Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212829 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2019, 05:37:25 AM »
Just binge watched Santa Clarita Diet this past week. Hilarious show, can't wait for season 3.

That show is so good. I feel like it doesn’t get enough recognition. Neither does Olyphant. He’s so hilarious in it.

On your guys' recc'n, I fired up S1E1 last night for mrs.jingle and I.  Her response ... "You have some fucked up friends on DTF".
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
Started a full rewatch of Game of Thrones, I've calculated that I can watch a season every other week and still have some time to spare before April 14th.

Started yesterday to watch the latest season of American Horror Story, Apocalpyse.

Recently seen Jack Ryan (very cool!) and The Terror (not my thing, I realize the great care for detail and cinematography behind it but I couldn't get into the story).

Planning to see ASAP the final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2019, 06:33:02 AM »
Just binge watched Santa Clarita Diet this past week. Hilarious show, can't wait for season 3.

That show is so good. I feel like it doesn’t get enough recognition. Neither does Olyphant. He’s so hilarious in it.

On your guys' recc'n, I fired up S1E1 last night for mrs.jingle and I.  Her response ... "You have some fucked up friends on DTF".

There’s no way it took her that long to figure that out  :lol     She just finally came out and said it to you....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2019, 07:09:59 AM »
Finished Ozark - Seasons 1 & 2.  That is a fantastic show!

Now watching The Punisher, Season 2.  Also my weekly shows (Gotham, MacGyver, Law & Order SVU).   I don't have the time or energy to really watch anything else right now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2019, 08:00:09 AM »
Started a full rewatch of Game of Thrones, I've calculated that I can watch a season every other week and still have some time to spare before April 14th.

I'm on Season 5. Probably start it up this week. This re-watch has been awesome! I had only seen the episodes (1) time each prior to the re-watch so seeing them all again and having that familiarity with the characters....really, that whole 'world'.....made watching it again SO much more enjoyable. I picked up on so much that I may have not heard (understood) or overlooked before.

Recently seen Jack Ryan (very cool!) and The Terror (not my thing, I realize the great care for detail and cinematography behind it but I couldn't get into the story).

Jack Ryan was awesome!! Can't wait for a Second season of that!!!

And I totally get your' sentiment on the TERROR. I actually enjoyed it.....but, it's a tough watch if you're not really 'in' to it. Really well done but you either like it or you don't. Not a lot of wiggle room with that show.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »
Just finished Sex Education. Man I’m gonna miss it, I loved it! Really funny and touching.

Offline krands85

« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2019, 09:24:56 AM »
I'm rewatching The Shield at the moment, it's been long enough that I don't remember everything that happens. Still one of my favourite shows, just below my top tier of The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I've also been watching the US version of The Office. I never watched the UK version as I wasn't really a fan of Gervais, but when the US series appeared on Prime I gave it a go and I really like it. Pam is just adorable  :D
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline cygnusx1jg

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »
NHL, NBA, College Basketball, NFL, College Football and MLB (when they are "in season"), PPV movies, and my nightly local news.
Hope is what remains to be seen. Now we must tend our garden.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »
Wife and I have been watching "Good Eats: Reloaded" in anticipation for the new Good Eats episodes; have a lot of love and respect for AB as he changed our lives!  I fell in love with the kitchen mostly because of Good Eats... doesn't hurt that I've met Alton a few times and he really is about as nice a guy as you'll find anywhere.

"Spaced"... honestly, we watch through these two short seasons of perfection about every three months or so; and we quote the show constantly.  It's a good foil to Seinfeld (which is our other standby).  We just never get tired of them! "... why did Brian paint his ass blue the other week?"  :lol

I ashamed to say that I've watched one UNC game this season and I haven't watched VT at all...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2019, 10:37:21 PM »
At Ep5 of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix...really enjoying this show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »

I've thought about pulling the trigger on this one. Looks intriguing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »

I've thought about pulling the trigger on this one. Looks intriguing.

At Ep9 now, it's quite good. Quirky, and it doesn't take itself too seriously, yet still manages to carry a serious story that keeps drawing me in. Great characters as well, all of them really well cast.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2019, 07:58:39 AM »
On episode 6 right now.  I'm loving it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »
Finished it last night, holy crap what an ending. If they don't do a S2 I'll burn Netflix down.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2019, 03:52:03 AM »
Finished it last night, holy crap what an ending. If they don't do a S2 I'll burn Netflix down.

Man, I was looking for a topic on this show and never found it, then I find it here...lol.

I LOVED this show all the way. Maybe some cheese here and there, but I kept watching, and that ending...must be S2. :tup

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:41 AM »
Currently watching "The First" on Prime. It SHOULD be great, due to the subject matter, but it's slowly creeping in some mainstream soap-opera drama crap. Of course, the standout performance is Sean Penn.
PS: How can an old bastard like him be so ripped? (Jealous)

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
Currently watching "The First" on Prime. It SHOULD be great, due to the subject matter, but it's slowly creeping in some mainstream soap-opera drama crap. Of course, the standout performance is Sean Penn.
PS: How can an old bastard like him be so ripped? (Jealous)

That one is on HULU. I enjoyed it, but it kinda went nowhere.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2019, 04:41:37 PM »

Man, I was looking for a topic on this show and never found it, then I find it here...lol.

I LOVED this show all the way. Maybe some cheese here and there, but I kept watching, and that ending...must be S2. :tup

Just saw an post saying it was renewed for S2. Would've been downright criminal not to.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2019, 06:38:23 AM »
Doom Patrol! And a lot of fun it is! 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »

Just saw an post saying it was renewed for S2. Would've been downright criminal not to.
So I watched e01 yesterday and when everyone started to dance in the house I wondered if this was a show for me. I did cringe a few times by the characters, I mean you have the outcast, the rebel, the drug addict, the good guy and so. I'm not sure where i'm going with that but yea.

Eitherway, should I continue anyway? Maybe it gets better?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2019, 11:51:50 AM »
Finished Umbrella Academy.

I really liked it. Felt like a weird mix between X-Men and Royal Tennebaums.

Some meh moments, especially since (spoilers) time travel is involved but I think overall it was really strong. Hoping for a 2nd season.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2019, 11:14:45 PM »
Just rattled off the first (4) episodes of The Umbrella Academy. Really digging it.  :tup

**edit**
I'm only (4) in but I think from get go it was obvious that 'V' does have some sort of ability.....probably something along the lines of it's SO powerful that the Father made the choice to suppress it with medication and convince her that she's 'ordinary'. I'm thinking the 'boyfriend' is one of the other babies born that the dad didn't buy....and he's actually just there to A) Help her discover her power or B) Take her out because he knows how powerful she is.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:54:45 AM by gmillerdrake »

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »

So I watched e01 yesterday and when everyone started to dance in the house I wondered if this was a show for me. I did cringe a few times by the characters, I mean you have the outcast, the rebel, the drug addict, the good guy and so. I'm not sure where i'm going with that but yea.

Eitherway, should I continue anyway? Maybe it gets better?

I've watched the first four episodes and am not sure if I will continue this. It surely has it's moments but it has a lot of boring scenes as well, and I don't really like the characters that much. Does it get a lot better after episode 4, or is it just not the show for me?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
If you really dislike the characters, then it's probably not the show for you. All good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jay T

• Old Fart
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2019, 12:49:27 PM »
The Blacklist, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Office, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, and... Baywatch.
I don't know what to write for my signature, so this will have to suffice for now.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2019, 06:25:23 AM »
I just finished watching the new batch of Arrested Development episodes. They are amazing, and completely different from any other season.

I created a thread about it - in case anyone else wants to talk about the episodes.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
Just watched the first 9 of Umbrella Academy yesterday. Will be finishing off tonight. Really enjoying it, although I HATE Diego. I mean HATE. Could do without his character.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
I've finally forced myself to watch Fringe. I tried years ago and gave up around episode 8 or so. I made it into season 2 this time around, and I'm liking it a bit more.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »
I've finally forced myself to watch Fringe. I tried years ago and gave up around episode 8 or so. I made it into season 2 this time around, and I'm liking it a bit more.

Loved FRINGE. I thought it was a pretty good series. And, Anna Torv is easy on the eyes.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »
Season 2 was fantastic as far as I recall.

Just don't bother with Season 5, call it a day after the fourth.

I've started watching Russian Doll and The Night Manager.

TNM is awesome!!! watched the first episode only but holy fuck what a promising start.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
Season 2 was fantastic as far as I recall.

Just don't bother with Season 5, call it a day after the fourth.

I've started watching Russian Doll and The Night Manager.

TNM is awesome!!! watched the first episode only but holy fuck what a promising start.

Join in!
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53378.0

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »

Loved FRINGE. I thought it was a pretty good series. And, Anna Torv is easy on the eyes.

I couldn't imagine going through life being that good looking.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
Just watched the first 9 of Umbrella Academy yesterday. Will be finishing off tonight. Really enjoying it, although I HATE Diego. I mean HATE. Could do without his character.

finished it up over the weekend. I thought it was alright, nothing groundbreaking. I think anyone who has watched a lot of shows/series etc. probably was like me and had the gist of the season and what was going to happen figured out early on. Still, it was a fun watch.

I agree about Diego....easily the most annoying character on the show. Curious to see where they take it in season two.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »

finished it up over the weekend. I thought it was alright, nothing groundbreaking. I think anyone who has watched a lot of shows/series etc. probably was like me and had the gist of the season and what was going to happen figured out early on. Still, it was a fun watch.

I agree about Diego....easily the most annoying character on the show. Curious to see where they take it in season two.

You nailed it. As a huge X-Men fan, I knew pretty early on what/who the endgame/baddy would end up being as it closely mirrors a popular story there so I wasn't surprised at all. Looking forward to the finish tonight.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2019, 11:18:42 AM »

You nailed it. As a huge X-Men fan, I knew pretty early on what/who the endgame/baddy would end up being as it closely mirrors a popular story there so I wasn't surprised at all. Looking forward to the finish tonight.

And the way they presented ‘V’ as this meek, ‘ordinary’ character from the get go and how much they tried to drive that home in the first few episodes really screamed that she was going to end up being RN most powerful out of all of them.

What I’m curious about is the other babies that he wasn’t able to ‘buy’ as his kids? Or the explanation of how/why those women spontaneously had kids in the first place? They kind of just left that out of this season.