Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212830 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
What Shows are you currently watching?
« on: August 08, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Just a place for the shows your currently into.  It can be shows currently showing, between series or old shows your watching for the first time or re watching.   And if you like you can give a review of how your finding it and a rating of your excitement levels at this moment.

So....

Game of Thrones - I'm sure this will be on a lot of peoples lists.  It's heading towards it's endgame in epic style, I'm going to give this a 10/10 for current excitement.

Futurama - I'm currently burning though the second batch of episodes made after the 4 films.  To be honest I'm finding it very hit and miss, for me it's lost some of it's spark and there seems more 'random' humour, it's still capable of great episodes though.  6/10

Legends of Tomorrow - So indifferent towards series 1.  Series 2 was a massive step up, this is my go to fun show - hope the quality remains when it returns.  7/10

The Flash - This was my go to fun show.  But personal drama and boring emotions made series 3 a real chore.  I'll be watching when it returns, but if it feels like no improvement I'll drop it.   3/10.

The Walking Dead - Negan, Oh God Negan this guy is killing the show for me, and made the last two series have dragged - I do hope the all out war that must be about to happen will clear the air.   4/10.

Westworld - Series 1 was pretty great, I'm very interested to see where they are going with a second series.  8/10

Doctor Who - The end of two era's Capaldi and Moffat.  I'm excited for Whittaker and a female Doctor, I'm more worried about Chibnall as the showrunner, his episodes have been patchy.   6/10

Travellers - I like the idea's behind the show, but I'm not so keen on the execution of it.  I'll give it another go when (if?) it returns.  5/10.

Stranger Things - I grow up in the 80's (albeit the UK not America) and I'm a massive Stephen King fan.  Yeah the first series of this show was very good.   Can't wait for it to return.   9/10.

Ozark - I watched the first episode over the weekend and it was really quite good, I'm certainly looking forward to watch more.  8/10.

Zoo - Erm yeah this is hokey crap.  My wife watches it and I've been dragged along for the (very bumpy) ride.  It's cheap, it's stupid but it's easily digestible.   3/10.

Black Mirror - I actually thought the 6 Netflix episodes weren't of the quality of the original show, but they were still decent.  Most things Brooker creates are worth watching.  7/10

Looking forward to 'Mr Mercedes' tomorrow (hopefully we will get it in the UK) and once I'm done with Futurama I'm going to move onto Rick and Morty - purely based on how you guys have been decribing it in the thread on this site - sounds like my kind of show.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:11:10 AM by soupytwist »

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:10:03 AM »
Summer/current:

Game of Thrones

The Strain (final season)

The 90's (CNN - fantastic retrospective series.  I was a teenager in the 90's and didn't pay attention to national politics or world events, so this has been a lot of fun to watch)

Talking with Chris Hardwick (intermittent, when he has a guest I like.  He delves deep into how actors got into the business and how they do their work, rather than talking about the plot of their shows like his other Talking series).

Fear The Walking Dead (I stopped watching the show towards the end of the second season, but the premier and the first half of the third season was excellent and it sucked me back in)

Regular season:

Gotham

Agents of Shield

The Walking Dead (I was patient last season.  JDM is awesome as Negan and I understood that they had to do some world building to show how all of these other communities were affected by the Saviors before going into All Out War).  I'm expecting next season to be stellar.

Law & Order SVU

I watched the 24 Legacy and Prison Break revivals last spring and really enjoyed them.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »

How are you liking this? I've liked the show the entire time but this final season has been kind of a dud thus far IMO. Each episode so far feels like it's setting something up which I get...but at the same time it's lacking the drive the other seasons have had. I'm certainly sticking with it to the end but I've been underwhelmed so far this season.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
Shows I'm watching, catching up with previous seasons and that I will continue watching once new seasons will be avalaible:

Game of Thrones
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Orange is the New Black
The Man in the High Castle
The Big Bang Theory
Mozart in the Jungle
House of Cards
Black Mirror
Sherlock
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Stranger Things
American Horror Story
Fargo
Lucifer
Mr. Robot
Silicon Valley
Veep
Westworld
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Grappler

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »

How are you liking this? I've liked the show the entire time but this final season has been kind of a dud thus far IMO. Each episode so far feels like it's setting something up which I get...but at the same time it's lacking the drive the other seasons have had. I'm certainly sticking with it to the end but I've been underwhelmed so far this season.

Pretty much the same. I don't like how all of the characters are split up and I can't stand Eph's kid being aligned with the vampires.  All of the questing for the Occido Lumen in prior seasons has led to nothing so far.  I really liked the WWII tie-in with Setrakian and Eichorst's history, and they've gotten away from that relationship.  None of them seem to be concerned with the Master at all. 

This week's episode finally got intense right at the end, and Eph seems to be on the verge of discovering the master plan (replacing humans with half-breeds, though I'm not sure why the vampires want to do that, unless it helps with a food supply once they run out of real humans to feed on). 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 01:24:57 PM »
My Big Fat Fabulous Life
The Real Housewives of <insert location here>
Breaking Amish
Teen Mom OG

Mrs. Cool Chris controls the remote.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 05:57:16 AM »
We try to keep the number of shows we're watching to a minimum

- Game of Thrones : No comments needed
- Grace and Frankie :  Just finished last night. Enjoyed it way more than I thought I would
- The Mick : Stars Dee from Always Sunny. This show is an absolute riot.
- The Office : This show is kind of like Seinfeld is to my dad. I've seen every episode many times, but I always throw it on anyway

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »
My list in no particular order:

Game of Thrones
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Deadliest Catch
Ink Master
Face Off
Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Black Mirror
Sherlock
Stranger Things
Mr. Robot
Westworld
Channel Zero
The 100
The Expanse
American Pickers
Mountain Men
Alaska: The Final Frontier

***this list does not include the series I've binged on NETFLIX*** ha ha ha

***edit***   The STRAIN
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:47:36 PM by gmillerdrake »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
Not a big fan of TV but am currently digging into Twin Peaks: The Return, and have to finish the first season of Mushishi and The Wire.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
The Wire
Preacher
The Strain
Orange is the new Black
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
GOT.
Suits (highly recommended)
The History Of Comedy
Midnight, Texas
People Of Earth
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 05:11:22 AM »
Not much right now:

- Game of Thrones
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- The Ozarks

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:07 AM »
My active shows include

The Blacklist
Designated Survivor
Travelers
Grace and Frankie
Agents of Shield
Colony
The Daily Show

I was watching The Flash, but I've decided to bail on that.  Far too often, I'm annoyed with the sub-plots and details behind the main arc.

But at the moment, pretty much everything is on hiatus.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
Colony

Ahh yeah, I'm watching this one as well. I like it. Curious to see how many more season's it can get. I know they got renewed for one more but this has that 'feeling' of each season could be the last without warning.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Orphan Black also. See too much good stuff said about it to continue to ignore it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 06:06:27 AM »
Elementary
Longmire
Casual
The Strain (just started)
The Walking Dead
Supernatural

I don't watch a lot of TV. I started The Ozarks, but haven't decided if I want to continue.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »

I'm two episodes behind because the I'm having a hard time making time to watch since the first few episodes this season were not great. I'll finish the show but I've been pretty disappointed so far.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »

I'm two episodes behind because the I'm having a hard time making time to watch since the first few episodes this season were not great. I'll finish the show but I've been pretty disappointed so far.

This week's episode picked up the pace and was more action-oriented.  The Eichorst/Sertrakian relationship also came back into play.  But I agree - the start of the season was really dull.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
Still airing: GoT, TWD and all the adult animated shows there is except Bob's Burgers.
Old: Too many and too occasional. Most prominent would probably be Star Trek TNG, The Office and all the adult animated shows that was ever made except Futurama.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 12:07:09 AM »
Currently following:

Game of Thrones
Rick and Morty
Narcos
Outlander
Stranger Things
Vikings
Doctor Who
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
American Gods
Better Call Saul
Daredevil
House of Cards
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Legion
Luke Cage
Luther
Mr Robot
The OA
Peaky Blinders
Sherlock
Star Wars Rebels
Taboo
True Detective
Westworld

--------------

On my to-watch list:

The Hollow Crown
The Crown
A Handmaid's Tale
13 Reasons Why
Fargo
Broadchurch
Marco Polo
Voctoria
Goliath
Samurai Jack
The Killing
The Wire

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
I do not watch a lot of TV. Besides sports and Food Network. That said, the best show on TV just started up again................ Ray Donovan. First two episodes were a bit slow, but It is gonna get explosive. My favorite show on TV right now.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
Not a big fan of TV but am currently digging into Twin Peaks: The Return, and have to finish the first season of Mushishi and The Wire.
Also started Mr Robot, pretty good so far.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 06:19:04 AM »
Just wrapped up Last Man Standing. Pretty funny show, but it fell victim often to what I call Big Bang Theory Syndrome. A character will say a line, and you know what the resulting punchline is going to be before the 30+ seconds of dialogue is said to deliver it. Even though he was the dunce of the show, I thought Kyle was hilarious. Pretty bummed to find out that it was abruptly cancelled after the 5th season with no proper ending of any kind.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
Game of Thrones
Thronecast
The Walking Dead
The Talking Dead
Westworld
Suits
Stranger Things .. Had to wait for DVD
Orange is the New Black
Fear The Walking Dead .. I went off it, but now can just handle it.
House of Cards .. Huge Kevin Spacey Fan .. although I am on Season 4
Veep
Better Call Saul
Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Last week Tonight with John Oliver
Full Frontal with Sam B
American Horror Story .. waiting for new season ...
Outcast ... again waiting on new season ....
The Magicians .. Loved the books
I did like Lucifer .. but have gone off it.

I don't have Netflix, so a lot of the new ones have not made it to Australia yet...

Offline jammindude

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »
Late to the game, but I just saw the first episode of Agents of SHEILD for the first time.

I actually enjoyed it.  Ive heard that the first couple of seasons are not that great, but the pilot was entertaining. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 05:44:27 AM »
It's more like the first half of season 1 isn't all that good, but it picks up near the end of it and has been good and sometimes even great ever since.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »
Also started Mr Robot, pretty good so far.
Finished it some days ago, amazing series.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Just wrapped up Last Man Standing. Pretty funny show, but it fell victim often to what I call Big Bang Theory Syndrome. A character will say a line, and you know what the resulting punchline is going to be before the 30+ seconds of dialogue is said to deliver it. Even though he was the dunce of the show, I thought Kyle was hilarious. Pretty bummed to find out that it was abruptly cancelled after the 5th season with no proper ending of any kind.

Kyle reminds me of Jeff Fischer from American Dad. It was a good show though. Not too bad but watchable.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »
It's more like the first half of season 1 isn't all that good, but it picks up near the end of it and has been good and sometimes even great ever since.

Nailed it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »
Heck, I'm only on Episode 5, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it.   Maybe just because I don't have anything to compare it to yet.

(Ok....the rubber raft sealing the breach in the plane was really, REALLY silly, but....)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
Anyone seen American Gods or Ray Donovan? I've heard good things about both of these.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »
Anyone seen American Gods or Ray Donovan? I've heard good things about both of these.

I saw the first few seasons of Ray Donovan, and it's really really good. I missed the last season or two.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
Wow, I completely forgot about American Gods! If the first season is over, I absolutely have to moderately-binge it (one episode per day, as I do with all my shows)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »
I have a couple of shows on the go at the minute:

1. Twin Peaks

I never watched it back in the day. It is very very strange, but there is something about it that keeps you coming back for more. A real strange mix of murder mystery, humour, and just surreal nonsense. I think I'm at episode 4 or 5 of season 2, but my interest is starting to fail. I hope to finish it and then move on to The Return.

2. The OA

Just a couple of episodes into this one, but it's another weird one. I'm not quite sure in which direction it's headed. Is she sent from some alternate reality, or what?  :)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
Finished Narcos S03 the other day and just started The Expanse S02. Other than that I follow Ray Donovan s05 and FOTWD.

Then there's a few that's on season break:

GOT
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Westworld
Stranger Things

I'm interested in The Orville.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:57:24 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
I really really enjoyed s01-04 of Ray Donovan but i'm not feeling S05 atm sadly but you should definitely give it a try.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls