Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 218477 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
He was in Breaking Bad, I think if used correctly he's a great addition.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Harmony

« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2019, 09:07:06 AM »
So I'm finally watching Mad Men.  I never really thought I'd enjoy it which is why I'm late to the party.  But I am.  I had no idea Jared Harris was in it!  Or Alison Brie (of GLOW) so bonus!!

I think my mom dying last year has something to do with it.  The series begins a year or so before Kennedy's assassination which was 2 years before I was born.  I'm watching it and understanding that the references, the décor, politics, clothing, catch phrases, music, commercials, the 'roles' of men and women in 'polite' society were all the exact same things she experienced and grew up with.  I have no doubt of the accuracy because the show was considered so well done.  Fuck they all smoked like chimneys and drank like fish!   :o  It's a wonder anyone survived to be 40.

There is this one scene that literally made my jaw drop.  A family goes to a lakeside for a picnic.  And when they are finished the mom just shakes out the blanket leaving the paper plates, napkins, empty bottles, etc. all over the grass and they drive off.  Because of course, there were no public trash cans and littering was commonly done.  Same as seeing a new mom arriving home with her baby in her lap in the car.  So many little things like that which make the show interesting from a 'snapshot in time' perspective.

But the acting is top notch.  I'm very impressed with Jon Hamm.  I never really got the whole allure of him as a sexy guy.  I'm still not all that attracted to him because his character is really sick/messed up.  But he's a great actor.  I also have new respect for Christina Hendricks' acting.  She's not just another pretty face with a hot bod.  Go figure!   :laugh:
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2019, 09:18:43 AM »
So I'm finally watching Mad Men. 

I've contemplated digging in to this series. I missed the boat when it was on and have never watched it. I've heard great things about it....just haven't pulled the trigger on it. I may ask you in a few weeks what your opinion is to gauge whether or not it's worth the time investment.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »

I've contemplated digging in to this series. I missed the boat when it was on and have never watched it. I've heard great things about it....just haven't pulled the trigger on it. I may ask you in a few weeks what your opinion is to gauge whether or not it's worth the time investment.

I just finished the series for a second time last night. 

One scene features a secretary riding a lawn boy mower in the office and something terrible happens.  One of the account guys goes to sleep in meeting and wets himself because he is so drunk.

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »

No problem.  But I will already tell you that speaking from mid season 4, it's definitely worth the time and investment.  It really just keeps getting better, IMO.

Interesting aside, I spoke to my aunt who is 80 and as a 20-something worked for a commercial photographer.  I told her I was watching Mad Men and she said it was one of her favorite t.v. shows of all time and, "The business was exactly the way the show portrays it."  I have new found respect for my mother's experiences TBH.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »
Started watching The Order. It's a mystery / fantasy / college mashup, a guy goes to university hoping to infiltrate a congregation in order to investigate the death of his mother. The secret society aspect is cool, but there's no buildup to the fantasy side of it - you're watching it and there's this guy planning to get into university and let's see what happens and booom, there's immediately magic and mystical creatures and all that stuff, deal with it.

Still, as wacky as the premise is, it's good and entertaining. It stays just this little this side of cheesy without going overboard. I assume Buffy fans will like this one.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2019, 05:15:07 AM »
Mr. Mercedes season 3.

Castle Rock season 2 (really good)

Watchmen
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2019, 08:46:13 AM »
Schitt's Creek, on season 5 now. Travis and David storyline is good.

Rick and Morty, season 4 premier was good. The best part is the after credits scene.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2019, 08:50:32 AM »

Rick and Morty, season 4 premier was good. The best part is the after credits scene.

Schitt's is one of those gems that somehow manages to improve with every new season.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »

Schitt's is one of those gems that somehow manages to improve with every new season.

I just finished the episode where Ted lets loose at Travis and Davids house warming party. Haha, I like it that Daniel Levy is showing the realness of a Gay relationship.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #430 on: November 12, 2019, 12:33:04 AM »
Just started The Mandalorian  :biggrin:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #431 on: November 12, 2019, 09:32:19 AM »
There is this one scene that literally made my jaw drop.  A family goes to a lakeside for a picnic.  And when they are finished the mom just shakes out the blanket leaving the paper plates, napkins, empty bottles, etc. all over the grass and they drive off.  Because of course, there were no public trash cans and littering was commonly done.  Same as seeing a new mom arriving home with her baby in her lap in the car.  So many little things like that which make the show interesting from a 'snapshot in time' perspective.

The scene for me was the house party, early on, and the mom above and her best friend are both pregnant and walking around without a care in the world with their scotch and cigarettes in hand.

Also, one scene later on - memory is sketchy, but it might have been when Megan was in LA - the lamp in the kitchen was the exact same lamp we had in our dining room as a kid.   It looked as ugly in the show as it did in real life.  ;)

Offline Harmony

« Reply #432 on: November 12, 2019, 06:32:26 PM »
The scene for me was the house party, early on, and the mom above and her best friend are both pregnant and walking around without a care in the world with their scotch and cigarettes in hand.

What's wrong with that??  Scotch and cigarettes were the only way I survived being pregnant.

Haha j/k

Also, one scene later on - memory is sketchy, but it might have been when Megan was in LA - the lamp in the kitchen was the exact same lamp we had in our dining room as a kid.   It looked as ugly in the show as it did in real life.  ;)

It's so funny that you said that.  Watched an episode last night and saw that exact same lamp.  We had that lamp too.  :laugh:

Interestingly, the furniture from the 60s that my mom still had in her house fetched some decent green at a local consignment shop.  I was absolutely shocked at the amount of money millennials will fork over for imperfect kitschy crap.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: November 13, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »
Did you watch the "Brady Bunch" renovation show?

One of the more interesting parts was the sourcing of the furniture/furnishings. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #434 on: November 14, 2019, 04:13:13 PM »
Castle Rock season 2 (really good)
Started S02 recently and it's great, a bit darker than the previous season I think.

Especially episode 5 :omg:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Harmony

« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
Did you watch the "Brady Bunch" renovation show?

One of the more interesting parts was the sourcing of the furniture/furnishings.

LoL, when I first read this I thought to myself, "There's a Mad Men episode about the Brady Bunch?"   :laugh:

No, I didn't see that.  It sounds interesting - I might try to find it on line.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2019, 10:34:06 AM »
Must say, Jeopardy's TOC was thrilling to watch.  James Holzhauer is amazing and a damn good sport.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »
Just watched first 2 Episodes of S4 of ‘The Man in the High Castle’. Doesn’t look like they’ve skipped a beat.  Probably try to knock this one out over the next couple days.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2019, 09:10:21 AM »
Just watched first 2 Episodes of S4 of ‘The Man in the High Castle’. Doesn’t look like they’ve skipped a beat.  Probably try to knock this one out over the next couple days.

This is my next show after finishing Goliath’s latest season.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2019, 07:33:12 AM »
Started watching The Boys yesterday and ended up doing 6/8 of the episodes.

Wow this show is great! Karl Urban is a god damn treasure.

I'm really digging this. Was not at all familiar with the graphic novel, so no idea how it measures up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »
Started watching The Boys yesterday and ended up doing 6/8 of the episodes.

Wow this show is great! Karl Urban is a god damn treasure.

I'm really digging this. Was not at all familiar with the graphic novel, so no idea how it measures up.

Same, never even heard of it til a friend suggested I watch the show, but I fell in love immediately and binged most of it in one sitting as well. I can't wait for season 2!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #441 on: November 18, 2019, 08:13:08 AM »
Started a rewatch of Mr. Robot as a build up to the final season!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #442 on: November 18, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »
Started a rewatch of Mr. Robot as a build up to the final season!  :metal

As has been discussed in the thread dedicated to it......this show is just incredible. Episode after Episode is remarkable. Last nights episode left me in utter shock at how good it was. In every series I've ever watched there has always been episodes here and there that are just 'filler' or are just 'lame'. It's just part of television. There has not been one single episode in Mr. Robot that has ever felt anything other than incredible.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: November 19, 2019, 12:55:20 AM »

Finished. I won’t go into detail as to give other more time.....all I can say is I really like(d) this series, am sad it is over.....and for as satisfying as the ending was it was also equally peculiar

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #444 on: November 19, 2019, 05:47:10 AM »
Jebus, where do you guys find the time to watch so much?  There are SOOOO many I want to get to, but there's just no time.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: November 19, 2019, 06:51:45 AM »
Jebus, where do you guys find the time to watch so much?  There are SOOOO many I want to get to, but there's just no time.

I sacrifice a great deal of sleep. I’ll typically start watching ‘my shows’ around 9:30-10:00 at night when all responsibilities are taken care of and will do 2 or 3 episodes.

Unlike last night where I had (5) episodes left and ended up just hammering them all out.

Pretty tired today.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »
Haven't heard about this until now, could be a fun show. Hugh Laurie is always great.

Avenue 5 (2019): Official Teaser | HBO
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2019, 09:46:02 AM »

I sacrifice a great deal of sleep. I’ll typically start watching ‘my shows’ around 9:30-10:00 at night when all responsibilities are taken care of and will do 2 or 3 episodes.

Unlike last night where I had (5) episodes left and ended up just hammering them all out.

Pretty tired today.

This is exactly me.  Stepson in bed between 9:00 and 10:00, depending on the night, then I'll watch things.  Some nights I'll look up and it's 2:00 am and I'm like "I'm f*****d tomorrow."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2019, 10:42:05 AM »

Pretty tired today.

This is exactly me.  Stepson in bed between 9:00 and 10:00, depending on the night, then I'll watch things.  Some nights I'll look up and it's 2:00 am and I'm like "I'm f*****d tomorrow."

...and that's when my 'rationalization' steps in and says....."You're already F****D tomorrow....might as well knock out another couple episodes"  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
HAHAHA, done that too!   :)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2019, 09:33:58 PM »
Currently watching
all the Arrowverse shows
The Blacklist
The Mandalorian
The Rookie
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #451 on: November 21, 2019, 05:02:37 AM »
Rewatching 'Chuck'.   10 years old now, scarily.   Still a hugely entertaining, fun filled ride.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2019, 05:31:10 AM »
I've gotten quite hooked on Avatar: The Last Airbender. Decided to order the BluRay box set with all three seasons plus bonus stuff.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #453 on: November 21, 2019, 07:58:24 AM »
Rewatching 'Chuck'.   10 years old now, scarily.   Still a hugely entertaining, fun filled ride.

My kid and I loved that show.   Great cast; Matt Bomer, Zach Levi, Yvonne Strahovski.

One of the very few shows where the manufactured, forced love story actually worked.  I liked them together.   I also first heard Band Of Horses ("No One's Gonna Love You") on that show.   

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #454 on: November 21, 2019, 08:09:28 AM »
Haven't heard about this until now, could be a fun show. Hugh Laurie is always great.

Avenue 5 (2019): Official Teaser | HBO

The fact that it is from Armando Iannucci, the guy that brought us The Thick of It and Veep, was all I needed. Throw in Hugh, who was also awesome in Veep, and this seems like a can't lose.

Totally on board for this.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history