Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212897 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2018, 11:38:59 AM »
Just started watching Sherlock holmes. its pretty good

The BBC ‘Sherlock’ with Benjamin Cumberbatch?

That is a REALLY good series.

Oh yeah. Its really rock solid. Cumberbatch really nails the character.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2018, 10:31:32 PM »
New HBO show called Sharp objects.

Its about a small town murder mystery. Pretty good so far

Saw the first episode. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but I'm not completely sold yet.

SOLD After three episodes now. It’s really getting its footing and has turned into a pretty interesting show. Very creepy at times and the murder/mystery takes a back seat to the ‘mystery’ of Amy Adams character.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2018, 01:08:39 AM »

Saw the first episode. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but I'm not completely sold yet.

SOLD After three episodes now. It’s really getting its footing and has turned into a pretty interesting show. Very creepy at times and the murder/mystery takes a back seat to the ‘mystery’ of Amy Adams character.

Yeah, this show is becoming addicting for me too. The character of Camille gets a lot of criticism around the web, but I'm loving the overall writing and acting of Amy. I just wish I could binge it rather than wait a week.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
Just started watching Castle Rock, first episode was interesting. I'm looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2018, 08:35:31 AM »
I finished the revival of Twin Peaks. I really enjoyed it but my god the balls on that man to end the series the way he did. Though it did leave me wanting more and I hope he has ideas for a season 4.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2018, 03:14:34 AM »
Just started watching Castle Rock, first episode was interesting. I'm looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

Yeah, it's promising so far.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2018, 03:41:50 AM »
Just started watching Sherlock holmes. its pretty good

The BBC ‘Sherlock’ with Benjamin Cumberbatch?

That is a REALLY good series.

Oh yeah. Its really rock solid. Cumberbatch really nails the character.

I fell in love with the show at the first episode.

Specifically, when Holmes and Watson barely have met, and they discuss what he actually does:

Watson: "Well, I'd say you're a consultant but the police doesn't consult amateurs"
Holmes: (5 minute rant about every detail about Watson's life he correctly  deduced by observing him. While Watson is amazed he adds) "See? you were right."
Watson: "Right about what?"
Holmes: "The police doesn't consult amateurs"

:D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
The Toys that Made Us (Netflix)

1-Hour episodes on popular 1980's toy lines.  The Star Wars and He Man episodes were pretty good.  Haven't checked out any of the others (GI Joe, Transformers, Barbie), but it's fun to see how some of my favorite toys as kids were created.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »
Finished binging Darling in the Franxx a few days ago. First half of the series is kinda eh, some typical mecha anime stuff. The second half (starting around episode 13ish) gets REALLY good. The characters really grip you, and the Hiro/Zero Two romance is one of my favorite TV romances ever. Second half is a huge tearjerker too.

Outside of that, I'm casually meandering through iZombie and season 4 of Sherlock. iZombie is probably the funniest show I've seen since Scrubs, but the overarching plot isn't really binge worthy imo. Good in small doses. Sherlock is... Sherlock. The episodes are basically movies so I just watch one when the mood strikes. Also keeping up with My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan since those are back on the air.

Definitely looking for good serialized shows to watch. Something totally bingeable like Person of Interest or Gravity Falls or something like that

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »
Babylon berlin on netflix. So far so good. Its like detective noir

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2018, 07:25:49 AM »
Anyone else watch 'ALONE' on History channel? My boys and I love to watch it. It's a pretty interesting concept. (10) contestants start....they get to choose  (10) survival items from a list (and are given a couple additional by the show) then they are dropped off in a remote location.....have to film themselves 'surviving'. No help. No one around. Just them. When they feel like they can't go on they use a satellite phone they are provided and 'tap out'. The contestants never know when others tap out and/or how many remain. Last one to tap gets $500k.

It's pretty neat. Not 'enthralling' action but it's just neat to see how people deal with being isolated and how different people go about 'surviving'. There's been (5) seasons and without spoiling too much there hasn't been a contestant to make it past 100 days.

I filled out a preliminary competition application online and it said be prepared to be gone one year. I never heard back from them which is probably a good thing because my wife wasn't too thrilled I signed up  :biggrin: 

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »
Anyone else watch 'ALONE' on History channel? My boys and I love to watch it. It's a pretty interesting concept. (10) contestants start....they get to choose  (10) survival items from a list (and are given a couple additional by the show) then they are dropped off in a remote location.....have to film themselves 'surviving'. No help. No one around. Just them. When they feel like they can't go on they use a satellite phone they are provided and 'tap out'. The contestants never know when others tap out and/or how many remain. Last one to tap gets $500k.

It's pretty neat. Not 'enthralling' action but it's just neat to see how people deal with being isolated and how different people go about 'surviving'. There's been (5) seasons and without spoiling too much there hasn't been a contestant to make it past 100 days.

I filled out a preliminary competition application online and it said be prepared to be gone one year. I never heard back from them which is probably a good thing because my wife wasn't too thrilled I signed up  :biggrin:

I remember watching that show a couple years back. I remember liking it but I think that there were too many other shows on and I couldn't fit them all in, so I faded away from it. I'll give it another try.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »
I watched the premier episode of 'Lodge 49' on AMC. It was pretty interesting....and seems like it could be a neat show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2018, 07:36:44 AM »

Yeah, this show is becoming addicting for me too. The character of Camille gets a lot of criticism around the web, but I'm loving the overall writing and acting of Amy. I just wish I could binge it rather than wait a week.

Only two episodes left.....this has been a really cool show. I'm beginning to think that Camille is the murderer. Her or Alan....her moms husband. I'm starting to think maybe Camille murdered her younger sister just to get back at her mom? Who knows.....

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2018, 07:57:42 AM »
Just started Castle Rock and will be starting Fargo season 3 this week too.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »
Lilyhammer on Netflix. 

My boss told me about this a while ago and I finally started watching.  Take Silvio Dante from The Sopranos and drop him in Norway and this is what you get - even though it's a different character and story.  So far, it's absolutely hilarious. 

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2018, 09:58:11 AM »

Only two episodes left.....this has been a really cool show. I'm beginning to think that Camille is the murderer. Her or Alan....her moms husband. I'm starting to think maybe Camille murdered her younger sister just to get back at her mom? Who knows.....

It is a solid show.

I have not read the book and need to watch last nights episode, but I think it is Camilles mother

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2018, 11:09:11 AM »

It is a solid show.

I have not read the book and need to watch last nights episode, but I think it is Camilles mother

That isn’t out of the question either. Makes perfect sense actually.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »
Only thing that could mess up that theory is that when the detective did the test on pulling teeth out he could not do it.

So I am inclined to think her mother isn't the killer.

Whats great about the series, besides the storyline and acting is that, here we are still guesing with only 2 episodes left.

This last episode 6 was the best by far.

Totally digging this show

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »
The subtle hints. aka the sisters ear etc, are just enough to through you out there.

It almost has a Twin Peaks feel, just not as out there

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
Only thing that could mess up that theory is that when the detective did the test on pulling teeth out he could not do it.

So I am inclined to think her mother isn't the killer.

Whats great about the series, besides the storyline and acting is that, here we are still guesing with only 2 episodes left.

This last episode 6 was the best by far.

Totally digging this show

Yeah....this last episode really cranked up the intrigue and suspicion. I really like how they handle Camille's flashback sequences...how they piece them into the moment she finds herself in. So well done.

I get the pulling teeth thing being 'too hard' for a woman to do.....but at the same time that very well could be a Red Herring situation to throw you off the scent of it being a woman?

I agree that the fact there is no clear front runner as far as who the killer is with only two episodes left is a sign of good writing. I'm under the assumption the killer will be a character we've seen and met and not just a 'random' person. That'd be fairly disappointing at this point.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:41 AM »
The 5th Season of 'The 100' hit Netflix so I watched the first 5 episodes last night. I know it's a CW show and all....but I really like it. It's a guilty pleasure type show yet at the same time I think they've done a good job of keeping the story evolving and interesting. Anyone else watch this show?

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »
The first few seasons of season 1 I think are pretty poor, but other than that I really enjoyed the first two seasons. It's definitely a CW show, because they ride the 'forced drama because no one can ever get along with anyone else for more than two seconds' train pretty hard, but there's some really great stuff there. The ending to season 2 (which I won't spoil) in particular I think is genuinely one of the best things I've seen on TV. I sort of lost interest sometime in the third season though, when it seemed like they tried to drive that train through the station one too many times and all the characters starting making stupid decisions and regressing in their development.

Might just be me, though. I know lots of people still watch and enjoy the show, and who knows, maybe seasons 4 and 5 are better.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
The first few seasons of season 1 I think are pretty poor, but other than that I really enjoyed the first two seasons. It's definitely a CW show, because they ride the 'forced drama because no one can ever get along with anyone else for more than two seconds' train pretty hard, but there's some really great stuff there. The ending to season 2 (which I won't spoil) in particular I think is genuinely one of the best things I've seen on TV. I sort of lost interest sometime in the third season though, when it seemed like they tried to drive that train through the station one too many times and all the characters starting making stupid decisions and regressing in their development.

Might just be me, though. I know lots of people still watch and enjoy the show, and who knows, maybe seasons 4 and 5 are better.

I had never heard of it until I discovered it on Netflix a couple years ago. At the time there were (3) seasons ready to watch so I binged it in a week or so. Then, I've just waited for season 4 and 5 to hit Netflix.

I agree that they manufacture some small drama between characters just to have it but all in all they've ran a pretty cool story....it could have easily 'dried up' considering the limitations that 'world' has to offer....but they've kept it interesting enough for me to keep up with it. It's not Game of Thrones by any means but I've watched much....much worse.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Sharp Objects keeps stepping it up. WOW. Beautifully done series.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »

I still need to watch last nights episode....didn't get the chance to.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2018, 02:24:31 AM »
12 Monkeys and Castle Rock. And some G.L.O.W.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »

Dang....got to watch it.....Man, this is a good show!!

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2018, 07:06:16 AM »

The finale should be epic

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2018, 12:08:35 PM »

I loved the book and thought the show started slow but I wanted to stick with it because I knew it should get better and it certainly did.  I haven't watched the latest episode but I expect it and the finale to be fantastic and a bit jaw dropping.  I was able to download Sundays episode before heading out to Europe, but I'll have to wait till I get home to finish off the show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »

I loved the book and thought the show started slow but I wanted to stick with it because I knew it should get better and it certainly did.  I haven't watched the latest episode but I expect it and the finale to be fantastic and a bit jaw dropping.  I was able to download Sundays episode before heading out to Europe, but I'll have to wait till I get home to finish off the show.

Holy cow......crazy finale! I had a feeling there’d be a curve ball and man was there!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:17 AM »
Recently started watching The Handmaids Tale with my girlfriend. It's interesting how the show makes me super interested in keep watching it yet makes me so disgusted at the same time.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2018, 12:10:09 AM »

Sharp objects

3 episodes in. I thought it would be better, but I'll stick with it. Anytime anything interesting is about to happen, the extremely annoying mother shows up and is like "you are embarrassing the family". It gets old.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:38:53 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2018, 01:11:01 AM »
I'm two episodes into Altered Carbon!

Liking it so far! I'm a big fan of future dystopias, like Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell and Judge Dredd

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2018, 11:42:37 PM »
Just started watching The sinner with jessica biel on netflix.

So far, its really good.