Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 213091 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #910 on: July 16, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »
Currently re-watching Fringe

Been thinking of doing a re-watch of that one. REALLY liked it when it was out, thought it was a solid series......plus Anna Torv is pretty easy on the eyes......

Understatement of the year, she is downright mesmerizing.

Had to put Tales from the Loop on hold since a friend told me about Devs and now I'm binging that  :lol

The thing about Anna Torv is she doesn't look 'fake' or caked in make up. She is just a natural beauty.

I watched Devs as well. Very interesting show. It was odd in the way where I was totally in to the show without ever feeling like I was in to it.  :lol   It's hard to explain. But, it's a worthwhile watch.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #911 on: July 16, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
She's got an extreme level of grace to her beauty, the type of stuff that wars are started over.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #912 on: July 18, 2020, 10:01:58 PM »
Finished up Never Have I Ever last weekend. Even though it's a teen dramedy of sorts, the writing is clever enough to not be completely cliche.

Today, my wife and I binged the 1st season of What We Do in the Shadows.

My wife loves Flight of the Concords and enjoyed the film from 2014. This show is at times maybe even funnier. Mark Proksch who some may remember from Better Call Saul, is probably my favorite part of this show at times, playing an energy vampire, which so many of the traits of vampires don't apply to him.

Looking forward to checking out Season 2 soon.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #913 on: July 18, 2020, 10:04:41 PM »
I've read that the "What we do in the shadows" show is even funnier than the movie and is fantastic. I've been meaning to check it out for a while.
Wife and I too really enjoyed Never Have I ever, it looks like a teen dramedy but is actually funny for adults too.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #914 on: July 21, 2020, 01:18:55 AM »
Never have I ever is awesome!

I finished Tales from the Loop, it was quite slow but the stories were pretty cool. The sci-fi is just the excuse to justify some of the things happening in the show, at the core it's a look at intertwined families in a timeless - but '80s-ish looking - suburban Ohio small town. Very nice!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #915 on: July 21, 2020, 10:02:14 AM »

Which one (there are a couple iterations).  We've been watching the "Before The 90 Days" and it's jaw-dropping.  Some of these people simply have no shame whatsoever.

For me, its Before the 90 days all the way. I can't get enough  :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #916 on: July 24, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
We binged Warrior Nun.  I really enjoyed it.

Oh man, just binged this over 2 nights. What a show. When the last episode ended I was pissed. This really needs to be renewed. That was such a cliffhanger.

Alba Baptista was excellent! This was her first ever English language role and you could never tell.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2020, 05:18:26 AM »
Started with The Office.

Oh, so that's where all those memes I was seeing were coming from  :lol

I'll watch it with a meta experience in mind and I will pretend that this is what Jack Ryan was doing before leaving this office and starting a carrer as a CIA analyst.  ;D

I'm only three episodes in but I suppose it's an underlying, so far not admitted running joke that he's totally into the receptionist, right?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #918 on: July 26, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »
I was listening to the Iron Maiden song The Prisoner and it inspired me to watch the show it was based on. The british show of the same name from 1967.

Awesome and interesting concept. Taken to an island and given a number instead of a name. Trapped and under constant surveillance. Not bad for 1967

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #919 on: July 26, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »
Almost finished with season 1 of Mr Robot. It’s quite good, but it truly is a rip on Fight Club.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline jammindude

« Reply #920 on: July 26, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »
I was listening to the Iron Maiden song The Prisoner and it inspired me to watch the show it was based on. The british show of the same name from 1967.

Awesome and interesting concept. Taken to an island and given a number instead of a name. Trapped and under constant surveillance. Not bad for 1967

Such a fantastic series. And the background on the final episode is quite fascinating. Patrick McGoohan was a freakin genius...and possibly one of the first artists to completely troll his audience.

Almost Tool-like.  :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #921 on: July 26, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
Damn that reminds me I never finished watching that show despite liking it a lot :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #922 on: July 26, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
Got back into Lost this weekend, feels really good to watch again.

Funny thing, I noticed this boat behind the raft. Probably old news but I never noticed it.  :lol

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #923 on: July 27, 2020, 07:42:47 AM »
Started with The Office.

Oh, so that's where all those memes I was seeing were coming from  :lol

I'll watch it with a meta experience in mind and I will pretend that this is what Jack Ryan was doing before leaving this office and starting a carrer as a CIA analyst.  ;D

I'm only three episodes in but I suppose it's an underlying, so far not admitted running joke that he's totally into the receptionist, right?

Um, er.  Uh.  So...   uh.  :) :) :)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #924 on: July 27, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »
Boy, that escalated quickly.  ;D

Yeah, few episodes later I can see how t's not a "if you pay attention you kinda see the clues" kind of thing, more like a "they hit you on the head with it" kind of thing  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: July 27, 2020, 07:52:22 AM »
Boy, that escalated quickly.  ;D

Yeah, few episodes later I can see how t's not a "if you pay attention you kinda see the clues" kind of thing, more like a "they hit you on the head with it" kind of thing  :lol

Well, I don't think I'm spoiling things, but over the arc of the series it's probably the only aspect of the show that isn't in some form or fashion absurd (I mean that in the "arousing amusement; ridiculous" sense of the word).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #926 on: July 27, 2020, 08:48:27 AM »
There's a podcast on Spotify run by the guy who plays Kevin on The Office, going back through the creation of The Office and a bunch of behind the scenes discussion. I thought it was really interesting how much trouble they had getting it on the air and fighting for it, and how Steve Carell's sudden meteoric rise pretty much saved the show and then it took off from there.

Not watching anything right now, just waiting for season 2 of The Boys.  :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #927 on: July 27, 2020, 08:55:25 AM »
There's a podcast on Spotify run by the guy who plays Kevin on The Office, going back through the creation of The Office and a bunch of behind the scenes discussion. I thought it was really interesting how much trouble they had getting it on the air and fighting for it, and how Steve Carell's sudden meteoric rise pretty much saved the show and then it took off from there.

Jenna and Angela have a podcast as well called The Office Ladies. They're going back and rewatching the series, and every week they talk about the next episode. It's not bad. I haven't listened much (applies to all podcasts) since I stopped commuting.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2020, 08:59:44 AM »
Watching season 3 of the show Hannibal. Very beautifully shot, fantastic cinematography and amazing vibe of the creepy cannibal. Mads Mikkelson is phenomenal and has such a unique take on the lead character.

Season 2 was pretty much flawless and 3 has to sort of restart things a bit. The show is so difficult to watch at times with the violence. I still can't believe this was shown on NBC, though since I'm watching it on bluray they appear to be the Producer's Cut of many episodes which I imagine has a lot more full-on gore than what was aired.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #929 on: July 27, 2020, 09:22:24 AM »
Watching season 3 of the show Hannibal. Very beautifully shot, fantastic cinematography and amazing vibe of the creepy cannibal. Mads Mikkelson is phenomenal and has such a unique take on the lead character.

I'd agree with all of this, and yet the first season was so "heavy" for lack of a better word that it didn't fully conquered me, and so I gave up on the show. I know it's my fault and not the show, I can totally see its quality, it just didn't reasonate enough with me.

BTW, I met Mads Mikkelsen, I was around Copenhagen one night as a tourist concentrated esclusively on taking pictures of a very scenic neighbourhood, and I turn around and there he was.  ;D who would have imagine he was the reason why half an hour earlier they told us a side of the street was closed because they were filming!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: July 27, 2020, 09:23:34 AM »

Jenna and Angela have a podcast as well called The Office Ladies. They're going back and rewatching the series, and every week they talk about the next episode. It's not bad. I haven't listened much (applies to all podcasts) since I stopped commuting.

Thanks for the heads up Chino, I'm gonna give that a listen!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: July 27, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

Season 2 was pretty much flawless and 3 has to sort of restart things a bit. The show is so difficult to watch at times with the violence. I still can't believe this was shown on NBC, though since I'm watching it on bluray they appear to be the Producer's Cut of many episodes which I imagine has a lot more full-on gore than what was aired.

IMO Mads Mikkelson IS Hannibal Lectar. His take on the character is far more developed and deep and well done than Hopkins was.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
I feel it's a bit unfair to compare the two since Mads has 3 seasons of TV to give depth and develop while Anthony Hopkins was only in 3 movies with only one fully centered around his character. But yeah Mads is a lot more nerve wracking and sinister from the outset.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2020, 10:24:55 AM »

The supporting characters are, in my opinion, by far the best part of that show.   

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #934 on: July 27, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Chino, I'm gonna give that a listen!

:tup Fair warning... the first few episodes are a little rough around the edges. But they get in a good groove once they figure the show out. They get other guests from the show on every now and then as well.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »

The supporting characters are, in my opinion, by far the best part of that show.

Creed is hysterical.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #936 on: July 29, 2020, 09:34:49 PM »

I'd agree with all of this, and yet the first season was so "heavy" for lack of a better word that it didn't fully conquered me, and so I gave up on the show. I know it's my fault and not the show, I can totally see its quality, it just didn't reasonate enough with me.

BTW, I met Mads Mikkelsen, I was around Copenhagen one night as a tourist concentrated esclusively on taking pictures of a very scenic neighbourhood, and I turn around and there he was.  ;D who would have imagine he was the reason why half an hour earlier they told us a side of the street was closed because they were filming!

That would be a cool celebrity sighting! Did you speak to him? Did he say anything??

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #937 on: July 30, 2020, 01:08:37 AM »
I'm shy and having a cool, suave response on the fly while in public or addressing a celebrity - even a musician - is not my strong suit. I consider myself quite fluent in english but you should see how many times I screwed up talking with musicians.....  :D

With this premise, my reaction to suddenly find myself next to an actor I knew was to raise a thumb up and say "hey man, you're awesome!". He gave a thumb back up and smiled  :tup :D he was talking with other people and I didn't risk asking for a photo together, so I'll just be happy with having told Hannibal he was awesome hehe!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #938 on: July 30, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »
Thats very cool you got to see him! I've seen a few interviews of him and he seem so chill. Like such a fun guy to hang out with.

I finally finished the Hannibal series and am amazed at the quality of the show. It could actually be in my top 5 that's how good it was. I think it really surprised me at first I wasnt expecting it to be so polished. It very much kept in line with the themes and philosophy of the books and movies. It's a shame they didn't get rights to some of the characters from Silence of the Lambs if only to see their take. Because the characters they did choose were quite compelling as well. I know everyone talks about Mads being amazing and he definitely deserves all the credit but the casting of Will Graham played by Hugh Dancy was another powerful character. His journey is very well written and quite different from the books/movies which I remember being a very straightforward typical FBI agent with some profiling skills.

I am looking around and see feedback that the 3rd season wasn't that well liked initially. I've got a soft spot for the Hannibal movie and I liked the European setting used, I loved the slow buildup of the first few episodes and that arc then develops to Red Dragon while also having elements of Hannibal Rising. I really enjoyed the 1st half just as much as the 2nd.

I am hopeful it gets picked up for another season but am also very content if that was the end because it ended at a good spot.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #939 on: August 03, 2020, 11:34:52 AM »
Started the new season for Umbrella Academy. 2 episodes in and it's pretty good so far.

I also started watching Schitt's Creek.  I'm at the end of season 2 and overall is not a bad show.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #940 on: August 03, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »
Started the new season for Umbrella Academy. 2 episodes in and it's pretty good so far.

Plan on starting S2 soon.

Started watching 'What We Do in the Shadows'.........freaking funny show. I can't get enough of it.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: August 11, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »
Just watched all 7 seasons of The Shield. I had never seen it before and watched it over two weeks. I feel exhausted, it was that intense a show. Next up OZ.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #942 on: August 12, 2020, 02:15:37 AM »
I'm in my final days of a monthly subscription to Prime Video, I'm not gonna start a new series with so little time left, so I took a trip down memory lane and started watching some random X Files episodes, like the first ones and some crucial ones that I remember never seeing on TV.

It struck me how in the first episode they find dead kids and someone asks another "it's the class of '89.... it's happening again, isn't it?" and at the moment I thought, since the dudes were older, that they were talking about the previous generation, when the adult men themselves were young.... took me a while to remember how old is X Files by now and that in the pilot episode with "class of '89" they meant THREE YEARS AGO  :lol damn I'm old.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #943 on: August 12, 2020, 08:39:17 AM »
Just watched all 7 seasons of The Shield. I had never seen it before and watched it over two weeks. I feel exhausted, it was that intense a show. Next up OZ.

It's good, though, isn't it.   Walton Goggins is just an unreal actor. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: August 12, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »
Watched S2 of the Umbrella Academy. That is a fun show. The way it left off makes me very curious about S3.

I have the second season episodes of 'the Alienist' on TNT starting to accumulate on my DVR. Just haven't had a chance to really sit and dig into that one yet. S1 was pretty good so I'm looking forward to getting going on this season.