Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212971 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
Jack Ryan-First 2 episodes are good so far.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
Just started Travelers on Netflix. A Canadian Sci-Fi show (they tend to be pretty good at those). Almost done with Season 01 and then onto Season 2. Season 03 is happening at some point. The lead is on some other show called Will and Grace and plays the Will character so he has to juggle both shows.

note: I love Will and Grace. Just trying to be funny. Had no idea Eric McCormack was Canadian!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2018, 10:22:44 AM »
My wife and I finished Lost in Space on Netflix this past Friday. Going in, I knew OF the original show, but never watched it. So other than knowing it was a show with a family who had a robot as a companion, I had no pre-conceived expectations. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another season. I'm not sure how it is received by the majority, but it was time well spent for me. :)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »
My wife and I finished Lost in Space on Netflix this past Friday. Going in, I knew OF the original show, but never watched it. So other than knowing it was a show with a family who had a robot as a companion, I had no pre-conceived expectations. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another season. I'm not sure how it is received by the majority, but it was time well spent for me. :)

It was basically an unrelated show. You had the same character names and such, but beyond that there's virtually no similarity.

I liked the show, actually. Minus Dr. Smith. Really did not care for the that character, both the writing and the acting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
Jumping into The First on Hulu, series about the exploration of Mars with a Sean Penn led cast. If it deems itself worthy we can start a thread haha.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
Not watching, but saw the ad for The Purge and it looks like some of the most disgusting garbage ever put on screen.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »
Jack Ryan was awesome...I haven't watched a show that intense since 24 was on tv, or at least Season 1 of Homeland.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) is fantastic.  Daredevil Season 3 comes out this weekend.

Right now - back to seasonal tv with MacGyver, Walking Dead, and American Horror Story.  AHS has been really cool - it started slow, but once they began introducing characters from prior seasons, it has really become fun to watch again.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2018, 11:06:56 AM »
Final Space, a fun little sci-fi show. I never really watch animated shows but this looked fun and it was.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
Watching the new Sabrina series with the gf, it’s good and very trippy

Offline Grappler

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »
Knightfall - I really like this.  Sure, it's not Game of Thrones quality, but it's a cool little story about the holy grail and Templar knights.  Have a few minutes of the final episode left to finish tonight.  Looking forward to Mark Hamill in season 2!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »
Ploughed through Bodyguard on Netflix the other day. Pretty intense show, much more than I thought but it was good.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2018, 01:53:56 PM »
Ploughed through Bodyguard on Netflix the other day. Pretty intense show, much more than I thought but it was good.

On your recommendation I started watching this last night. Thru 3 episodes so far and love it.

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Netfix. Loved it. Only 10 episodes that are about 1/2 hour each. Really solid show.

Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill on Prime. Went thru it in 2 days. Not gonna be for everyone but found it very interesting

Offline Grappler

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »

Bodyguard was awesome.  I haven't seen such tense moments on TV since 24 was on the air. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2018, 06:06:07 AM »
Cool, yea it was a good show and it's always nice when a show you don't have much expectation for turn out to be really great.

Online faizoff

« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2018, 06:33:12 AM »

On your recommendation I started watching this last night. Thru 3 episodes so far and love it.

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Netflix. Loved it. Only 10 episodes that are about 1/2 hour each. Really solid show.

Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill on Prime. Went thru it in 2 days. Not gonna be for everyone but found it very interesting

You reversed the services but yeah Homecoming was great. Quick 10 episode of 30 mins each went by fast. It's got the feels of Mr.Robot and was great. Slower paced and beautifully shot and edited. I'm a sucker for that kinda look and editing.
I have Maniac and Bodyguard on my list.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2018, 03:26:04 AM »
Finished Chilling adventures of Sabrina. What an awesomely fun show.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2018, 06:41:11 AM »
Knightfall - I really like this.  Sure, it's not Game of Thrones quality, but it's a cool little story about the holy grail and Templar knights.  Have a few minutes of the final episode left to finish tonight.  Looking forward to Mark Hamill in season 2!

I tried with this one....but the quality of the production really got to me. It wasn’t bad....but in the eyes of ‘Vikings’ and ‘GOT’ and a handful of other shows out there.....it just didn’t compare.

Sure...I’m (we’re) spoiled with some great shows where the production is off the charts....but I couldn’t get past it on this show.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »
Was bored and browsing through amazon prime streaming and looked up "Hannibal" hoping to see the movie sequel.  Found something even better, the tv series.  Been binge watching as much as possible all weekend.  Never new this existed.

As an added bonus, I'm a Star Wars nerd, so seeing "Gaylen Erso" play the part of Hannibal Lecter is pretty cool haha.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
Was bored and browsing through amazon prime streaming and looked up "Hannibal" hoping to see the movie sequel.  Found something even better, the tv series.  Been binge watching as much as possible all weekend.  Never new this existed.

Dude....the TV series Hannibal is awesome! Glad you found it. In my mind Mads mikkelsen IS Hannibal Lectar. He’s supplanted Anthony Hopkins with a far superior performance of the character.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:10 PM »
Just finished The Office... Amazing :clap:

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2018, 06:49:01 PM »

Dude....the TV series Hannibal is awesome! Glad you found it. In my mind Mads mikkelsen IS Hannibal Lectar. He’s supplanted Anthony Hopkins with a far superior performance of the character.

After a few episodes I'd have to agree about him being THE character the best.  Of course the show has the advantage of being able to develop the character much more than a movie, but still...  He does a great job.  Looking forward to continuation of watching this show.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
Hannibal  is a great show.

Last episode of Ray Donovan was awesome. This season is totally better than last.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
Hannibal is indeed great, still have to finish the third season tho.

Also started with True Detective the other day, am on episode 4, damn good series so far, the music rocks  :metal

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »
Ray Donovan reached a new level this last episode which rivals the best 1 hour of tv I have ever seen since Breaking Bads best episode.

Mind blowing story, acting, an epic piece of film making

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »

Watching Hannibal has been great.  Season two was difficult to watch at times, not because it was bad, but because it was difficult to accept what was happening.  My mind was blown by the end of the season.

Season 3 is a bit of a dragger.  I can't say I really care for it that much (I'm half way through), as it's dragging out a story that I'm not too into and any sense of relating to any characters is basically gone (everyone just seems like a zombie that lost their humanity after everything that's happened).  I'll still watch to the end, and overall still rave about and recommend this show.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »
I don't see much TV but just finished Bodyguard and enjoyed that.

A friend has recommended Ozark so that's up next.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2018, 07:40:26 PM »
I don't see much TV but just finished Bodyguard and enjoyed that.

A friend has recommended Ozark so that's up next.

I am currently watching Bodyguard and only 2 episodes and enjoy so far.

Ozark is a good show.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
The last couple of months I've been slowly getting into Bojack Horseman.   The first half of the first season had a few laughs, but I was starting to get really sick of "funny humor about a complete narcissist" theme.   ....and then the whole theme of the show really shifted. 

I'm just starting Season 3, and I'm really into it.    Many moments where I've found myself with my jaw on the floor thinking, "I *did not* just see something that insightful in a show about an anthropomorphic horse!"
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2019, 07:25:15 PM »
Bojack is just something else and each season is amazing and unique. I loved the last two a lot  :metal

Also just finished with the first season of True Detective. Well damn, what a great story.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Not a show that has continue story, but the show I'm Sorry is friggin hilarious. I have been binging it the last 2 days. I do not know how I missed it

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »
Just binge watched Santa Clarita Diet this past week. Hilarious show, can't wait for season 3.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »
Bojack is just something else and each season is amazing and unique. I loved the last two a lot  :metal

Also just finished with the first season of True Detective. Well damn, what a great story.

I just finished catching up on Bojack. Just an amazing and insightful show. I still say the first half of the first season is pretty one-dimensional and superficial. But it works as a set up for the rest of the show. Just brilliant.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »
Oh yeah first half of season 1 is very weak and nothing compared to what came after.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »
Just binge watched Santa Clarita Diet this past week. Hilarious show, can't wait for season 3.

That show is so good. I feel like it doesn’t get enough recognition. Neither does Olyphant. He’s so hilarious in it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2019, 01:59:00 AM »
Watching Punisher.  :hefdaddy

And just started watching Deadly Class (SyFy). Very cool!

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....