Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 215612 times)

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #490 on: January 04, 2020, 09:38:57 PM »
I'll definitely rewatch it at some point, probably in a year or two at least tho.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »
On Valentine's Day I am thinking of checking out the High Fidelity adaptation with Zoe Kravitz on HULU.

Jack Black or John Cusack cameos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Tw8E2HobuHA&feature=emb_title

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2020, 02:22:12 AM »
Finished Fleabag, a series as short as amazing.

Two seasons, 6 short episodes, but boy it delivers! it follows the title character, a funny crazy neurotic oversexed woman in London who breaks frequently the fourth wall in a rapid fire delivery of lines between her, us, and the other characters she interacts with.

Very funny and unusual and since it's so short, just go and watch it!  :D

Oh, and I also finished my rewatch of Season 3 of Mr. Robot and then I will fully plunge into season 4  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online faizoff

« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2020, 09:03:26 PM »
I snagged a used bluray boxset of Lost from ebay for a cool $50 which was in pristine condition, never played according to the seller. I'm now rewatching the show for the very first time since it aired. It's a testament to the strength of the pilot, I so vividly remember a ton of the lines and scenes just like I saw them yesterday. It also helped that it was the very first show I started watched since I moved to the US. I didn't catch season 1 live but did so for season 2.

The music on this show has been amazing from the start and the sound design is amazing and the characters are so memorable.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2020, 01:01:56 AM »
I'm on a roll; started both the last season of Mr. Robot and The Witcher!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2020, 07:11:26 AM »
I snagged a used bluray boxset of Lost from ebay for a cool $50 which was in pristine condition, never played according to the seller. I'm now rewatching the show for the very first time since it aired. It's a testament to the strength of the pilot, I so vividly remember a ton of the lines and scenes just like I saw them yesterday. It also helped that it was the very first show I started watched since I moved to the US. I didn't catch season 1 live but did so for season 2.

The music on this show has been amazing from the start and the sound design is amazing and the characters are so memorable.

Great show, I rewatched last year and it was a fun trip

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2020, 07:34:07 AM »
I started to rewatch Firefly last night. It's just as awesome as I remember it being when I saw it for the first time a couple of years ago.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2020, 08:12:19 AM »

Two seasons, 6 short episodes, but boy it delivers! it follows the title character, a funny crazy neurotic oversexed woman in London who breaks frequently the fourth wall in a rapid fire delivery of lines between her, us, and the other characters she interacts with.

Oh, and I also finished my rewatch of Season 3 of Mr. Robot and then I will fully plunge into season 4  :metal

Is that really that good?

I'm getting tired of the zingy, quippy, hipster sort of shows.   Maybe it's me, but I just don't know people that talk that way.    We watched the pilot of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" last night, and while I'll probably watch it - Peter Gallagher is excellent, and he just sits there in a daze for about 98% of his screen time, yet makes me cry at the end - it was exhausting, all the banter and wit and verbal parrying.    My god, I couldn't imagine being that hip, and if people ARE like that, it explains everything in terms of our record levels of anxiety, anti-depressant use and illegal drug use.  :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »
Love, Death and Robots.

Someone had mentioned this anthology series some time ago and I just watched a few of these episodes last night. Very cool stuff. If your into Sci Fi and animation and a show with an almost ‘Twilight Some’ type of feel.....this is it. Some episodes are like 10 minutes long....others maybe 17-18 minutes. It’s pretty neat.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #499 on: January 15, 2020, 10:36:54 PM »
I was pimping out Fleabag some time ago. Phoebe is freakin' amazing! I think I had also mentioned that once I found out that she was running Killing Eve I watched that without question and was not disappointed. That show is insanely good too.

I've been on a bit of a TV break but really need to pick things up. I have one episode left in His Dark Materials.

My to-do list is kinda crazy.

Lost In Space - Season 2
The Expanse - Season 4
Killing Eve - Season 2
Reprisal - Season 1 (Hulu)
Hunters - Season 1 (Amazon)
The Outsider (HBO)
Avenue 5 (HBO)
The Magicians - Season 5
Picard (Soon)
Westworld (Soon)

Plus, now that I finished the MCU I want to dig into Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD. It's all a bit overwhelming. Not to mention what I am watching on regular TV now like Doctor Who, The Good Place, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (soon) and several others.

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2020, 02:43:15 AM »

I'm getting tired of the zingy, quippy, hipster sort of shows.   Maybe it's me, but I just don't know people that talk that way.    We watched the pilot of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" last night, and while I'll probably watch it - Peter Gallagher is excellent, and he just sits there in a daze for about 98% of his screen time, yet makes me cry at the end - it was exhausting, all the banter and wit and verbal parrying.    My god, I couldn't imagine being that hip, and if people ARE like that, it explains everything in terms of our record levels of anxiety, anti-depressant use and illegal drug use.  :)

To me it IS that good and funny. But then again, tastes and preferences. If a certain kind of character is not your thing, you probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:52 AM »

To me it IS that good and funny. But then again, tastes and preferences. If a certain kind of character is not your thing, you probably wouldn't like it anyway.

It's not really "A" character, it's ALL the characters.  Like I said, being that hip and self-aware - or even being around that level of hipness and self-awareness - would be exhausting for me, and I don't usually lack for words.  :)   

Offline Harmony

« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »
So Stephen King's 'The Outsider' is freaking amazing so far.  The hair on my neck has stood up several times while watching it so far.

Hey, it's a barometer.   :laugh:
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
So Stephen King's 'The Outsider' is freaking amazing so far.  The hair on my neck has stood up several times while watching it so far.

Gotta get on this. You’re like the tenth person I know who has mentioned this show is good.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: January 20, 2020, 09:42:05 AM »

Gotta get on this. You’re like the tenth person I know who has mentioned this show is good.

Caught up on this. Wow. Very cool and intriguing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2020, 11:38:13 AM »
Started watching You on Netflix from a friends recommendation. Very well made, decent humor, and really fucking creepy. Basically the main character has a fatal obsession with this girl, and goes to uber creepy levels to get her. Fun stuff.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2020, 02:31:53 AM »
Tonight I start Mr. Robot.   Aside from the fact it's stars Rami and Christian, is about hacking and is supposed to be awesome - I know nothing about this.  Hoping for a fun ride!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #507 on: January 21, 2020, 02:36:11 AM »
Tonight I start Mr. Robot.   Aside from the fact it's stars Rami and Christian, is about hacking and is supposed to be awesome - I know nothing about this.  Hoping for a fun ride!

You're in for a FANTASTIC ride. I'm finishing the show this week. Feel free to post your comments in the dedicated thread!  :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #508 on: January 21, 2020, 07:42:52 AM »

You're in for a FANTASTIC ride. I'm finishing the show this week. Feel free to post your comments in the dedicated thread!  :tup

Yeah....you're not going to regret this choice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2020, 04:11:51 PM »
Started ‘Future Man’ on HULU. I’m (6) episodes in.....pretty fun show.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #510 on: January 25, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
Sex Education season 3.  Watched the first episode last night.  I missed those kids!   :D

Everyone wearing surgical masks at school because of a chlamydia mass hysteria outbreak was hilarious.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online faizoff

« Reply #511 on: January 26, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »
I've kinda decided I'm not going to watch any more new shows for some time. In my re-watch of Lost I think I'd like to just revisit all of the shows I've already watched. I already rewatch all the 20 min comedy shows but other than the big banner ones like Breaking Bad and GoT don't get to watch other shows so much. I'm having so much fun seeing Lost again so I'd like to do that for other shows as well.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #512 on: January 26, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
I've kinda decided I'm not going to watch any more new shows for some time. In my re-watch of Lost I think I'd like to just revisit all of the shows I've already watched. I already rewatch all the 20 min comedy shows but other than the big banner ones like Breaking Bad and GoT don't get to watch other shows so much. I'm having so much fun seeing Lost again so I'd like to do that for other shows as well.
I'm also thinking about getting into Lost again. Does it still hold up?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online faizoff

« Reply #513 on: January 26, 2020, 07:07:51 PM »
Truth be told, it holds up even better than I remembered. I know the show was primarily known for its mysteries and all the cliffhangers, but on this re-watch all I've been absorbed by is how amazing the character development on the show was. I'm completely drawn into all the arcs each character goes through and sure there are a few misses here and there (I didn't particularly care about Shannon and Boone, I think the actors weren't that great) but by and large the entire cast was amazing and I'm loving their progress.

I still have season 6 left to see but so far it's a compelling show of characters. I can see the foundations of Leftovers forming across the show, all in all it's an amazing re-watch and can't believe I waiting this long to see it again. This May will be 10 years since the completion of the season finale.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:20:03 PM by faizoff »

Offline Volante99

« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
The Outsider

So far a nice slow burn but it’s been really difficult waiting a week for the next episode and try to remember everything that’s been going on (a fairly involved, complex detective story).

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #515 on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:23 AM »
I'm finishing the final season of Orange is the New Black and I started You. Story of a "charming" stalker that obsesses over a girl and uses technology and deduction to figure out her life and how to eventually sneak into it. First episode looks good, I'll see how it will go on.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #516 on: January 27, 2020, 06:09:13 AM »
I watched the first season of an Amazon show called "Fleabag" yesterday. I liked it a lot. It's a dark British humor show that is a bit raunchy.

Online faizoff

« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2020, 06:22:24 AM »
Fleabag is awesome. I finished all episodes in one sitting.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2020, 06:34:46 AM »
I watched the first season of an Amazon show called "Fleabag" yesterday. I liked it a lot. It's a dark British humor show that is a bit raunchy.

Fleabag is awesome. I finished all episodes in one sitting.

Fleabag  :metal :metal :metal

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #519 on: January 29, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
Ricky Gervais' "After Life". It's great.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2020, 10:05:45 PM »
Just finished Bojack Horseman. Damn, I'll miss this show :'(

Offline jammindude

« Reply #521 on: February 01, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
Just finished Bojack Horseman. Damn, I'll miss this show :'(

I watched two new episodes last night.  I still cannot believe that one of the most thought provoking shows I've ever seen about mental health and addiction, is also a show about an anthropomorphic horse.   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »
Started ‘Future Man’ on HULU. I’m (6) episodes in.....pretty fun show.

Watched both Seasons of ‘Future Man’. It’s a good enough show. Nothing groundbreaking but it’s pretty fun, and I’m always down for a time travel show just to see how they handle it. I see that HULU is giving it one more (8) episode season and then it’s cancelled after that. Makes sense. There’s only so much they can do with that story.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2020, 07:41:11 PM »
This one's a random blast from the past: Spawn animated HBO series from 1997

Its 3 seasons and its super dark and brutal. Pretty decent.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #524 on: February 05, 2020, 01:22:48 AM »
Since it's just 6 episodes, I started Luna Nera on Netflix. I write it in italian because it's an italian show, title means Black Moon. Witches and stuff in center Italy, 1600-ish.

And I finally concluded after so many years Orange is the New Black. The series had its highs and lows, but it always managed to make you come back to follow the various  characters, and the finale was absolutely amazing and heartfelt. Totally nailed the bittersweet ending for a large ensemble of characters that Game of Thrones WISHES would have managed to do.