Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 216158 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »
Anyone else seen or watched a show on FX called 'Mr. Inbetween' ?  It's really good. Premise is the main character is a security/hit man for a low level crime boss....and also has a little daughter and a girlfriend. He keeps up a "normal" life all the while being involved in some real serious and dangerous goings on with his 'job'. It's pretty funny, has a neat vibe to it.....it's set in England.....it's a pretty neat little show. Half hour episodes. It's in it's second season right now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2019, 02:29:13 AM »
Just finished the season of Raising Dion on Netflix, 9 episodes in total. Really good show with a nice mix of drama, action, and homeyness. It's about a widow and her 7 year old son, and what ensues when he starts displaying superpowers. Definitely worth a watch, and best of all, it resolves the main storyline in one season while leaving enough of a door open for another.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #387 on: October 16, 2019, 07:33:39 AM »
Just finished all 3 seasons of The Man In The High Castle. Wow, what an amazing and dense show. My only disappointment is that I thought all 4 seasons were already out. I discovered I have to wait a month now for the final season. Needless to say, I am so looking forward to that.

Now I need to find my next binge show.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #388 on: October 16, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »
Just finished all 3 seasons of The Man In The High Castle. Wow, what an amazing and dense show. My only disappointment is that I thought all 4 seasons were already out. I discovered I have to wait a month now for the final season. Needless to say, I am so looking forward to that.

What can you tell about the big moments of season 1 and season 2? I particulary loved:

- The double punch of basically rooting for Hitler, before realizing "wait, what", toppled by the final mindfuck of Tagomi travelling to our reality (season 1)
- As if that wasn't enough, forcing the viewer to root for Himmler, as Smith was trying to prevent World War III (season 2)
- Earlier in season 2, the reveal that the mild mannered acting chancellor, the little fish thrown in a tank of sharks, was actually the most ferocious shark of them all
- The absolutely beautiful, wonderful and tear inducing scene of the Man himself explaining to Julia how her "selfless act of love and hope" saved San Francisco and basically all of mankind. I might now like The Man in the High Castle above all other series, but I seriously think this specifically is one of the best scenes IN YEARS in the entirety of TV shows.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2019, 01:25:41 PM »
I'm a few episodes into Disenchantment (cartoon) and find it pretty funny.

It gets better as it goes.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2019, 11:02:51 AM »

What can you tell about the big moments of season 1 and season 2?

I couldn't even begin to focus on moments. Like I said, this show is so dense and so well done. For a period piece, the sets and visuals are just stunning. The way they make it look so authentic is just breathtaking.

I can say that Tagomi is, hands down, my favorite character. He's so likeable and so honorable.

I can also say that I really want Smith to flip. I want to like him and I think that he is, deep down, a good man. But every time I think it's about to happen he goes all Nazi.

Nov 15th can't get here soon enough.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:28:38 AM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »
There are literally too many shows at this point.   I was getting ready to watch The Deuce the other night, and in the ads before, there were THREE shows that were having "Season Finales" that I had never even heard of.  I get it, I guess, but this is what I perceive as the main problem with music as well.    There used to be one or two records a quarter I would be interested in, and I could save my money and be on top of it; now there are 20 or so EVERY TUESDAY, and that's just not do-able.

TV is the same way; there's literally not enough time in the day/week to watch it all. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2019, 10:16:51 AM »
My wife and I finally stumbled onto A Series of Unfortunate Events. Just started Season 3 and I love it. Doogie is killing it. Sara Rue has always been a “celebrity crush” and the feel of the show is perfection. It’s like 80s Terry Gilliam and 90s Tim Burton had a baby. I love it!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »
My wife and I finally stumbled onto A Series of Unfortunate Events. Just started Season 3 and I love it. Doogie is killing it. Sara Rue has always been a “celebrity crush” and the feel of the show is perfection. It’s like 80s Terry Gilliam and 90s Tim Burton had a baby. I love it!

Indeed, they finally made justice to the whole series! Neil Patrick Harris is amazing in this, and the kids are quite fitting as well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2019, 04:47:16 PM »
Just started “Living with Yourself”. It’s good so far, it’s a short season so let’s see how it ends.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #395 on: October 20, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
Watched the first two episodes of Batwoman...not too shabby, actually a lot better than I thought it'd be. Still some rough edged to iron out, but there's some potential for sure. Only big gripe is that they did a big reveal that could've been dragged out for way longer for dramatic effect, was very surprised that they dropped it in the second episode. Will keep watching for sure.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2019, 11:30:08 PM »
Watching Daybreak, one of the shows my kid did the PR work for on Netflix that she recommended to me. Three episodes in, and it's really delightfully weird and off the wall. Post apocalypse, adults over 18 either died or are ghouls, and the kids are trying to figure shit out while still in their high school cliques. Shit is funny af man.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »
I just finished watching the new season of Bojack Horseman. Damn this series is amazing, can't wait for the final episodes.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2019, 12:46:57 AM »
Just ran through four episodes of Daybreak. This show is brilliantly fucked up. I've had two straight up spit take moments, one that required me to change my shirt cause it caught me so off guard. I really can't explain much else, just dig two or three episodes in, that's when it goes full dark and fucked up af.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #399 on: October 28, 2019, 08:17:34 AM »
I wrapped up The Righteous Gemstones over the weekend. I ended up enjoying that show much more than I thought I would. I'm crossing my fingers for a second season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: October 28, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
I wrapped up The Righteous Gemstones over the weekend. I ended up enjoying that show much more than I thought I would. I'm crossing my fingers for a second season.

S2 Already confirmed by HBO

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #401 on: October 28, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »
NOICE!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
Funny, my coworker recommended Gemstones (I had never heard of it) and was immediately onto it once he told me it was a new Danny McBride show.  I just have to watch the finale, things kind of went sideways last episode (reminds me of Vice Principals) so I don't know what's really going on anymore but the story is pretty funny and ridiculous.  I'd say its no where as good as Eastbound and Down but I like it more than Vice Principals. 

Glad to see Season 2 is confirmed, I read Danny said he wants this to be his longest running show so I guess he must have plots written or in his head for a few more seasons of content if HBO wants it.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »
Started Dark - actually this evening I'm gonna finish season 1.

Great stuff. The "german Stranger Things" label is only superficial, this one is darker and grittier and heavier. I must admit that with all the timelines and recurring characters I still have to have a complete grasp on who's who but the main plot is easy to follow. I hope it will end as strong as it's going on.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »
I've been watching an older show through Amazon Prime called Black Books. It's a British show about a drunk who owns a books store. It's really funny.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2019, 07:55:40 AM »
I just started Mr Robot last night, I've only watched 1 epsiode yet but I liked it a lot.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #406 on: November 04, 2019, 08:04:20 AM »
I've been watching an older show through Amazon Prime called Black Books. It's a British show about a drunk who owns a books store. It's really funny.

This is a great show. So strange. I really love it.

Oddly, it’s a decent counterpart to Spaced. A good amount of cast overlap at times.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline krands85

« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2019, 08:26:52 AM »
Black Books is brilliant  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:12 AM »
I just started Mr Robot last night, I've only watched 1 epsiode yet but I liked it a lot.

Dude. It's a pretty incredible show. I've literally never been disappointed by a single episode. It's a really well written show/story. I think you're gonna dig it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #409 on: November 04, 2019, 11:34:13 AM »
Indeed, and this last season is killing it :metal

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #410 on: November 04, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »
Indeed, and this last season is killing it :metal

Glad to know, I'll catch up ASAP.

Season 1 of Mr. Robot deserves to be in the pantheon of TV series. One of the best season EVER on TV. Absolute top of the top. Breaking Bad good. The very best of Game of Thrones good. Westworld season 1 good. Amazing and perfect through and through.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
I remember really liking Mr Robot season 1 when I was watching with a girl I was dating, but stopped once I stopped dating her.  I should go back and watch it again. 

I finally finished Righteous Gemstones last night and had some good laughs in that last episode.  Looking forward to season 2.

I totally forgot Silicon Valley started back up.  I have little hopes on it being a great final season as it's gone down hill every season, but it's usually good for a few laughs and it always hits home being a tech show joking on the industry I work in.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2019, 01:19:49 PM »
I just finished watching the new season of Bojack Horseman. Damn this series is amazing, can't wait for the final episodes.

Just finished the first 8 episodes last night. It’s every bit as brilliant as it has been. It’s so cool to see them going out on a high note. Brilliant show.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
I remember really liking Mr Robot season 1 when I was watching with a girl I was dating, but stopped once I stopped dating her.  I should go back and watch it again. 

I finally finished Righteous Gemstones last night and had some good laughs in that last episode.  Looking forward to season 2.

I totally forgot Silicon Valley started back up.  I have little hopes on it being a great final season as it's gone down hill every season, but it's usually good for a few laughs and it always hits home being a tech show joking on the industry I work in.

I think if the rest of the final season is like the new episode that aired last week (I haven't watched last night's yet), then I think we'll be in for plenty of laughs.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »
Just started The Exorcist, the TV series. Looks very promising! I watched yesterday the original film to get in the mood and I can see some of the atmosphere from that classic one being kept.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
I started watching Last Man On Earth which was awesome because January Jones is a fox but Will Forte's character became SO unlikable that by episode 8 of season 1 I had to tap out. I don't mind unlikable characters if there's a good reason or purpose for it, but he's just a douche to be a douche and he's not even charming or funny. Shame because I was enjoying it a lot at the start.

Might start Living With Yourself tonight, with Paul Rudd. I heard that's good.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
So tonight is the season premier of "The Curse Of Oak Island".    Can't lie: fascinated by this show.   It's ridiculous on several different levels, but at it's core is fascinating.   The brothers are fascinating; one - Marty - is a multimillionaire entrepreneur, with multiple engineering degrees, a successful energy business, and a successful winery - and one - Rick - is a former postal worker who is... uh, that's pretty much it.   It's cheesy on a lot of levels - they call the team the "Fellowship of the Dig" - and Rick is prone to these very cliched proclamations - my favorite is "one in, all in, once in, forever in" - and insistance that it's all about "truth" and the "story" of what happened at Oak Island.   But the holes in the logical stream of thought are massive.  For example, the first "searcher" activity they note is in the 1790's.  The goal has always been to find "pre-searcher" activity, that is, activity that can be attributed to those that PUT the treasure there to begin with.  So while digging, they found some wood in a dig zone, and had it dated.  It came back at approx. 1750, and IMMEDIATELY they were all classiofying this as "pre-searcher activity", thus reinforcing that there is treasure there.  One problem.  The absolute AGE doesn't have anything to do with WHEN it was used.  I have a 1990 Jeep in my garage, but it was PUT there in 2018.   

Another bit of cheese:  they have a room they call the "war room"; it's basically a conference room they can talk with experts and those crew members who are off-island (the brothers are "yoopers", Michigan residents from the Upper Peninsula).  It's almost like clockwork:  someone will be saying something, and they'll pan across the other people, and they will invariably be nodding their heads saying "yup" and "absolutely".  It's a running joke with my wife that when they do that, I sit there and nod my head and say "yup.  Absolutely" over and over again (it's funny if you see what I mean). 

In any event, it's fascinating to watch these boobs spend their money for my entertainment value.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2019, 12:10:30 PM »
Just read this and posted in the Star Wars thread also.....

Episode Release Schedule for 'The Mandalorian'

#101 – November 12

#102 – November 15

#103 – November 22

#104 – November 29

#105 – December 6

#106 – December 13

#107 – December 18

#108 – December 27

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
Been a bit slow lately with my TV, but it's picking up now.

The Good Place
Watchmen
Daybreak (about to finish up)
Silicon Valley
His Dark Materials (will be starting soon)
The Man In The High Castle (Season 4 soon)

Got a few more I want to start but, like I said, been a bit slow for me.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
Just read this and posted in the Star Wars thread also.....

Episode Release Schedule for 'The Mandalorian'

#101 – November 12

#102 – November 15

#103 – November 22

#104 – November 29

#105 – December 6

#106 – December 13

#107 – December 18

#108 – December 27

I cannot believe Bill Burr is going to be in this show