Harmony

So my list of shows to watch is getting longer but for some strange reason, I started re-watching Season 1 of Rescue Me (Hulu) and there is something about the dark humor of this show that grabs me.

I kind of recall that the show gets worse as seasons continue, but so far, I've enjoyed the look back.  The scene with Charles Durning and Lenny Clarke with the hookers had me literally guffawing.  And no way this show gets made today with the racial and homophobic slurs. 

Stadler

Quote from: Harmony on February 25, 2022, 08:01:08 AM
So my list of shows to watch is getting longer but for some strange reason, I started re-watching Season 1 of Rescue Me (Hulu) and there is something about the dark humor of this show that grabs me.

I kind of recall that the show gets worse as seasons continue, but so far, I've enjoyed the look back.  The scene with Charles Durning and Lenny Clarke with the hookers had me literally guffawing.  And no way this show gets made today with the racial and homophobic slurs.

That's a great show; it just got a little unbelievable after a while; they sort of had to ramp up the crazy, and unfortunately, that's a finite ladder.

Big fan of Dennis Leary, Andrea Roth, Dean Winters, Callie Thorne, and Robert John Burke (all the Gavin's are good, to be honest; even Tatum O'Neal).

jammindude

Why can't I get anyone to watch Grizzly and the Lemmings on Netflix?

Don't bother unless you feel like being a child at heart for a few minutes.

Watching on a Saturday morning with a bowl of Cap'n Crunch will help to enhance the experience.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Harmony on February 25, 2022, 08:01:08 AM
So my list of shows to watch is getting longer

Along with movies, I must have about 30-40 different things in my save/watch lists.  And most of them are things mrs.jingle has little-to-no interest in.

DoctorAction

Just finished Space Force season 2. Good, light fun, with more swearing than is usual in this kind of show. Not the best show ever but enjoyed it a lot. Hope they make a third season.

King Postwhore

Anyone checkout "The Endgame?"  1st episode was excellent. I like Morena Baccarin as an actress.

crystalstars17

The Gilded Age is amazing. I've always loved the era almost obsessively and it's surreal to see it now made into a show.

They've seriously done their homework. The nature of the (fictional) character scenarios and historical events is spot on.

And the visual environment is to die for! 😍 The architecture, locations and set decoration are perfection. It's like going into another world. And the costumes should win awards, need I say more.

fangirl (noun) : a girl or woman who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something

fangirl (verb) : to exhibit fandom often to an excessive degree : to behave like an extremely devoted or overly excited fangirl

Chino

1883 is pretty cool. I'm up through the tornado episode.

Stadler

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 28, 2022, 03:46:20 PM
Anyone checkout "The Endgame?"  1st episode was excellent. I like Morena Baccarin as an actress.

I watched the pilot; I'm not sure about this yet.  I like her, but some of the supporting characters are already bordering on annoying.  Haha. 

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 28, 2022, 03:46:20 PM
I've only seen the commercials, but they make it seem like a Blacklist ripoff.

Quote from: Chino on March 01, 2022, 05:01:04 AM
Bet your ass.  We finished up the show on Sunday.  It was tough.

King Postwhore

Hef, you are correct.  Very similar so far.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on March 01, 2022, 09:06:31 AM

So, I have a predicament. I have yet to watch 'Yellowstone' because I know myself and once I start I'll binge the crap out of it and not sleep for two weeks to hammer it all out. Just waiting for the right 'time' to subject myself to that.

BUT....I really want to watch 1883 being that it's the first season. Do I need to know anything about Yellowstone other than it's the story of how that family came to be? Or are there characters/storylines that I need to be aware of in order to fully appreciate it?

hefdaddy42

Quote from: gmillerdrake on March 01, 2022, 09:40:37 AM

So, I have a predicament. I have yet to watch 'Yellowstone' because I know myself and once I start I'll binge the crap out of it and not sleep for two weeks to hammer it all out. Just waiting for the right 'time' to subject myself to that.

BUT....I really want to watch 1883 being that it's the first season. Do I need to know anything about Yellowstone other than it's the story of how that family came to be? Or are there characters/storylines that I need to be aware of in order to fully appreciate it?
The fact that it's a prequel to Yellowstone only matters to Yellowstone fans.  You can absolutely watch 1883 on its own.

Chino

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on March 01, 2022, 12:12:10 PM

The fact that it's a prequel to Yellowstone only matters to Yellowstone fans.  You can absolutely watch 1883 on its own.

I didn't hear about Yellowstone until I did my initial binge of 1883's first few episodes, and it didn't take anything away from the show whatsoever.

Stadler

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on March 01, 2022, 12:12:10 PM

But having said that, Gary, WATCH YELLOWSTONE!   

We both really fell in love with it, for different reasons, but it's GOOD.  I really enjoyed it.  I thought the acting was phenomenal, and while some of the incidents felt a little "stunt-y", the underlying story is plausible from the get-go, and the characters are believable.