Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212809 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #1050 on: October 03, 2020, 09:56:10 AM »
My family finished watching the first and only season of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. Towards the end we started talking about other things Bruce Campbell has been in, and my sons happen to mention that they really like Burn Notice.

I had only ever seen two or three episodes of it and I really enjoyed it. My wife had never seen it at all. So we looked it up and it was free on our Amazon prime account. So the whole family started binge watching Burn Notice from the very beginning last night. What an absolutely hilarious and fun show. My wife doesn’t usually like things that are quite that cheesy, but the dry wit of the narration had her sold halfway through the first episode.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1051 on: October 03, 2020, 11:48:17 PM »
Started ‘Utopia’ on Amazon Prime. Really good so far. I’m five episodes in. It’s eerily reflective of today’s climate given it’s based around pandemics and viral outbreaks.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1052 on: October 04, 2020, 05:23:10 AM »
Oh, they finally made the US version. I remember liking the British one back in the day and heard there was going to be an American one shortly after it ended, but that was years ago, I'd forgotten all about it.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1053 on: October 04, 2020, 05:47:29 AM »
On the final season of Animal Kingdom.  This sums up the family - “Always get what you want, but never what you deserve”.  I need to find the Australian movie from which the series was based.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1054 on: October 04, 2020, 08:26:30 PM »
Started ‘Utopia’ on Amazon Prime. Really good so far. I’m five episodes in. It’s eerily reflective of today’s climate given it’s based around pandemics and viral outbreaks.

I'm curious to see how the US version is. At one point David Fincher was attached to direct and run the show with HBO is what I recall. G. Flynn remained and Amazon took over. The UK version is a classic show and the acting and story telling is so visceral. The main trademark of the UK version was the music and cinematography, will have to check out the US version and see if it holds up. I don't mind if they change it up, just that they keep it interesting.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1055 on: October 05, 2020, 01:05:47 AM »
Finished the MAGNIFICENT Sharp Objects that I was talking about in the last page, and started Babylon Berlin. Looks very cool and stylish.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1056 on: October 05, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »
A few episodes into Firefly. Cool stuff.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1057 on: October 05, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
A few episodes into Firefly. Cool stuff.

Post again when you get to Out of Gas.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1058 on: October 08, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
The wife and I are rewatching ER and Fringe.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: October 08, 2020, 03:28:10 PM »

Both really good shows. LOVED Fringe. ER would be an interesting rewatch to see how it’s aged.

Offline krands85

« Reply #1060 on: October 08, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »
I'm also rewatching Fringe! Though I'm using a list I found on Reddit of essential/mythology episodes - so filtering out most of the standalone/'monster of the week' episodes. I haven't seen it since it originally aired, so I've forgotten quite a lot!
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: October 08, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
My wife and elder daughter have been watching Gilmour Girls. I've never seen it, but listened to 10 minutes or so while I was cooking. So my question is.... is there a world I am unaware of where people actually talk like this?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1062 on: October 09, 2020, 07:20:14 AM »
My wife and elder daughter have been watching Gilmour Girls. I've never seen it, but listened to 10 minutes or so while I was cooking. So my question is.... is there a world I am unaware of where people actually talk like this?

Don't get me started.  I wrote something similar after watching Zoey's Fantabulous Playlist, or whatever it's called.   It was exhausting just LISTENING to all that witty, spit-fire banter, I can only imagine what it's like trying to actually keep up with that in real time.   Quips were flying like lawn chairs at a trailer park during a tornado.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1063 on: October 09, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »

OMG, I mock my wife on the dialog all the time about this show. Mother and daughter talk like two aristocrats in some New York rich society.  No one talks like that in the middle class.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: October 09, 2020, 08:59:00 AM »
The witty dialogue is one of the main things that I like about the show.  I don't see how that can be a negative.  It reminds me of old Cary Grant movies.  And really no one on TV talks like people do in real life. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1065 on: October 09, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »
It's extreme compared to others.  It's stuffy, not witty.  Actually, pompous.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1066 on: October 09, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »

My wife has watched every episode probably a dozen times, and my 16yo daughter has now seen all of them at least a couple times.  And to answer your question, no; and, as far as I can tell, most of the characters on the show are pretty awful people.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: October 09, 2020, 10:39:26 AM »
I just texted my wife telling her us guys on DTF don't get the dialogue that doesn't fit.  Read away boys. Lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1068 on: October 09, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
I’ve never seen a single moment of it, but I have heard of it.

Now I’m almost morbidly curious

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1069 on: October 09, 2020, 02:16:30 PM »

It’s no different than worlds where people talk like in Tarantino or Kevin Smith films.

Just a matter of taste.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1070 on: October 09, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »

It’s no different than worlds where people talk like in Tarantino or Kevin Smith films.

Just a matter of taste.
I don't know from Gilmour Girls, but I've been in conversations that could have been from a Smith or a Tarantino film.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1071 on: October 09, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »

Just a matter of taste.
I don't know from Gilmour Girls, but I've been in conversations that could have been from a Smith or a Tarantino film.

Yes, but you’re you. Most of us mortals don’t have such experiences.

The convo wasn’t about a certain dead person storage was it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1072 on: October 09, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
Heck, I thought Mallrats was downright relatable. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #1073 on: October 09, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »
Heck, I thought Mallrats was downright relatable.

I’ll keep that in mind if you ever offer me a chocolate covered pretzel.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1074 on: October 09, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »

I'm dying to re-watch both Fringe, and Jericho.  mrs.jingle isn't interested in *re-watching* either, so I gotta do it on my own time.... and I've already got so many shows/movies/books/games/concert dvds that I'm backlogged with.  Maybe I'll get to it when I retire!   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1075 on: October 09, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »
ALL THE BURN NOTICE!!!!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: October 09, 2020, 09:38:38 PM »

I'm dying to re-watch both Fringe, and Jericho.  mrs.jingle isn't interested in *re-watching* either, so I gotta do it on my own time.... and I've already got so many shows/movies/books/games/concert dvds that I'm backlogged with.  Maybe I'll get to it when I retire!   :lol

Jericho was so good. It was a bummer it didn’t get a proper send off.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1077 on: October 09, 2020, 11:54:43 PM »
Watching Attenbourough- A Life on Our Planet. Jesus christ what a well done piece, and powerful as fuck.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1078 on: October 10, 2020, 12:57:22 PM »
Finished season 2 of Killing Eve, funny and witty as the first I'd say, and season 1 of Babylon Berlin. Excellent period drama (noir actually), it almost makes me want to visit Berlin. It got me to reearch a bit about the Berlin of the 1920s, there's lot of fascinating stuff to discover about that era. And to think that none of the characters in the show knew what was coming to them.....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: October 14, 2020, 09:40:32 AM »

Jericho was so good. It was a bummer it didn’t get a proper send off.

Forgot about Jericho, I enjoyed that but hard to recommend shows to people that didn't get a proper ending. 

I guess I should check out the new Hauntinf of whatever House on netflix, the first one was good but I didn't love the ending.  It was good enough to want to check out the next season and story though.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1080 on: October 14, 2020, 09:44:51 AM »
The long-awaited 32nd season of The Amazing Race premieres tonight!!!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1081 on: October 14, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
I guess I should check out the new Hauntinf of whatever House on netflix, the first one was good but I didn't love the ending.  It was good enough to want to check out the next season and story though.

I'm watching that - The Haunting of Bly Manor.  It's good, though it takes a few episodes for the story to start to come together.  It's not as scary as the first series though, that one made me jump more often. 

I'm watching Next on Fox, with John Slattery.  I'm enjoying it so far - I've always enjoyed Fox's action/tech drama shows and he gets to deliver a lot of one liners and quips like he did on Mad Men.  It feels weird to be watching a new show, knowing that most of them are so delayed from COVID.  This one was ready to air last spring, but Fox pulled it when the pandemic started.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1082 on: October 14, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »
Watching Attenbourough- A Life on Our Planet. Jesus christ what a well done piece, and powerful as fuck.

That's in my top 3 of to-watch for mrs.jingle and I.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1083 on: October 17, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
Black Mirror and Dark
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2020, 09:06:32 PM »
Watched the final Season of ‘The 100’   That’s a fun series that kept the story moving but it was time for it to end. They did a good job of wrapping it up.