News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

What Shows are you currently watching?

Started by soupytwist, August 08, 2017, 05:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesman42

Just finished S2E4 of Outer Range. The last few episodes have elevated this show a lot and I am way more invested now. The time travel aspect is flourishing (time travel is a favorite genre of mine).

gmillerdrake

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 08, 2024, 07:39:36 AM
Just finished S2E4 of Outer Range. The last few episodes have elevated this show a lot and I am way more invested now. The time travel aspect is flourishing (time travel is a favorite genre of mine).

Yep....it got real cool (and trippy) the last few episodes.

Jamesman42

Quote from: gmillerdrake on June 08, 2024, 07:56:20 AM
Yep....it got real cool (and trippy) the last few episodes.

It sure did. Just finished S2, highly recommend it now. I am baffled with Perry changing the fight scene. I wonder how that will play out.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 09, 2024, 06:54:19 PM
I am baffled with Perry changing the fight scene. I wonder how that will play out.

Yeah.....I was trying to think that one through. Because, theoretically.....it's already played out.....wouldn't it have? And when Perry gets back to the house that night Royal gives him a long up and down look.....he knows something's gone down.

Jamesman42

Definitely some time traveler tom-foolery. Diverging timeline of some sort is what I am thinking atm.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: gmillerdrake on May 31, 2024, 12:58:18 PM
Dark Matter on Apple TV has been really cool. Wish it weren't a week to week episode deal.....I'd have had that show knocked out in two nights if all the episodes were available....it's very interesting.

I have really enjoyed this show. Really well done....very interesting concept and it's built quite a story. There are two episodes left this season which is really cool given the way the last episode ended it was like a set up for a finale episode....so these last two are probably going to get pretty crazy.

faizoff

I'm rewatching The Leftovers, just finished season 1. The show is a lot powerful and sad and uplifting than I remembered. The characters are even better than I remembered.

Also finally been watching Only Murders In the building. Such a fun hilarious show, watching season 3 now, the main cast work so well together and the cameos from various celebrities are great.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: faizoff on June 13, 2024, 09:42:23 AM
I'm rewatching The Leftovers, just finished season 1. The show is a lot powerful and sad and uplifting than I remembered. The characters are even better than I remembered.

I need to give that one a rewatch. Such a great series.....so well done on all fronts.

cramx3

Should finish the limited series Eric on Netflix tonight. Been pretty good so far as we watched the first half of it in one night.

The Realm

Also finally been watching Only Murders In the building. Such a fun hilarious show, watching season 3 now, the main cast work so well together and the cameos from various celebrities are great.

The Leftovers is one of my favourite shows ever. Just brilliant. Only Murders in the Building is good too.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Presumed Innocent, the new AppleTV series based on the book and then the movie (starring Harrison Ford). Really great start to this show, it is very well cast and acted. Enjoying it.

Also watching Dark Matters. Good show.

TheHoveringSojourn808

big ups for the Leftovers. GOAT TV show

Sacul

I liked it up to the beginning of season 3, but I thought it had lots of... dumb narrative choices throughout, and the whole jesus 2 thing on that last season put me off tbh. I expected something a bit deeper I think.

MirrorMask

Both great shows! Murders is very funny.

As for the Leftovers, I'd say...

Season 1 - Good
Season 2 - Amazing
Season 3 - Amazing

A solid show that did not overstay its welcome. Better to be missed than to be dragged on.

BlackInk

The Leftovers was such a unique and special show. It's been a while, but I remember the rawness of the emotional beats hitting like few other things have before or since.

cramx3

I never finished Leftovers.  I think I stopped during season or after season 2 ended.  I remember liking it though, not sure why I didn't finish. It has a full ending right?  I may go back and watch it at some point if so. 

gmillerdrake

Quote from: cramx3 on June 14, 2024, 08:04:31 AM
I never finished Leftovers.  I think I stopped during season or after season 2 ended.  I remember liking it though, not sure why I didn't finish. It has a full ending right?  I may go back and watch it at some point if so.

It does have a full ending that wraps up the story but in a way that allows the viewer to 'believe' what they want to as to how to interpret the ending. If that makes sense.

The Realm

The ending of The Leftovers is great, one of the best ever series endings.

cramx3

TheHoveringSojourn808

Quote from: The Realm on June 14, 2024, 03:15:19 PM
The ending of The Leftovers is great, one of the best ever series endings.

Completely agree. It's beautiful

faizoff

Quote from: gmillerdrake on June 14, 2024, 11:38:55 AM
It does have a full ending that wraps up the story but in a way that allows the viewer to 'believe' what they want to as to how to interpret the ending. If that makes sense.

This is a good description of the final season, there are a lot of elements that dont get 100% answered but are left in such a way that you can sorta mostly decipher what happened. Overall I found it very satisfying way to end the show. Rewatching the 2nd season now, so good.

PixelDream

Quote from: TheHoveringSojourn808 on June 14, 2024, 05:39:20 PM
Completely agree. It's beautiful

I don't know if it's the end, but in one of the later episodes there's a scene with 'I'm out to get you' by Robin Trower playing. That's such an awesome scene.

A top 3 show for me for sure! Absolutely loved it.

Glasser

Quote from: BlackInk on June 14, 2024, 01:51:53 AM
The Leftovers was such a unique and special show. It's been a while, but I remember the rawness of the emotional beats hitting like few other things have before or since.

First season was epic, the second had a few moments... If I remember correctly the show ending was lame.

PixelDream

The Leftovers: I thought S1 was good and interesting but it all really took off in S2. S3 gets quite out there but it all comes together nicely in the end. Overall I'd say S2 is where it's at.

BlackInk

I liked the ending. It's very subdued and unremarkable in once sense, but it's really moody and thematic in a way that makes it fit imo.

MirrorMask

Count me in as well among those who enjoyed a lot the ending of The Leftovers.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: BlackInk on June 16, 2024, 03:33:04 AM
I liked the ending. It's very subdued and unremarkable in once sense, but it's really moody and thematic in a way that makes it fit imo.

It fit the show perfectly. That's one of the strongest elements of the show to me.....how consistent the 'feel' of the show was. Each season had its own different elements but they remained tethered together by the same 'mood' overarching atmosphere

Glasser

PixelDream

Started watching Presumed Innocent on Apple TV, seems like a good show.

MirrorMask

Watched the first two seasons of Welcome to Wrexham, with Wrexham being the football team of the namesake Wales town bought by Ryan Reynolds and Rob MchElenney.

It's surprisingly nice and heartwarming, Rob and Ryan are in a way the protagonists of course, but every episode is focused on an aspect of a small community that is joined together by the passion for football. Highly recommended if you have even a slight interest in sports.

The Realm

Quote from: PixelDream on June 18, 2024, 02:23:13 AM
Started watching Presumed Innocent on Apple TV, seems like a good show.

I'm loving it so far.

gmillerdrake

Man.....Dark Matter's latest episode was nuts. Finale episode left.....

The Realm

Quote from: gmillerdrake on June 19, 2024, 09:18:23 PM
Man.....Dark Matter's latest episode was nuts. Finale episode left.....

Yes it was. Only one episode left though. I'm thinking the whole family is headed to the box!

jammindude

I just finished all three seasons of Loudermilk on Netflix.

What a FANTASTIC show!!  I did a little research and it sounds like the show was on a service no one watched and then it got torched by Covid.  I'm hoping that it gets new life on Netflix and they decide to give us a 4th season. This show totally deserves it.

Adami

Quote from: jammindude on June 19, 2024, 11:42:57 PM
I just finished all three seasons of Loudermilk on Netflix.

What a FANTASTIC show!!  I did a little research and it sounds like the show was on a service no one watched and then it got torched by Covid.  I'm hoping that it gets new life on Netflix and they decide to give us a 4th season. This show totally deserves it.

I kept seeing that show pop up on Netflix and always ignored it simply because of the picture. Ron Livingston looking annoyed. Been there. Seen it. Blah blah.

Then finally I was really in need of something and put it on, figuring I'd watch one episode and stop if I didn't like it.

Went through all three seasons and became really sad that it didn't keep going. What a great, great show.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

cramx3

Got all caught up to season two of Interview with a Vampire, such a good show. I never read the books, but I can say the show does a really good job to win over someone who loved the movie.