Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 216042 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #525 on: February 08, 2020, 04:11:36 AM »
Just finished Bojack Horseman. Damn, I'll miss this show :'(
Yes, just finished this too. I was disappointed with the ending, but overall this has to be one of the best TV shows I've seen, it's incredibly thought-provoking as jammindude said.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #526 on: February 08, 2020, 09:05:56 AM »
I actually quite liked the ending.   In some ways, it may have been a bit anti-climactic, but I thought it was very poignant.   I mean, you can't expect something like Bojack to put a pretty bow on everything at the end.  It's not that kind of show. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #527 on: February 08, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
Just started Netflix's Locke & Key.  Interesting. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #528 on: February 08, 2020, 10:30:03 PM »
I’m watching season 2 of Project Blue Book on History channel. A fictional X-Files-type UFO investigation show based on actual cases.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #529 on: February 09, 2020, 04:22:21 AM »
I actually quite liked the ending.   In some ways, it may have been a bit anti-climactic, but I thought it was very poignant.   I mean, you can't expect something like Bojack to put a pretty bow on everything at the end.  It's not that kind of show.
That was the reason I was disappointed, I thought there wasn’t a real conclusion and BoHo got away with his shot pretty easily.. I feel like we didn’t get a good conclusion to the Polly arc which is the thing I was most excited to see come back in the last episode
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #530 on: February 10, 2020, 02:29:09 AM »
I'm currently on:

- The End of the F***ing World, season 2. Didn't really love the first but it has short episodes and I had time to kill in my evenings (thanks to watching other short stuff), so I went for it. While I'm not the biggest fan I can't help but enjoy the absurd and wacky dark humor of this story of two deranged teenagers.

- La Casa de Papel, "the house of paper". Spanish drama about a bunch of robbers assaulting the national mint where money is printed. Started yesterday, so far (two episodes in), so good.

- After months of reveling in the perfect finale for a perfect season, I finally started Season 2 of The Good Place. It started out strong as the first season. The first season ended with a cliffhanger that could make you think "yeah, I guess this plot point will be the basis of the second season" and they completely resolved that plot point already in the first episode. I love the confidence in the writing, can't wait to see how it all plays out!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #531 on: February 10, 2020, 03:59:56 AM »
- La Casa de Papel, "the house of paper". Spanish drama about a bunch of robbers assaulting the national mint where money is printed. Started yesterday, so far (two episodes in), so good.

This is a great series imo, but be warned, season 2 ends with a nasty cliffhanger.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #532 on: February 10, 2020, 04:07:10 AM »
Well, I'm still quite a way from that  :D from the little I knew about the show, seeing it discussed online and among coworkers, I had the impression that the heist would have been the culmination of the season and that the episodes would have shown them discussing the plan, maybe getting to know the characters one by one better, etc.... I was surprised to see them assaulting the mint halfway through the first episode. I assume flashbacks will be the norm however....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #533 on: February 12, 2020, 06:19:38 AM »
I watched the first four episodes of Avenue 5 last night.   

I'm 100% on board.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:33:44 AM by Chino »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #534 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22:39 AM »
I watched the first for episodes of Avenue 5 last night.   

I'm 100% on board.

The first episode really didn't grab me. Luckily 2 and 3 did. Will watch 4 tonight if it's out. I keep forgetting to check on it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #535 on: February 12, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »
I watched the first four episodes of Avenue 5 last night.   

I'm 100% on board.

I've been eyeing this one. May have to pull the trigger.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #536 on: February 12, 2020, 09:43:16 AM »
I watched the first for episodes of Avenue 5 last night.   

I'm 100% on board.

The first episode really didn't grab me. Luckily 2 and 3 did. Will watch 4 tonight if it's out. I keep forgetting to check on it.

Yeah, the opener was really weak. I'm glad I stuck it out.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #537 on: February 12, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
Network:

MacGyver
Lincoln Rhyme
Law & Order SVU
The Sinner (Season 3)

Netflix:
Locke & Key

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #538 on: February 12, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »
I've also been watching a show called Episodes. I'm almost done with the third season. I really like that one too. It's a nice hybrid between American and British sitcoms.

Offline Adami

« Reply #539 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:10 AM »
I've also been watching a show called Episodes. I'm almost done with the third season. I really like that one too. It's a nice hybrid between American and British sitcoms.

That show is so great. I’ve seen it two or three times now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2020, 09:19:31 PM »
On Valentine's Day I am thinking of checking out the High Fidelity adaptation with Zoe Kravitz on HULU.

Jack Black or John Cusack cameos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Tw8E2HobuHA&feature=emb_title

:tup :tup

While there were no John Cusack and Jack Black cameos, this show worked quite well. It's kind of an updated version of the original movie without straying too far from the book/characters.

I would recommend it to fans of the movie or music, vinyl, and record store people especially. Although Zoe has a guy she sees who likes Phish and she does not, with kind of the tongue-in-cheek line

Clyde: Is there any music you don't like?
Rob: Phish!
Clyde: Don't do that.
Rob: I mean it.
Clyde: You know how much that hurts.
Rob: Seventeen minute guitar solos are not a thing.
Clyde: It's not even music, it's more of a state of being.
Hey, you know I'm white, right? You know that
Rob: Okay.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:06 AM »
Just finished watching "Kipo" on netflix. It's a nice animated series with some corny moments and other cool ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJZ7AjaSmI
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #542 on: February 27, 2020, 06:23:17 AM »
Watched the miniseries Dracula on Netflix (three episodes, two are awesome, the last one is a bit baffling).

Tonight I'm finishing the second season of The Good Place which stands out as one of the funniest and most clever comedies of the current era, I can't stress enough how much this show is great and a writing well worth of the most praised dramatic series (not that the show has dramatic elements, but the writing is tight just as with the acclaimed dramas).

And I started watching Peaky Blinders (first two episodes). The world building is absolutely gorgeous. It's a more than promising start.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #543 on: February 27, 2020, 11:16:33 AM »
Currently watching -

With the wife:

Chicago Fire
Chicago PD
This is Us
A Million Little Things
Deputy
The Unicorn
Survivor
Criminal Minds (until it ended a week or two ago)

Solo:

The Magicians
Star Trek: Picard
Whatever random streaming show I happen to be on at a time.  Currently between shows.
Just finished a curated rewatch marathon of ST:TNG, ST:DS9, and ST:Voyager.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #544 on: February 27, 2020, 11:19:15 AM »
In my humble opinion, This Is Us is the best show on regular television right now.   It's basically 50-50 as to whether I'm going to cry in any given episode. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #545 on: February 27, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »
In my humble opinion, This Is Us is the best show on regular television right now.   It's basically 50-50 as to whether I'm going to cry in any given episode.
Same.  It's fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #546 on: February 28, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
Started Love, Death and Robots on Netflix just because it was short. Hooked up immediately however. Fun, very short sci-fi scenarios, mini stories here and there sometimes funny, sometimes scary. Absolutely perfect for those "I have 20 minutes and I don't know what to do and all the episodes of other stuff are 1 hour long" situations.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »
Started Love, Death and Robots on Netflix just because it was short. Hooked up immediately however. Fun, very short sci-fi scenarios, mini stories here and there sometimes funny, sometimes scary. Absolutely perfect for those "I have 20 minutes and I don't know what to do and all the episodes of other stuff are 1 hour long" situations.

Excellent series. I found myself REALLY enjoying it....I wish there was a S2 already.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #548 on: February 28, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »

I thought it was really good early on, but it lost my interest and I just kinda stopped watching.

It didn't help that Kevin might be the most annoying character in any show I have ever watched.  Hard to believe given his first name. :P

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #549 on: February 29, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »

Tonight I'm finishing the second season of The Good Place which stands out as one of the funniest and most clever comedies of the current era, I can't stress enough how much this show is great and a writing well worth of the most praised dramatic series (not that the show has dramatic elements, but the writing is tight just as with the acclaimed dramas).

Easily one of my all-time favorite shows. Yes, already. The finale was beyond perfect. You are really in for a treat.

I have had a rough few weeks/months so I have slacked on everything I intended to watch. Instead of digging into a lot of new stuff I have been returning to old favorites. I just did a complete re-watch of Babylon 5. No idea why, just decided to. Man, they really botched the release of that show. Zoomed in widescreen from the original 4:3 presentation. Plus, it was a convert of the PAL which only made things worse. The show deserved better as it was originally shot in 16:9 but then they only did the effects in 4:3. What a mess.

Been also spending my entire Monday and Tuesday's watching the DS9 marathon on BBC-A.

Picard and Avenue 5 are the only things I have kept up on. My DVR is loaded with over a months worth of backlog of several shows. The only new thing I watched was the first season of Agent Carter. I developed a massive crush on Hayley Atwell when I saw the first Captain America movie. She is just stunning. I haven't moved onto the second season yet.

I've dug myself quite the hole with my backlog. I have been focusing on new music lately which is my crutch when I need some lifting up. Been buying a bunch of releases lately and burying myself in that.

Wow, this was kind of a maudlin post. Sorry about that.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #550 on: February 29, 2020, 08:29:46 PM »
Just started watching "I am not ok with this."

3 episodes in. What a fantastic show. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #551 on: March 01, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE

the pilot episode was tonight on AMC. I am on board, although I'm not sure how categorize this show. It's kind of a conspiracy theory type show with Scifi elements about living in society and what people were meant to do vs what they could do or where to be.

I almost got a David Lynch or Lost vibe to it.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: March 01, 2020, 09:54:16 PM »
DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE

the pilot episode was tonight on AMC. I am on board, although I'm not sure how categorize this show. It's kind of a conspiracy theory type show with Scifi elements about living in society and what people were meant to do vs what they could do or where to be.

I almost got a David Lynch or Lost vibe to it.

I’m planning on watching this one. Looks good

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2020, 08:33:33 AM »
I'm thinking about checking out Lost. I never got around to seeing it when it aired.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:03 AM »
I'm thinking about checking out Lost. I never got around to seeing it when it aired.

Really cool show. It's been a few years since I've watched it last but it holds up.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2020, 09:20:46 AM »

Me too.

Offline Adami

« Reply #556 on: March 02, 2020, 09:22:22 AM »

#Metoo.

That's a dangerous show to watch for the first time. I watched it with my (at the time) fiance in like 2009 and we lost SO much sleep feeling compelled to just keep watching episode after episode.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: March 02, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
I Am Not Okay With This.

3 episodes in and I really dig it. Adami, I think this is right up your alley.

Offline Adami

« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:38 AM »
I Am Not Okay With This.

3 episodes in and I really dig it. Adami, I think this is right up your alley.

Oh, I'm tempted. Right now, and for the next X amount of weeks, I am deep into studying for my licensure exam (kill me) and can't start any new shows until I pass. So for now? Lots of Shark Tank since I can break it up between study sessions.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
The show is a half hour show. If you ever have the time check it out.